TIM
    IEE, 9w1
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Types and Leadership Styles

Hey all,

I've been searching through the archives without any luck, but maybe you can help!

I'm looking for type-specific advice in growing as a leader. I know certain types make better leaders, but I'd love to read articles that offer insight into each type when in leadership roles, including their strengths/weaknesses, and how they might grow as leaders.

There are a few that exist within the Meyers Briggs system, but I thought I'd check to see if you all knew any socionics based articles.

Thanks in advance
    And if God cares so wonderfully for flowers that are here today and gone tomorrow, won't he more surely care for you?- Matthew 6:30

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by applejacks View Post
    Hey all,

I've been searching through the archives without any luck, but maybe you can help!

I'm looking for type-specific advice in growing as a leader. I know certain types make better leaders, but I'd love to read articles that offer insight into each type when in leadership roles, including their strengths/weaknesses, and how they might grow as leaders.

There are a few that exist within the Meyers Briggs system, but I thought I'd check to see if you all knew any socionics based articles.

Thanks in advance
    First, be aware that most advice you read in this area is BS aimed at managers. There is a huge difference between a leader and a manager. Take the problem of attacking an emplaced machine gun nest. You can't manage a group of men into doing it. ("Bob, you run around on the left side, Jim runs around on the right side, and Ted, you run straight up the middle while I sit back and manage the situation.) But you can lead them there.

A big part of leadership is taking ownership of a job to the point where you will do anything to get it done. It helps if you have a vision of the job and its merits that you believe in and that other people can buy into, because you will need to support and protect every person who buys into that vision. You will have to constantly demonstrate to them what that vision is, and respect them enough to assume they can make their own decisions about buying into it.

Saving Private Ryan has a good scene where Tom Hanks does this very thing. None of these guys wanted to do it. They all thought it was a bad idea, and that someone, maybe them, was going to die. But they would not abandon Hanks to do it on his own. That is leadership.

The military has a bunch of literature on how to be a leader. Find it, read it. They do it best.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 02-12-2016 at 02:00 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by applejacks View Post
    I'm looking for type-specific advice in growing as a leader.
    Have deals where you have strong functions. If you are good in something - you get more chance for leadership there.

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can give examples of EII vs LSI, if you would like. They go hand-in-hand in a certain sense in the business world, and am quite familiar with it.

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Perhaps you already read these but gulenko sort of went into this a bit in these descriptions:

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...ile-by-Gulenko