TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Default Constructivist

Quote Originally Posted by wiki
    Constructivists less critically receive emotions, they get "loaded" by them. After falling into a particular emotional state, constructivists stay in it for a prolonged period of time, therefore they try to avoid information that is unacceptable or unpleasant for them emotionally. For emotivists calls for action/consideration are not critically evaluated, thus they can get "loaded" by them and switch to thinking about a certain topic. After getting into a theme they stay in that mode of operation for a prolonged period of time and have difficulty switching, "disconnecting" (due to this they try to avoid unacceptable requests/topics).
    Would someone please help me deal with this. Recently I made plans to go to late lunch with friends and I was asked not to go because that would disrupt plans for something else but got upset because that would mean flaking on my friends, which I do not do and don't like that flakiness and inconsistency. So I got really upset and regretfully canceled my late lunch two hours before going and now I can't shake my emotions about it. It's making me very upset I can't compartmentalize my feelings and I can't get out of the state of being upset. I need to find a way to distract myself in a healthy way. Are there any suggestions?

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    Would someone please help me deal with this. Recently I made plans to go to late lunch with friends and I was asked not to go because that would disrupt plans for something else but got upset because that would mean flaking on my friends, which I do not do and don't like that flakiness and inconsistency. So I got really upset and regretfully canceled my late lunch two hours before going and now I can't shake my emotions about it. It's making me very upset I can't compartmentalize my feelings and I can't get out of the state of being upset. I need to find a way to distract myself in a healthy way. Are there any suggestions?
    Whackerbation?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy8419 View Post
    Whackerbation?
    What?

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What?
    Overflow of emotional energy. Rub one out and it will dissipate lol. Or exercise or do something productive or something, but won't be as fun lol

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy8419 View Post
    Overflow of emotional energy. Rub one out and it will dissipate lol. Or exercise or do something productive or something, but won't be as fun lol
    Why is a lot about sex with you?

I got over it because I told myself that it should not upset me and it's not important in the big picture

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why is a lot about sex with you?

I got over it because I told myself that it should not upset me and it's not important in the big picture
    With me? That's everyone lol

I said to Si->Fe, which would have calmed EII. Then I said to Te->Si, which would have activated EII. You opted for Ne.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Horse View Post
    You probably feel better already.

Going forward, don't cancel your plans so easily, perhaps the person who made you cancel, could employ a little more consideration in the future and understand your lunch date was important to you, and then slide their plans forward a little bit. Not the end of the world if there is give and take.
    Yes much better, thank you. The person who I cancelled for is much closer and important to me however they too could have been considerate but we're not because they too made plans for the day that others flaked on leaving the day open to do nothing and since finding this out I felt bad about it and the person's disappointed feelings shifted my upsetness to feel for them and their circumstance so I let go of mine to be compassionate and offer my compassion.

Word Definition Warrior – WDW Troll Nr 007's Avatar
    TIM
    H-ILE-Ne 7w6-2w1-1w9
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well... even I can get very worked up about this. Few minutes alone releasing stress in some way and then face it. I might use some humor and it wears out faster that way. It can be embarrassing but this is me.

I must admit that I can be pretty avoidant if it is possible.
    Enneagram 3 blindspot. Visual deficits in 4, 8. Triple instinctual blindspot.

Highly immature Discord channel
    because enneagram is just too simple and therefore we need to develop a new classification system called Rhombic triacontahedron with life module containing eukaryotes, prokaryotes and virus.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by unsuccessfull Alphamale View Post
    Well... even I can get very worked up about this. Few minutes alone releasing stress in some way and then face it. I might use some humor and it wears out faster that way. It can be embarrassing but this is me.

I must admit that I can be pretty avoidant if it is possible.
    I could use practice at both avoidance and humor

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

See? He "relieves stress in private" too