Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Types are 'Nice?'

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What Types are 'Nice?'

Which types are 'nice?' (Which aren't?) These are my relations with respect to this quality:

SLE (Clint Eastwood): Doesn't act nice, isn't.

LIE (Milton Friedman): Doesn't act nice, isn't. 'Pedant' intellectually.

LSE (Mitt Romney): Mildly nice.

EIE (Katy Perry): Acts nice, isn't.

IEE (Dr. Daniel Amen): Too nice; 'sappy.'

EII (Kate Winslett): Quite nice.

SLI (John Goodman): Neither nice nor not nice: plain, pedantic.

LII (Rene Descartes): plain emotionally, but highly intelligent.

LII (Francis Crick): plain; pedantic.

ILE (James Dyson): a little bit plain emotionally, but also highly intelligent.

IEI (Kevin Spacey): plain emotionally, but highly original

ILI (Max Cohen, 'Pi): jerk emotionally, but highly intelligent.

SEI (Bob Ross): Quite nice.

SEI (John Candy): The lazy form of nice.

SEE (John Belushi): Doesn't act nice, is/the lazy form of nice.

ESE (Reese Witherspoon): Too nice; 'sappy.'

ESE (Alyssa Milano, Sandra Bullock): Acts nice, is.

I'd like to hear your relations with respect to this quality as well...
    Last edited by jason_m; 01-15-2016 at 06:53 AM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You referring to what as "nice," exactly? Emotional warmth?

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OP, I think it's better to leave things like "niceness" to truly personality theoretic constructs like the Big 5. Socionics is somewhere at the interface of personality types and cognitive processing, namely where the former influences how one goes about the latter, and I think making associations like "alphas are nice" and "gammas aren't" starts limiting socionics greatly.

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

You typings are random therefore we need to determine what niceness really is.
    Also socionics is more about cognitive processes than behaviorism.

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not nice: typing Kate Winslet as her conflictor...
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chemical View Post
    OP, I think it's better to leave things like "niceness" to truly personality theoretic constructs like the Big 5. Socionics is somewhere at the interface of personality types and cognitive processing, namely where the former influences how one goes about the latter, and I think making associations like "alphas are nice" and "gammas aren't" starts limiting socionics greatly.
    I'd second this. Some people are nice and others are not, but there is no need to relate it to type.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy8419 View Post
    You referring to what as "nice," exactly? Emotional warmth?
    For me, it's friendliness (warmth is 'sappy'), but to each his own...

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult View Post
    It was hard to find a good example of someone who is famous of that type. Okay then, how about her character from 'Titanic.' Is that okay?

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jason_m View Post
    For me, it's friendliness (warmth is 'sappy'), but to each his own...
    Friendliness is what?

Banned
    TIM
    f a g g o t
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

None of them.

Fi/Te types will begrudge you indefinitely for the smallest of offenses. Fe/Ti types treat emotions like lines of crack and won't give two shits about who lives or dies so long as they feel good.
    Strong Se-valuers are the only successful people. Extrotrims are sociopaths who get all the pussy by stabbing random strangers in the bathtub. Introtrims sink into their own personal black holes until they decay via hawking radiation, at which point they draft up manifestos of their delusions before suicide bombing random office buildings.

TL;DR the strong will always grow stronger and the weak live to suck their cocks. No living human being has ever showed genuine love for any other.
    Your options are A) destroy everyone and everything around you in a berserker rage to the top, or B) end your life because know one will ever love you unless you're at the peak of the social pyramid.
    Last edited by Cerelict; 01-20-2016 at 07:48 PM.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chemical View Post
    and I think making associations like "alphas are nice" and "gammas aren't" starts limiting socionics greatly.
    yeah. but i think that association does fly around...

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Subject can't be separated from the object. Can't make judgments on types without considering the type of the judge.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

The types who exhibit the most "niceness" on purpose, by being overly helpful and gregarious, are mostly Type 2s.

Type 2, hence "niceness", is usually associated with – for most Type 2s are Fe ego types, esp. EIE and ESE.

On the second place for "niceness" is Type 9. Their "niceness" shows itself in the form of being rather accepting, easygoing, and not "rocking the boat". There is a certain neutralness about them; they are impartial, which makes people think they are "being nice", while it is their way of encountering the least resistance and being comfortable.

Most Type 9s are: SEI, EII, SLI.
    Last edited by Olimpia; 07-02-2018 at 01:29 PM.
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@inumbra well that is my point in using the example, it does fly around, but I don't think it's a useful way to use socionics.
    At the end of the day, instruments like the Big 5 do much better at modeling things like "niceness" IMHO. I see no advantage to using socionics for measuring stuff like that when there's decades of stats on the Agreeableness dimension!

