Thread: Augustus Caesar

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Augustus Caesar

For the sake of discussion, I would like to host an open-ended discussion for those who would like to add, contribute, argue for or against the type of the first founder and emperor of the Roman Empire - Augustus (Gaius Octavius)

Here is my analysis that I have written and posted to my blog:
    http://socionicsdatabase.blogspot.co...us-caesar.html

"Augustus Caesar was a visionary Emperor of Rome who helped expand the Roman Empire to unprecedented size. His action-orientated rule lead to great structural growth within the Roman Empire and his political dealings lead to a 200 year Pax Romana (Roman Peace) Golden Age.

Augustus abhorred inefficiency and put in place mass projects to improve the Roman Empire infrastructure. Augustus put it best in a famous quote: “I found Rome bricks and left it Marble.” Augustus had a very clear vision for the Roman Empire and had the drive and organizational skills to implement his ideas. From what conclusions that I have drawn from these observations point to the formulation of Augustus having P1, applying his knowledge towards practical projects and utilizing this prospect in a very effective manner. Additionally, Augustus was very concerned with the idea efficiency and optimization of Rome upon it's founding. His ability to gather information and see things from a global perspective allowed him to make strategic decisions that laid out the foundation for prosperity and peace. This was never more apparent than when Augustus Caesar declined to take on the dictatorship like his adoptive father Julius Caesar, even when the populace cried out for him to do so. His ability to remain independent and trust his own perception of the situation allowed him to come to a politically strategic stance in order to avoid a fate similar to Julius Caesar’s. These are very P and F themes, with a much greater range of confidence in P and T. F is more restrained with Augustus, his decision making often has a strong connection towards future development or T. From the aforementioned observations, I find T2 to be a likely for Augustus, because this would accurately describe Augustus's periodically detached contemplation about realistic future developments. It is clear that Augustus was primarily more concerned with big-picture thinking and long-term strategies as an Emperor.

Augustus' behavior can best be summarized as very confident, calm and decisive. He also found it quite difficult to engage in social conversations and instead chose channel his creativity and insight into plans, opinions, and decisions, which they then communicate unmistakably. This contrast of public image versus internal preference is perfectly illustrated at the end of Augustus’s life when he famously states (on his deathbed): “Have I played the part well? Then applaud as I exit.” I believe this illustrates devalued E, perhaps in the case of E3 rather than being entirely neglectful of this type of information compared to E4. I think it is clear that Augustus was capable of adapting himself to the social atmosphere, however he was normally described as respectful and polite towards the interlocutor, yet he was emotionally unengaging.

He was also described as: "unusually handsome and exceedingly graceful at all periods of his life, though he cared nothing for personal adornment. He was so far from being particular about the dressing of his hair, that he would have several barbers working in a hurry at the same time, and as for his beard he now had it clipped and now shaved, while at the very same time he would either be reading or writing something." This illustrates devalued S4 as a "blind spot" for Augustus, being continuously ignored in favor for productive activity.

It is also clear that Augustus' valued R, particularly this can be illustrated in specific qualities that he possessed. During Augustus' reign as emperor, he was drawn towards selecting a number of close acquaintances that he completely trusted. This sort of carefulness and uncertainty in selecting friendships with individuals that Augustus trusted suggests R5, pertaining towards difficulty in augmenting the current state of affairs with the individuals around him. However, Augustus severely punished individuals, that regardless of closeness were seen to betray him. Evidently, what was previously mentioned and in context of this piece of information would make more sense for Augustus to have F6. He desired autonomy and control over his environment, but naturally being more cerebral in his leadership and having some degree of restraint in exercising his willpower. However, it should be noted that his past persona was of that of a mild and benevolent figure in his youth as a ruthless Octavian.

From what I've listed above already is consistent with P1, T2, E3, S4, R5 and F6. Consequently, I think that Augustus is a very good representative of the LIE type of information metabolism."

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

""Augustus Caesar was a visionary Emperor of Rome who helped expand the Roman Empire to unprecedented size. His action-orientated rule lead to great structural growth within the Roman Empire and his political dealings lead to a 200 year Pax Romana (Roman Peace) Golden Age.

Augustus abhorred inefficiency and put in place mass projects to improve the Roman Empire infrastructure"

I only read that far, but that was Te-Ni. That said, though, I think leaders treat the lead through super-ego, not ego.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Seems like Tp
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Megane Sorry, was kind of lazy with my answer yesterday. I can expand on it, if you think it has value to you.