Thread: I Need Ink Ideas

TIM
    LSI-Se
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default I Need Ink Ideas

What should I get to cover up my self-injury scars from my teen years? Getting work done in a few months and don't know what to get. I have scars on my upper-left arm and left forearm. I like black and gray ink. I don't like cute, girly art, or cliche trashy, and I'm a rocker.
    LSI-Se 836 Sp/Sx

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ex got vines and a poem about turning pain into joy over hers

TIM
    LSI-Se
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    Attachment 7207

Attachment 7208

Do you have an instagram account? There are so many amazing artists that I follow, I could recommend a few.
    No instagram
    LSI-Se 836 Sp/Sx

***el X Mercenary
    TIM
    Te-ISTp
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can we get a little more insight as to what you consider to be cliche, trashy, or girly tattoo choices? I don't know about most women with tats, but I have noticed that a significant portion of the dancers in Daytona tend to choose body art that reflects a sort of juxtaposition between the feminine and the masculine and/or of innocence and horror.

Stylistically "cute" images of baby goat heads, panda bears, the Little Debbie/Wendy's logo, or a redrawn photo of yourself as a little girl, but with corpse paint over the eyes, with or without an inverted cross on the forehead. Things of that nature.

I've even seen some Jesus Christ, Simpson's Milhouse, and Corpse Bride tattoos done in a similar vein in other places.

You're a musician, right? Depending on the context, I suppose tattoos could be considered a type of social uniform so maybe think of whatever ideas or feelings you are trying to convey musically to the listener and try to translate that general concept into an image as if you were immortalizing the only album cover you'll ever be remembered for. Or if you're just trying to cover a scar without conveying anything in particular, then I would go with the long serpent up and down the arm idea that Starfall/poo posted.

Though probably cliche, I am a partial to skull tattoos (usually as symbolic representations of death/hardship), especially when coupled with an image representing a personal passion, philosophical disposition, or simply something normal/mundane.

Depending on the talent of the artist and your level of comfort with them, you might even consider getting something along the lines of these (albeit, smaller versions), which were among the cooler designs I've seen on Google.

If it were me, I'd modify these basic ideas into an image and quote/word that held some sort of philosophical meaning to me.

Good luck with whatever you ultimately decide on.
    Last edited by duality is cringe; 02-27-2016 at 11:39 PM.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LSI Pole Ninja View Post
    What should I get to cover up my self-injury scars from my teen years? Getting work done in a few months and don't know what to get. I have scars on my upper-left arm and left forearm. I like black and gray ink. I don't like cute, girly art, or cliche trashy, and I'm a rocker.
    What are your passions? I feel like if you're going to do things to cover a scar it should be something positive inspiring and meaningful.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    LSI-Se
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    What are your passions? I feel like if you're going to do things to cover a scar it should be something positive inspiring and meaningful.
    Pole dancing, rock music, food, love, sex.... I don't think I want any of those incorporated into my ink lmao. Maybe rock culture inspire
    LSI-Se 836 Sp/Sx

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pole Ninja View Post
    Pole dancing, rock music, food, love, sex.... I don't think I want any of those incorporated into my ink lmao. Maybe rock culture inspire
    dream catcher https://www.google.com/search?q=tatt...+dream+catcher

you can get an idea from japanese watercolor

https://www.google.com/search?q=tatt...ing+watercolor

chinese watercolor

https://www.google.com/search?q=chin...ZA8ASIQ_AUIBig
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html