Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crazedrat1776 View Post
    The round earth model explains the existence of the eclipse and the many details of it, the flat earth model does not.
    It explains the gradual sunset, the flat earth model does not.
    It does not violate the physics of direction, such as with a plane flying in a straight line, the flat earth model does... infact you can actually SEE the curvature of the horizon when you are in a plane - I have seen it.
    It explains that a ship does absolutely dip below the horizon, the flat earth model does not... infact you can clearly see the sun cut off at the horizon every single day, it's called a sunset.
    It is consistent with the laws of refraction, the flat earth model is not. The flat earth model just simply refuses to acknowledge the laws of refraction and gets emotional about it when pressed.
    It explains why we see different constellations at different times of year, and why the north star and constellations near the north & south pole rotate around a fixed location while constellations near the equator do not remain fixed; the flat earth doesn't...
    It explains why we can see alot farther from higher places, the flat earth model does not.
    The round earth is the same shape as other planets - which are round, the flat earth model isn't. For example you can actually see the moons orbiting around Jupiter with a telescope.
    It explains the existence of time zones and the fact that the sun is in the sky, in each distinct time zone, one after the other... the sun rises and sets in each time zone, one after the other... When the sun is rising in one time zone, it's setting in another.
    It is consistent with our understanding of gravity, the flat earth model isn't.
    It is supported by MANY IMAGES FROM SPACE, that are NOT CONSPIRACIES. The flat earth model isn't. This is a real picture, not a CGI picture: https://www.flickr.com/photos/nasaco...n/photostream/
    It does not rely on a massive conspiracy that has absolutely no point at all, is actually logistically impossible to maintain, and which no one would ever see any reason to participate in. The flat earth model does...
    It explains why you can actually see a curved shadow on the moon during an eclipse, the flat earth model doesn't.
    It explains why the sun goes down then up again!
    Yes the spherical round earth model explains those things, but the the flat round earth model explains them too - differently. And in ways that match actual scientific observation.
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    In this theory, what was the initial motivation to create the deception? What do the elite have to gain by falsely convincing people the earth is round? People thought the earth was round going back a very long time -- at some point the "elite" would have discovered that the earth was flat and begun to cover it up. When was that point? Were the initial observations made in good faith and only later shown to be false? Or were there secret observations so that it was a deception right from the start?

Maybe these questions have been addressed earlier, I haven't read the whole thread. But it seems to me with almost every other conspiracy theory there is a legitimate motivation for the government or whoever to actually deceive people in the first place.
    I don't spend a whole lot of time lot of time on why, myself... because contemplating the decptions of the elite richest and powerful is not very edifying, (or the deceptions of any deceivers). I guess I do not expect that the average rich and powerful person is overly concerned about the regular people and about being honest, open, up front and fair with them... Though, along that topic, the interview below got me thinking early on and is a big part of what made me want to know more about this theory. It is really, really interesting:

But now it's the theory that is interesting to me, and how it explains actual scientific observations, like:
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Selections of what is really interesting about flat earth theory:

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crazedrat1776 View Post
    ...After floating around for 14 minutes, and swallowing a bubble of water that is floating in midair, she looks outside @ 14:10 and no, it isn't CGI. You can see everything.
    [re: the blond] Her hair is naturally beautiful but she sure keeps it nice up there in that little space station! (She must have brought her hair products with her, and blow dryer for professional blowouts, by her space hairdresser!).

NASA is all about fake.

FAKE!

Newerfake!

NASA: The big fakers. Why????
    Last edited by Eliza Thomason; 11-16-2017 at 03:08 AM.

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Banned
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eliza Thomason View Post
    Yes the spherical round earth model explains those things, but the the flat round earth model explains them too - differently. And in ways that match actual scientific observation.
    No, it doesn't. I don't have any more patience for your little games, Eliza. I find your attitude pretentious and intellectually dishonest.
    If you can't show others the respect to engage in honest intellectual communication than you don't deserve to be conversed with.
    You are a liar and an embarrassment to your faith.
    I asked you to take an IQ test - why didn't you take it? I want to know what you score. Go take it

