Results 1 to 27 of 27

Thread: Autism / Asperger's Quiz

  1. #1
    what is essential is invisible to the eye fox's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Space
    TIM
    Seer
    Posts
    12,804
    Mentioned
    367 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

    Default Autism / Asperger's Quiz

    http://psychcentral.com/quizzes/autism.htm


    Relatively quick quiz. I got a 21.
    Quote Originally Posted by jxrtes View Post
    betas should be kept in zoos for children to stare and throw pop corn at.

  2. #2
    The Iniquitous inumbra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    TIM
    954
    Posts
    5,989
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    23

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    West Coast
    TIM
    EIE-Ni 478 sx/sp
    Posts
    230
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    If you scored...
    Then...
    34 & up
    30 - 33
    0 - 29
    Autism likely
    Possible autism
    No autism



    My score: 14

  4. #4
    Creepy-bg

    Default

    26 ( i wanna try it when i'm not tired, i think i may have skewed it because of that + kinda wanting to see myself as aspie/autistic at the moment )

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    TIM
    f a g g o t
    Posts
    387
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    30

  6. #6
    Haikus Persephone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The country of croissants
    Posts
    1,841
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

    Default

    22

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    2,230
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    11

    How are you people getting these scores? Lol. I've gone around specifically looking for people who seem on the ASD scale and they still score normal lol

  8. #8
    I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Behind you
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Posts
    4,956
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)

    Default

    19

  9. #9
    jaein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    USA,Midwest
    TIM
    Eii
    Posts
    517
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    24

  10. #10
    Fembot Olimpia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    TIM
    IEI-1Ni
    Posts
    6,521
    Mentioned
    536 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

    Default

    12

    A lot of the questions that lower your score are questions pertaining to social skills and EQ, which people with autism tend to have difficulties with.

    And... I personally don't.
    4w5-9w1-5w6 So/Sx

    My typing blog [x]
    My theory blog [x]
    My tumblr blog [x]
    My film blog [x]
    Discord [x]


  11. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    2,230
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    123,123,123 * 456,456 = ?
    456,456,456 * 123,123 = ?

  12. #12
    Attis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    TIM
    6w5 614 sp/sx H-ILI
    Posts
    284
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    39

  13. #13
    what is essential is invisible to the eye fox's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Space
    TIM
    Seer
    Posts
    12,804
    Mentioned
    367 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm surprised I didn't score higher. Sometimes I actually wonder if I'm on the spectrum.
    Quote Originally Posted by jxrtes View Post
    betas should be kept in zoos for children to stare and throw pop corn at.

  14. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    2,230
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    I'm surprised I didn't score higher. Sometimes I actually wonder if I'm on the spectrum.
    Something I read said that people learn to cope with it and develop habits to minimize it's appearance by the time they're in adulthood, especially women, who have a societal expectation of being more empathetic. One test had you answer "true of me now," "true of me as a child," and "never true of me," due to such.

    One person I know, I never realized had so many of the traits, until their child reached adolescence and displayed almost all of them, and I began noticing how extremely similar they are, but with the parent being "more of an adult."

  15. #15
    darya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Posts
    2,788
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    9

  16. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    2,230
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cerelict View Post
    It always unsettled me how the only stances I've seen on the disorder are "detail-oriented technician people/it's always a benefit" and "rot in hell, social retardation is the impardonable sin." No middle ground ever. And while the former stance is pretty clearly based on myth, I'd like to know how this myth originated -- what was the point of spreading it? To preserve the egos of society's most economically useless demographic?

    As a sidenote, problems with "empathy" are less a matter of coldness, more a matter of being too stupid to consider anyone else's motivations, at least from what I've experienced.

    I'm pretty clearly ranting into the clouds but this subject is still keeping itself alive in this subforum somehow, so what the hell.
    Well, at least it's a real subject of value

    So, you consider it to be lack of understanding of relationships affecting them in the future? The person I know tends to do stuff regarding people on such a direct and immediate level that they lose sight of the fact that they are royally screwing themselves in the very near future. Also seems to lack awareness of the fact that their desires are more dependent upon others worldviews than their own. Been in a custody battle for 8 years that could have been easily solved by minor life changes, yet will sit and argue about how their own worldview of situations is right and means nothing negative, but fails to realize that most of society is in disagreement and judge doesn't care about their worldview and stances. Seems extremely easily emotionally manipulated (as in Fe'ing in their face makes them do whatever, and if it doesn't, just Fe more) and prone to be in abusive situations due to lack of awareness of the situation compared to society. Any thoughts?

  17. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    2,230
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sparkl View Post
    I disagree.

    I knew an autistic person who was a nice person and well meaning. He failed at recognizing emotional cues in others and a general lack of awareness of social intricacies and ability to relax, plus a huge amount of internal tension which he was always trying to contain in order not to blow. He would attempt to emulate me in how I conducted myself socially. He was a good person, and he was easy to want to support because of this. He would work an extra approximately 4 hours a day to get things 'right' to the point of autism, which he had and received social skills training for, because he has a good dad who did everything he could to support him.

