Thread: "Childlike" guy annoying an "Aggressor" woman

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default "Childlike" guy annoying an "Aggressor" woman

This guy dances/goofs off like I do, anyway, so I've decided he's an infantile :-D She doesn't have to be an aggessor. Who knows? (She reacts, tbh, not so differently than my SLI husband usually does.)

Anyway, enjoy
    "In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is." - Yogi Berra

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is great.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

Banned
    TIM
    f a g g o t
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

m'lady

TIM
    SEE! Type 7
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ugh.

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Guy reminds me of a IEI guy I know but the girl seems EIE.

TIM
    Eii
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love this

TIM
    ESI - Se Type 6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That day when the LSI realizes their coworker's an idiot...

TIM
    SEE! Type 7
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    The girl just seems like she has a stick logged up her butt.
    And he seems like someone put stupid pills in his coffee that morning. I give ONE courtesy giggle. ONE. After that you need to stfu with all the dancing and crap...I'm tryin to be a newscaster and shit
    I'm just an effin ray of sunshine

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reminds me of pretty much an exact interaction I've had with an ESE guy. He was doing this ridiculous dance, not too different from the guy in the video, and I was sitting there pretty much just like the woman. He was not happy that I wouldn't join in. I would say Fe valuing extravert for the guy. Fe devaluing for the woman- and I'd say more likely Gamma. I think Deltas feed into that behavior a little bit more, especially IEEs. I don't think she is Beta ST because in my experience they don't seem to mind that stuff and they might even join in. She seemed LIE to me, but she could be something else.
    Last edited by Contra; 02-04-2016 at 01:43 AM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guy is super-id Fe that doesn't realize he looks like a jackass

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

They look ESE and LIE to me. Don't think he's infantile type at all. Many types act goofy from time to time, doesn't mean they're actual infantiles.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's ESI and she's SEI ... blah blah blah ... quasi-identicals ... blah blah blah ... aggressor and caretaker ... blah blah blah. XSFx are very relationship-oriented, which makes them lame, wussy pansies.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I could be either of them in different situations.
    (with cameras on me, though, the female.)

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Infantiles and strong Fe users aren't so transparent in the fact that they are trying very hard to be funny. That's an SLE trying to be funny and be the one to make everyone laugh and failing at it. Girl starts to laugh not because he is funny, but because he's pathetic in his attempts.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLE would join in, LSI would laugh until he stopped doing it.

TIM
    ile
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

grimy savage that's what we are

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I agree with @Jeremy8419 that the guy is acting through Fe mobilizing. Not really sure about the girl, all I can say is that she probably values Se.

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Muddytextures View Post
    I agree with @Jeremy8419 that the guy is acting through Fe mobilizing. Not really sure about the girl, all I can say is that she probably values Se.
    I know like 4 guys well that self-type ESTP and fit SLE criteria. Often they do weird junk like dancing by themselves in front of people, making "funny" videos like this, etc. They look retarded to me, and I'm usually surprised when someone thinks they're funny or cool lol.

TIM
    IEI 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hate infantile-y guys or at least guys who act stereotypically infantile (there are most likely guys who would theoretically be 'infantile' in socionics that don't act this way), but yeah. It's instinctually repulsive to me when guys act all whipped or let themselves be emasculated by women...like my attraction to a guy like that is nonexistent. I like to be treated nicely, paid for and to have my opinions agreed with and whatever else but there's a difference between that and letting your gf boss you around like grow some balls...lol. Just ewwww..This is the kind of guys I'd attract if I took an 'aggressor' role though. :/ Which sucks bc sometimes I want to approach first

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I don't think there is any strong evidence for any particular type, but the woman's reaction reminds me of my stubborn resistance as someone tries to drag me onto the dance floor.
    Important to note! People who share "indentical" socionics TIMs won't necessarily appear to be very similar, since they have have different backgrounds, experiences, capabilities, genetics, as well as different types in other typological systems (enneagram, instinctual variants, etc.) all of which also have a sway on compatibility and identification. Thus, Socionics type "identicals" won't necessarily be identical i.e. highly similar to each other, and not all people of "dual" types will seem interesting, attractive and appealing to each other.

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

fwiw i think he's a dick.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

He seems very confident and not shy and reserved. He's an extravert most likely LSE
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    Eii
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dont get how him dancing on camera makes him a dick lol. Or how he looks like a jackass. You guys sound like you have sticks up your asses.

