Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324 LastLast
Results 881 to 920 of 951

Thread: The earth is round

  1. #881
    Haikus
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    721
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eliza Thomason View Post
    Not really a problem. In the theory where the earth is flat and this is kept secret by the elite 1% at the top with all the money and power, then there are 99% more folks to keep busy, and some of them are really, really smart, and value being the brainy in-the-know ones to explain to everyone else the "reality of roundness", of which they are (most of them) convinced of anyway. (It must be true since ALL the people and institutions everyone admires believe it). To be successful at this is to be the elite in the field of science (that place they love), to be connected with the best universities, to be considered as smart as a rocket scientist, to be admired, esteemed, extolled, published, and to be invited to be keynote speakers at the most important conferences.

    Its not at all hard to find people willing to spend their whole life reaping those rewards.
    You're not getting the probability here. In the absence of additional information, we can say that the assumptions that the world is flat, and that the world is round, have equal weight. We don't have any more outside information at this point, so we can say they're equally likely. Good so far?

    Now we see this telltale evidence from NASA that either the Earth is round, or there's a conspiracy to make us believe it is. This "evidence" has been clearly presented, so there's no denying that it's there, you can only argue whether or not it's legit. There's images of the Earth as round and things like navigational maps that, at first glance, look like they were plotted from a round model of the Earth.

    You can chalk this "evidence" up to one of two assumptions: that the data does reflect a truly round planet; or that vast amounts of energy by a consolidated central world power have been devoted to creating a seamless illusion that is round when it is in fact flat. So far there is nothing contradictory in the second assumption, nor with the first. Both are nothing but that: assumptions. As an average human individual, you probably lack sufficient hard data on either assumption to confirm the world is flat or round. In fact few, if any, likely do.

    What happens is that you're forced to put some amount of tentative faith in either assumption, at least until new data pops up and invalidates the one you've chosen. Say I roll one six-sided die and want to roll a one: there's a one-in-six chance I will roll that number.
    But say I roll two dice, and I want to roll at LEAST one "one" on one of the dice. If I roll a one of Die 1, there's six sides to the other die, so there's five outcomes where I can roll just one one on the first die; plus five outcomes where I roll one one on the second die but not the first; plus one outcome where I roll ones on both dice. It's AT LEAST one one that I'm looking for; the probability of getting what I want in relation to either die has no effect on the other, so the probabilities are added. There's six sides on each die, making a total of 36 possible outcomes for a given roll, so the odds of rolling that are 11/36. In this case, adding more variables gives me a greater chance of getting the outcome I want, because the contributers to the outcome are independent of one another - 11/36 > 1/6.

    But now, say I want to roll a one on BOTH dice. Now, the instant I roll anything but a one on either die, the probability of getting snake-eyes is zero. It's not "either-or" here so I can't treat the dice as separate variables to be added, I have to treat them as one. There's only one possible outcome for rolling two six-sided dice where both dice show a one, out of 36 possible outcomes, so here, the odds are just 1/36. See, now the constituent variables MUST BOTH be very specific to give me my desired outcome at all, so it's much less likely to happen.


    It's the same deal with your idea of a conspiracy to suppress information so seamlessly, or most conspiracies to suppress information outside of a totalitarian state for that matter. The problem isn't that conspiracies like this are impossible (they're not), it's that an outcome that large and complex has MANY more opportunities to go wrong than go right. You can say this conspiracy is there if you collect very specific, undeniable hard evidence that it is happening, but you can't reliably infer it exists without this evidence just to substantiate your assumptions, any more than you can infer that telekinetic unicorns control precipitation because you don't understand how the water cycle works. The inference of this conspiracy is not evidence for your argument, you're simply highlighting the next spot where evidence should exist for there to be any validity to your theory. So until you have PROOF that this very specific conspiracy is going on, your theory has absolutely no leg to stand on, because we've all got a far simpler assumption supported by the same evidence that supports your theory.
    Last edited by Grendel; 11-13-2017 at 07:24 AM.

