Thread: Member Questionnaire (Ailo)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Member Questionnaire (Ailo)

Member Questionnaire 1 (Ailo)
    What is beauty? What is love?
    I think beauty is somewhat problematic in a way. Because when you look at something and think it is beautiful, you think there are no flaws in it. Like a beautiful face, or a nice flower. You look at it and think it is perfect. And for something to be beautiful, other things have to be ugly. So it is basically a categorization on what is "good" and what is "bad". However, I think love is real, and when you love something, you accept it in spite of its flaws.
    What are your most important values?
    I can't really fully accurately answer that, because I value many things at the same time. I like being with friends. I like being surrounded by loved ones. I like feeling like I have done something. I kind of like telling jokes, so I suppose humor is a value. And I like to be honest. Yes, definitely honesty.
    Do you have any sort of spiritual/religious beliefs, and why do you hold (or don't) those beliefs in the first place?
    No I do not. Why should I?
    Opinion on war and militaries? What is power to you?
    I think war is incredibly stupid, and people who engage in war usually do so on account of a false belief that they are defending their country, which might have made sense in the past when country was familial, and war is between tribes but now it is completely idiotic in my opinion. What is power? I don't know. I don't know if it even should be a word. Does it mean autonomy? For me autonomy is important.
    What have you had long conversations about? What are your interests? Why?
    I had a long conversation with my friend about how I feel about certain issues, such as feelings about certain people. I am interested in people, and understanding how people talk to each other.
    Interested in health/medicine as a conversation topic? Are you focused on your body?
    Yes I am. I'm not super healthy, like perfect, but I do like to eat a lot of fruits and vegetables every day. Also I go on walks a lot. But I am not super physical, and I don't play sports/ am good at sports.
    What do you think of daily chores?
    I can do them. No problem. I tell myself I can't but I know I can.
    Books or films you liked? Recently read/watched or otherwise. Examples welcome.
    Films: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. Nights of Cabiria. Austin Powers: Goldmember.
    Books: On the Road. Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close.
    What has made you cry? What has made you smile? Why?
    I cried when I heard about people I know dying, even if I don't know them that well. I just feel bad for the people who knew them. Hearing a funny joke makes me laugh. I have a very odd sense of humor. For example I played Scattergories once and the question was "things that go well with chocolate" and my sister said "hot chocolate." That made me laugh for some reason. And then I was laughing later that day.
    Where do you feel: at one with the environment/a sense of belonging?
    On the beach, alone, relaxing, or with someone I know and really like. Or when I am in writing class, I think that gives me a sense of belonging.
    What have people seen as your weaknesses? What do you dislike about yourself?
    Shyness. I hate that I am shy. Also unwillingness to talk about myself, and generally being withdrawn. I hate that about myself. I also hate that I can't swim.
    What have people seen as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?
    Really good at learning languages and playing music and writing. Can be really funny. I know how to talk to people, and I am a nice kindly person in general.
    In what areas of your life would you like help?
    I don't really know. Getting a job? Making friends would be helpful, and recognizing social cues would also be useful. I am a little bit socially awkward.
    Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it.
    I just want to sit around and read short things, and I'll tell myself, okay, after I am finished doing that, I will do the assignment. And then I do something else and say, okay, after I am finished doing that, I will do the assignment. Then I get really stressed.
    What qualities do you most like and dislike in other people? What types do you get along with?
    I hate pretentious types of people who speak in this way that sounds like they're trying to be someone they are not. That always gets to me. Also people who are nice in a fake way.
    How do you feel about romance/sex? What qualities do you want in a partner?
    I don't totally understand romance. I've never actually been in a relationship.
    If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what measures would you take, and why?
    Don't drop the baby! feed him! Teach him words! I'm not sure, maybe I would make sure he has friends to play with (aside from basic things I mentioned earlier).
    A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward and outward reaction?
    I am nice to them and I accept them even though I disagree with them. I don't argue, but sometimes I tease my friend. Or I show curiosity.
    Describe your relationship to society. How do you see people as a whole? What do you consider a prevalent social problem? Name one.
    Family issues I think are a problem, and domestic violence, but also the fact that rich people are dominating the entire country is another.
    How do you choose your friends and how do you behave around them?
    My friends are nice honest people who tell the truth and they don't try to speak in a way that is pretentious. I like unique interesting people. I like to talk to them and ask them questions, like how was your day?, but I think that is mainly for politeness. If I know them very well I will tell them jokes.
    How do you behave around strangers?
    I look at them in the eye and see if I can get them to notice me, and I smile, or I ignore them.
    Last edited by Ailo; 01-18-2016 at 04:06 AM. Reason: *edit: replaced "don't disagree" with "disagree"

TIM
    LIE-Te; 7w6 sx
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Delta, likely ISTp or INFj
    Maybe ISFp