Thread: Personality and Iris Patterns

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Default Personality and Iris Patterns

Since some people type based on the iris of the eye I decided to check further into it. I enlisted the help of an IEI family member and a magnifying glass in order to determine the pattern of my iris since it does not show clearly in any of the pictures I took. My eye is a primary jewel but secondary shaker which gives me a shaker-jewel pattern. It was actually kind of fun to do but ultimately on the same level with blood type personalities as far as being accurate. I would say at least half of the traits of shaker and jewel could apply to me. Maybe a little more. I will ask my eye doctor when I go in for a follow up. I just happen to have an allergy so it is perfect timing as far as getting a professional opinion on my iris pattern. I could also relate to parts of the stream-flower which I thought was my pattern just based on pics. It was helpful to have someone else to look since I took my contacts out to avoid distortion. Plus it is really hard to look into my own eyes in a mirror without contacts

So yeah it is pretty interesting idea but does it correlate with enneagram and socionics? You be the judge of your own eyes.

http://rayid.com/iris-patternsstructures/

UPDATE: My eyes are stream-jewel

Summary of Jewel Characteristics

Iris Type: Jewel
    Iris traits: Brown freckle-like dots or flecks
    Personality: Thinking, analytical, verbal, slow to change
    Essence/Unique gift: Clear, knowing
    Gestures/Postures: Controlled, pointed
    Perspective: “I” (1st person)
    Gifts/Skills: Leadership, attention to detail, clarity
    Lessons: Trust others, delegate, integrate, flow, allow, let go
    Learning (subconscious): Visual, and by association with emotions
    Communication (conscious): Verbal, using sounds and words
    Family relationships: Often closer to mother/sister in childhood, problems with father/brother
    Mate/partner relationships: Flower (feeling-type)
    Activities/Disposition: Star Trek fans, future-oriented
    Energy pattern/Direction: Build energy, direct it forward
    Physical characteristics: Sharper bone structure in face, cold hands, warm body
    Interruptive pattern: Verbal over-analysis, jittery hands/feet, abrupt body movements
    Sleep: Primarily on left side, with partner on their right
    Fears: Being controlled, letting go, criticism, intimacy, the unknown
    Adaptation: Emotional, spacey, forgetful
    Stress imbalance: Anxious, frustrated, avoiding, loss of confidence
    Transformational Pathway
    Positive expression: Control, focus, analyze, plan
    If blocked, they are: Opinionated, interruptive, avoiding
    If they learn to: Allow, flow, open
    They experience: Deep feeling & silence
    Achieving the desired state of: Knowing truth

Summary of Shaker Characteristics:

Iris Type: Shaker
    Iris traits: Both dot-like/freckle-like pigments and rounded openings
    Personality: Driven, progressive, in motion, unpredictable, extreme
    Essence/Unique gift: Vitality, joy
    Gestures/Postures: Dynamic
    Perspective: “They” (4th person)
    Gifts/Skills: Motivation, originality, zeal, achievement
    Lessons: Consistency, moderation, stability, trust
    Learning(subconscious): Through body experience/motion/intuitive feeling
    Communication (conscious): Alternating or unified (visual and verbal), and by gesture
    Family relationships: Depends on primary structure (Jewel or Flower)
    Mate/partner relationships: Stream (kinesthetic-type)
    Activities/Disposition: Travel and/or fighting for causes, enthusiastic, impatient
    Energy pattern/Direction: Moves energy, up and out
    Sleep: Depends on primary structure
    Fears: Failure, being controlled, intimacy
    Adaptation: Inactive
    Stress imbalance: Autocratic
    Transformational Pathway
    Positive expression: Driven, motivated
    If blocked, they are: Reckless, isolated
    If they learn to: Plan, join, connect
    They experience: Change, sense of purpose
    Achieving a state of: Conscience aliveness

Edit: 2 out of 3 people say my eyes are stream-jewel so adding stream description.

Summary of Stream Characteristics

Iris type: Stream
    Iris traits: Straight lines or streaks of color
    Personality: Amiable, intuitive, sensitive, grounded
    Essence/Unique gift: Stillness, connectedness, mediator
    Gestures/Postures: Subtle
    Perspective: “We” (3rd person)
    Gifts/Skills: Balance and stability, empathy, support, integration
    Lessons: Trust, release, find purpose
    Learning (subconscious): Experiential, by doing
    Communication (conscious): By touch and posture
    Family relationships: Depends on primary structure (i.e., Jewel or Flower)
    Mate/partner relationships: Shaker (movement-type)
    Activities/Disposition: Physically active, attentively concerned
    Energy pattern/Direction: Connecting and containing, directed downward (grounding)
    Sleep: Depends on primary structure
    Fear: Change, initiation, mistakes, hurting others or being hurt
    Adaptation: Ungrounded
    Stress imbalance: Acquiescent, stymied, helpless
    Transformational Pathway
    Positive expression: Support, serve, balance
    If blocked, you are: Indecisive
    If you learn to: Initiate, act, move, give
    You experience: Nurturing, unification
    Achieving a state of: Belonging, Deep Stillness
    Last edited by Aylen; 02-25-2016 at 10:01 PM.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As far as I can tell, from staring into the mirror for 15 minutes until my eyes hurt, all I can see is Stream

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy8419 View Post
    As far as I can tell, from staring into the mirror for 15 minutes until my eyes hurt, all I can see is Stream
    Probably need some kind of imaging machine to actually see the full pattern. Even a magnifying glass didn't give great detail. I will ask my eye doctor in a few days his opinion on the pattern.I was dialated a couple weeks ago and got to see the blood vessels in my own eyes by staring at a wall. It was like tree branches.

I am not going to mention to the eye doc that I am looking into personality typing based on eye pattern and birth order. I am the first child in birth order by the way. 7 came after me, all half siblings except one and I only know some of them thru fb but I did take the lead in my family which seems normal for being the first child.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like Shaker, but the Jewel description fits much better.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Keep staring at my own eyeballs like a retard LOL

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pa3s View Post

Looks flower to me?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Flower
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Wow your eye is really cool looking up close! Way more detail than any of my pics. My camera must really suck on my phone since I could get no detail and my hand shakes sometimes and blurs the whole image. I don't even know how to take a selfie. I end up with weird angles and parts of me cut off. I swear I have a decent sense of direction but even that took years to work out. I guess one can't be good at everything.

What is your secret to properly photograph your own eye? If it is a great camera then I am out of luck.

Your eye looks like a combination of shaker-jewel to me. You have lots of flecks of different colors. I have mostly flecks of gold, brown over an amber base but sometimes they photograph green or even a bit yellow gold. When I have to state eye color I ask the person what they think and they usually say mark hazel. :/ My aunt used to tell me that I had "cat eyes" because they changed color.

Keep staring at my own eyeballs like a retard LOL
    lol

YWIMW

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Flower-Stream Powaaaaaaa!!!!

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    Wow your eye is really cool looking up close! Way more detail than any of my pics. My camera must really suck on my phone since I could get no detail and my hand shakes sometimes and blurs the whole image. I don't even know how to take a selfie. I end up with weird angles and parts of me cut off. I swear I have a decent sense of direction but even that took years to work out. I guess one can't be good at everything.

What is your secret to properly photograph your own eye? If it is a great camera then I am out of luck.

Your eye looks like a combination of shaker-jewel to me. You have lots of flecks of different colors. I have mostly flecks of gold, brown over an amber base but sometimes they photograph green or even a bit yellow gold. When I have to state eye color I ask the person what they think and they usually say mark hazel. :/ My aunt used to tell me that I had "cat eyes" because they changed color.

lol
    If you look closely, though, you'll realize that her colors are due to bendy filaments forming clumps and lack of clumps, whereas jewels are actually freckles of discoloration upon filaments?

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Yah, I see it. Nice. Someone needs to come take a pic of my eye! grrr

YWIMW

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

If you look closely, though, you'll realize that her colors are due to bendy filaments forming clumps and lack of clumps, whereas jewels are actually freckles of discoloration upon filaments?
    Hmm, it looks pretty different than yours to me. I think it is a he?

YWIMW

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm, it looks pretty different than yours to me. I think it is a he?
    Well I think mine would be considered like brown 90%-stream/10%-flower and theirs probably reverse and grey-brown.

Mine is like top left in one eye and bottom right in other. Theirs is like the top right; where the fibers cross/overlap is where you see the color bands.

Creepy-bg

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bg View Post
    That is both disturbing and hurts my eyes to look at lol

Creepy-bg

i smoke a lot of pot, it's the only way i could get my eye opened far enough

(i just noticed a cat hair too, lol)

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

i smoke a lot of pot, it's the only way i could get my eye opened far enough
    Yay! Your eyes are so blue. I focused in on your pattern and I am not sure which one it resembles most. It looks like a marble. I want to take out your iris and play with it.