  2. #882
    Nothing in the cage of my ribcage
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    1,704
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Well the scientists are discovering not just new things about the Earth, but also the new things about the universe as well. So it's as if the NASA has to continuously "keep up" with their findings to keep fooling people. Or if the scientists are "in it" as well, then there are also counter-arguments from the other scientists, saying that those are not true, or there are another, better explanations. Older findings get refuted and invalidated by newer findings and explanations. If this is a massive conspiracy on part of the scientists, to give the appearance that there is no uniformity, then this will create another massive complexity of an epic scale.

    In short, it is as if NASA already has an entire working of the theory of the Universe figured out, which is infinitely complex.

    It is as if NASA is a God. If so, then it is as if God had made the universe the way it is, and the Earth the way it is, which is round.

    That seems like a circular argument, but the "round-earthers" and "flat-earthers" are both actually saying the same thing. They're both saying that "The Earth appears to be round, because it is made to look like as if it were round...". The only difference is that the "flat-earthers" are adding an additional "baggage": "...because it is due to a government conspiracy".
    Last edited by Singu; 11-13-2017 at 10:57 AM.

  3. #883

    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    524
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The round earth model explains the existence of the eclipse and the many details of it, the flat earth model does not.
    It explains the gradual sunset, the flat earth model does not.
    It does not violate the physics of direction, such as with a plane flying in a straight line, the flat earth model does... infact you can actually SEE the curvature of the horizon when you are in a plane - I have seen it.
    It explains that a ship does absolutely dip below the horizon, the flat earth model does not... infact you can clearly see the sun cut off at the horizon every single day, it's called a sunset.
    It is consistent with the laws of refraction, the flat earth model is not. The flat earth model just simply refuses to acknowledge the laws of refraction and gets emotional about it when pressed.
    It explains why we see different constellations at different times of year, and why the north star and constellations near the north & south pole rotate around a fixed location while constellations near the equator do not remain fixed; the flat earth doesn't...
    It explains why we can see alot farther from higher places, the flat earth model does not.
    The round earth is the same shape as other planets - which are round, the flat earth model isn't. For example you can actually see the moons orbiting around Jupiter with a telescope.
    It explains the existence of time zones and the fact that the sun is in the sky, in each distinct time zone, one after the other... the sun rises and sets in each time zone, one after the other... When the sun is rising in one time zone, it's setting in another.
    It is consistent with our understanding of gravity, the flat earth model isn't.
    It is supported by MANY IMAGES FROM SPACE, that are NOT CONSPIRACIES. The flat earth model isn't. This is a real picture, not a CGI picture: https://www.flickr.com/photos/nasaco...n/photostream/
    It does not rely on a massive conspiracy that has absolutely no point at all, is actually logistically impossible to maintain, and which no one would ever see any reason to participate in. The flat earth model does...
    It explains why you can actually see a curved shadow on the moon during an eclipse, the flat earth model doesn't.
    It explains why the sun goes down then up again!
    Last edited by crazedrat1776; 11-13-2017 at 06:21 PM.

  4. #884
    Don't forget the the thehotelambush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    6,573
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eliza Thomason View Post
    Not really a problem. In the theory where the earth is flat and this is kept secret by the elite 1% at the top with all the money and power, then there are 99% more folks to keep busy, and some of them are really, really smart, and value being the brainy in-the-know ones to explain to everyone else the "reality of roundness", of which they are (most of them) convinced of anyway. (It must be true since ALL the people and institutions everyone admires believe it). To be successful at this is to be the elite in the field of science (that place they love), to be connected with the best universities, to be considered as smart as a rocket scientist, to be admired, esteemed, extolled, published, and to be invited to be keynote speakers at the most important conferences.

    Its not at all hard to find people willing to spend their whole life reaping those rewards.
    In this theory, what was the initial motivation to create the deception? What do the elite have to gain by falsely convincing people the earth is round? People thought the earth was round going back a very long time -- at some point the "elite" would have discovered that the earth was flat and begun to cover it up. When was that point? Were the initial observations made in good faith and only later shown to be false? Or were there secret observations so that it was a deception right from the start?

    Maybe these questions have been addressed earlier, I haven't read the whole thread. But it seems to me with almost every other conspiracy theory there is a legitimate motivation for the government or whoever to actually deceive people in the first place.