And pretty soon it gets very silly -- so because you value structural logic and intuition of potential, you need to be above average in Agreeableness? WTF

I also bluntly reject the idea of ignoring personality-theory in relationship-dynamics and just using tools like socionics. Realistically, for quite a few people, how nice someone is actually makes an impact on their relationship more than does whether they prefer intuition of Time or intuition of Potential.

That said, socionics ideas can really help distinguish how two people with the same personality traits from the Big 5 think really differently and come up with different perspectives on many topics. So it can certainly also be highly instrumental to people getting along.
    Two Agreeable people with different and incompatible perspectives quite possibly won't get along even if they're both pleasant and softhearted...OTOH those traits may override the differences in perspectives.

So really I'd study and understand both and not try to explain one by the other too much.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

as "nice" most commonly may be called not openly aggressive people. kind (F) and quiet (I) = 4 types

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

This list seems kinda shallow... I wouldn't call Reese Witherspoon sappy or overly nice... like at all. She's actually really ambitious and logical and is using a nice girl act so people will buy her movies to make her own self stronger. Plus when she was pulled over, she gave a 'Do you know who I am!' speech of self-entitled importance.

Are you talking about pretention or the act of niceness as manipulation or do you mean genuine empathy?

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was hard to find a good example of someone who is famous of that type. Okay then, how about her character from 'Titanic.' Is that okay?
    It's way too long ago for me to remember what type she was playing in that movie, but most likely she would still portray herself, i.e. a vulnerable SLE.

Perhaps Joni Mitchell would be a good representative. However, probably too old for most youngsters here...
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's really worth understanding the F = nice thing comes from MBTI, not Jung or functions theory.
    The big difference is in MBTI, it was something along the lines of overlap between aspects of logic-feelings dichotomy and tough-tender.

In the Jungian school I'd say it's much more like the overlap between logic-feelings and stuff like the "is/ought" -- i.e. where the "ought" invokes a value-judgment.
    As a result, feeling types really did not have to be "nice" people, and logic-orientation didn't preclude someone being gentle.

Now, were the MBTI really measuring empirical dichotomies, i.e. where the results cluster on the extremes of the scale, then that would point to people who prefer logic to feelings almost always preferring toughness to tenderness.
    That is however not quite how it works, and is a gross stereotype. The distribution to the scales measured by instruments like the Big 5 or MBTI tends to allow for a significant middle-group (the MBTI crowd sometimes have shot themselves in the foot by not acknowledging this), meaning someone can go one direction in some ways and the other on others.
    The clustering is more saying that the various aspects of the scale share some common variance than that most people tend to fall on extremes.
    This simply means that the various aspects of a scale are related by a theoretically common strategy, but which is not one necessarily pursued in extreme ways, often balanced.

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Generally speaking, those with 3D R/E will be "nicest", due to them having norms (they know what "nice" is) and situationally transcending them. The 4D will be overboard to half the population. The 1D will be inept to half the population.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I've met 'nice' people and 'jerks' in every socionics type.

In the OP, I would say I'm rather 'plain' emotionally but still quite nice and intelligent too. So I could be LII (Descartes version), EII, SEI, or ILE.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ESE-Fi wins the nicest type hands down.

Clint Eastwood is a classic LSI-Se.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kill4Me View Post
    ESE-Fi wins the nicest type hands down.
    'ESE-Fi?' Do you mean ESE-Fe?

Clint Eastwood is a classic LSI-Se.
    That is somewhat subjective...

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

don't forget, though, that ESE niceness presents a double edged sword.... Donald Trump would be banned from participating if ESEs were in charge of political debate. ESEs would have an ethical issue over Trump's use of insults. Singers like Madonna might have been excluded from the music awards for their 'sociopathic narratives'....like when she gloated about torturing weaker kids in the neighborhood. ESE would see that as troubling, Fi subtype might let it go but Si wouldn't. ESEs hold personal values against singers when determining the quality of their music and then when somebody comes to his/her defense, it's the most typical of ESE to say something like "have you seen the stuff he/she's talked about in interviews?!" You also couldn't do too much in terms of criticizing others' work. I posted a video in the ILE examples section. It is of the Amazing Atheist. He does a movie review where he blasts the director's work. In ESE land, that constitutes harassment. Larry Flynt would have never got the supreme court decision he got had it been ESEs sitting on the supreme court, especially Si subtype. In ESE land, the stuff Larry Flynt published in playboy about Jerry Falwell would constitute Abuse. Fi subtype might not go as far but they would still be pulling their hair out over it. Si subtype is the more self-righteous version of ESE. Fortunately, ESEs are on a wavelength all of their own when it comes to their crazy ethics/humanism, but nevertheless their niceness comes at a price.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Kill4Me you probably imagine me doing these things, and are dead wrong.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Nice to strangers more than family LSE
    Nice to family more than strangers EII
    Nice overall ESE
    Oblivious and unaware but nice SEI
    Nice LII
    Nice ILE
    Actually standoffish but nice SLE
    In space but nice IEI
    Not nice LSI Hahahaha but polite and proper
    Reserved and aristocratic EIE
    Nice and active SEE
    Bossy but nice when they like you ILI
    Very affectionate and nice though temperamental LIE
    Not nice hahaha ESI
    Family loving but firm and capable of defending IEE
    Nice and usually reserved SLI