EDIT:
    God doesn't like liars, Eliza.
    You are either impossibly stupid (which I don't believe) or a liar, pick one. (I can actually tell you're a compulsive liar who takes delight in telling little white lies and then playing innocent.)
    It isn't amusing, it isn't a display of faith, it isn't a show of innocence, it is a compulsive lying pattern and I do not have any patience for it.
    Stop. Ok?
    Last edited by rat200Turbo; 11-16-2017 at 04:52 AM.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, do flat earthers worry about climate change? I mean, since a bunch of the ice that's supposedly holding the water in is melting, are they worried that the waters will flow off the edge when enough ice is lost? Or do they believe that a glass firmament holds it all together, like we're in a terrarium? Wait, but if the edge is a glass firmament/terrarium, then we wouldn't need the ice around the edges of the flat earth, right? So which is it...the water is being bound by the ice, or by a firmament instead? I'm so confused. Either way, melting ice caps must really scare flat earthers, I mean, we'll either kill ourselves by flooding our terrarium, or kill ourselves by letting all the waters spill over the edge into a world-wide drought.

Either way, I wonder if our Alien Zookeepers will fix our terrarium for us before our world-wide drought/flood...
    Or maybe the Alien Scientists are watching us through their microscopes and taking notes about the awful creatures that are destroying their own environment and muddying up their slide. I mean, surely the rainbows are a sign of a glass slide over us, and the sun being the light from the microscope, right??
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

I sacrificed a goat to Zeus and I liked it
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Singu View Post
    There's actually a very good and simple argument against this, and it's somewhat closely related to Occam's Razor.

Suppose that the Earth is actually flat, and this is all just a government conspiracy, NASA projections in the sky, etc.

If that were true, it is as if NASA had access to what the Earth would have looked like if it were actually round. Since that the Earth IS really flat and we DON'T actually know what the Earth would have looked like if it were round, this would be a MASSIVE undertaking of an epic scale. They would have to come up with all sorts of complicated mathematical modeling and imaging technologies to make it look like as if it were round. They would have to come up with all sorts of complicated mathematical formulas to make it seem as if all the stars and the planets are circling around the sun in the space, as with the Earth. They would have to model everything as if it the Earth was actually round.

They're saying, "This is what it would have looked like, if the Earth was actually round".

...it is as if the Earth were actually round in the first place...!!

The problem with this approach is that it creates more problems when there are simpler explanations.
    We don't know what a flat Earth looks like
    We don't know what a round Earth looks like
    Everything is inference, since no one's ever seen the Earth
    It doesn't have that much of an effect on your life either way
    The Earth being round is way more likely, but the combination of the uselessness of the info and the difficulty in finding it out makes it kind of a waste of time to argue over

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

earth is flat

makes u think

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey look guys, its an astro-not claiming NASA destroyed the technology that took us to the moon!
    ILI (FINAL ANSWER)

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know, this is probably due to belief bias:

Belief bias

In everyday life people have to evaluate the validity of opinions given or conclusions arrived at by others. People accept or reject these conclusions or opinions depending if they are consistent with their everyday knowledge or prior beliefs. This cognitive process is called belief bias. Belief bias occurs when there is a conflict between existing belief or knowledge and the logical conclusion.
    If you grew up being told that the Earth is flat, then you probably wouldn't believe that the Earth is round. The only reason you believe it to be round is because that's what you were taught at school, that's what's "common sense", that's what you hear around you in every day life. You have accumulated the belief that the Earth is round throughout your life, whether they're logical inferences or factual proofs.

Maybe these kinds of people grew up in fundamentalist environments.

So it will likely take a long time to change your mind if a new fact presents itself, if it contradicts something that you have believed it to be true for a long time.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't spend a whole lot of time lot of time on why, myself... because contemplating the decptions of the elite richest and powerful is not very edifying, (or the deceptions of any deceivers). I guess I do not expect that the average rich and powerful person is overly concerned about the regular people and about being honest, open, up front and fair with them...
    It may not be "edifying" but it's an essential question to ask because without it, FET doesn't make sense. If they aren't "concerned" about the regular people then they have no reason to deceive them in the first place.