  5. #885
    xerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    5,425
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    LOL at the sheeple who believe the Earth actually exists outside of a computer simulation. The Earth is "shaped" like 0's and 1's, morons.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Stewart Mill
    He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that. His reasons may be good, and no one may have been able to refute them. But if he is equally unable to refute the reasons on the opposite side, if he does not so much as know what they are, he has no ground for preferring either opinion... Nor is it enough that he should hear the opinions of adversaries from his own teachers, presented as they state them, and accompanied by what they offer as refutations. He must be able to hear them from persons who actually believe them...he must know them in their most plausible and persuasive form.

  6. #886
    Retsu77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    375
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Wouldn't flat earthers be primarily Te PoLR? There seems to be an overall enormous disregard for established facts and evidence as we know it. Just like with creationists in general. (Not to say all creationists are Te PoLR but the ideology or mentality itself surely is.)

  7. #887
    In Transition Raver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Posts
    3,654
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    @Eliza Thomason Why is Earth the only flat planet when the moon and other planets in the solar system are spherical? This is proven with usage of a telescope or are you doubting this too?
    "Nothing happens until the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change."

    Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-4w5-9w1

  8. #888
    solve et coagula Keranos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    TIM
    LII-Ne 5w4 so/sx
    Posts
    321
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm convinced the earth is flat after having a robust number of life experiences that deeply affected me throughout the years. For one, when I took a plane from California to New York, the ground remained even and the plane travelled in one direction. For example, the plane did not do any loopty loops. Furthermore, if the earth is "round", as most people say, then how come architects design houses, skyscrapers, etc. on a flat grid? Would buildings not have round floors if the earth was "round?" Moreover, if the earth was "round", how come the ocean remains cupped within the confines of continental shores? If the earth was "round", wouldn't the ocean drip off?
    “You must be shapeless, formless, like water. When you pour water in a cup, it becomes the cup. When you pour water in a bottle, it becomes the bottle. When you pour water in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Water can drip and it can crash. Become like water my friend.” ― Bruce Lee


  9. #889
    Haikus
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    721
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Retsu77 View Post
    Wouldn't flat earthers be primarily Te PoLR? There seems to be an overall enormous disregard for established facts and evidence as we know it. Just like with creationists in general. (Not to say all creationists are Te PoLR but the ideology or mentality itself surely is.)
    no b/c that includes iei and is flawless beyond any and all questioning </s>

  10. #890
    Artist Chae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Germany
    TIM
    IEE-Fi SX/SO 3w4
    Posts
    7,268
    Mentioned
    561 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    I don't believe that the world is flat. I don't believe that it is round, either. According to my observations and calculations, it is in fact a spinning cube! The sun, on the other hand, is pyramid-shaped. The moon: definitely octahedron. Why don't you all expand your theories, I'm so surprised we still debate the earth.

  11. #891
    Queen of the Damned Aylen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    MACS0647-JD
    TIM
    ILI ~ 458 sx/sp
    Posts
    9,716
    Mentioned
    709 Post(s)
    Tagged
    40 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eliza Thomason View Post
    I guess it seemed huge to me at first blow, too. But after awhile, it just made real sense. As to governments agreeing, that is why Antarctica Treaty is so interesting. Its a huge anomaly that that agreement could be made, and very interesting. The whole Antarctica factor is interesting. There are fascinating videos on it.

    Also, really, I think its a stretch to say that those with the most power and money of course are open and honest with us on all things, because they want to ensure we all have the best and most accurate info on all things.

    Power corrupts. It causes more lust for more power and more money. So expecting "basically good and decent things" from those of the earth who have all the money and power is actually sort of unreasonable.

    Immediately before Jesus started His three year ministry, He fasted 40 days, and then the devil came to tempt Him.***[see below] The devil offered Him the world - his kingdom. How could he do this? Because it actually is his to offer. The kingdoms of this world belong to satan and his minions. The Kingdom of God is the Kingdom of Truth and Love, and it is not of this world. The kingdom of power, politics money and governments - its opposite the Kingdom of God and truth.

