TIM
    Ne-INFj
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default How not to mistype and miscontrue others

deleted
    Last edited by echan; 01-22-2016 at 08:58 PM.
    I want to be ISTp.

sp/sx
    These people often have an earthy, mysterious quality to them. They are slow to commit, but once they do it is with an attitude of life commitment, to the establishment of an impermeable bond. Others can be taken aback by how suddenly and completely this type can lock into them, and by the depth of understanding of the other’s condition. They attach to others at an organic, root level, in contrast to the other subvariant’s surface formality. The sanctuary of home is of paramount concern, and this type takes particular delight in decorating their spaces to reflect their cherished sense of taste and depth. Depth and discrimination characterize this stacking.

Motivation: to live in a secure, comfortable environment where they can pursue their private interests in depth.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Hi echan nice to see you back.

I'm sorry about your experience geez that's nuts.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Oh and what you describe sounds like what @Sol would do from the way he misunderstands people
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just a week ago I got kicked out of my house because my landlady thought we were conflictors, just because someone I know said I was ENFp and she was INTj.
    your landlady sounds idiotic.

TIM
    Eii
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

youre joking right?

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I think it's a joke but there are people who might use socionics this way.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by echan View Post
    We are what and who we think we are.
    It's wrong for types. But it's possible to mistake and imagine yourself like being other type.
    Like people type wrong others, they may type wrong themselves. There are many examples when people are sure they have some type, after some time they become sure they have another type. Many are just mistyped ones, including at this forum.

Just a week ago I got kicked out of my house because my landlady thought we were conflictors, just because someone I know said I was ENFp and she was INTj.
    1st of all, because she did not like you.
    So you've gotten problems, one of their reasons was people had some knowledge. Now you want there was no this knowledge wich made you problems. And to make this happen you say "the knowledge is wrong", you may have any type and hence IR traits.

This is how serious Socionics can be.
    Any knowledge may be used for good and for bad for someone. For example, like a hammer or a car.

I am fine now but this is all because of one thing: mistyping.
    The reasons are: 1) what she felt to you by fact, 2) how she have choosen to react on the information about types, wich even could be wrong. Possible mistyping is secondary thing and doubtful as opinions about types mean not much due to low matches (as average match is <30%) and absence of objective proof for typings.
    Also you contradict to yourself, as peviously you said the problem is type is the illusion as people have any type they dream themselves.

Carl Jung was no Christian prophet.
    Yeh, Jung was just a psychologist wich said part of truth about people. Like those who invent cars are just engineers, cars wich sometimes cause death to people besides making life easier or helping to save peoples lifes.
    As for Christian prophets, - find info how much shit was done, including killing people, by the wish and approval of Church founded on what that prophets said.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    I think it's a joke but there are people who might use socionics this way.
    Of course, they use. Socionics says wich types are good and bad for relations and communications. This info may join and break.
    And as the problem of possible mistyping is great today, using of the typology have high risks. Anyway, there are much of reasons how people choose relations besides socionics, - reasons wich lead to problems in many cases too.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    Of course, they use. Socionics says wich types are good and bad for relations and communications. This info may join and break.
    And as the problem of possible mistyping is great today, using of the typology have high risks. Anyway, there are much of reasons how people choose relations besides socionics, - reasons wich lead to problems in many cases too.
    A reason to throw her out of a place to live? WTF? You must be delusional
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Echan

Tell that person he or she's an idiot and the lowest human being ever for throwing you out because of type and to go suck it up.
    -

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

If this shit is true,

It's a blessing in a disguise.. That landlord sounds like a psychotic biotch.

Hope you find somewhere cooler to live soon

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Lots doesn't add up here.

netflix and don't touch me Emmym's Avatar
    TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Sorry to hear about your situation. I think you make a good point, though. I find that Se stuff is a lot easier than me if I "pretend" I'm Se-ego when I need to. If I just say, "Well, I'm Ne-ego so I can't do Se shit" I stagnate. I'm still not Se-ego, but slowly, shit gets done.
    someday the grapes will be wine
    and someday you will be mine

EII-Ne 2w3 - 9w1 - 7w8 so/sx

hiatus
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You guys are taking this too seriously. This doesn't check out. On the off chance that this actually happened, of course that's terrible and shallow, etc.

I think her intention is to satirize the extent to which some people structure their lives by Socionics / other personality typing systems.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol how are people taking this seriously?

When I was a kid, my family dog hated me because he was an ESTJ
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I cannot believe this thread because I'm ILI and everyone knows ILI's only eat babies on Friday.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Reficulris View Post
    I cannot believe this thread because I'm ILI and everyone knows ILI's only eat babies on Friday.
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    Lol how are people taking this seriously?

When I was a kid, my family dog hated me because he was an ESTJ
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by Hacim View Post
    You guys are taking this too seriously. This doesn't check out. On the off chance that this actually happened, of course that's terrible and shallow, etc.

I think her intention is to satirize the extent to which some people structure their lives by Socionics / other personality typing systems.
    serious dichotomy? :/
    -

Banned
    TIM
    f a g g o t
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Reficulris View Post
    And Discordians must not eat hot dog buns on Friday.

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Smells like you are having irrational paranoia and mistrust towards complex theories that your Ti polr finds hard to fully comprehend, like here with socionics. INTjs are definitely not the type of people who just suddenly off people without warning just because they read some tid-bit of information that says they supposedly aren't mean't to get along with such-and-such people. INTjs are relatively accepting towards people who are different then them compared to most other types. Even if this particular INTj was some sort of bigot, I don't see why anyone would hate this badly on their supervisee, whom which poses little threat to the supervisor. Its towards one's supervisor or conflictor whom one is likely to have this sort of reaction towards, not their supervisee. As I see it there are probably 3 explanations for this story:

1. The landlady was not INTj but rather a type with horribly weak T mistyping herself as INTj and taking the theory way too far. (sounds unlikely)

2. The was a build up of past events that caused tension between you and her and this was merely used as an excuse to kick you out.

3. The story is exaggerated or is missing critical details.

To answer the title question, its just a matter of learning as much as you can about the subject matter before passing off these sorts of judgements.
    Last edited by Muddy; 01-22-2016 at 08:08 AM.

TIM
    ILE-Ti
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As always with people, decision comes first and the rationalized explanation second.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Neneth View Post
    As always with people, decision comes first and the rationalized explanation second.
    Actually, the urge or e-motion comes first, then the action/decision.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    Ne-INFj
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

deleted
    Last edited by echan; 01-22-2016 at 08:58 PM.
    I want to be ISTp.

sp/sx
    These people often have an earthy, mysterious quality to them. They are slow to commit, but once they do it is with an attitude of life commitment, to the establishment of an impermeable bond. Others can be taken aback by how suddenly and completely this type can lock into them, and by the depth of understanding of the other’s condition. They attach to others at an organic, root level, in contrast to the other subvariant’s surface formality. The sanctuary of home is of paramount concern, and this type takes particular delight in decorating their spaces to reflect their cherished sense of taste and depth. Depth and discrimination characterize this stacking.

Motivation: to live in a secure, comfortable environment where they can pursue their private interests in depth.

TIM
    Ne-INFj
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

deleted
    Last edited by echan; 01-22-2016 at 08:57 PM.
    I want to be ISTp.

sp/sx

TIM
    Ne-INFj
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

deleted
    I want to be ISTp.

sp/sx

TIM
    Ne-INFj
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

deleted
    I want to be ISTp.

sp/sx

TIM
    Ne-INFj
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

deleted
    Last edited by echan; 01-22-2016 at 08:56 PM.
    I want to be ISTp.

sp/sx

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's horrible.

I'm all alone just like my other flatmate.

We got separated by time and space.

I'm going through shock.

Extreme shock.

T_T
    Can ya'll get another place together? Share an apt or such?
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    Ne-INFj
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

deleted
    I want to be ISTp.

sp/sx

TIM
    Ne-INFj
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

deleted
    I want to be ISTp.

sp/sx

TIM
    Ne-INFj
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

deleted
    Last edited by echan; 01-22-2016 at 08:53 PM.
    I want to be ISTp.

sp/sx

TIM
    Ne-INFj
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

deleted
    Last edited by echan; 01-22-2016 at 08:53 PM.
    I want to be ISTp.

sp/sx

TIM
    Ne-INFj
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

deleted
    Last edited by echan; 01-22-2016 at 08:52 PM.
    I want to be ISTp.

sp/sx

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

So where are you staying now since you've gotten kicked out??

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@echan I didn't get a chance to read your quotes before you deleted them but I assume whatever you said wasn't pretty. I realize I might of put my Ti a little bit on the offensive in my previous response and I apologize if I rubbed you the wrong way. I can't help but retaliate when people, in my eyes, close-mindedly reject something instead of delving deeper and learning what it is really all about. If you were cool with what I said earlier then disregard this comment.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Echan you didn't have to delete these posts. They were entertaining.
    -

TIM
    Ne-INFj
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Muddytextures View Post
    @echan I didn't get a chance to read your quotes before you deleted them but I assume whatever you said wasn't pretty. I realize I might of put my Ti a little bit on the offensive in my previous response and I apologize if I rubbed you the wrong way. I can't help but retaliate when people, in my eyes, close-mindedly reject something instead of delving deeper and learning what it is really all about. If you were cool with what I said earlier then disregard this comment.
    Actually I didn't get offended by your post at all.

I didn't even know what i was saying actually.

You are right I should delve deeper into it.

I am just not sure how.

Anyway what I said was insulting so I need to change my type back to INFp.
    One thing I will stick to.

You are what you think you are.

I thought i was INFp before and just turned into a relaxed INFp. it showed in my pretty photos (INFps tend to be much prettier actually)

Now my facial expressions are all wrong because i am so INFj.

I hate being INFj all the time actually.

I am too scared of taking chances, of going on adventures.

I criticize people in my mind all the time and judge them for their habits

Being Ij just sucks.

I'm going back to being INFp, period.
    I want to be ISTp.

sp/sx

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Actually I didn't get offended by your post at all.

I didn't even know what i was saying actually.

You are right I should delve deeper into it.

I am just not sure how.

Anyway what I said was insulting so I need to change my type back to INFp.
    One thing I will stick to.

You are what you think you are.

I thought i was INFp before and just turned into a relaxed INFp. it showed in my pretty photos (INFps tend to be much prettier actually)

Now my facial expressions are all wrong because i am so INFj.

I hate being INFj all the time actually.

I am too scared of taking chances, of going on adventures.

I criticize people in my mind all the time and judge them for their habits

Being Ij just sucks.

I'm going back to being INFp, period.
    Cool beans. But I do still think you ENFp, or perhaps ESFp. One of the tell tale signs of the of an EXFp is this sort of skepticism and wariness towards abstract theory.
    Last edited by Muddy; 01-25-2016 at 10:54 PM.

TIM
    Ne-INFj
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Muddytextures View Post
    Cool beans. But I do still think you ENFp, or perhaps ESFp. One of the tell tale signs of the of an EXFp is this sort of skepticism and wariness towards abstract theory.
    Yeah I am actually ESFp.

Gave it some thought.

You are quite right about the skepticisim towards abstract theory actually.

Socionics is a useful and quite valid theory I know this by instinct however I do get skeptical of it for no reason sometimes. Sometimes I overtype people and this just stresses me out. i hate typing and categorizing things all the time to be honest.

Hope this helps.

Anyway I am tired of going out shopping until I drop all the time and need someone to keep me inside at home >_<

I am in love with my benefactor the ESTj :3

Cheers
    I want to be ISTp.

sp/sx

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Yeah I am actually ESFp.
    That would make sense then. I often find myself confused by SEEs sometimes, which may be a feature of super-ego relations. (super-ego pairs have a particularly hard time understanding one another) Thankfully I can use socionics to know this kind stuff when it happens and allow for smoother interaction with people of other types. I promise you there is nothing to fear from things like socionics/enneagram, aside from the hoard of LIIs that tend gravitate towards such theories. LIIs aren't the type to constantly to harass and provoke others for kicks so just ignore them and I think you will be fine.

Anyway cheers to you also for braving your Ti polr/Ne role in order to learn more things that my benefit you in the future. Socionics is a Ti + Ne system so it is understandable that a person of your type might be a bit skeptical of it and theories like it.
    Last edited by Muddy; 01-26-2016 at 04:46 AM.