There are many deceptions that DO exist and DO serve the goals of the elite. Like getting people to buy as much useless crap as they can, drive themselves further into debt, and support a political system that serves the elite while creating the illusion of "freedom" and "choice" -- all while believing that this is in their best interests.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by entelecheia View Post
    We don't know what a flat Earth looks like
    We don't know what a round Earth looks like
    Everything is inference, since no one's ever seen the Earth
    It doesn't have that much of an effect on your life either way
    The Earth being round is way more likely, but the combination of the uselessness of the info and the difficulty in finding it out makes it kind of a waste of time to argue over
    genes are the fundamental blocks of protein expression and are only "just a concept" in your head. Get over it.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't spend a whole lot of time lot of time on why, myself... because contemplating the decptions of the elite richest and powerful is not very edifying, (or the deceptions of any deceivers). I guess I do not expect that the average rich and powerful person is overly concerned about the regular people and about being honest, open, up front and fair with them... Though, along that topic, the interview below got me thinking early on and is a big part of what made me want to know more about this theory. It is really, really interesting:

But now it's the theory that is interesting to me, and how it explains actual scientific observations, like:
    YTV used to do a live Santa Claus Christmas show on December sunday nights. Television crews would show up at the North Pole. You would mail your wish lists to

Santa Claus
    North Pole, North Pole
    HOH OHO

He would get your letters and read them outloud and it looked very real. Everything looked as real as it could be. It was real. This was actually Santa. But it was not Santa, it was a television studio.

None of these meme pictures are real, just fonts on a picture. Get over it.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Crispy View Post
    Hey look guys, its an astro-not claiming NASA destroyed the technology that took us to the moon!

@Crispy those were the days when we could visit the moon in matter of nanoseconds.

Let's calculate
    t=s/v
    tmin=s/vmax=s/c=384400000 m/299792458 m/s=1.28222038194169647857 s≈1.3 s

Looks like someone put speed limit on the universe... those bastards

Special theory of relativity is apparently part of new world order.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

I sacrificed a goat to Zeus and I liked it
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wacey View Post
    genes are the fundamental blocks of protein expression and are only "just a concept" in your head. Get over it.
    This has nothing to do with the shape of the Earth but that's also true. Do you even know how scientists decide which bit of DNA is part of which gene? Concepts are not these unchangeable, eternal, Platonic, godlike things. They are made by people based on observations and change as the observations change. Anything that isn't based on observation is delusional and generally philosophically motivated.

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Landlord of the Dog and Duck Subteigh's Avatar
    TIM
    RLOAI, maybe
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

@Eliza Thomason, do you consider the possibility that Earth is flat based on the arguments you post, or is it purely because you believe that the bible says the earth is flat? If someone believes something based on faith and not on evidence, it is impossible to change their mind based solely on evidence.

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If the earth is round, how do squares exist? Squares are flat. Therefore, the earth is flat, too.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

It's flat motherfukers

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    LIE ENTj
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a question. I won't read the answer. Is it okay if I post it here? <<< That's the question.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phrenology

An optimist - does not get discouraged under any circumstances. Life upheavals and stressful events only toughen him and make more confident. He likes to laugh and entertain people. Enters contact with someone by involving him with a humorous remark. His humor is often sly and contain hints and double meanings. Easily enters into arguments and bets, especially if he is challenged. When arguing his points is often ironic, ridicules the views of his opponent. His irritability and hot temper may be unpleasant to others. However, he himself is not perceptive of this and believes that he is simply exchanging opinions.

http://www.wikisocion.net/en/index.php?title=LIE_Profile_by_Gulenko

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Yes sure it's okay 👌

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Subteigh View Post
    @Eliza Thomason, do you consider the possibility that Earth is flat based on the arguments you post, or is it purely because you believe that the bible says the earth is flat? If someone believes something based on faith and not on evidence, it is impossible to change their mind based solely on evidence.
    I consider the possibility that FET is true based on the arguments such as those I have posted here. I never looked to scripture for that; before I just assumed everything I had ever been told about the shape of the earth, from everywhere and everyone I trusted (my parents, all educational institutes) was of course completely true. I did previously notice that many things about the Bible about creation were confusing to me, concerning things like "to the ends of the earth", "the firmament above", and other things, but I simply assumed that there were some things I just didn't understand in translation, translations I actually never researched (because that can be done easily). And I did not see it a problem that I could not understand why God would use certain metaphors. I never found that troubling. But now I do find it interesting that FET does line up with all those scriptures that never made sense before. And also, I no longer assume that everything the educational system teaches is true, or that the powers that be, that small elite group at the top, who are the deciders everything that is to be taught in school (and enforce that their decisions on this are followed through in every public school), have any commitment to the greater good of the masses they are directing. Anyway, I have been involved with the devolving educational system for years now and I can say there is a LOT wrong with it. If you are wealthy and can afford one of the extremely expensive private boarding schools (50K per year) that are scattered throughout lovely rural New England, you are more likely to get a top-rate true Classical Education,one that is very little like public education - but that is for the elite alone, the richest 1%.

(However, for the rest of us, who can manage it (not all can), there is homeschooling, well-worth the stigma relentlessly imposed on it. And Classical Education curriculum is enjoying a resurgence among homeschoolers now).

So I am saying I am enjoying learning about FET, but, then, I am freer to do this than others because I am not burdened with expectation that my government, the educational system, the media, and educational TV are like good parents who love me and only have honest truth, and my best interests, in mind.

TIM
    SLI-H sp/so
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Is this how we start the second medieval age?

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The pictures of the world being round are just the jews trying to gaslight us.

The world is a very complicated shape that is hard to describe. It's like a jagged weirdly-shaped building tipped over to its side. You can only 'fall off the edge' with the right mental disorder. Usually this means you just know too much. Most people hate to be naive. Being naive however is what keeps people alive as they travel this oddly shaped world with holes that seem like they shouldn't be there. Being naive of course is also what brutally and sadistically kills a person. See point blank, the world contradicts itself too much- that's why the shape is so bizarre. I mean there is both day and night- that's dumb. Just be one or the other.

Banned
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eliza is actually a chronic liar that feigns innocence and denies reality as part of a little game she plays.

TIM
    SLI-H sp/so
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Sometimes I wonder if the whole flat earth conspiracy sh*t was created by the government to discredit other conspiracies, which actually have the chance of being true.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Earth is flat

It's real bitches

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Is this video enough proof to debunk flat earth for flat earthers?

What do we have to do to convince you? Send you up in space?

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Teapot View Post
    Sometimes I wonder if the whole flat earth conspiracy sh*t was created by the government to discredit other conspiracies, which actually have the chance of being true.
    We think the same. I wonder about that too.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1550 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Raver View Post
    Is this video enough proof to debunk flat earth for flat earthers?

What do we have to do to convince you? Send you up in space?
    No proof is sufficient for those who do not wish to see.

Jer. 5:21 (King James version): "Hear now this, O foolish people, and without understanding; which have eyes, and see not; which have ears, and hear not."

A better question would be, "What proof would convince you that the Earth is round?"
    Equally telling would be an answer to the question, "Who would you believe if they told you this?" It will shed a lot of light on their thinking process.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a lot of the "evidence" I'm seeing to support flat earth theory here is basic fridge logic. They've really offered no more evidence than we've gotten from NASA.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think flat earth has esoteric implications.

One thing that always puzzled me is how it could be possible the moon rotates in exact synchronicity with Earth, so as to always show us its meteor free bright side, for billions of years. It just seemed to perfect. It is perfect, which is why it seems odd if I really think about it.

I e been staring at the stars since I was a young boy in a sleeping bag on the trampoline. Then I moved to the house roof top, where our house was on a platuea and in the north end of the valley, so little light polution. There I once promised the devil my soul if he could make me fly and I jumped off the roof. Good thing I didnt.

What always made me curious is why the Universe is exanding at an increasing rate away from us.

When you are hiking in the mountains for hours and you move down in elevation some strange effect happens where your vision tries to opitcally adapt to the far off differences. There is an illusion that occurs where it looks like the horizon is exapanding away from you until you blink and then it visually resets itself, only to expand away again until your brain properly orientates itself. This is in conjuction with your blood pressure in your head cavity, which stops after you find balance, several minutes the illusion lasts until you can see it properly. Wrong vision until the right vision.

TIM
    FLVE
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

when you get to the scale of moons and planets (and larger objects such as asteroids), nature begins to favor spherical shapes

from my point of view, I could concede that I don't really know enough to prove the existence of a spherical earth over flat earth theory, however it seems like proponents of flat earth theory, whilst criticizing round earthers for failing to actually look at any evidence, are themselves given to basing their assumptions on an extremely limited set of evidence. What "evidence" they do provide tends to be photographs. The majority of arguments for flat earth theory rely mostly on visual perceptions of the earth and cosmos to make the case.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Disturbed IEE here.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

tell me this round earthers. why don't we get dizzy when the planet spins?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENTp here to rescue with some Ti.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For me personally I actually welcome the esoteric, super natural explanations as I don't see reality as a binary, 1,0, red, blue, science, non-science.

Superstitions brought us to where we are now and I think their evolved versions, everything scientifically understood, are just as relevent. God said let there be light and there was, is exactly what happened when the molecular dust fist ignited in the early Universe.

I am excited to see what the James Webb telescope brings for Civilization when we can see to the start of the Universe with our eyes.