Thread: Am I an Entj?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Am I an Entj?

Hi,

I usually test as Entj and the two closest types percentage wise are Enfj and Entp. I find this surprising because I am a very solitary person. I've never discussed this with anyone, so I am curious to know what others might think of my description of myself.

- I don't talk a lot but love simply being in the presence of others and love long one to one conversation. My favourite things is to read or write in a coffee shop, or on the train, library. I find even being around strangers with no interaction soothing.

- I am very polite with strangers and tend to treat everyone as a friend, however I keep a distance with most people unless I sense there is a real rapport.

- I'm very tall and lean and have an imposing figure. I'm told I have a serious formal appearance. I don't take my eyes of the person I am speaking to and gesticulate when I speak. A teacher said something that always struck me when I was younger, she said even when I look her right in they eye as she is lecturing she never feels sure she has my attention. People always asking me to smile. Apparently sultry. I struggle to care about my appearance but I'm very neat and particular with clothes.

- I've always been very quick tempered and irritable.

- Vivid dreamer.

- I remember things in very specific detail.

- I love writing but have terrible grammar. I write screenplays. I write very slowly. My process usually starts with a premise or image. I avoid writing it down for a long time because when I commit ideas to paper to quickly they seem to become static and lifeless. However when I ruminate over them for long periods there is this organic evolving process where I see the narrative from a multitude of angles and perspectives.

- I'm a control freak, I like to do things on my own or tell people what to do.

- I am always wrong about people, I'm surprised when people like me and also flummoxed when people don't like me. Always realise a girl was feeling me when it's a bit too late. People tend to go out of their way to please me once they know me don't really have an inclination to do anything for others unless they have a specific need.

- Very good at mental maths.

- Extremely organized and a germaphobe.

- When I feel comfortable, I tease people and become very silly.

- More socially comfortable with much older people.

- Extremely sensitive to music mostly jazz and classical; Bach, Thelonious Monk, Bernard Hermann.

- Want to make a lot of money in life and have numerous possible plans of varying tangibility to get there.

- Hate seeing people distressed or upset, I tend to feel emotionally responsible for people in vulnerable positions even strangers. However if people in my personal life are negative for too long, I become dismissive and impatient if my attempts to raise spirits fail.

- I refuse to vote but my political views are probably slightly to the right.

- Have a complete lack of moodiness, hard for my emotional state to change. Music, films and books influence my emotions more than my actual personal life.

- My closest friends have tended to be very extroverted.

- Did my undergraduate thesis on the relationship between artificial intelligence and creativity.

- I am indecisive as to what I should focus on in life; writing/directing, architecture, real estate/finance, composing etc

- A bit detached from family, I struggle to stay in touch with people for the sheer sake of staying in touch.

- Very rigid tasteless diet, I'm a pescatarian and only drink water. Noticeable lack of hedonism or any vice.

- I was kind of a walking encyclopedia as a child, a book worm but I actually have a strange insecurity about my thinking abilities. I don't feel smart.

- I don't have a strong sense of identity

- Feel very comfortable speaking publicly or giving presentations.

- I believe in god in a very general way, spinoza's god. However I have no personal conscious use for faith.

Is the bullet proof style of my exposition ok?. That's all I can think of now, I'll probably add more as I think of stuff or answer questions and elaborate if probed. So yeah what's the general impression folks? what are your thoughts? feel free to ask ?

Regards
    Last edited by misterioso91; 02-13-2016 at 07:29 PM.

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds more like ILI to me. Not that LIE is a bad guess. LII might be worth looking into as well.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Entp maybe

TIM
    9w1
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fascinating human
    unholy water sanguine addiction

Mentioned
    386 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

to hope to be typed correctly by some magic without video or IRL contact is inappropriate
    Types examples: video bloggers, actors

TIM
    EIE 9w8-5-4 s?
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

T-ego, potentially Fx-DS? Meaning all Te-Cre types. At first sight you come across as Democratic, so Alpha/Gamma, but really, read up on all that for yourself.
    Reason is a whore.

TIM
    IEI 4w3 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You sound like an introvert to me. IxTx

TIM
    SEER ~ 458 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    734 Post(s)
    Tagged
    40 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    to hope to be typed correctly by some magic without video or IRL contact is inappropriate
    Your response is inappropriate considering they put the effort into creating the op. Did you even take the time to read it?

"When I ought to be thinking of heaven he will nail me to earth"

Mentioned
    386 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    they put the effort into creating the op
    inappropriate efforts = inappropriate results
    such is the reality
    Types examples: video bloggers, actors

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From your self-description you sound introverted?
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I can see LIE in your story.

Walking encyclopedia is typical for ILI/LIE.

