Thread: Recognizing dual seeking? (Ti DS)

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was asked to answer this, but it's really difficult because I don't seek Ti so I don't spend so much time on it Also people may look for different things despite being Ti seeking.

If you are Ti seeking, and ESE this would be how I explain it,

Te will give you an explanation of how to use something, wheres Ti will give you an explanation of why something works.

Take for instance a clock, a Te will be inclined to give you information on which button to press, how long to press it, how to access such and such a feature on such and such a model. Complicated information but you learn how to work it.

Ti will give you an overview of how the clock works, so then you have an understanding of the theory of clocks, and using that theory, you would feel happier because you could apply that theory to any clock.

Depending on your perspective, one is more complicated and one is more simple. Te being dynamic will explain to how the best course of action for a particular thing, of course situations are always in flow so that explanation can vary, but it will get you the results you desire at that particular time. Ti will give you a theory that you should be able to apply to any of that type of situation, it's static. Of course the latter may seem simpler, and it can be reassuring to Ti seeking types, but the thing is things are always changing so the application of the theory may not always be satisfactory, so you look to have this refined and refined, Ti.

Same thing with any given situation. That's the best I can do.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by metaphoriac View Post
    One thing is that I don't want other people to explain things to me, I usually want to explain it to them
    By definition, that is Ti ego.

Also, general examples of other DS functions are welcome, not just Ti. How do you fail to provide for yourself in the area of your DS function?
    DS function in general is not something you can provide to yourself or to others for long. Examples, I'd like to see some from people too

hiatus
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ti-ego types generally will learn things themselves so that Ti-seeking types will ask to have things explained to them, while usually fulfilling the Fe-seeking of the Ti-ego type. It's the Ti-Fe cycle. If you naturally strive for intellectual independence you are probably not seeking Ti.

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hacim View Post
    Ti-ego types generally will learn things themselves so that Ti-seeking types will ask to have things explained to them, while usually fulfilling the Fe-seeking of the Ti-ego type. It's the Ti-Fe cycle. If you naturally strive for intellectual independence you are probably not seeking Ti.
    I am an EIE and I 100% seek answers to everything.. my curiosity on why things are the way they are/how things work knows no bounds and I'm very open to people explaining things to me. I find it extremely attractive when someone breaks something down calmly and collectedly. I also have a tendency to over-analyze everything myself.. I am thinking that could be me trying to compensate for my weak Ti... I actually appear to others (I've been told) as very thorough, analytical, etc.

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

hiatus
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettLux View Post
    I am an EIE and I 100% seek answers to everything.. my curiosity on why things are the way they are/how things work knows no bounds and I'm very open to people explaining things to me. I find it extremely attractive when someone breaks something down calmly and collectedly. I also have a tendency to over-analyze everything myself.. I am thinking that could be me trying to compensate for my weak Ti... I actually appear to others (I've been told) as very thorough, analytical, etc.
    I know an ESE who behaves similarly to you. You take on traits of your complimentary functions if you have relations with those who are naturally good at them. I apologize for not clarifying, but I meant intellectual independence as in forming conclusions yourself without the input of others.