Oh EII come off cold and unemotional and favorite people individually according to who gets in their heart or circle by means of connecting sincerely and thus cold to most though caring and giving but super nice and loving to family
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    Nice to strangers more than family LSE
    You just had bad experience and wrong typing.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    You just had bad experience and wrong typing.
    No. It's not from bad experience. I see it every day. And LSE who never curses to the public, is professional, upright with good manners but will curse around family and their mate and children will be under control and scrutiny for their behavior, way they dress. You are never considerate of my experience and you frustrate me. You constantly think that I'm not EII when you haven't got the slightest sense about how to type.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult View Post
    hahahaha. yeah she's def beta ST, I would say LSI though

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kill4Me View Post
    don't forget, though, that ESE niceness presents a double edged sword.... Donald Trump would be banned from participating if ESEs were in charge of political debate. ESEs would have an ethical issue over Trump's use of insults. Singers like Madonna might have been excluded from the music awards for their 'sociopathic narratives'....like when she gloated about torturing weaker kids in the neighborhood. ESE would see that as troubling, Fi subtype might let it go but Si wouldn't. ESEs hold personal values against singers when determining the quality of their music and then when somebody comes to his/her defense, it's the most typical of ESE to say something like "have you seen the stuff he/she's talked about in interviews?!" You also couldn't do too much in terms of criticizing others' work. I posted a video in the ILE examples section. It is of the Amazing Atheist. He does a movie review where he blasts the director's work. In ESE land, that constitutes harassment. Larry Flynt would have never got the supreme court decision he got had it been ESEs sitting on the supreme court, especially Si subtype. In ESE land, the stuff Larry Flynt published in playboy about Jerry Falwell would constitute Abuse. Fi subtype might not go as far but they would still be pulling their hair out over it. Si subtype is the more self-righteous version of ESE. Fortunately, ESEs are on a wavelength all of their own when it comes to their crazy ethics/humanism, but nevertheless their niceness comes at a price.
    Kill4Me: I actually like/don't mind Trump, Madonna, Flynt and Falwell... That's why I'm not a straightfoward case of LII - i.e., 'LII-IEI'...

EDIT: E8s and me - we struggle - whether they're LSE or SLE; what is a straightfoward conversation to them, I feel blown out of the room by. I don't like it, but that's unfortunately the way it is. E7s I get along with, even E7w8 - and even if they're SLE or SEE. We're just sometimes unfortunately moth and the flame... (E2s I supervise...)
    Last edited by jason_m; 01-20-2016 at 05:11 AM.

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    294 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cerelict View Post
    None of them.

Fi/Te types will begrudge you indefinitely for the smallest of offenses. Fe/Ti types treat emotions like lines of crack and won't give two shits about who lives or dies so long as they feel good.
    Strong Se-valuers are the only successful people. Extrotrims are sociopaths who get all the pussy by stabbing random strangers in the bathtub. Introtrims sink into their own personal black holes until they decay via hawking radiation, at which point they draft up manifestos of their delusions before suicide bombing random office buildings.

TL;DR the strong will always grow stronger and the weak live to suck their cocks. No living human being has ever showed genuine love for any other.
    Your options are A) destroy everyone and everything around you in a berserker rage to the top, or B) end your life because know one will ever love you unless you're at the peak of the social pyramid.
    Not true. An Fi/Te type will analyze you and see if you have a good reason to be offensive, shrugging it off if there's a logical explanation. An Fe/Ti type will try not to offend you as they gather the info required to fit you into a category within their internal system. Once categorized they will either try to be your friend or distance themselves from you depending on if they viewed the category as good or bad. If pissed off the Fi/Te will mercilessly use any and all facts and logic they have and attempt to hurt you ideologically and make you feel like an idiot. The Fe/Ti will get manipulative and attempt to hurt you socially and/or guilt you into submission and otherwise try to make you feel like you're an asshole. That or they'll just punch ya, having a very bad day and desiring to punch someone you don't like in the face is a thing both axis can become familiar with.

In regards to love, well, it is possible to unconditionally love someone and that someone is children you have verified to be yours. There have also been many people who fell in love with another but were misguided in doing so. The sx instinct is a need and the more it is valued the more likely you are to make a mistake in that department assuming you're otherwise healthy in the head as such people, well, need that intimate connection and feel lost without it. People do fall in and express love towards one another, though you don't always get the happy ending everyone hopes for. Your viewpoint that they don't ever express it and that the weak only live to suck the cocks of the strong indicates a very bad experience of some kind regarding this subject. I don't know who they were, but bad apples will always exist within any population, I am sorry you seem to have bad luck in this regard.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

It is basically how you percieve others. For me that niceness varies a lot in terms of first impression. I can be very closed off or the opposite and it is hard... no... impossible to regulate.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Banned
    TIM
    f a g g o t
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    Is being nice really determined by type?

Some people act SUPER nice but are actually secret passive agressive bitches. I had an ESE coworker like this. When I met her I found it hard to believe that anyone could be so nice... turns out she just used it to manipulate people. She always had an agenda and she was actually a cunt.
    By that logic, isn't everyone a cunt? I can't imagine a person being friendly to everyone he met, all the time, even when his security was threatened. That....would expend a lot of energy, too much to ever be worth it.

Mermaid with Stellar views SyrupDeGem's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think IEE SEI EIE and ESE are all pretty 'nice'.... IEE & SEI are nice 1-2-1 and EIE & ESE are nice in groups...

Now this is a story all about how, my type got changed, turned upside down. Just wait for a minute and watch chatbox right there, & I'll tell how Gem became the moderator with blue hair.

In typology central friended and praised, on the picture thread was where she spent most her days. Chilling out, selfies, relaxing all cool, And all typing some people and getting them schooled.

When a couple of girls who were up to no good, Started annoying her & her friends in the forumhood, She got in one little flame war & got pissed off & said 'I'm moving in with that exboyfriend in the forum with the socionics toffs.

So Gem pulls up to the forum for a year without being a hater, And yells to typocentral 'Yo creeps! Smell Ya later', Became a mod in her kingdom she was finally there, To sit on her throne as the mod with blue hair.

InvisibruJim

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by End View Post
    An Fi/Te type will analyze you and see if you have a good reason to be offensive, shrugging it off if there's a logical explanation. An Fe/Ti type will try not to offend you as they gather the info required to fit you into a category within their internal system. Once categorized they will either try to be your friend or distance themselves from you depending on if they viewed the category as good or bad. If pissed off the Fi/Te will mercilessly use any and all facts and logic they have and attempt to hurt you ideologically and make you feel like an idiot. The Fe/Ti will get manipulative and attempt to hurt you socially and/or guilt you into submission and otherwise try to make you feel like you're an asshole. That or they'll just punch ya, having a very bad day and desiring to punch someone you don't like in the face is a thing both axis can become familiar with.
    Honestly, I think you have Fi/Te and Fe/Ti mixed up.

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    294 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Olduvai View Post
    Honestly, I think you have Fi/Te and Fe/Ti mixed up.
    Logically, all other things being equal your extrovert function is your "weapon" socially and the introverted side is why you decided to use it as it were. hates idiots because says they're wrong (even if they're actually right, isn't always the best indicator of that). wants the opponent to feel bad because they're so obviously contradicting themselves according to (or so it thinks, isn't omniscient thought that would be a goal for it to achieve)..

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILE (James Dyson): a little bit plain emotionally, but also highly intelligent.
    He is so darn intelligent, that he first invents a problem, and then a solution, preferably a very expensive one. Completely passes by the emotional side of any problem.

TIM
    ESI 693 Sp/Sx
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fe users always seem nicer superfacially. Even Fe-PoLRs like friendly people.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yours Truly View Post
    Fe users always seem nicer superfacially. Even Fe-PoLRs like friendly people.
    F types in average understand better how to be pleasant (Fi). When they want.
    IR are also significant.

TIM
    ESI 693 Sp/Sx
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    F types in average understand better how to be pleasant (Fi). When they want.
    IR are also significant.
    Isn't knowing how to be pleasant more Fe than Fi?

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

maybe but its a question of "knowing how" which any F type will "know how" in the sense that their F is strong, regardless of which attitude is valued. in essence they have the ability to be pleasant when they want to, whereas sometimes T types have trouble creating pleasant emotional atmospheres even when they really want to. also Fe doesn't have exclusive domain over emotional pleasantry, mainly because Fe often rubs people the wrong way even when trying its best, because of how Fe goes about doing it. Its sort of like how Te types can "get the job done" but Ti types might still hate it, because its done in a way they find all sorts of problems or inaccuracies with. this is the problem with "fakeness" in general

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast