User Tag List

Thread: Hello from Denmark

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile Hello from Denmark

Hi folks,

I'm a 40-year old web developer from Denmark.

I suppose I should say that I'm an INTp since this is the forum for that sort of thing ;-)

I learned only yesterday that there is such a thing as Socionics, and by now, I know superficially what I've read in a few Wikipedia articles - the high-level concepts and some very basic terminology.

I come to this forum hoping to find a collaborator for a project.

I went through divorce about two years ago, and recently started using online dating sites for the first time in my life. I find these dating web-sites to be, without exception, horrible - I can put up with fake profiles etc., but not only are these sites apalling from a technical point of view, they're also unreasonably priced, and the whole business strategy of these sites is deeply morally offensive to me.

So I want to develop a dating site. I'm going to make it better than any of these paid sites - and it's going to be free. Why? Because I can. Because somebody needs to do it. Because it'll give me great personal satisfaction to put these sleazy sites out of business. Because I'm a romantic, and it would please me to help other people (and who knows, maybe someday myself) to find healthy, loving, lasting relationships.

You can tell me if that jives with my personality type ;-)

Anyhow, if this is an acceptable forum for such a thing, I will post more information about the project. For now, I will just say, I'm hoping to find out how a personality test can be used to implement either a kind of profile matching (and search) that goes beyond "we both like to travel and drink red wine" - or at least maybe some kind of "dating advisor" that can tell you something, in general, about the potential partner you're approaching, based on general knowledge about two personality types in a relationship.

At age 40, I can't reasonably go back and take a degree in psychology - just as, I'm sure, someone with adequate experience in this field can't go back and learn software development.

Cheers,
    Rasmus

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Hi and welcome and we will retype you soon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hehehe, right ;-)

Well, I should say that I had never heard of the socionic classifiers and haven't actually tested for those - but I've taken a few MB tests through the years (3 or 4, first one probably 20 years ago) and have always tested consistently as INTJ in every test. There was a table in the Wikipedia article on Socionics that said the equivalent was INTp.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

helt sikkert!

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Yay: another Nord! I feel like starting a collection.
    Iltapäivää from Mojave.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mindplay View Post
    There was a table in the Wikipedia article on Socionics that said the equivalent was INTp.
    wikipedia is not an authoritative source, there is a lot of bullshit

Preferences in both are compatible and "INTJ" means only preferences. So INTJ in MBT is surprisingly INTJ in Socionics. The main problem - you may be typed wrongly anyway as MBT is far from perfect.
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...=1#post1096450

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

there's already a web site like that. i can't remember the name.

TIM
    IEI-Fe (9)62 sx/?
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Hi, o/

socionics dot com has a dating site, you may want to check it out. I'd look at forum threads about other socionics test previously implemented. Common complaints include strong bias from self-reporting and over-reliance on behavioural stereotypes.
    E.g.: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...st-ru-laser-ru , http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...hread-split%29 , http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...ionics-Society

The theory tends to be interesting for people to apply in isolation to their own lives, but starts to break down when trying to match your type impressions to someone else's. The more people you try to agree with the worse it gets. Part of that is due to the general difficulties humans have when analysing each other.

With all these caveats, socionics does describe some recognisable phenomenon, and you'd get major props if you managed to isolate it. [/carrot]
    Reason is a whore.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tested as LIE-ENTj on socionics.com. (I didn't pick "accepting", "dominant" or "inert" on the form - I left those empty, the forum put them in automatically. I don't know what they mean or why they're there.)

I have a difficult time with this type of test - half the time, I don't want to pull the slider either left or right because neither option resonates with me at all. I had difficulty with the photos as well - half them time, I wouldn't spend time with either person in those photos, and I end up picking the one I dislike the least.

Anyways, there it is :-)

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

I tested as LIE-ENTj on socionics.com. (I didn't pick "accepting", "dominant" or "inert" on the form - I left those empty, the forum put them in automatically. I don't know what they mean or why they're there.)

I have a difficult time with this type of test - half the time, I don't want to pull the slider either left or right because neither option resonates with me at all. I had difficulty with the photos as well - half them time, I wouldn't spend time with either person in those photos, and I end up picking the one I dislike the least.