I found this site too in my search for the perfect eye typology.

https://myinfiniteiris.com/what-can-...eal-about-you/

YWIMW

hiatus
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

20160224_171122-1.jpg
    Probably the most intimate photo I've ever taken. Also, the only way I could get my pupil to constrict enough to see my iris in detail was to turn on my phone's LED flash, so I'm temporarily blinded for the sake of a silly online quiz.

Creepy-bg

Yay! Your eyes are so blue. I focused in on your pattern and I am not sure which one it resembles most. It looks like a marble. I want to take out your iris and play with it.

I found this site too in my search for the perfect eye typology.

https://myinfiniteiris.com/what-can-...eal-about-you/

I think polyglandular for me on this site. (and flower? for this thread?)

(although tbh I find this fascinating just to see the eyes more than any typology gotten out of it )

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I have dark eyes almost black so you won't be able to see it. Heck I can hardly

You guys have pretty eyes
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hacim View Post
    20160224_171122-1.jpg
    Probably the most intimate photo I've ever taken. Also, the only way I could get my pupil to constrict enough to see my iris in detail was to turn on my phone's LED flash, so I'm temporarily blinded for the sake of a silly online quiz.
    I really appreciate someone who can take one for the team

As I look into all the eyes posted here I see the universe reflected back at me. I have been obsessed with watching shows on hulu about the cosmos and I am awestruck every time I see images from the hubble. It feels like the first time over and over. This universe is art and our eyes are art.

All your eyes are so unique and beautiful. I see galaxies in them. I get that "it's all connected, somehow" feeling. Billions of galaxies and billions of people. I hope it is linked and we each carry a reflection of the galaxy we were spawn from. haha I like that idea.

Thanks for posting. I am trying to find a way to take a pic of my eyes. They are all blurry. I am going to try another camera and maybe more light.
    Last edited by Aylen; 02-24-2016 at 11:38 PM.

YWIMW

Creepy-bg

Thanks for posting. I am trying to find a way to take a pic of my eyes. They are all blurry. I am going to try another camera and maybe more light.
    i had to do mine with sunlight at a window to get the color right.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I couldn't resist.

YWIMW

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

i had to do mine with sunlight at a window to get the color right.
    It's dark out so I will have to wait until tomorrow. I have had three people staring into my eyes today. Everyone agrees with jewel being predominant. The only person with 20/20 vision says he only sees jewel but he wants to take another look in the daylight.I didn't tell him it was a personality thing but I told the others. I just said I wanted to know the pattern of my eye. One says shaker-jewel and one says stream-jewel. I need a pic of my eyes to see for myself. The jewel pictured on that site was my least favorite of the 4. I think flower is very pretty. They are all beautiful in their own way.

YWIMW

bye now
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

stream-shaker

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Looks like a Flower(-Shaker) to me.
    Both Shaker and Jewel have visible dots. I don't see any distinct ones in this pic.
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

My eyes are Flower-Stream.
    No dots at all.

The Flower description fits me surprisingly very well, except for the part about having difficult relations with females.
    It was very interesting to read that Flower types tend to be afraid of drowning; which totally applies to me, it is my main fear.

Having said that, even parts of the Jewel description fit pretty well, and I do not have any dots in my eyes.
    So all in all, we should probably take those assessments with a grain of salt.

It's still interesting to think about.

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Your eye looks like a "Pure" Flower to me.
    Aka no secondary type.

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hacim View Post
    20160224_171122-1.jpg
    Stream!

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Fellow Flower-Stream here.
    My eyes look pretty much the same.

*********** 21-04-19:

Creepy-Decoy

All kinds of barnum statements,All kinds!

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SisOfNight View Post
    Fellow Flower-Stream here.
    My eyes look pretty much the same.
    I wonder if the flowerness changes based on dilatation or time. They're little filament thingies so they probably don't have a single consistent final look. I'd find out but my eyeballs still hurt from yesterday lol

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Jewel or shaker
    Attached Images Attached Images

TIM
    Ni-ENTj 8w9 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm actually not sure what mine are. Open to ideas.

TIM
    LIE-Ni 7w8 So/Sp
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

This was the best photo I could take. Stream I reckon.

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Anglas View Post
    Flower stream

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here it is, people.

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Contra View Post
    Here it is, people.

Flower stream

bye now
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Decoy View Post
    All kinds of barnum statements,All kinds!
    nigga, you trippin. be matchin our eyes up, not be playin foo.
    you be all scrub like. i don't want no scrubs. a scrub is a guy that can't get no love from me.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast