Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dreamer
    If that is so, what about the relations? And functions? WHO's MY SOUL MATE?
    ESTx, the Showman. Think Donald Trump, a creator of catchphrases and social demonstrations, spectacles.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But another one I know, more likely an Extraverted Intution subtype, is very easy going, and one of the sweetest, calmsest, most down to earth and playful persons you'll come across. She likes to play, but has her values. She likes virility in men, and doesn't mind being feminine. I could see her being 'attracted' to an ESTp type, but she'd know enough not to really get involved with them. The bad boy/virility type is appealing, because it contrasts her yielding feminine side -- she enjoys being feminine.
    Hmmmmm. Interesting.

How many people can you be in a relationship (on an emotional level) at once? Do you ever linger a lot? Do you enjoy such lingering? Do you enjoy (though perhaps passive aggressively) the drama that such situations create, of indecision and wonder? Or do you prefer firm decisions to be made so that you get out of those situations, the sooner the better?
    At once? A dating relationship? I am opposed to uhm cheating but if you mean before the relationship is established, then I usually have one main one in mind but a lot of others that I'm interested in but not as much as the main one. You know? I don't like to be attracted to just one person. I feel vulnerable then. I do enjoy lingering, a lot. I do enjoy passive aggressive until something gets stepped on and I feel offended, then I act aggressive. But if I'm not threatened and you're not using me, I don't mind being the one who needs to be cared for or whatever. I do enjoy that sorta drama. Firm decisions bores me. But there is a line and after a while of lingering, I like to move on if there's not much happiness coming from it, you know. If it's painful, I'd stop lingering and move on. But I need him to tell me he's not interested so I don't linger and wonder. I need that sort of establishment. But last time, I lingered for like three years so...but I do get tired of it.

But I'm very attracted to ESTPs and no, I don't know any better. Perhaps when I'm older... Perhaps I'm underdeveloped. Like I'm imagining my life with an ESTP, and I think I'd be a lot happier and more in love except I'd feel unstable perhaps...because I do need a sort of security and my mama always warn me about boys like those ESTPs... hmm...but if I can create that sort of security myself... like with ESTJs, I'd be annoyed if he keeps telling me to clean up or whatever, or like remain on schedule...or rush me or plan things to the last minute...

Like with ESTPs, I don't feel like they're sucking away my energy. In fact, I feel energized being with them like everything will be okay (shitty life). It's when I'm not with them or him that I feel like I can't go on...get negative...and such...low energy...
    INFP

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

something i think miss k said once that made a lot of sense to me: if both descriptions don't quite sound like you, maybe you're neither INFj nor INFp.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Problem is I fit both, it's like two sides of me almost.
    And also, I'm def. I, N and F so... I can't be anything else.
    INFP

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How old are you, Dreamer?

don't take this the wrong way, but you just might be a typical teenager. Girls get googly and idealize the protype male of their dreams, and then it takes a few situations to get adjusted with reality. I think rationality is very visible in how you react to reality.

Are you more into what feels good at the momet? Oh, if this person loves me the most right now, then I have to be with them, even if for right now, because they lvoe me the most and I guess I love them the most? Or...... are you making your judgements based on ethics, and charcter, and commitment, etc. If you're still young, then just throw all this out the window, because you are still developing your paradigm on relationships, and your rationality might not be clear, especially if your an introvert

And, type stuff while in highschool, well, that's just a mess. I wouldn't even go there, especially when it comes to determining other people's types
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Without considering your 'ideal partner' or type,
    without considering romance and relationships

which would you rather be?
    INFj or INFp?

If you could never be in a relaitonship, which 'personality' would you like? What profiles sound most appealing to you?

Why don't you make selections from various type profilles, and cut and paste here some of the things taht really connect with you? That might be a good idea. There is a good list of profiles in the GD sticky threads.
    (before you post -- useful links)
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP II
    Are you more into what feels good at the momet? Oh, if this person loves me the most right now, then I have to be with them, even if for right now, because they lvoe me the most and I guess I love them the most?
    Another masterpiece of bullshit, because otherwise perceiving couples counldn't exist. When my feelings are there they're strong and durable guy, they just don't show easily. Read some descriptions and get a clue.

I DO MAKE ETHICAL JUDGEMENTS too! Get this in your head! It's not realted to functions!!
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm 17 so yeah, I am thinking perhaps I still need some development. I just hate waiting for anything. I want to know NOW.

Do everyone understand me when I say...
    online, I'm more comfortable expressing my feelings, perhaps so in the chatroom, everyone thinks I'm INFP.

But...in real life, I control myself more so I'm not as excitable so perhaps then I'd be more .

Someone said to me that INFJs' moods are pretty constant.
    Well, my moods are pretty chaotic, I can go from happy to sad to happy to sad to happy to sad within a day. That could be teenage-angst too.

I don't really know which one I want to be.
    I like attention but only positive attention and only with those I know. Like if I'm with a bunch of close friends and no one's paying attention to me, I'd be like yo, look over here. But that's pretty much everyone, perhaps.

I care a lot about acceptance too and I please (be friendly with) people to a certain level to gain a sort of respect, acceptance.

INFJ:

INFjs do not show intense positive emotions, instead they simply smile. (TRUE. I HARDY EVER GET MAD AND SHOW IT IN MY FACE. I KEEP IT INSIDE. I LAUGH A LOT AND SMILE A LOT IF IM COMFORTABLE AND AMUSED.)

Their faces convey the feeling that their soul is suffering even when it is not. (I CAN SENSE WHEN I HAVE THAT FACE ON LIKE OMG, I'M SUFFERING ON THE INSIDE WHEN REALLY I'M JUST A BIT BORED.)

They rarely push, shout or show aggressiveness. Instead they punish offenders by completely ignoring them until they realise their mistakes and apologise. (sometimes if they don't get why I'm mad, I tell them in a kinda cold manner and I have been told that that makes them feel really bad.)

They do everything carefully, paying great attention to the quality of their labour. (NOT REALLY) INFjs demand cleanliness and order. At home they tend to keep everything tidy, carefully storing their belonging, especially females INFjs. (A BIT, YEAH) They like a calm and measured style of life and therefore try to prepare and anticipate everything beforehand, often making them quite reliable. (YEA. RELIABLE AS IN I'D BE THERE IF I SAY I WILL BUT MOST TIMES, I AM A FEW MINUTES LATE.)
    INFP

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You seem like a young INFj girl, or a very mature INFp. I still feel a little more INFj from you, though..

We'll see, though, if you go over the INFp profiles and find anything you like.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INFP:

They often have a very noticeable shy grin that appears when they worried or excited, or when someone focuses other's attention on them. (YEA)

INFps have a very good understanding of harmony and know well how to successfully combine clothes and accessories, resulting in their characteristic, elegant appearance. (I LIKE HARMONY IN MY OUTFITS)

They are also inclined to small talk. (NO)
    INFps are inclined to make empty promises, always finding excuses to justify their lack of responsibility. They like to make others aware of their lack or practicality. (NOT AT ALL)(IF I BREAK A PROMISE, IT'S BECAUSE I FORGOT BUT I WOULD NEVER DO IT ON PURPOSE AND I DON'T THINK I DO IT TOO OFTEN EITHER WAY)

With strangers INFps behave gallantly and tactfully, showing good manners and education. However among friends and family they can be very up front sometimes behaving frivolously. At home INFps can be very frivolous and capricious, showing great stubbornness in getting what they want, sometimes creating dramas and scenes. These emotional outbursts are usually short and disappear without consequences. (YUP. WITH STRANGERS, I'M VERY POLITE BUT WITH MY FAMILY AND CLOSE FRIENDS, I WANT WHAT I WANT AND I WANT IT NOW. ONCE I FEEL COMFORTABLE, I LIKE THINGS MY WAY IF I FEEL STRONGLY ABOUT IT.)

They find it difficult to refuse their whimsical desires. This can often lead them into financial difficulties and can result in them having to borrow money if they do not have sufficient money reserves. (YUP. TRUE. IF YOU GIVE ME FORTY BUCKS, I'D SPEND ALMOST EVERY PENNY. IT'S NOT LIKE I'D BUY ONE THING FOR FORTY BUCKS, I'LL LIKELY BUY A LOT OF THINGS FOR FORTY BUCKS...)

In fact, people who show concern about INFps health and well being and who listen to their problems are very much appreciated. (YEAH. TRUE BUT I DON'T COMPLAIN ABOUT MY HEALTH THAT OFTEN. I LIKE TO TALK ABOUT PROBLEMS THOUGH AND LISTEN TO THEIR SOLUTIONS BECAUSE I HAVE NO CLUE)

I asked my friends if I am rational or irrational last night and my friends all said rational but my best friend said I could be both. Then I asked them if I was structured and my friends said no and my best friend said she had no comment. *shrugs*

You are a very romantic person and have an excellent imagination. (VERY TRUE) Sometimes you show great feeling for people and may often idealise others. (TRUE)

Seems like I'm more practical than the average INFP but I'm not as practical as an INFJ I don't think. I'm not sloppy but I never try to reach perfection. Even with my number one passion; writing, I don't draft everything seven times and edit it again and again for it to be perfect, three is about the most. I am hardworking though and I do feel obligated so I don't blow off responsibilities although if I have too much, I'd scream. I don't like that sort of pressure. I'd love to do whatever I want to do and not worry about other people.

I have a friend who's INFP and I don't know her subtype but she's depressed and tired a lot, she's not great with returning phone calls, or paying attention when other people talk, even to her, she is just very happy and cute and I think she's adorable, she never really loses her temper, very playful and flirty. She's great to have around and I see her as a little sister. I'm like somewhere between my ESFJ friend and her so I thought it's probably likely that I'm INFJ but perhaps Im just a different type of INFP.
    INFP

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INFps have a very good understanding of harmony and know well how to successfully combine clothes and accessories, resulting in their characteristic, elegant appearance. (I LIKE HARMONY IN MY OUTFITS)
    The INFjs I know are like that too.

But you could very well be INFp. It isn't very clear right now. I imagine it will become more clear over time. You could be a very N subtype Fj, or maybe a more structured F subtype Fp. I don't know.

Talk to expat about temperments, maybe that will help.

Also, consider how the rest of the types in your family and immediate upbringing impacted yourself. And I think the more you study socionics in general, it might become more clear.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dreamer
    The one thing I admire about ESTPs is their ability to hide their vulnerable side in a way that most people can't and be all manly and tough even though on the inside, there's turmoil. *drools*
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12