Thread: Definitions of the Instinctual Stackings

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Definitions of the Instinctual Stackings

I want to here from you guys how you define the instinctual stackings or what you think their salient features are within individuals. How do I "know" i or someone else are Sx, So, or Sp dom?

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So = Ego
    Sp = Super-Id
    Sx = Super-Ego

So is strong steady energy signature
    Sp is erratic weak energy signature
    Sx is steady weak energy signature

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

It's too much to write down into a single post, but as a starting point to understanding the instincts and stackings below are some of the info I've found helpful for figuring this stuff out in the past. In addition to these links, it takes a lot of social exposure, going through many social situations and linking them to all these descriptions to see how this actually works. Much like with socionics types, I've found holistic intuitive understanding of the stackings to be much more revealing than one-on-one behaviorist comparisons.

Instinct stackings in a nutshell
    Last (blindspot) instinct descriptions
    Enneagram Institute Instinct Workshop Notes
    Contra / Syn-chain flouse
    Combinations of primary instinct and main enneagram type: by Naranjo ** from Enneagram.net ** by Beatrice Chestnut.
    Instinct observations scrapheap
    Visual composites & identification
    In music & videos

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silke View Post
    It's too much to write down into a single post, but as a starting point to understanding the instincts and stackings below are some of the info I've found helpful for figuring this stuff out in the past. In addition to these links, it takes a lot of social exposure, going through many social situations and linking them to all these descriptions to see how this actually works. Much like with socionics types, I've found holistic intuitive understanding of the stackings to be much more revealing than one-on-one behaviorist comparisons.
    I'm not really looking for sources as much as what people on here think and a dialogue over what people think they are and aren't.

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did mine make sense? Lol

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Contra View Post
    I want to here from you guys how you define the instinctual stackings or what you think their salient features are within individuals. How do I "know" i or someone else are Sx, So, or Sp dom?
    what stands out most to me in a one-word attempt to capture it would be:

so: warmth
    sx: energy
    sp: reticence

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy8419 View Post
    Did mine make sense? Lol
    Yeah yours makes sense and is definitely an interesting idea. Im not really invested in this typology so i don't have much reaction but I'd be interested to see other people's reactions. It's fairly idiosyncratic as well but i don't see why there can't be complete overlap between the stackings and socionics.

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    what stands out most to me in a one-word attempt to capture it would be:

so: warmth
    sx: energy
    sp: reticence
    interesting, so how would you reconcile a combination like sx/sp that would involve both energy and reticence-- that is how would that manifest in an individual? They obviously aren't directly in contradiction but they give you fairly opposed images/ideas.

TIM
    9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

interesting, so how would you reconcile a combination like sx/sp that would involve both energy and reticence-- that is how would that manifest in an individual? They obviously aren't directly in contradiction but they give you fairly opposed images/ideas.
    Someone who is hot and cold.

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah yours makes sense and is definitely an interesting idea. Im not really invested in this typology so i don't have much reaction but I'd be interested to see other people's reactions. It's fairly idiosyncratic as well but i don't see why there can't be complete overlap between the stackings and socionics.
    Well, I didn't pull it from thin air lol

So = instinctually invested in society
    Sp = instinctually invested in self-preservation
    Sx = instinctually invested in partnership

Ego = what we offer to society
    Super-ego = what we do to protect ourselves from society
    Super-id = what we expect from our partner

They're basically the same things lol

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by epheme View Post
    Someone who is hot and cold.
    Aha! Every woman that ever existed!

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Like a racehorse pulling on its reins - energy held back. sp/sx would be stuff bubbling below the surface.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy8419 View Post
    So = Ego
    Sp = Super-Id
    Sx = Super-Ego

So is strong steady energy signature
    Sp is erratic weak energy signature
    Sx is steady weak energy signature
    In what ways do you see so as strong and steady? It is associated with being erratic more than sp. Unless you mean how the instincts manifest in you personally? If so then I understand.

I kind of see it like this sometimes:

sp = earth (being grounded, comfortable and stable)
    so = wind (gently passes by most of the time but now and then strong enough to feel moved by it or even knocked off my feet.)
    sx = fire (a force of nature that must be regularly fueled and tended to but often controlled in order to prevent burning everything else down (phoenix from the ashes).

Water is the ability to flow effortlessly between the three instincts. Be like water...

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    In what ways do you see so as strong and steady? It is associated with being erratic more than sp. Unless you mean how the instincts manifest in you personally? If so then I understand.

I kind of see it like this sometimes:

sp = earth (being grounded, comfortable and stable)
    so = wind (gently passes by most of the time but now and then strong enough to feel moved by it or even knocked off my feet.)
    sx = fire (a force of nature that must be regularly fueled and tended to but often controlled in order to prevent burning everything else down (phoenix from the ashes).

Water is the ability to flow effortlessly between the three instincts. Be like water...
    That's not how they look in the composite pics.

Ego is strong and steady, because it doesn't contain the stress of the Super-Id. The two share descriptions of So and Sp respectively.