Thread: Delta Fictional Societies

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Delta Fictional Societies

Deltas, mention or describe a fictional society you could most easily see yourself adapting to. On a website that seems lost now, someone mentioned the Borg in Star Trek being a Delta Society. In some ways I can see that, the Borg do seem to be very Te-Si oriented, though maybe a bit too robotic. The Dwarves in Lord of the Rings seem Delta to me, master tinkerers with a high sense of honor. Maybe the Hobbits would be Delta also.

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Giver has a Delta Society. It's slightly jacked, in reality, though lol.

Dwarves wouldn't be, because they crave money like nuts. More like LSI.

Hobbits wouldn't be, because they're 100% lazy. More like ESE.

TIM
    Eii
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The candor faction in divergent (??) Mixed with abnegation

Amity is alpha

Dauntless is beta

Euridite is gamma/alpha

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

in LOTR, the elves seemed way more delta than the dwarves. all dwarves care about is money, somewhat "primitive" delights, etc.

Elves were about refinement, seclusion in idealistic societies, elitism, and I think "Sorrow of the Firstborn" is basically similar to Delta old age / being the Grandparents / Oldest of the Socion.

THey also loved trees and forests, were "somewhat" accepting of others, and definitely full of themselves even if in a demure way.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haven't seen divergent.

The high elves in LoTR match, though. They basically even fade away / go to sleep at the end of the LoTR.

Being zenith societies, they usually won't exist in fiction unless they are pseudo-delta and slightly Fd up or exist as bits and pieces that overarch the mains societies in the story. E.g., Delta in our world are more likely to exist as "societies" than actual societies which are material groups, loosely affiliated and benefiting and helping the lower/normal levels from above.

TIM
    Eii
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How about 'A Bugs Life'? The character,Flik, could be alpha stuck in a delta society.

TIM
    IEE, 9w1
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hufflepuff.

Value driven. Not as competitive. Seems slightly more aristocratic, serious, judicious.
    And if God cares so wonderfully for flowers that are here today and gone tomorrow, won't he more surely care for you?- Matthew 6:30

TIM
    IEE, 9w1
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can totally see LOTR elves as Delta.
    And if God cares so wonderfully for flowers that are here today and gone tomorrow, won't he more surely care for you?- Matthew 6:30

TIM
    IEE 379 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP View Post
    in LOTR, the elves seemed way more delta than the dwarves. all dwarves care about is money, somewhat "primitive" delights, etc.

Elves were about refinement, seclusion in idealistic societies, elitism, and I think "Sorrow of the Firstborn" is basically similar to Delta old age / being the Grandparents / Oldest of the Socion.

THey also loved trees and forests, were "somewhat" accepting of others, and definitely full of themselves even if in a demure way.
    If you read Tolkien's books, you will notice how the Elves go through several stages of civilization.

By the time of the events Tolkien wrote about in the Lord of the Rings, Elves were Deltas in their final stages before death and subsequent rebirth. Wise heads realized that they had to leave, adapt and discover a new way of life (i.e. move to Alpha) or they would dwindle and be forgotten. Men, by contrast, had developed much more slowly, and thus were only a Beta race at this time. The First, Second and Third Ages of Middle-Earth generally coincide with the time periods in which the Elves as a race were Beta, Gamma and Delta. Before the First Age, all the races of Middle-Earth were primitive, childlike Alphas. Because of the Oath of Fëanor, the Elves' fate in this world become directly tied to that of Melkor and hence Sauron. As Dwarves were not "true creations" but imitations and thus ultimately inferior, Men would always have been left to dominate the Earth after those enemies were gone.

I suspect that Tolkien, if he understood Socionics, would identify our civilization as one in a Delta phase right now (we have been since the 1960s). As such, we should consider the position of the Elves and how they chose to react. Some shut themselves away, wishfully thinking that the hordes wouldn't come for them. Other fled to distant lands while they still could. However, a few were brave enough to stand and fight. They used their knowledge to help defeat the rising tide of evil, and they did it not for themselves but to help secure some liberty for the children who would come after them.
    Last edited by Spermatozoa; 11-07-2017 at 07:30 PM.

TIM
    IEE 379 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

If we were to take Tolkien literally and apply this concept at a personal level, when you face an existential crisis you should return to where you first arose, to a primordial state where you can rediscover what's important - your "essence" so to speak - and then you may begin to reinvent yourself.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

communistic ones. like at Strugatskiy's and Yefremov's worlds, for example
    values: the reason (Te), the brotherhood of humanity (Fi), comfortable life (Si), advancing science knowledge (Ne)

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by applejacks View Post
    I can totally see LOTR elves as Delta.
    Yeah, though some of them are also a bit - oriented, occasionally belligerent and mystic folks with a knack for beauty. The Dwarves seem more like it, work preoccupation > war. Though in general it's clear how - elves are wired, and I see a lot of aristocracy in them. I could easily see myself living in Lothlórien, very cozy and safe:

A Place within a Place in the Universe Where they will never suspect. *Cackles like a witch.*
    TIM
    EII H-Ne
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wanna say the urRu/Mystic's society in the Dark Crystal is pretty Delta. They live peacefully, but in hiding. They are essentially the peaceful, light side of the Urskeks, while Skeksis are the hedonistic, Machiavellian dark side.

Jen is orphaned and his father figure is an urRu. He notes that no matter how badly he behaved, the urRu never beat him.

They dabble in knowledge, benevolent magic, but what they know is completely conceptual, and they are passive when it comes to the real world. They can be equated to a culture that doesn't value se.

and the human zoo from Steven Universe is a pretty Delta place, potentially to unhealthy extremes. The humans are raised in captivity, it's peaceful, and they have food, everyone is happy and peaceful, but they are in captivity which is not quite how humans should be. Pink Diamond put them there because she wanted to save them from the destruction of the earth though.
    xII se PoLR, 9w1-5w4-2w3 sp/so

Phlegmatic-Melancholic |RCoAI| Fascinator| Newtype-secondary| LEFVl|

#JusticeforJeb_, Water Sheep did nothing wrong, High Inquisitor Of Council of Water Sheep and Water Sheep's protector

Make things right? Who are we to decide when things are right and when they need to be fixed?