    So to consider the possibility that those with all the money and power might be the huge deceivers, and would delight in systematically withholding the truth from us, and in keeping us busy studying and believing falsehoods - that's not a terrible stretch for me.

    That's assuming that those at the top with the money and power don't stick together, and that wars aren't ways for the 1% to get even more filthy rich... and give themselves more power shaping world history, and keeping the 99% busy... and maybe there isn't all that hate anyway between nations, actually, at the top anyway (where the decisions are made), and its just manufactured stuff, not unlike the media that we see working so hard to strike fear in everyone and to polarize people...
    All I can say to this part is that I do not live in such an evil version of earth in this universe (perhaps in the multiverse there is a version of me that does.) and from my perspective, the elite nor society governs the way I experience my reality except in very peripheral ways or when I allow the influence to penetrate deeply and warp my perception.

    We already had a couple posts, back and forth, on Antarctica where I explained why I disagree with what you believe about it. I am not blindly subscribing to the idea of earth's shape, or the exploration of the universe either, just because it was taught to me. I hope you don't assume I have not done my own research. I came to my conclusions based not only on the information available but also intuitively. I have beliefs about the universe that were not taught to me in school, church or the internet. They are my own and would not be easily translatable for public consumption.

    The way I see it, power will only corrupt those who are already corruptible which includes the power someone can have over their partner/spouse, children, extended family, friends, students or coworkers. It doesn't have to be wide scale. A person abusing power can spend a lifetime and only affect one other person if that is their choice. This is my experience of reality so it cannot be invalidated but I am open, to a shift in perspective. I am not open to the idea of mass scale deception. You have your own version of reality based on your own beliefs which I am trying hard not to dismiss but having been raised on a similar religion it is often hard for me not to when I feel I have moved past the limitations my past religious affiliations imposed on me.


    Don't take it from me. I am not any kind of FET expert. I have no intention of summarizing FET here, and amnot qualified to, and have made no attempt to, so my posts are the wrong place to go for a summary. I just comment randomly, sharing miscellaneous thoughts as they occur to me. Like right now, for instance. I have not given a single thought to FET in months, and I randomly came to this thread and commented.
    So in a way you have played devil's advocate for an opposing point of view from what is common here but do not believe to be true as much as it is an interesting idea? I was just responding to the posts in superlatives and had all but forgotten this thread until recently.

    Aylen, those are CGI images. They are ALL - meaning every.single.one. - CGI images. There are NO pictures of earth from space. None. Not one. Confirmed by NASA. I am not going to research links for you because its easy-peasy to do it yourself (thought I put one link in that sentence). Repeating: there are NO pictures of earth from space. ALL are CGI.

    [All of NASA's pictorial discoveries are CGI. Thinkabout thedetailed pics of distant planets! If they can get accurate, clear pictures SO far away, why do we not have photos of every pebble on the moon magnified 100x?!.]
    There are pictures of earth from space so you are going on information that is outdated. I do not need you to research for me since I did my own. You may want to reread my response. I am aware that a lot of them are CGI and it is for a good reason. One being distance. With newer satellites at greater distance there are images of the whole earth. At least that is my current understanding. I posted links. Before they had to piece together because of distance. CGI is a useful tool to help people conceptualize. I am pretty sure I mentioned this in my post along with links that you might have missed seeing.

    I have researched so much information on the universe, not because of this thread but because that is my interest. I have a strong desire to reconnect with my origins (remember them) since I do not plan to incarnate on this planet again.

    I ran across FET before, as well as the hollow earth theory. I think I mentioned I found hollow earth more fascinating than flat earth. It is more charming. I know some irl FETs and we have had some debates that left me exhausted and frustrated. I guess youtube does have a lot of influence on what people will believe or not believe lately. I have managed to get one person to dismiss the validity of FET based on what I had to say. I probably was a bit dismissive at first but then I tried to be accepting of his beliefs. He is easily influenced by new and exciting ideas too but because I know him well and he is very intelligent I found it a bit irritating that he was buying into it. Maybe it is his Ne but his isn't even valued.

    I am not invested in you changing your mind though. Like you I am just sharing. Maybe what I post also lets people consider something else. Human truths can be important but I don't care as much about them since they do change over time. There is something even bigger than truth.