Very comfortable speaking publicly sounds pretty extraverted. However not talking much and simply being in the presence of others is pretty introverted. So that's a bit contradictory...

Control freak or telling others what to do sounds LIE too.

The whole gamma socion is pretty solitary, it's not so meaningful.

The way you write is also easely readable for me, so gamma / LIE would be my bet at the moment.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Does seem organized. The control freak part and doing things on your terms is much more LSE except LSE don't read in public for pleasure.

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maritsa is an LIE. Talk to her a bunch and see if she reminds you of yourself.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy8419 View Post
    Maritsa is an LIE. Talk to her a bunch and see if she reminds you of yourself.
    I used to be LSE now I'm LIE? I'm nothing like this person. I don't like doing things on my terms

TIM
    ESI-Se 1w9
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENTj seems right to me.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

ILI/LII more likely

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Welcome,

You may find that you can likely be described by more than one type description, or a combination of them, and that you may relate to types that should be theoretically, mutually exclusive. Remember though, the only person that can accurately type you is you.

Looking at what you wrote, I would break it up into the following dichotomous pairs: IN, NT, and Ip, with Ip being most pronounced, but that is just my observation. If you think you are engaged enough with the world outside your mind, consider substituting with E. Don't be afraid of using an X when needed or unsure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Excuse the delay in my reply. Thanks for your responses. Looking into the nuances of socionics makes me think I am likely an intp. The Fi hidden agenda "to love" is something that resonates with me, I want to have strong bonds with individuals, but I have to go through Fe(PoLR) to get there where I usually trip up. I also think the Fi hidden agenda governs my subconscious drives more than the Se hidden agenda to be wealthy. Se related things pursuit of wealth, working out and initiating plans/actions, are things I learned to value through observation and necessity but they are not consistent sore points in the way Fi has sometimes been for me. Se things are never truly on my mind although I take them increasingly seriously through conscious effort.

Also intertype relationships have been very enlightening to understand, when I first got into socionics I never took the time to look at the relationships between types. The duality relationship between intp and esfp, to me is very accurate. I never seem to notice ESFP women initially, one I was with suddenly appeared with a smile and was not subtle. She would consistently look in my eyes and smile, then when she started to talk she opened up very quickly resting her head on my shoulders, bombarding me with questions. At that time in my life I was not mature enough to handle such an organic interaction, it seemed too sudden, even if I detached she would come looking for me, it was like there was nothing I could do to annoy her, she seemed to delight in the push pull dynamic.

I had an interaction with an ISFJ that was very different, we met in a funny way. She was in her final year at university, I was in my first. We shared a professor and she was asked to run an informal recorded Q n A on how first years felt about their first semester of uni, the professor picked five random students for this including me. Long story short, my professor tells me to talk to her, because after the the Q n A all she talked about was me despite me being mostly reticent. This sounds like a perfectly natural way for an ISFJ to meet her man, however my quietness wasn't cute to her. We would smile at each other and talk but when I didn't initiate anything further she was almost visibly angry, the next time I saw her she was smiling again, but I couldn't be what she needed and she ignored me. I definitely have a longing for the esfp, she loves Salvador Dali (Ni seeking?) sigh again. I feel prepared at this point for the next esfp

When it comes to the enneagram I am definitely a type 1.

I've always found INFs male and female to be a bit hostile with me, I notice them very easily but they always seem a bit unsure about me, I can never read them. INFs your thoughts on Gamma NTs. I know a few ILEs and one LII but I don't think I have ever had an ENTJ in my life to compare are you very outgoing, confident despite being gamma NT? I relate to LIE descriptions but interacting with one would maybe bring clarity.

Is my writing clear? Let me know if this is incoherent babble.

Anyway I will do the 80 questions and post a video eventually, just out of curiosity for what people come up with.

Thanks

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISFP

Word Definition Warrior – WDW Troll Nr 007's Avatar
    TIM
    H-ILE-Ne 7w6-2w1-1w9
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm leaning towards introversion. LII? Te as ignoring position would be my first guess. Lots of energy geared towards it when you are left on your own devices. Am I right?

The amount of self control is good indication of rationality especially for Ij temperament and Ti dominance. Subjugating yourself to a system. Base IE is not called base/program IE for nothing. It is not really ON/OFF behavior what you can expect from creative function.

You also put some effort for Ne but it is not all encompassing irrational way of life.
    Enneagram 3 blindspot. Visual deficits in 4, 8. Triple instinctual blindspot.

Highly immature Discord channel
    because enneagram is just too simple and therefore we need to develop a new classification system called Rhombic triacontahedron with life module containing eukaryotes, prokaryotes and virus.