Thread: What Type Is This?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What Type Is This?

DELETED:
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.- William Arthur Ward

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just based off of the bolded parts, I would say it's probably INTP.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    Just based off of the bolded parts, I would say it's probably INTP.
    Overall I would say: Yes, it's probably INTP. But not every detail in the description fits.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe ISTj would fit too?
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    It depends how you define J/P...
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it's conclusive that the type dominates with thinking. When I originally read the information, I assessed as Phaedrus that it was someone dominating with their thinking, specifically and subordinating with their sensing, more or less . However, I was provided an alternate perception to consider the thinking and the yearning for mystical and progressiveness as .

In particularly, statements such as
    Your unusual mental abilities combine with realism and a sound appreciation of facts and of the ways of the world. Your mind does not fly off into realms of abstract theory and philosophy, but remains firmly grounded in reality, testing each concept against life as it is. You have well-developed organizing abilities, great common sense, a careful, orderly and perhaps scientifically trained intellect, and a capacity to focus and concentrate your mental energy on obtainable goals so that you always produce results. You are a practical idealist, and are therefore powerful and effective in inaugurating new methods and procedures.
    sounds quite .

Under the "Hidden Longing For The Intangible" paragraph, and those subsequent, it discusses yearnings for possibilities and comments on protagonist (not antagonosit) qualities which sound :
    In contrast to your earthy and sensuous nature, there is another protagonist in your inner psychic drama; and this hidden side of you comprises all those qualities, which you have had to exclude from your conscious values and behavior in order to fully enjoy your day-to-day physical and emotional life. This shadow-side of you focuses its eyes not on the earth, but rather, on heaven.
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.- William Arthur Ward

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After reading it, yeah, this is clearly an IST. But, if you posted this to get perspective on J/P differences, you'll probaly be disappointed. It seems like people even on this forum can't agree on that anymore.

BTW, this description does sound like myself, and it also reminds me of my hero, Ty Cobb, if that means anything.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After reading it, yeah, this is clearly an IST. But, if you posted this to get perspective on J/P differences, you'll probaly be disappointed. It seems like people even on this forum can't agree on that anymore. BTW, this description does sound like myself, and it also reminds me of my hero, Ty Cobb, if that means anything.
    "This earns you the reputation of being broad-minded, reflective, ethical and considerate of others' points of view." Uh.... Ty Cobb?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Functianalyst
    After reading it, yeah, this is clearly an IST. But, if you posted this to get perspective on J/P differences, you'll probaly be disappointed. It seems like people even on this forum can't agree on that anymore. BTW, this description does sound like myself, and it also reminds me of my hero, Ty Cobb, if that means anything.
    "This earns you the reputation of being broad-minded, reflective, ethical and considerate of others' points of view." Uh.... Ty Cobb?

OK, not that sentence, but MOST of it. I guess nothing can be expected to fit %100.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That could be true. I have started to read on ISTj/J and know that I am not ISTJ under MBTI. I could never be an accountant or handle the desk jobs consistently. I could be ISTj since it does appear more aggressive than the ISTJ. However, ISTP seems more like me, and I have not discounted ENTj (intuitive sub-type) or ISTp (the logical sub-type).

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As for me, I'm now sure of being ESTp. The description you've posted sounds a too rational and introverted for me to relate, though.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As for me, I'm now sure of being ESTp. The description you've posted sounds a too rational and introverted for me to relate, though.
    Yeah, but I am without a doubt not as detailed as ISTJ (that's anal). What are your latest thoughts on the correlation with MBTI? I think that SLI (not LSI) and ISTP are one and the same. Do you think you maintain your ESTP-ness or consider yourself another type?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that SLI (not LSI) and ISTP are one and the same.
    I say that if you asked Sergei Ganin, he would say yes. However, there seem to be other people on this forum who believe that the agressive, MBTI-style ISTP is really more socionics LSI. They call "Beta" (or Gamma, too) what MBTI people call "SP" (for the most part). So it seems like there's hundreds of very close, but slightly differening opinions on this.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm skimming and my ESTP roomate is blaring music and singing so its kind of hard to concentrate but.....

I have to say that description sounds remarkably similar to me. I do test INTP sometimes though. When roomie gets sidetracked and moves to a different distraction, I shall look at this more closely.
    Polly
    ENTp

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I say that if you asked Sergei Ganin, he would say yes. However, there seem to be other people on this forum who believe that the agressive, MBTI-style ISTP is really more socionics LSI. They call "Beta" (or Gamma, too) what MBTI people call "SP" (for the most part). So it seems like there's hundreds of very close, but slightly differening opinions on this.
    Expat described the ISTj as: “In the case of men, the sensory subtype is more like the stiff, rigid, a bit impulsive authoritarian military officer. The logical subtype, a more balanced and calm bureaucrat-like figure.”

That’s how I would see them, and I don’t think anyone considers me to be either way. Some here couFDGgh believe that I am ENTj, and I agree that the description seems to fit.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Polly
    I have to say that description sounds remarkably similar to me. I do test INTP sometimes though. When roomie gets sidetracked and moves to a different distraction, I shall look at this more closely.
    Hi Polly, I thought you were ENTP. I see a number of people who consider themselves extraverts in one system and introverts in the other. It may be why I appear ENTj in Socionics.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Expat described the ISTj as: “In the case of men, the sensory subtype is more like the stiff, rigid, a bit impulsive authoritarian military officer. The logical subtype, a more balanced and calm bureaucrat-like figure.”
    What? He wrote THAT?

If anything, it would be the opposite. Theoretically, sensory would be more lose, open, easy-going, calm, excitment driven, etc... (I don't necessarily agree that LSIs are excitment-driven; if that were true, then they would definately be MBTI ISTPs), and the THINKING type would be more rigid and restrained.

That’s how I would see them, and I don’t think anyone considers me to be either way. Some here couFDGgh believe that I am ENTj, and I agree that the description seems to fit.
    Fabie said that when he thought he was ENTJ too; now he thinks ESTP.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Uh, nevermind actually read it, not me.

The very first part was actually bang on "The gifts of objectivity and civilized behavior "

"Objectivity struggles with the power of emotional needs " This part rang true in many ways as well but a slightly different skew of it because I think my needs differ a bit from what was described.

I couldn't really identify with the rest as described though.

INFP?
    Polly
    ENTp

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Polly
    INFP?
    No. Sensing-Thinking-Introverted.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have no clue. All I can say is, I don't know if its something I'd be attracted to on a deeper level so I might question the ISTP if the semi-duality thing is actually true. Some of it seemed very unbalanced to me.
    Polly
    ENTp

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fabie said that when he thought he was ENTJ too; now he thinks ESTP.
    No, no, I don't "think", it's definitive.

My problem: I lack introspective powers. If I read an "Internal" description, as the functional ones are, I tend to relate too easily.

The only way for me to figure it out right was to refer ONLY to the external traits.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you gloss over the description, picking out key words, then you are inclined to think introversion, sensing and thinking. However, when you read the description, as a whole, you see the bigger picture. This type in my strongest opinion describes ENTJ/j. There are words being missed like protagonist and some words that are misconstrued since most here have become accustomed to referring to them in type lingo. I think that you have to put the word feeling/emotions into context in some parts, which is clearly describing intuition. For example, I am going to change up some of the language in the first paragraph and give me your opinion:
    You possess the gift of a clear, strong and objective mind, and you are a lover of truth and integrity in all your dealings. You will always favour reason over chaos, and principles over personal reactions. (Clearly, this is thinking, however can be misconstrued as Ti, whereas it could be Te)But there is considerable conflict within you - a dilemma between your rational, detached spirit and your intense and sometimes overpowering feeling(overpowering feelings could actually be describing intuition). Another way of describing your nature might be to say that you tend to live in your head -because it seems safer, more civilised, and more "decent" - yet your heart often contradicts what your mind tells you you "ought" to feel, leaving you confused and vaguely guilty about "bad" or "selfish" reactions.(Civilized and decent seems to be descibing a comparison to the outer world, not internalizing, which would be Te. As for the battle with feelings, I interpret this to not be a battle of thinking/feeling, instead thinking/intuition. As a result, it’s the dominant Te that struggles with trusting the less dominant Ni) Although you may not be an intellectual in the conventional sense of the word, you are naturally quick and articulate, and possess an impressive capacity to assess, weigh and analyse diverse facts and ideas objectively and fairly.([b]Would this not describe Te, as opposed to conventional intellectualism which is Ti?[b]) This has probably earned you the reputation of being broad-minded, reflective, ethical and considerate of others' points of view. You are also an excellent planner and can transform chaos into order with the penetrating power of your mind. What you do not wish others to know about you, and what you often try to hide from yourself, is that your real feelings give you a completely different and much more subjective picture of life and of others -and these neglected feelings are often more genuinely perceptive than your usually reliable mind.(Not literal feelings, but again intuition. I don’t trust my intuition, because there is no empirical and tangible conclusion that it works. More importantly, I hide the fact that I consider those internal visions, yet feel uncomfortable sharing them with the outside world, for fear of appearing different).

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that you have to put the word feeling/emotions into context in some parts, which is clearly describing intuition.
    STRONGLY disagree.

Disagree to the nth degree.

Disagree so much to the extent of talking a different language.

And I never said that was Feeling!! When did I say that? Why would I say it's a Thinking type if I thought it was Feeling? What it *is* is either Pi or Ji, depending on what point of view you have. It's basically whatever one you want to call me. But I identified with that part, and I am not Feeling.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rocky.....Rocky......Rocky......I was not meaning "you" as in directing towards your thoughts, or anyone elses. I appreciate your responses and analysis. I am saying "you" as in the reader in general. Okay, you disagree with my theory, interested to know why.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The type that came to my mind was ISTp, not that everything fits.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the input everyone. After discussing this with quite a few people, reading and analyzing this, reading Jonathan's posts on E/I, considering thoughts by Expat on how someone can error in determining type, and continuing to result in a certain type. I have concluded my best fit type on both Socionics and MBTI. FDG, I will never doubt you again.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the input everyone. After discussing this with quite a few people, reading and analyzing this, reading Jonathan's posts on E/I, considering thoughts by Expat on how someone can error in determining type, and continuing to result in a certain type. I have concluded my best fit type on both Socionics and MBTI. FDG, I will never doubt you again.
    *shrugs*
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!