View Poll Results: I type myself...

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • By what functions I have.

6 33.33%
  • By what functions I value in a person.

2 11.11%
  • Both

8 44.44%
  • None of the above...

2 11.11%

Thread: How do you type Yourself?

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default How do you type Yourself?

?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I had my mom tell me what things she observed about me and the first thing she said was "you're not organized." Then she said "you love people and want to help whenever you get the chance." Then she said "you're quiet and withdrawn in your own world." She said of the choices you are EII.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I liken my approach to Ptolemy's model of the Solar System: Ptolemy knew the exact position of every planet as it revolved around the Sun. However, he did not know how the planets actually revolved to make the Solar System what it is. My typing system is sort of the same: I know how I relate to every type in the socion, but I don't know what the overall system looks like - or even which 'planet' I really am; I only identify myself based on how the 'planets revolve around me' (i.e., how I relate to people)...

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

> By what functions I value in a person.

It's part of intertype relations wich are very useful for typing others and yourself.
    And to type without thinking about wich functions are in ego, strong/weak, valued of a typed human (yourself too) would be strange.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Kind of the opposite of #2, I type myself based on the functions of other people that I don't like. =D

Like when my sister goes on Te rants I totally drain her out, I completely ignore her- my body only responds negatively to it.

She's superficially like an IEI but I just realized she's too good & comfortable around Te to ever be an IEI.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    > By what functions I value in a person.

It's part of intertype relations wich are very useful for typing others and yourself.
    And to type without thinking about wich functions are in ego, strong/weak, valued of a typed human (yourself too) would be strange.
    That's how I do it... My type is based solely on which functions I value/don't value and how I fit into the relations. Who I am - my ego functions - I completely ignore...

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jason_m View Post
    My type is based solely on which functions I value/don't value and how I fit into the relations. Who I am - my ego functions - I completely ignore...
    For typing yourself it's also useful to understand what functions you have as strong and weak.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I write 16 types on little papers and I place them in a jar. Then I shake it x close my eyes and pick one.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    I write 16 types on little papers and I place them in a jar. Then I shake it x close my eyes and pick one.
    That's a good way of typing one's self

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Based on how type descriptions fit my behavior.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

bye now
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

By what I'm drawn to.
    good bye

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Typing myself is a combination of the following:

Determining what positions in Model A each function is located.
    How I relate and don't relate to other people.
    What I like in other people and what bothers me in others.
    What is important to me and not so important to me (ties into valued functions)
    What naturally comes easy to me vs. what is more difficult for me (ties into dimensionality)
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I don't. My valet does it for me.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@jason_m Not trying to sound overly nitpicky, but in the poll as the first option you say "by the functions I have." Everyone has all 8 functions, it's just a matter of how they are positioned in Model A. I figure that's what you meant, but the phrasing of it might confuse some beginner in socionics to believe that we have some functions and lack others.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

By order processing.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chips and underwear View Post
    @jason_m Not trying to sound overly nitpicky, but in the poll as the first option you say "by the functions I have." Everyone has all 8 functions, it's just a matter of how they are positioned in Model A. I figure that's what you meant, but the phrasing of it might confuse some beginner in socionics to believe that we have some functions and lack others.
    Well, I can't edit the poll, but in the first option I mean by what ego functions one has. In the second, by what ego-functions one values/doesn't value in another person. The third and fourth options then explain themselves...

Banned
    TIM
    f a g g o t
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Based on what others tell me. Introspection can be vulnerable to personal blind spots. I don't trust myself to be objective.

For me, it's never been about understanding myself or my motivations. It's about understanding how my mental machinery works, so I can better adapt to the chaotic world around me.