Anyways, there it is :-)
    You don't check your PM's?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Myst View Post
    You don't check your PM's?
    I didn't even know there was such a thing - e-mail notifications for PMs were disabled by default... enabled now, and I will get in touch later today, thanks :-)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Took another test, at 16personalities.com - according to this one, I'm INFP-T

Strength of individual traits: Introverted: 56%, Intuitive: 78%, Feeling: 62%, Prospecting: 53%, Turbulent: 57%.
    Role: Diplomat
    Strategy: Constant Improvement
    I used to rate more strongly as introverted. For example, in recent years, I have become quite comfortable speaking in front of a crowd, to the point of finding it enjoyable - something that used to make me incredibly uncomfortable. I've also become comfortable approaching and addressing strangers in social situations - something that would have been completely out of character for me just two years ago.

Does your personality change over time? I was under the impression it did not. Maybe I was somehow a closet extrovert for the majority of my life?? ;-)

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Took another test, at 16personalities.com - according to this one, I'm INFP-T

I used to rate more strongly as introverted. For example, in recent years, I have become quite comfortable speaking in front of a crowd, to the point of finding it enjoyable - something that used to make me incredibly uncomfortable. I've also become comfortable approaching and addressing strangers in social situations - something that would have been completely out of character for me just two years ago.

Does your personality change over time? I was under the impression it did not. Maybe I was somehow a closet extrovert for the majority of my life?? ;-)
    That's not really type related - these are just skills anyone can pick up on including the necessary confidence, the question is, how it affects your energy level when you do these things and how you process the information needed for these tasks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Myst View Post
    That's not really type related - these are just skills anyone can pick up on including the necessary confidence, the question is, how it affects your energy level when you do these things and how you process the information needed for these tasks.
    But these changes affect how I answer some of the questions - like the very first one: "You find it difficult to introduce yourself to other people". I don't find it nearly as difficult as I used to - in fact, now that I feel more self-confident introducing myself, I actually find it enjoyable. It energizes me.

If that's not a personality change, maybe this question shouldn't be on the quiz? Maybe it's not a very good test?

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

But these changes affect how I answer some of the questions - like the very first one: "You find it difficult to introduce yourself to other people". I don't find it nearly as difficult as I used to - in fact, now that I feel more self-confident introducing myself, I actually find it enjoyable. It energizes me.

If that's not a personality change, maybe this question shouldn't be on the quiz? Maybe it's not a very good test?
    It's a personality change but I said it's not type related in terms of how it is unrelated to overall cognitive function preferences.

No test works perfectly, even the official standardized tests (MBTI and other ones) are not "perfect", they just have questions that each correlate with the measured construct to some degree.

TIM
    IEI-Fe (9)62 sx/?
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

So you could be an extrovert who's gained enough social confidence to introduce themselves, and who *now* finds that it energises them when the negative effect from anxiety are mitigated. So it's a personality change, but not a change in the type of cognition which socionics concerns itself with. That's why written socionics tests, which commonly rely on behaviours, are hard to calibrate. Two people can do the same thing for different reasons.
    Reason is a whore.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GuavaDrunk View Post
    So you could be an extrovert who's gained enough social confidence to introduce themselves, and who *now* finds that it energises them when the negative effect from anxiety are mitigated. So it's a personality change, but not a change in the type of cognition which socionics concerns itself with. That's why written socionics tests, which commonly rely on behaviours, are hard to calibrate. Two people can do the same thing for different reasons.
    That's very insightful, thanks :-)

Mermaid with Stellar views SyrupDeGem's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello.

Now this is a story all about how, my type got changed, turned upside down. Just wait for a minute and watch chatbox right there, & I'll tell how Gem became the moderator with blue hair.

In typology central friended and praised, on the picture thread was where she spent most her days. Chilling out, selfies, relaxing all cool, And all typing some people and getting them schooled.

When a couple of girls who were up to no good, Started annoying her & her friends in the forumhood, She got in one little flame war & got pissed off & said 'I'm moving in with that exboyfriend in the forum with the socionics toffs.

So Gem pulls up to the forum for a year without being a hater, And yells to typocentral 'Yo creeps! Smell Ya later', Became a mod in her kingdom she was finally there, To sit on her throne as the mod with blue hair.

InvisibruJim