Thread: Dog Breeds that Sense People's True Nature

TIM
    LSI-Se
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Dog Breeds that Sense People's True Nature

I want to get a new dog after my old one dies. I want one that reads people better than I can. I need to know who I can trust and who is shit right off the bat. I don't want a dog that wants belly rubs from everyone they meet. What breed picks up on people's vibes the best? I have C-PTSD from past abuse and don't want to repeat the cycle, new friends and boyfriends are going to have to meet my trained dog first before I trust them.
    LSI-Se 836 Sp/Sx

TIM
    IEE, 9w1
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting question. I think you might find that mileage may vary within breeds, and ultimately it boils down to training and your relationship with your dog. I read a recent study where a variety of dogs' brain activities were measured after given various items, whether from a stranger or from the owner. Turns out the dogs' brains activate pleasure centers when given items that belonged to their owner. However, this was not the case when given a stranger's item. I'm not sure if the study incorporated breeds.

With that said, you might try a more intimidating and yet loyal breed. I think there is a good reason that cops often work with german shepherds.
    And if God cares so wonderfully for flowers that are here today and gone tomorrow, won't he more surely care for you?- Matthew 6:30