    I have read and watched so much regarding the cosmos that I can't possibly explain it all but if you are interested perhaps look into the other side as thoroughly? For me there is much more evidence against a "flat earth" than for it but the best part of looking into the other side is that a whole new universe may open up to you. It is unfathomably huge, beautiful, terrifying and mysterious. Nothing inspires a greater sense of awe in me. Even the beauty and diversity of earth does not compare to the unknown and what we are going to find.

    Speaking for myself I am mostly, if vaguely, aware of my origins and lifetimes in different galaxies and dimensions. The more I explore the more I am triggered into bringing those distant memories into my current incarnation. From our interactions in this thread I can see you are not aware of many things I have learned through research and by expanding my own consciousness so I don't think there is a point to me going into subjects like distant galaxies, black holes, dark matter dark energy and the big bang. It is transcendent if you decide to look into it. I am not judging that your way is bad and mine is good. Just a difference of where I put my attention. Your purpose in life is different than mine. You probably make more of an impact on people and contribution to society as whole every day, through your profession. My impact will not be large but I am fine with that.


    I think the bulk - maybe all of your reading on FET (Flat Earth Theory) is from FET Debunkers. That's pretty boring reading. Really dry stuff, and really not interesting. Compared to real FET, the debunkers are so, so boring and totally un-stimulating. It will tranquilize you, though, and it's comforting to think that everything you know is true and its worth reading boring stuff if it can tell you that and make you feel fine in that way. But the FET is SO INTERESTING! And I think you have not read a lot of real FET or seen their videos or sat through one thoughtfully is because I have found pretty much across the board the FET people are rally using their minds AND, I want to tell you this: they do not get "riled up". They are calm and thoughtful. That's my experience. Its those who are trying to "debunk" that are all riled up". Pretty much, across the board, that's the truth.

    (there is a lot of detracting FET videos and sites out there, to reel you in and then say fake things that real FE theorists would never say.)

    An example is FE theorist that is everythingbut riled up is Mark Sargent. So, so mellow. And intelligent and interesting. But he is an example of so many other FE theorists. Its like they are no longer upset that the world is not as it was taught them, but accept it. They are not upset that the reality of earth is not neatly laid out in textbooks and "accurate" detailed maps, etc. They see earth as a mystery to contemplate with the amazing instrument: the human mind, and they are at peace about exploring it.
    It isn't a matter of it being boring. It just doesn't make sense to me and the only thing I find interesting about it is the mindset of those people but I am sure some people find my mindset weird too. I have looked at the videos and links you have posted so if you linked to debunkers then I probably read them too.


    That's an interesting way to make a judgment on the topic. Sort of circuitous -- and I relate to circuitousness, because I approach learning things that way a lot of the time. Yet, I do not think I would trust youtube comments to tell me a great deal. I mean, really, the vast majority are just reactions - and first, off-the-cuff immediate reactions at that - from people who have given it NO THOUGHT. So to me, they just aren't useful. Its sort of like in forums, where if you pose and a thoughtful question, the FIRST answers you get are often sort of frivolous and not useful; they are simply the off-the-cuff reactions of "first responders" who have a shallow response to everything they just read, and are not worth much. Its later in that you get the thoughtful comments from those who cogitated on what you posed.

    I hope you are well, Aylen! I think of you a lot. I have been busy. I am at a crossroads, and at the beginnings of some changes (nose to the grindstone and no reportable changes)...
    It is not about trusting youtube comments. It is the type of personality that posts what I find to be stupid, hateful comments while telling us we are stupid and hateful for not believing in FET. I don't think these people are pretending to be FETs to make people think they are stupid and hateful. Reading youtube comments is often toxic anyway.

    You may learn best through circuitous methods but I do not learn best that way. For me it would be a huge distraction and knock me off course while learning.

    Thank you for taking the time to respond. I was going to delete my post when I saw the thread bumped because I don't really have the energy to put into this right now but I am doing ok. At least it is related to a subject I am really focused on right now (not FET). My usual life, death, rebirth, cosmic connection stuff. I have a lot of focus there atm. More than usual.

    I hope your are well too.

    "When I ought to be thinking of heaven he will nail me to earth"

     







  12. #892
    Queen of the Damned Aylen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    MACS0647-JD
    TIM
    ILI ~ 458 sx/sp
    Posts
    9,716
    Mentioned
    709 Post(s)
    Tagged
    40 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grendel View Post
    no b/c that includes iei and is flawless beyond any and all questioning </s>


    “The very word intuition has to be understood. You know the word tuition—tuition comes from outside, somebody teaches you, the tutor. Intuition means something that arises within your being; it is your potential, that’s why it is called intuition. Wisdom is never borrowed, and that which is borrowed is never wisdom. Unless you have your own wisdom, your own vision, your own clarity, your own eyes to see, you will not be able to understand the mystery of existence.”

    "When I ought to be thinking of heaven he will nail me to earth"

     







  13. #893

    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    524
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default


    After floating around for 14 minutes, and swallowing a bubble of water that is floating in midair, she looks outside @ 14:10 and no, it isn't CGI. You can see everything.

  14. #894
    constructive poster Capitalist Pig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Colorado, USA
    Posts
    5,899
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crazedrat1776 View Post

    After floating around for 14 minutes, and swallowing a bubble of water that is floating in midair, she looks outside @ 14:10 and no, it isn't CGI. You can see everything.
    came for the earth visuals, stayed for the tour

    this was actually a really cool video. science is awesome.

  15. #895
    Queen of the Damned Aylen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    MACS0647-JD
    TIM
    ILI ~ 458 sx/sp
    Posts
    9,716
    Mentioned
    709 Post(s)
    Tagged
    40 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crazedrat1776 View Post
    After floating around for 14 minutes, and swallowing a bubble of water that is floating in midair, she looks outside @ 14:10 and no, it isn't CGI. You can see everything.
    Some, maybe most (?), FETs don't even believe the space station is even up there. Sites with outdated information and pictures don't help since it seems some see something is off but fail to notice that the site is not connected to ISS or NASA. They just think it is filmed in a studio. I saw some of this on the links Eliza posted.

    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-37778973


    This one is just so far out there... I hope it is satire but maybe not. :/

    http://heiwaco.tripod.com/moontravel.htm

    "When I ought to be thinking of heaven he will nail me to earth"

     







  16. #896
    Haikus
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    721
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post


    “The very word intuition has to be understood. You know the word tuition—tuition comes from outside, somebody teaches you, the tutor. Intuition means something that arises within your being; it is your potential, that’s why it is called intuition. Wisdom is never borrowed, and that which is borrowed is never wisdom. Unless you have your own wisdom, your own vision, your own clarity, your own eyes to see, you will not be able to understand the mystery of existence.”
    Okay then, since wisdom has to come from within and can never be borrowed you quit trying to inspire wisdom in me by the use of words, which are a language borrowed from the outside world and not originating inside me. Better yet, feck off with trying to smear that shit all over the outside world if it has to be so secluded from the outside world that it can't even interact with the empirical and the quantifiable.


    You see how enshrining this way of thinking could become a problem, right?

  17. #897
    Queen of the Damned Aylen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    MACS0647-JD
    TIM
    ILI ~ 458 sx/sp
    Posts
    9,716
    Mentioned
    709 Post(s)
    Tagged
    40 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grendel View Post
    Okay then, since wisdom has to come from within and can never be borrowed you quit trying to inspire wisdom in me by the use of words, which are a language borrowed from the outside world and not originating inside me. Better yet, feck off with trying to smear that shit all over the outside world if it has to be so secluded from the outside world that it can't even interact with the empirical and the quantifiable.


    You see how enshrining this way of thinking could become a problem, right?
    LOL it was in response to you Ni comment. It is obvious no one can inspire wisdom in you.

    "When I ought to be thinking of heaven he will nail me to earth"

     







  18. #898
    Haikus
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    721
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    LOL it was in response to you Ni comment. It is obvious no one can inspire wisdom in you.
    Yet you don't see me crawling out of the woodwork to give you a goading gentle slap in the face half of the time the lot of you circlejerk to shit on on fi or si. Don't I get to be offended too? Where's the fairness? Or does some unquantifiable game-breaking rule of your Ni absolve you of fairness too?

  19. #899
    Queen of the Damned Aylen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    MACS0647-JD
    TIM
    ILI ~ 458 sx/sp
    Posts
    9,716
    Mentioned
    709 Post(s)
    Tagged
    40 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grendel View Post
    Yet you don't see me crawling out of the woodwork to give you a goading gentle slap in the face half of the time the lot of you circlejerk to shit on on fi or si. Don't I get to be offended too? Where's the fairness? Or does some unquantifiable game-breaking rule of your Ni absolve you of fairness too?
    Life is not fair. :/

    But sure you can be offended. I wasn't offended. I thought your post was funny.

    "When I ought to be thinking of heaven he will nail me to earth"

     







  20. #900
    Bertrand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    2,486
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Aylen "9k posts" voice of wisdom and not a single memorable post. yeah grendel is the hardhead here

    Proverbs 17:28

  21. #901
    Queen of the Damned Aylen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    MACS0647-JD
    TIM
    ILI ~ 458 sx/sp
    Posts
    9,716
    Mentioned
    709 Post(s)
    Tagged
    40 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand View Post
    Aylen "9k posts" voice of wisdom and not a single memorable post. yeah grendel is the retard here
    So what you have 2200+ posts. Probably half of them 20,000 characters and not one memorable. No one called him a retard except you just now. Just shut up when adults are talking.

    "When I ought to be thinking of heaven he will nail me to earth"

     







  22. #902
    Queen of the Damned Aylen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    MACS0647-JD
    TIM
    ILI ~ 458 sx/sp
    Posts
    9,716
    Mentioned
    709 Post(s)
    Tagged
    40 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand View Post
    Aylen "9k posts" voice of wisdom and not a single memorable post. yeah grendel is the hardhead here

    Proverbs 17:28
    You and your edits. You are a carbon copy of Person.

    "When I ought to be thinking of heaven he will nail me to earth"

     







  23. #903
    Bertrand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    2,486
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    It is obvious no one can inspire wisdom in you.
    retard: a person who is obtuse or ineffective in some way

    obtuse: not sensitive or observant

    I mean unless you're admitting there's nothing to be sensitive to, in which case we agree


    Probably half of them 20,000 characters and not one memorable.
    my posts not memorable.! its yours that aren't memorable!

  24. #904
    Nothing in the cage of my ribcage
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    1,704
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Guys, stop fighting... you both worship this thing called "intuition" and "Ni".

  25. #905
    Bertrand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    2,486
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    excuse me, I worship Fi

  26. #906
    Queen of the Damned Aylen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    MACS0647-JD
    TIM
    ILI ~ 458 sx/sp
    Posts
    9,716
    Mentioned
    709 Post(s)
    Tagged
    40 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand View Post
    retard: a person who is obtuse or ineffective in some way

    obtuse: not sensitive or observant

    I mean unless you're admitting there's nothing to be sensitive to, in which case we agree

    your's aren't forgettable, its mine that aren't memorable!
    I was teasing him. I think you are an idiot for getting involved.

    Fixed the mistake for you.

    Edit: again you edit. lol

    "When I ought to be thinking of heaven he will nail me to earth"

     







  27. #907
    Bertrand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    2,486
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    haha jokes on you, I was just teasing

  28. #908
    Haikus
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    721
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand View Post
    excuse me, I worship Fi
    <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3




    okay I've reached my shitposting limit for today

  29. #909
    Queen of the Damned Aylen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    MACS0647-JD
    TIM
    ILI ~ 458 sx/sp
    Posts
    9,716
    Mentioned
    709 Post(s)
    Tagged
    40 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand View Post
    haha jokes on you, I was just teasing
    and I was mocking you.

    P.S. My Fi is stronger than your Fi.

    "When I ought to be thinking of heaven he will nail me to earth"

     







  30. #910

    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    524
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grendel View Post
    Yet you don't see me crawling out of the woodwork to give you a goading gentle slap in the face half of the time the lot of you circlejerk to shit on on fi or si. Don't I get to be offended too? Where's the fairness? Or does some unquantifiable game-breaking rule of your Ni absolve you of fairness too?
    How does some incident in the distant past justify a shitty attitude in the present, anyway?
    You act like you've been severely wounded and left to die or something. Lol!
    Last edited by crazedrat1776; 11-14-2017 at 02:19 PM.

  31. #911
    What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Finland
    TIM
    SEI
    Posts
    771
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I love the name of this thread.

  32. #912
    Nothing in the cage of my ribcage
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    1,704
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Fi, Ni, it's all the same... just some mysterious process that can't be clearly explained. Keep that in mind when you're making stereotypes. NTs are the mystical geniuses, and NF are the mystical mystics. These will only give you mysterious answers.

    Anyway, what's less interesting is whether the Earth is round or flat, since we have already established that from what we know and from all sorts of calculations and inferences that we have made, the Earth does appear to be round. But ON TOP OF THAT, the flat-earthers are asserting that it's due to a government conspiracy that's fooling us (also, what's behind the whole thing?). So they have an extra explaining to do, when the round-earthers are already done with their explaining.

    What's more interesting is the amount of computation that it would require if the whole thing is indeed a simulation by NASA, that it's all just a "planetarium" in the sky. The computer has to use the formulae provided by astronomical theories; in fact the computation is identical to the one that it would perform if it were calculating predictions of where an observatory should point its telescopes to see real planets and stars.

    The amount of computational power required would be 1:1. You would require an entire universe to simulate another universe.

    So it would amount to this:

    "If a substantial amount of computation would be required to give us the illusion that a certain entity is real, then that entity is real."

  33. #913
    Cosmic Teapot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    TIM
    SLI 512 sp/so
    Posts
    727
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    "In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
    "The best way to describe your total creative capacity is to say that for all practical purposes it is infinite." - George Leonard

  34. #914
    Chains's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,216
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    How do the satellites used to upload internet posts stay in orbit around a flat earth?

  35. #915
    Cosmic Teapot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    TIM
    SLI 512 sp/so
    Posts
    727
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chains View Post
    How do the satellites used to upload internet posts stay in orbit around a flat earth?
    reversed gravity
    "In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
    "The best way to describe your total creative capacity is to say that for all practical purposes it is infinite." - George Leonard

  36. #916
    Queen of the Damned Aylen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    MACS0647-JD
    TIM
    ILI ~ 458 sx/sp
    Posts
    9,716
    Mentioned
    709 Post(s)
    Tagged
    40 Thread(s)

    Default

    Half the universe’s missing matter has just been finally found

    The missing links between galaxies have finally been found. This is the first detection of the roughly half of the normal matter in our universe – protons, neutrons and electrons – unaccounted for by previous observations of stars, galaxies and other bright objects in space.

    You have probably heard about the hunt for dark matter, a mysterious substance thought to permeate the universe, the effects of which we can see through its gravitational pull. But our models of the universe also say there should be about twice as much ordinary matter out there, compared with what we have observed so far.

    Two separate teams found the missing matter – made of particles called baryons rather than dark matter – linking galaxies together through filaments of hot, diffuse gas.

    “The missing baryon problem is solved,” says Hideki Tanimura at the Institute of Space Astrophysics in Orsay, France, leader of one of the groups. The other team was led by Anna de Graaff at the University of Edinburgh, UK.

    https://www.newscientist.com/article...finally-found/

    "When I ought to be thinking of heaven he will nail me to earth"

     







  37. #917
    Chains's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,216
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Teapot View Post
    reversed gravity
    So gravity does exist.

    What do you call a flat earth with gravity?

  38. #918
    Cosmic Teapot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    TIM
    SLI 512 sp/so
    Posts
    727
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chains View Post
    So gravity does exist.

    What do you call a flat earth with gravity?
    nonsense
    "In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
    "The best way to describe your total creative capacity is to say that for all practical purposes it is infinite." - George Leonard

  39. #919
    Chains's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,216
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Teapot View Post
    nonsense
    Wrong.

    ROUND

  40. #920

    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    524
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chains View Post
    How do the satellites used to upload internet posts stay in orbit around a flat earth?
    Asking leading questions to a FET believer, lol

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •