Thread: Hi.

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Hi.

Hi, I am from Russia. I read information about socionics from time to time for many years.
    On the other hand, i study English last time. And i am curious about what people from others countries think about socionics.
    That's why i am on your forum now.

Some words about me:
    I was programmist for a long time, got higher education.
    Another my hobbie is yoga.
    My sociotype is Gabin(SLI). It was determined on the meeting of socionics group in my city. And after all i am sure it is correct.

Will be glad to take part in life of this forum.

Mentioned
    387 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AlexV View Post
    It was determined on the meeting of socionics group in my city. And after all i am sure it is correct.
    If you prefer others were sure too, you are welcome to be typed in the forum
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...=1#post1096450
    Types examples: video bloggers, actors

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Hello. You are indeed SLI.

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    If you prefer others were sure too, you are welcome to be typed in the forum
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...=1#post1096450
    I think that typing in real world face to face is usually more valid then in internet.
    But type me if you want

Maritsa, hello.I am glad that you have no doubt about my type.

Mentioned
    387 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I think that typing in real world face to face is usually more valid then in internet
    The problem is - there is no basis to trust typing of others today, as: 1) no one has objectively proved high typing accuracy, 2) everybody (or almost so) has low typing match (<50%), so that one types badly from your point of view. Such % is in correct typing conditions when people don't know beforhand others' versions of a type, and would be good if typers don't see the typing process by other typers as they may guess their version.
    So there is no basis to trust seriously someone's opinion about your type. There is basis to trust in typing only to yourself.

Now about IRL typing vs offline video typing. There was experiment of IRL typing wich gave average match 17% (if to calculate its results correctly by its raw data). It's very low to think IRL typing is good, just because it's IRL. There was offline video typing to compare: average match 14-18%. It's rather close, as you may see. So you have comparative interest to get opinions about your type from forum's members.

But type me if you want
    Video interview is needed (in your typing theme).
    Types examples: video bloggers, actors

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

The problem is - there is no basis to trust typing of others today, as: 1) no one has objectively proved high typing accuracy, 2) everybody (or almost so) has low typing match (<50%), so that one types badly from your point of view. Such % is in correct typing conditions when people don't know beforhand others' versions of a type, and would be good if typers don't see the typing process by other typers as they may guess their version.
    So there is no basis to trust seriously someone's opinion about your type. There is basis to trust in typing only to yourself.

Now about IRL typing vs offline video typing. There was experiment of IRL typing wich gave average match 17% (if to calculate its results correctly by its raw data). It's very low to think IRL typing is good, just because it's IRL. There was offline video typing to compare: average match 14-18%. It's rather close, as you may see. So you have comparative interest to get opinions about your type from forum's members.

You can tell visually.

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you type good ?
    I agree that in IRL they did not ask me questions. But as i can see now, i demonstrated Role T and limiting F.
    And i also communnicated there with ILE (his type was proven later by interview) and EII and i liked it.
    Later i also communnicated with different people of EII type and i also liked it.
    In this case, i ready to be typed, but only if it is free of charge.
    Another complication is that i speak basically russian and it will be hard for you to understand me.
    Last edited by AlexV; 01-14-2016 at 07:50 PM.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Do you type good ?
    What is the difference between typing by socionics in real life (suppose it will be you) and typing by video?
    I agree that they may have less qualification of typing than you. In this case, i ready to be typed, but only if it is free of charge.
    Another complication is that i speak basically russian and it will be hard for you to understand me.
    sol is Russian.

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome. You will find that on these forums, "Socionics" is very much a conglomeration of various schools of thought on Socionics. Also, much of the information on Socionics was very poor when a lot of people first started studying Socionics. As a result, I would guess that 50% of the Socionics in the west is based upon popularized stereotypes without an original source for such, other than typing people with low information years ago.

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome. Don't say ******.

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy8419 View Post
    Welcome. You will find that on these forums, "Socionics" is very much a conglomeration of various schools of thought on Socionics. Also, much of the information on Socionics was very poor when a lot of people first started studying Socionics. As a result, I would guess that 50% of the Socionics in the west is based upon popularized stereotypes without an original source for such, other than typing people with low information years ago.
    Hi. Maybe there is some inconvinience becouse there is MBTI widespread in western countries. And you try to combine both approaches, sometimes with confusion in terms.
    For Russia MBTI is not so widely used, we mostly based on socionics.

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi. Maybe there is some inconvinience becouse there is MBTI widespread in western countries. And you try to combine both approaches, sometimes with confusion in terms.
    For Russia MBTI is not so widely used, we mostly based on socionics.
    Yes. This is true.

Although the resources of socionics are increasing dramatically, most people learned about it at a young age when information was scarce. The people built foundations of knowledge on inadequate information. This is combined with poor understanding of people and poor understanding of logic. When you combine all of these things, you end up with a Western system that was mainly the product of highschool children teaching other highschool children. You may find good information here created by the West, but it will be difficult to sort through it.

In the Western Communities, I have probably taken the theories farther than most. I can link you to a few posts of mine, if you wish. I've also, similar to what I posted on SSS, have applied the theory in various high-level ways, though I don't recommend practicing them.

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy8419 View Post
    Yes. This is true.

Although the resources of socionics are increasing dramatically, most people learned about it at a young age when information was scarce. The people built foundations of knowledge on inadequate information. This is combined with poor understanding of people and poor understanding of logic. When you combine all of these things, you end up with a Western system that was mainly the product of highschool children teaching other highschool children. You may find good information here created by the West, but it will be difficult to sort through it.

In the Western Communities, I have probably taken the theories farther than most. I can link you to a few posts of mine, if you wish. I've also, similar to what I posted on SSS, have applied the theory in various high-level ways, though I don't recommend practicing them.
    It would be interesting to read your posts, if it is not a large mass of information. I still read russian faster then english

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At bottom

metaphysical post at bottom

second to last post. Socionics vs reality

I would have more, as I occasionally make posts of value, but I never save reference to them.

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, you can usually use translate.google.com

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting posts, Jeremy.
    All is subjective. But somehow in this life we come to objective things.

Life is routine, and every day is subroutine (c)

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting posts, Jeremy.
    All is subjective. But somehow in this life we come to objective things.

Life is routine, and every day is subroutine (c)
    Yup yup. If you need anything during your stay, just let me know.

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jeremy, thanks.