TIM
    468 so/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Member Questionnaire (Thelema)

What is beauty? What is love?

Love is a state of spirit. Beauty is the instinctive impression you get from something based on its harmonious qualities.

What are your most important values?

Self-improvement, independence, honesty, expansion of knowledge and self-expression.

Do you have any sort of spiritual/religious beliefs, and why do you hold (or don't) those beliefs in the first place?
    Here is the thing: I don't subscribe to any religious institution. I don't like Christianity or Islam, but I have always been interested in ancient mysticism and the history behind religious thought. I am naturally drawn towards this subject for no specific reason. I am attracted to people like Aleister Crowley and Krishnamurti, and metaphysics in general.
    On a side note, I hate it when people preach about their religious views to me or to others. I think people like this should STFU.

Opinion on war and militaries? What is power to you?

I don't have an opinion on war and militaries. War is something that simply exists and will always exist as long as humans live. I don't support it, but I'm realistic and I'm not actively against it in all circumstances. People who are in the militaries tend to be brainwashed and blind, but people like this will always exist, too.

Power is relative and it only exists in comparison to other people's power. You are powerful if you can do things others can't do; you are powerful if you can impose your will on others. That's how society sees power, at least.

What have you had long conversations about? What are your interests? Why

Music (nobody I know IRL likes music more than I do), ancient mysticism, literature, movies, typology, human behavior, psychology, philosophy, manga/anime, Japanese culture and career/work.

Interested in health/medicine as a conversation topic? Are you focused on your body?

interested, but not in a good way. I suffer from hypochondria since I was a kid. I am high-strung and my body is tense. I've tried to make some breathing exercises, but I lack concentration. lol
    Nobody is more anxious than me.

What do you think of daily chores?

I hate them. If I had money, I would hire a personal house cleaner, a personal driver and a personal cook. I don't like to waste time with this kind of thing. I only do these things because I have to, but they are one of the worst aspects of life, IMO.

Books or films you liked? Recently read/watched or otherwise. Examples welcome.

Favorite films: All Tarantino's movies, especially Pulp Fiction and Kill Bill; Oldboy, Whiplash, Trainspotting, Wild Tales, American Beauty, Persona by Ingmar Bergman, Fight Club, The Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind and Inception.

Books: For Whom the Bell Tolls by Hemingway, a lot of Agatha Christie stuff, Sense and Sensibility and Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen, and all Plato's dialogues.

What has made you cry? What has made you smile? Why?

I don't like to cry in public. I mostly cry on my own and I'm sensitive to the emotional effect that some music tracks and books have on me.
    I generally smile when I'm with friends, making jokes.

Where do you feel: at one with the environment/a sense of belonging?
    When the environment is connected to my interests. I like CD stores and book shops. I feel comfortable in most environments if I'm with close friends.What have people seen as your weaknesses? What do you dislike about yourself?

I have occasionally been called arrogant, distant, inaccesible, impatient and even "mean".

What have people seen as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?

Creativity, boldness, intelligence and seriety.

In what areas of your life would you like help?

I generally don't want direct help from anyone. I like it when a friend or family member gives me advice, but I'd rather solve my problems by myself.

Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it.

When I'm unable to express myself to someone because my feelings are not "morally acceptable", or because I'm too proud to be open about these feelings. This leaves me so annoyed and pissed off. When this happens, I try to discharge the feelings and release the tension by doing some kind of activity, or simply try to forget about it (but doing this is very difficult for me)

What qualities do you most like and dislike in other people? What types do you get along with?
    I don't like people who put fashion and clothing as no. 1 priorities in their lives. I think they are shallow and obnoxious. I don't like passive-agressive people, or people who are afraid to say what they think (even though you know that deep down they want to tell you to fuck off). I don't like people who are short-sighted, mediocre and banal. I don't like people who are overconfident and aggressive, even though they are moronic and have no reason to be as confident as they are.
    I don't like any "type" of person. I could get along with anyone depending on the circumstances, even people who fit into one of the categories I described above.
    How do you feel about romance/sex? What qualities do you want in a partner?

Lmao. I'd rather not talk about this now.

If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what measures would you take, and why?

The most important thing for me would be to raise a curious, cultured, intelligent child. I would also like to instill values of responsibility and realism in my child.A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward and outward reaction?
    I generally get hot-headed and exalted in these moments and use a lot of arguments/persuasion to make them see that my opinion is what makes sense. People have called me arrogant because of this. When I'm sure of something, I'm very sure. My friends know how I am, so they generally don't get offended by my behavior. I love discussions, and I love making people understand what my opinion and perspective is.

Describe your relationship to society. How do you see people as a whole? What do you consider a prevalent social problem? Name one.

I think humans are like bees, and society is like a hive. The bees keep working on the hive with no clear purpose, except self-preservation. They don't ask themselves why they are there in the first place, they just work. Humans are apparently satisfied with the simplest things, and they just go along and live according to a system that was established before they were here. I think most people are mediocre and wish to live mediocre lives.

How do you choose your friends and how do you behave around them?
    I choose my friends based on our mutual interests. Music, movies, psychology, typology, philosophy, etc. I enjoy being part of a group, and for some odd reason, I am often seen as the "representative" of some groups, even though I have no intention of claiming this kind of title for myself. I am intense in discussions, pedantic and even obnoxious sometimes, but my friends know how to deal with me. I also have a weird sense of humor and make compliments at times.
    How do you behave around strangers?
    I try to be calm, collected and restrained. I can even be shy depending on the situation, but people have described me as reserved and distant most of the times.
    Last edited by Thelema; 01-22-2016 at 03:29 PM.

TIM
    LIE-Te; 7w6 sx
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENFj obvious is an obvious ENFj

Just kidding. I think you are likely Beta, and intuitive. Gotta love your comparison between humans and bees. Si PoLR and Fi ignoring can explain your answers. Also give a look into INFp and ISTj, though I also think your temperament is Ej
    Least likely, but possible, check ENTj and ESTp.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

LIE is my first impression
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

It's "not absurd" to hope be correctly typed by short questionnaire and without 50% of typing information like nonverbal behavior.
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...=1#post1096450

When you'll get much bullshit in your typology experience due to wrong typing - remember what was needed and is used by normal paid typers wich prefer to use videointerview, not primitive useless questionnaires.

TIM
    468 so/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    It's "not absurd" to hope be correctly typed by short questionnaire and without 50% of typing information like nonverbal behavior.
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...=1#post1096450

When you'll get much bullshit in your typology experience due to wrong typing - remember what was needed and is used by normal paid typers wich prefer to use videointerview, not primitive useless questionnaires.
    Lmao. Why are you so insistent and preachy about your typing methods? It's obnoxious. I've already said: I am not going to make a video. I can change my mind in the future, but right now I don't want to. You can try to persuade me, you can write a whole Bible about your views on Socionics, but it's a waste of time. All your arguments are based on your subjective experience. I don't want to know about that. I'm here to learn, and if at some point I decide that your method has merits (at the moment, I don't think it has), I'll post a video. Until then, just chill out and stop trying to lecture me.

@Maritsa @SheMaverick Thanks for the feedback. I've read about Model A, Functions and Quadras and I can say I'm definitely decisive, and I do relate to the Ej temperament. I'm seriously considering ENTj and ENFj. Well, Si PoLR describes my life. I could be something else, though, 'cause I don't fully relate to the image some descriptions give about these types.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Thelema "the not absurd one"
    No one paid typer for offline typing uses short idiotic questionnaire. In common, they prefer video or IRL meet, + normal questionnaire sometimes.
    If you think you have experience in typology to argue with those who handles the typology for years - you should be able to find your type yourself.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Thelema View Post
    Lmao. Why are you so insistent and preachy about your typing methods? It's obnoxious. I've already said: I am not going to make a video. I can change my mind in the future, but right now I don't want to. You can try to persuade me, you can write a whole Bible about your views on Socionics, but it's a waste of time. All your arguments are based on your subjective experience. I don't want to know about that. I'm here to learn, and if at some point I decide that your method has merits (at the moment, I don't think it has), I'll post a video. Until then, just chill out and stop trying to lecture me.

@Maritsa @SheMaverick Thanks for the feedback. I've read about Model A, Functions and Quadras and I can say I'm definitely decisive, and I do relate to the Ej temperament. I'm seriously considering ENTj and ENFj. Well, Si PoLR describes my life. I could be something else, though, 'cause I don't fully relate to the image some descriptions give about these types.
    It is a very good idea to read a broad range of descriptions because the truth is in the.middle I think. And Besides we don't know you that well except for what you tell us. We may observe any number of functions at interplay... We could see a role function and that may be very overly developed in you or we may see momentary qualities of a certain function yet since we don't know the tytypical you were can't say which is for sure. However over time things become glaring or obvious
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    468 so/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    It is a very good idea to read a broad range of descriptions because the truth is in the.middle I think. And Besides we don't know you that well except for what you tell us. We may observe any number of functions at interplay... We could see a role function and that may be very overly developed in you or we may see momentary qualities of a certain function yet since we don't know the tytypical you were can't say which is for sure. However over time things become glaring or obvious
    I agree. I don't think my current self-perception is 100% accurate or reliable. I'm sure it isn't. That's why I'm not going to stick with any typing for now. Some people think the study of personality is simple. I know it is not. If I read this questionnaire 5 years from now, maybe I'll think "why the hell did I write these crazy things about myself"? Who knows, lol. Self-perception is in flux, like everything is.

Anyway, thanks for the input.
    "If Will stops and cries Why, invoking Because, then Will stops & does nought. If Power asks why, then is Power weakness".