@summerprincess, this reminds me of my experience listening to an ESE lady expressing her dismay towards victim men. something along the lines of '' they are so whiny and self-victimizing, they better grow some balls''. what was also funny was that she said her dream was to work as a secretary at the European space agency (was a huge fan of the IT crowd series, as it turned out). then people asked her how come that's what she wanted and i said ''to be around cool people''. she was very pleased with that, jaja

it ~~could~~ be that caregivers appreciate it when people go up to them asking for help(?) instead of expressing insulated, pre-packaged, seemingly self-constructed victimhood. to be honest, i have experienced this with two IEI guys. it was like talking to a wall. they were definitely asking for an us-against-the-world, two-person fairytale, which is something @silke once captured in the shoutbox , when it comes to IEI-SLE duality

edit: at this point, i believe that one of the two guys was fi-esi
    Last edited by Kalinoche buenanoche; 04-03-2016 at 11:25 AM.

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jaein View Post
    I dont get how him dancing on camera makes him a dick lol. Or how he looks like a jackass. You guys sound like you have sticks up your asses.
    Well, you know, I don't think it's actually the dancing that bothers people. Even though I won't do it, I'd say there's actually a time and a place for it. I think it's more of the clear attention seeking behavior in a fairly inappropriate setting, and the fact that it looks like he is trying to flirt but not getting the hint. I think all of these things together would be particularly grating for men-- who are the ones who are criticizing him in this thread-- whereas I could see how victim or infantile women might not mind his behavior or see anything wrong with it. Same sexes are probably more prone to criticize each other while being more forgiving of the other anyway.

TIM
    Ni-ENTj 8w9 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The dancing makes me cringe separate from the context.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

It didn't occur to me that he was trying to flirt since he's so blatantly disregarding her reaction. I thought he was just amusing himself.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doesn´t seem too bad, he´s just unfunnily dancing by himself? Seems like the typical thing you forget after 10 secs even if you relly dislike it.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The irony here is that her career probably remains stable and unremarkable, even though she took the conservative approuch to this moment, whilst his sky rockets thanks to a 2 min YouTube video showing some personality.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He does seem like an IEE and she seems like an SLI actually.

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought the video was funny. .
    The lady finally laughed at the very end.

He seems IEE. The lady--I've no idea.

I do stuff like that around friends..

TIM
    ZGM
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I used to do shit like that all the time in high school. I remember glaring over at my SEI friend while the National Anthem was playing and, for some unknown reason, the two of us just... burst out laughing. I think it was Remembrance Day or something, and this guy who actually did have a stick lodged up his ass, some Military cadet wannabe freak, gave me the death glare from across the room and, later that day, he got all up in my face, like, "do you know how disrespectful that was?" and I just stared at him, while desperately trying to contain my laughter, and said, "sorry, sir. it won't happen again, SIR!" and I swear to god he was two seconds away from cunt-punting me. so yeah, that lady's got 0 chill. got dayum

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

The dancing guy seems like he could be IEE or ILE, while the stiff woman could be LSI or ESI IMO.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Caregiver tries to put on infantile front which is actually more of aggressive behavior than actually being infantile.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INXps are the most "childlike" in that... they're very passive and kind of clueless.

The guy seems IEE. the woman seemed SLI.
    Last edited by Singu; 03-29-2017 at 05:46 AM.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Singularity View Post
    INXps are the most "childlike" in that... they're very passive and kind of clueless.

The woman seemed SLI.
    no
    ESTj are pseudo infantile
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guy is clearly Fe mobilizing.. ILE or SLE.. good crap do people here even bother studying functions anymore?

Girl is either gamma or delta. Likely not SEE or IEE. Can't say more than that from just this video.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

She doesn't seem that 'annoyed' by it, just standoffish and str8 girl ish. She's kinda smiling at him like 'oh my god you look so ridiculous.' Which... he does?

People on the forum would see more like the guy on the left, but IRL I act much more like the girl. In fact, people often tell me how stern/too serious I am and that I should just 'smile more.' But because I'm not a sadist and I have 'nice nerdy video game loser' qualities .... I am seen more like the goofball I suppose.

I love Fe campiness but when I try to generate it myself (in ways that are not writing but reality)... I think I always fall flat. I'm a Debbie Downer.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

He takes up lot of space with his "show routine".

I can say that when I try to take care-giver's responsibilities there's a high risk to actually end up in victim position. Seriously.
    I think lot of victims look like little brats when they try to be aggressive.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like my ILI cousin flirting tbh.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast