Thread: solving hyper sensitivity

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Default solving hyper sensitivity

I find that EII, me especially, get very hypersensitive and I start to cry when things don't go as planned and things get thrown out of track. I know that stability is important to me because of my temperament however I should see past things sometimes. I should not cry that I WANTED to put up something in the wall that didn't come out right because I did the best I could with the tools I have. Yet I find that the level of stress and frustrating that it creates overwhelming because things didn't go as planned or expected

How should I relax about things?

Last edited by Beautiful sky; 01-11-2016 at 08:40 PM.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    I find that EII, me especially, get very hypersensitive not I start to cry when things don't go as planned and things get thrown out of track. I know that stability is important to me because of my temperament however I should see past things sometimes. I should not cry that I WANTED to put up something in the wall that didn't come out right because I did the best I could with the tools I have. Yet I find that the level of stress and frustrating that it creates overwhelming because things didn't go as planned or expected

How should I relax about things?

Probably should have titled this "emotional sensitivity" or something. Thought it would be about hypersensitivity to stimuli, which is something I have.

This is about lowering your expectations to a realistic level. You have to take factors of negativity into account, such as tools and knowledge, predict the outcomes based on such, and be okay with them.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I get frustrated about things not going to plan too and it helps to try to focus on the big picture, how it still could (will be!) done but not at this moment. It's where Ni can be really helpful. Also taking stock of how much of a priority it actually is or diverting my attention to something else that i want to do so i don't feel as stuck or useless.

netflix and don't touch me Emmym's Avatar
    TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Try to be a little more objective. This comes a bit easier to me, maybe due to subtype? I can usually find the bright side of a situation (or just a reason to chill), even if part of me is still depressed about it (and refuses to be consoled). I try to take every "failure" as a learning experience, though sometimes something just sucks and you're entitled to cry about it. I don't want to give any advice that would encourage becoming less in touch with yourself and how you function best. Also, Mari, I might be moving out to your area(ish) later this year. We need to hang out!!
    someday the grapes will be wine
    and someday you will be mine

EII-Ne 2w3 - 9w1 - 7w8 so/sx

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Emmym View Post
    Also, Mari, I might be moving out to your area(ish) later this year. We need to hang out!!
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    Delta NF
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's so stressful when things do not go as expected. It feels like many things become out of your reach or are out of your control. What do you normally do to cope and relax?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rien View Post
    It's so stressful when things do not go as expected. It feels like many things become out of your reach or are out of your control. What do you normally do to cope and relax?
    Eat ice cream, take a walk, cry, complain, eat cookies,
    -

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I find a "fuck you, challenge, I will figure the fuck out of you" approach works well in dealing with problems initially beyond your grasp or feeling of competence.

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heard this once, say "so what?" to yourself during such situations

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i feel like crying when there are too many people around and they're all talking at once. and the things i like to do like pile books or monitor stands around myself or leave are things i can't often do. *dreams of own cubicle*