    What you are describing sounds like something else.
    I didn't say the person wasn't good and well-meaning, rather that they seem oblivious unless they're directly told "this is bad," "people don't like this," "this other person's feelings are X."

  18. #18
    Muddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    1,222
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    19

  19. #19
    Landlord of the Dog and Duck Subteigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    EII-Ne Sp/So
    Posts
    14,936
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    28
    EII-Ne
    5w4 or 1w9 Sp/So

  20. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    TIM
    f a g g o t
    Posts
    387
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy8419 View Post
    Well, at least it's a real subject of value

    So, you consider it to be lack of understanding of relationships affecting them in the future? The person I know tends to do stuff regarding people on such a direct and immediate level that they lose sight of the fact that they are royally screwing themselves in the very near future.
    The latter causing the former. That's at least how it's been in my case -- a constricted, stimulus-response view of reality where nuances and politics don't exist. I strain to think why I'm always typed as an -base. Unless ILE's just forum codeword for autist.

    The root of my trouble seems to be a failure of parallel processing: if I'm fully in the zone and aware of my surroundings, all my restraint and decency disappear; when I'm behaving myself, I might miss something happening right in front of me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy8419
    Also seems to lack awareness of the fact that their desires are more dependent upon others worldviews than their own. Been in a custody battle for 8 years that could have been easily solved by minor life changes, yet will sit and argue about how their own worldview of situations is right and means nothing negative, but fails to realize that most of society is in disagreement and judge doesn't care about their worldview and stances. Seems extremely easily emotionally manipulated (as in Fe'ing in their face makes them do whatever, and if it doesn't, just Fe more) and prone to be in abusive situations due to lack of awareness of the situation compared to society. Any thoughts?
    I only became concerned with "changing" when I got so much similar treatment that it forced me out of my mental "track" of delusions. I don't know if you can make him care without seeing very tangible consequences right in front of him.

  21. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    2,230
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cerelict View Post
    The latter causing the former. That's at least how it's been in my case -- a constricted, stimulus-response view of reality where nuances and politics don't exist. I strain to think why I'm always typed as an -base. Unless ILE's just forum codeword for autist.

    The root of my trouble seems to be a failure of parallel processing: if I'm fully in the zone and aware of my surroundings, all my restraint and decency disappear; when I'm behaving myself, I might miss something happening right in front of me.

    I only became concerned with "changing" when I got so much similar treatment that it forced me out of my mental "track" of delusions. I don't know if you can make him care without seeing very tangible consequences right in front of him.
    Does what I describe seem congruent with the disability, though?

    Yeah, I dunno why Ne base , either. In Socionics terms, I basically described idiosyncratic (1D) Fi and Ni. Although, it seems like a lot of people are so negatively affected, that they can't even recognize that such is the case.

    I don't feel the need to "fix it," if that is who they are. I'd just be concerned with adequately being a liaison between my understanding of them and the outer world at large. Seems more like someone I should protect and watch out for, so other's don't molest/pervert (not sexually) them into something they weren't meant to be.

  22. #22
    what is essential is invisible to the eye fox's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Space
    TIM
    Seer
    Posts
    12,804
    Mentioned
    367 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy8419 View Post
    Something I read said that people learn to cope with it and develop habits to minimize it's appearance by the time they're in adulthood, especially women, who have a societal expectation of being more empathetic. One test had you answer "true of me now," "true of me as a child," and "never true of me," due to such.

    One person I know, I never realized had so many of the traits, until their child reached adolescence and displayed almost all of them, and I began noticing how extremely similar they are, but with the parent being "more of an adult."
    I was professionally tested as a kid and I didn't have it.

    Btw, I believe empathy is something that is learned regardless, as most kids are selfish. People with autism have the ability to feel empathy, yet they don't exactly have the skills to always see it. I know some people on the autism spectrum who have some of the kindest hearts I know. Temple Grandin had the ability to empathize with animals as she felt that her mindset was very similar. Thanks to her we now have more ethical systems of slaughtering livestock without causing the animal much distress.
    Last edited by fox; 02-08-2016 at 01:42 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jxrtes View Post
    betas should be kept in zoos for children to stare and throw pop corn at.

  23. #23
    killer wolf lemontrees's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    emotionz
    TIM
    SEI
    Posts
    1,114
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    17

    I've felt like I exhibit autistic-like social traits but am not autistic at the root.

  24. #24
    ragnar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    TIM
    ILI
    Posts
    635
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    I scored 29.
    Greetings, ragnar
    ILI knowledge-seeker

  25. #25
    lump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    TIM
    Fi/Te 641 sp/sx
    Posts
    12,606
    Mentioned
    631 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    18

  26. #26
    End's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Posts
    536
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Huzzah! I got a score of 30, which makes me, apparently, an Aspie. Kinda fits in the end, as an ILI would essentially qualify by definition. The lead function would be served by the creative. An inhuman focus on a future goal that may or may not be totally realistic yet they loudly and proudly don't give a single fuck about that. You never know until you try after all, so why the hell not go all in and try for the happiest ending .

  27. #27

    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Posts
    3,394
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

    Default

    25

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •