Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What type am I?

IMG_5733.JPGI've been professionally typed as an ENTp
    Lol Lol lol I don't think it's right

SO.. I'm going to list stuff and please let me know what y'all think
    I also took the socionics test and i got typed as an ENFp and also an INFp.. When I took the MBTI first like a few years ago I got ESFJ so who even knows anymore.

-I hate when people tell me what to do. I immediately resist and it comes out as an authority complex I think, but I just really don't like when people order me around. It makes me want to do the opposite of what I was told to do. I'm very, very stubborn.
    -I enjoy change and need to switch things up once in awhile. If I'm stagnant I will start to feel stuck and sad. I very easily extricate myself from things and actually have an issue sticking with something.
    -I refuse people's help very often. I don't like to admit that I need help and prefer to solve issues on my own. Interestingly enough, people help me anyway. Friends are always helping me by cooking for me and feeding me, etc. It's annoying and I sound like a brat but I really don't ask for it and it makes me feel incompetent.
    -I'm very often in a battle between what people want from me and what I want to do for myself. I very often do what others want me to do because I want to be liked and respected.
    -I'm always restless. I'm the "anywhere but here" girl.
    -I enjoy relaxing in the moment and to feel myself in the environment. Listening to music in a crowded street especially helps me with this.
    -I play victim. A lot.
    -I have no patience for critical assholes. I don't judge my friends and I ask them to not judge me. In this way I constantly wish to feel free around people but I rarely do because I always feel slightly judged.
    -I strive to understand my motivations and to have a deeper sense of self.
    -I often feel as though everyone is demanding something of me and I give everything away, only to have no insides left to survive.
    -I loooooooove privacy and when people try to get in my space best believe they get my stubbornness.
    -I usually play the role within friendships as the listener and the cheerleader. I enjoy helping people with career advice and things for their future.
    -I am plagued by wasting time

I hope this gives you guys something??? Let me know if you need further clarification.
    Thanks so much to whoever helps
    Last edited by lazyandhazy; 02-10-2016 at 12:46 AM.

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Se valuing extravert... i think. Well, at least Se valuing.

Banned
    TIM
    f a g g o t
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm guessing EIE.

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, EIE seems like a strong possibility.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

without video you have low chance to be typed correctly
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...=1#post1096450

TIM
    IEI 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds ENFp

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ExFp . I'd say ENFp>ESFp ... but there is something about the answers... I mean your answers are generally Ne, but more like book-like Ne character and I can feel some sort of angry tension behind it... Angry I mean rebellious and strong nature that is more characteristic for Se than Ne. Have you ever considered being SEE?
    I very much doubt you're EIE.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll try to post a video soon, but for now I'll use this questionnaire. Thank you guys! Yeah, I could definitely see EIE. But the thing is, I think I have slightly underdeveloped Fe.

What is beauty? What is love?
    Beauty and love are the same thing to me. There is both beauty and love in everything we do if we choose to see it.
    I genuinely think it's a matter of perspective. If you take a plant, beauty is looking at the positive features of the object and the love forms when you see how those positive features make you feel. Maybe that was poorly phrased, but I hope you get what I mean.

What are your most important values?
    Hmm.. I feel as though my values change very often. I really value diplomacy and tact. I think people should treat everyone with respect until they are given a reason not to. I have little patience for those assholes that are rude to people just 'cause they feel like it. In addition, I think it's crucial to have an open mind. I dislike those that immediately close off without trying to give it a change.

In addition, freedom. Freedom. Freedom. Trusting someone to allow them to grow is needed. Allowing people to be free is the biggest gift you can grant them.
    Not much else. I think all other values are more situational and are very subject to change.

Do you have any sort of spiritual/religious beliefs, and why do you hold (or don't) those beliefs in the first place?
    I'm very interested in spirituality but use it is as more of a learning tool than something I take too seriously. For instance, I really enjoy learning about the intricacies of astrology and have spent years reading about it. I'm still not willing to commit to any sort of spirituality and call it apart of me, though. I think it's a more "what fun story will I read today?" kind of mentality. In the same respect, I've been getting into Buddhism as well but despite meditating, I would not say I commit to it either.

Opinion on war and militaries? What is power to you?
    I just associate war with money and therefore I find it useless. It has always happened and will always continue to happen, but I think we have evolved into humans for a reason. I believe there is a better way of fighting than go to a physical war and going back to being a primate. Power is accepting that there is little control in the world and still being okay with it. I do not wish to control anyone, and I do not wish for anyone to control me. I think power is knowing that you can still live and do as you please without needing to have direct control on anything in the external world.

What have you had long conversations about? What are your interests? Why?
    I've had many long philosophical conversations. I enjoy questioning why to everything and am far less interested with discussing realities of the shitty world we live in. I have always been involved in art (painting, drawing, etc.) I've been doing this mainly because I was pushed as a child to do art. I was involved in many private art classes and my parents always provided me with art supplies. In that way, it sort of became my identifier.

Interested in health/medicine as a conversation topic? Are you focused on your body?
    I've always been interested in diets and various healthy-eating ideas. I was a vegan for a little bit. I am slightly focused on my body but I really am very inconsistent. I am actually a terrible eater but I wish I wasn't. I overeat pretty often and have no control over my desires with food. I ain't got no will-power for that stuff. I also barely work out..lol oops.

What do you think of daily chores?
    I'm pretty sure I don't do any besides eating, etc. I will put off doing my dishes for as long as I can. I really am always too tired to do any sort of chore. I am also bad at keeping up with routines, so if I start taking a pill that I have to take everyday, I will most likely forget or not want to take it. Daily chores such as throwing garbage out is usually not on my mind to keep up with.

Books or films you liked? Recently read/watched or otherwise. Examples welcome.
    I love American Beauty and weird dark movies similar to that.
    Kill Bill--any Tarantino movie pretty much

As for books, I really enjoy self-help books. I pretty much try to read anything in the Philosophy section of a book store.

What has made you cry? What has made you smile? Why?
    I cry over relationships, moving on with things, etc. Normal stuff. I cry over big social changes as well and when I watch movies. I cry more for other people usually or other people feeling things that I can understand. I actually cry more from movies and situations than my own issues and reality.

Where do you feel: at one with the environment/a sense of belonging?
    I feel at one with the environment when there is an extreme situation going on. I feel at one when I am at a large concert and you can feed off of the energy going on around you, and I also feel at one when there is nobody around and I can sit back and enjoy nature. I feel a sense of belonging when I can help people in a non-judgmental environment. I enjoy being able to show I care and that I am helpful to something bigger than myself. I feel more myself when I am apart of a larger cause.

What have people seen as your weaknesses? What do you dislike about yourself?
    I am overly sensitive. I take a lot personally and it’s annoying because I can stay rational until a certain point and then once I care it’s like booom everything is serious and everything is a way to offend me. I also dislike that I enjoy making things very heavy, I think it’s burdensome to a lot of people because most people don’t enjoy talking about the things I do. I also focus very little in the quality of work and usually am in such a rush to get something done that it ends up looking half-assed; mostly because I care less about the physical product and more about the concept or idea.

In most cases I feel pretty useless because I’m usually in some way, shape, or form screwing something up. People don’t really take me seriously because I come across as quirky or zany no matter what I do.

What have people seen as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?

I am a good listener and like to sit back and help people. I like that I quickly understand and size up people/situations and have a great ability to intuit what people’s true motives are. I easily understand most things when I focus on what’s happening. I am a deeply caring individual and am able to love in a very selfless way. I also have a very active imagination and love daydreaming, imagining scenarios and relationships.

In what areas of your life would you like help?
    I would like someone to simplify and rationalize situations. I let my emotions give me a brain overload a lot of the time. I also want someone to keep me informed with current events because I SUCK with keeping up. In addition, I also get really nervous about performing details. I like when people help me with my own confidence of the physical world and don’t criticize me for being absolutely terrible with noticing things and being able to act in the moment.

Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it.
    It is actually very specific, I immediately start obsessively cleaning. All of the things that I put off for days I start to deal with as a way of breaking free from the rut. I take a shower and usually make food a ton of food. I clean and organize. I do dishes.

What qualities do you most like and dislike in other people? What types do you get along with?

I like people that are confident in subtle ways. However, I hate arrogance. I think that most people need to get over themselves. If someone is truly confident they don’t need to talk about it and show off, or prove dominance. I really enjoy and appreciate a person that doesn’t need to prove themselves. So, I dislike people that brag.. I see it as pathetic. I have an immediate reaction of disgust to those that so obviously need to provide reasons as to why they are somehow interesting or special. I like those with a uniqueness about them and a strong sense of self. My best friend is an ISTP (these are all MBTI). I am close with an ISFJ, INTP, ENTP and an INFJ. I really enjoy ENFPs as well, but have limited patience for INFPs/INTJs/ENTJs/.

How do you feel about romance/sex? What qualities do you want in a partner?
    I think both are important and needed to sustain a good life. Good sides of both can be life changing. I want a partner to take dominance but not in a threatening way, in a more subtle way. I want a partner that gives me more confidence. I want them to believe in me and to motivate me to do stuff without being too pushy. I need a partner that listens and asks about me, because I will say very little without being asked.

If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what measures would you take, and why?
    My main concerns would be if I can give myself to another human enough to sacrifice all of my hopes/dreams. I do eventually want kids but often wonder when I’ll ever be satisfied with life enough to be ready to give my life to someone other than myself. I would also be bad at taking care of the small things for them, I feel like I’d be inadequate about meeting their needs. I would probably get a nanny to deal with feeding them so I can still do all of my hobbies, but I would still want a huge part in their growth as a baby.

A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward and outward reaction?
    It depends on the belief. I actually would most likely get disappointed and act as such. I am unfortunately very judgy of people that don’t use at least a bit of logic to make decisions.

Describe your relationship to society. How do you see people as a whole? What do you consider a prevalent social problem? Name one.
    I am very often a black sheep. I am most comfortable this way. I like being behind the scenes and am not the one to be the center of attention, I do whatever I can to take the attention away from me. I push almost anyone who could care about me away unless I know for SURE I can trust them, usually through a series of tests. I want to be around people because I feel useful and happy around them but am afraid of them judging/hurting me.

How do you choose your friends and how do you behave around them?
    I choose my friends based on who is willing to put in the effort and stick around. This is because I am a very hard friend to have and am big on self-pity so I push people away periodically. I like people that are positive and don’t criticize what I do. I dislike when people ask me to justify my actions. I’d rather they respect that I made them and try to help me deal with them from there.

How do you behave around strangers?
    I’m very shy and slow to warm up. If I sense that the person is outgoing and they seek me out, I open up pretty quickly. I am generally shy though and am apprehensive to initiate anything. I watch and see their actions, if I feel that they are kind and safe to talk to, I will be very outgoing..especially if I sense that they are shy as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really appreciate all of this feedback!! Yeah I've considered ENFp for awhiiiiiiiile. I'm confused though because I find a lot of Fi users frustrating because they will tell a lot of things to people without needing the affirmation that the other person is listening or caring but I NEEED that. I can't talk to a brick wall.

also I think I may have been a bit angry while writing it. lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any tips on how to tell apart an Se dom to an Ne dom?? I've considered SEE as well. I think it would make a lot of sense bc Se helps me sometimes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I suppose I should also add that I was raised by an INFp mother, and ENFj dad, and I have an ENTj sister

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

IxE-Ne

That ENTp typing wasn't so bad.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

IxE for sure. Probably IEE.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

You use a lot of force and resistance. All actions and decisions must be controlled by you. I would say you have base Se probably SEE
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm definitely either an IEE with a reaaaally strong Se role or an SEE. But I feel like SEEs can be dicks and I have a hard time standing up for myself. lol
    Whoooo knows. I'm very much the comic relief to my friends and get closer to people by being kooky, so if that's an SEE thing then yeees.
    Wow you guys rock literally thank u

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lazyandhazy View Post
    I'm definitely either an IEE with a reaaaally strong Se role or an SEE. But I feel like SEEs can be dicks and I have a hard time standing up for myself. lol
    Whoooo knows. I'm very much the comic relief to my friends and get closer to people by being kooky, so if that's an SEE thing then yeees.
    Wow you guys rock literally thank u
    I definitely don't think SEEs are inclined to be dicks. They are often times very political types so, in a sense, kind of the exact opposite. They can be very snobby in that they have quick cutting remarks but I've generally seen it more as a reactive emotional thing than something I'd attribute to their character. I don't really know about the whole standing up for yourself thing. Most of the female SEEs I know are somewhat afraid to rock the boat. I'd say it's not consistent from person to person.

Both IEEs and SEEs can be the comic relief of their friend groups. I'd say it's a little more frequent with SEEs because, well, I think they have a more natural confidence than IEEs who can sometimes have a more restrained nature. I'd also say the humor is a little different. It all depends really.

EDIT: just as a note, this isn't an endorsement of you as SEE. I just saw somethings that didn't jibe with my experience.
    Last edited by Contra; 02-13-2016 at 02:23 PM.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Do you have any sort of spiritual/religious beliefs, and why do you hold (or don't) those beliefs in the first place?
    I'm very interested in spirituality but use it is as more of a learning tool than something I take too seriously. For instance, I really enjoy learning about the intricacies of astrology and have spent years reading about it. I'm still not willing to commit to any sort of spirituality and call it apart of me, though. I think it's a more "what fun story will I read today?" kind of mentality. In the same respect, I've been getting into Buddhism as well but despite meditating, I would not say I commit to it either.

Opinion on war and militaries? What is power to you?
    I just associate war with money and therefore I find it useless. It has always happened and will always continue to happen, but I think we have evolved into humans for a reason. I believe there is a better way of fighting than go to a physical war and going back to being a primate. Power is accepting that there is little control in the world and still being okay with it. I do not wish to control anyone, and I do not wish for anyone to control me. I think power is knowing that you can still live and do as you please without needing to have direct control on anything in the external world.

What have you had long conversations about? What are your interests? Why?
    I've had many long philosophical conversations. I enjoy questioning why to everything and am far less interested with discussing realities of the shitty world we live in. I have always been involved in art (painting, drawing, etc.) I've been doing this mainly because I was pushed as a child to do art. I was involved in many private art classes and my parents always provided me with art supplies. In that way, it sort of became my identifier.

Books or films you liked? Recently read/watched or otherwise. Examples welcome.
    I love American Beauty and weird dark movies similar to that.
    Kill Bill--any Tarantino movie pretty much

As for books, I really enjoy self-help books. I pretty much try to read anything in the Philosophy section of a book store.

What has made you cry? What has made you smile? Why?
    I cry over relationships, moving on with things, etc. Normal stuff. I cry over big social changes as well and when I watch movies. I cry more for other people usually or other people feeling things that I can understand. I actually cry more from movies and situations than my own issues and reality.

What have people seen as your weaknesses? What do you dislike about yourself?
    I am overly sensitive. I take a lot personally and it’s annoying because I can stay rational until a certain point and then once I care it’s like booom everything is serious and everything is a way to offend me. I also dislike that I enjoy making things very heavy, I think it’s burdensome to a lot of people because most people don’t enjoy talking about the things I do. I also focus very little in the quality of work and usually am in such a rush to get something done that it ends up looking half-assed; mostly because I care less about the physical product and more about the concept or idea.

In most cases I feel pretty useless because I’m usually in some way, shape, or form screwing something up. People don’t really take me seriously because I come across as quirky or zany no matter what I do.
    What have people seen as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?

I am a good listener and like to sit back and help people. I like that I quickly understand and size up people/situations and have a great ability to intuit what people’s true motives are. I easily understand most things when I focus on what’s happening. I am a deeply caring individual and am able to love in a very selfless way. I also have a very active imagination and love daydreaming, imagining scenarios and relationships.

In what areas of your life would you like help?
    I would like someone to simplify and rationalize situations. I let my emotions give me a brain overload a lot of the time. I also want someone to keep me informed with current events because I SUCK with keeping up. In addition, I also get really nervous about performing details. I like when people help me with my own confidence of the physical world and don’t criticize me for being absolutely terrible with noticing things and being able to act in the moment.

How do you feel about romance/sex? What qualities do you want in a partner?
    I think both are important and needed to sustain a good life. Good sides of both can be life changing. I want a partner to take dominance but not in a threatening way, in a more subtle way. I want a partner that gives me more confidence. I want them to believe in me and to motivate me to do stuff without being too pushy. I need a partner that listens and asks about me, because I will say very little without being asked.

If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what measures would you take, and why?
    My main concerns would be if I can give myself to another human enough to sacrifice all of my hopes/dreams. I do eventually want kids but often wonder when I’ll ever be satisfied with life enough to be ready to give my life to someone other than myself. I would also be bad at taking care of the small things for them, I feel like I’d be inadequate about meeting their needs. I would probably get a nanny to deal with feeding them so I can still do all of my hobbies, but I would still want a huge part in their growth as a baby.

How the hell is this Se leading??!! IEE.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lazyandhazy View Post
    I'm definitely either an IEE
    Without video it's easily to mistake about your type. While to be sure in own type it needs to check IR.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darya View Post
    I think power is knowing that you can still live and do as you please without needing to have direct control on anything in the external world.

I also focus very little in the quality of work and usually am in such a rush to get something done that it ends up looking half-assed; mostly because I care less about the physical product and more about the concept or idea.

How the hell is this Se leading??!! IEE.
    Yeah. These quotes I kept here are absolutely proof against Se leading or any kind of S type for the most part (first one can be just Se devaluing though).

Beyond being an N type, NF makes sense because OP also wants someone to "simplify and rationalize situations". With Se devaluing and a lot of Ne "buzzwords" IEE is quite likely, yep.

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    Without video it's easily to mistake about your type. While to be sure in own type it needs to check IR.
    I don't find video typing any more reliable, at all.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Aw you're a lot like me! I think you are either IEI-Fe or EIE-Fe. Possibly also IEE.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

btw the stuff in bold is things I relate to.

-I hate when people tell me what to do. I immediately resist and it comes out as an authority complex I think, but I just really don't like when people order me around. It makes me want to do the opposite of what I was told to do. I'm very, very stubborn.
    -I enjoy change and need to switch things up once in awhile. If I'm stagnant I will start to feel stuck and sad. I very easily extricate myself from things and actually have an issue sticking with something.
    -I refuse people's help very often. I don't like to admit that I need help and prefer to solve issues on my own. Interestingly enough, people help me anyway. Friends are always helping me by cooking for me and feeding me, etc. It's annoying and I sound like a brat but I really don't ask for it and it makes me feel incompetent.
    -I'm very often in a battle between what people want from me and what I want to do for myself. I very often do what others want me to do because I want to be liked and respected.
    -I enjoy relaxing in the moment and to feel myself in the environment. Listening to music in a crowded street especially helps me with this.
    -I play victim. A lot. (we're not victims they are just assholes hehe)
    -I have no patience for critical assholes. I don't judge my friends and I ask them to not judge me. In this way I constantly wish to feel free around people but I rarely do because I always feel slightly judged.

-I often feel as though everyone is demanding something of me and I give everything away, only to have no insides left to survive.
    -I loooooooove privacy and when people try to get in my space best believe they get my stubbornness.
    -I usually play the role within friendships as the listener and the cheerleader.
    I enjoy helping people with career advice and things for their future.

TIM
    Eii
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@BulletsAndDoves wow, I literally relate to all of that

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    btw the stuff in bold is things I relate to.

-I play victim. A lot. (we're not victims they are just assholes hehe)

-I usually play the role within friendships as the listener and the cheerleader.
    I enjoy helping people with career advice and things for their future.

I think the bottom line is I'm very motivated to understand myself. I would say a lot of that relates to NF values, but I think that I have a very strong extroverted first function no matter what. I've realized that I definitely lead with Ne because although I suck at using Se I don't think it is my inferior function as much as Si. I am far less static than an inferior Se type and am very much always changing my life situations, despite me feeling like I don't "live my life to the fullest".

I am really appreciative of everyone's answers!!!
    I would add a video but I'm super duper lazy lol

I'm concluding that I'm an IEE, it really explains all of my traits and life issues. Plus, I am similar but also very different from my INFp mommy. I am muuuch more positive than her and I tend to be the one to bring her out of her shell and take things less seriously. I am definitely Ne-ish and like to make jokes/inspire others to live up to their potential. I do this without thinking.
    Thanks y'all !!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wait... Ok I hate to be annoying for bringing this back, but I'm just extremely doubtful.
    I've been watching EJArendee's videos for a long time and I am always attracted to people like him (ESTp-ish).
    Also, ENFps ask for help a lot. I don't ask for help ever.
    I definitely have Se in my stack because I use it and I'm rather intense bc of it.
    Could it be that I'm an IEI ?!?!
    I'm very, very uncertain. I watch a lot of Anne Dresden's youtube videos btw. I've also been thinking there may be something with the fact that INFjs just really bother me. lol
    I want certainty so badly.
    I think I have Fe and not Fi because I like to exchange my feelings and I have a constant issue living solely for myself and not thinking about others.
    I don't know anymore
    I'm so not objective about this Beta or not Beta?? I don't lead with Fe that is for sure, though.