View Poll Results: do you have a daily routine?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, almost always

6 46.15%
  • Yes, most days

6 46.15%
  • Sometimes

0 0%
  • Never

0 0%
  • Other - Green Days/Pink Days - will explain in thread

1 7.69%

Thread: Do you have a daily routine?

TIM
    Si 6 spsx
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Do you have a daily routine?

... a habitual way of how you go about your day?

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I started drinking an energy drink and smoking on my way to work. Now, on my days off, I wake up and get dressed, go drive around drinking an energy drink and smoking for 30 minutes, then I go home lol.

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, I do the exact same thing practically every morning. It changes only when I have to change it.

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

coffee, cigarette, coffee, cigarette.. life ... urgh.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Satan View Post
    coffee, cigarette, coffee, cigarette.. life ... urgh.
    Lol. Same without cigs.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

i find questions like this confusing. to me i have habits, but i have no qualms about breaking them. but i wouldn't say i really have routine.

curiously now days first thing in the morning i check my mail - before coffee or cigarettes or going to the toilet or anything even.

but then, at some point i tend to roll a cigarette, then boil the jug, then pee, then do something or other then make a coffee, then have cigarette and coffee...

the something or other and point before rolling cigarette tend to vary in duration. it takes me a while to wake up in mornings. but i always feel pre-cigarette things are pretty cloudy.

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

How is it even possible to not have a daily routine if you need to start working at 8h30?... Which implies you need to leave at 8h from your place, and wake up at at least 7h30 to get ready...
    I do have a fucking morning routine from Monday to Friday, I wish I wouldn't though.

TIM
    LSI-Se
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shit. Shower. Shave. Drink my coffee, cook breakfast (eggs, meat, toast, more coffee), try to shit before my shower to be extra clean. Floss/brush teeth, mouthwash. Put my hair up out of my face, drive to work. If I'm going out I put make up on but I work a labor job and don't put make up on for that. When I'm dancing I need like 2 hours to get ready to look like a hot chick. I stopped going to the gym, up until 4 months ago I would work out 4 hours a day plus tanning and sauna. Going to get my membership back, put on 30 pounds since I quit smoking 3 packs a day. I also used to drink every day and I quit that as well. My old routine was really hard on my body, I'd train on the pole and hit the gym everyday but I did hard drugs and drinking and worked 2 shifts a day. FUCK. THAT. SHIT. lmao.
    LSI-Se 836 Sp/Sx

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

i don't plan routines or have any special love for them, but i easily slip into them like a worn down path in the grass.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LSI Stripper View Post
    Shit. Shower. Shave. Drink my coffee, cook breakfast (eggs, meat, toast, more coffee), try to shit before my shower to be extra clean. Floss/brush teeth, mouthwash. Put my hair up out of my face, drive to work. If I'm going out I put make up on but I work a labor job and don't put make up on for that. When I'm dancing I need like 2 hours to get ready to look like a hot chick. I stopped going to the gym, up until 4 months ago I would work out 4 hours a day plus tanning and sauna. Going to get my membership back, put on 30 pounds since I quit smoking 3 packs a day. I also used to drink every day and I quit that as well. My old routine was really hard on my body, I'd train on the pole and hit the gym everyday but I did hard drugs and drinking and worked 2 shifts a day. FUCK. THAT. SHIT. lmao.
    Yet, you're still alive.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Wake up, apply a ton of lotion, have my meds, get coffee, sit down and plan what I will be doing in that day, clean home if it's a cleaning day, go do my thing, in the evening shower
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Wake up, jerk off, get out of bed, maybe shit/piss, shower/shave/brush teeth etc., eat breakfast and out the door I go.

TIM
    LSI-Se
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mega View Post
    Yet, you're still alive.
    Alive and well.
    LSI-Se 836 Sp/Sx

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mega View Post
    Yet, you're still alive.
    LOL

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LSI Stripper View Post
    Tanning for 2 years K.O.'d my skin. I had multiple severe sun-burns as a kid. Adding the years of tanning on it, I basically can't tan naturally or artificially without basically definitely getting skin cancer (per dermatologist biopsies).

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i go to work on a repeating 5 day schedule. i usually get up about 1 hour before to get ready as quickly as possible, sometimes later, sometimes earlier. 1/2 hour of that hour is spent actually getting to work and it's one of those places in which you really must be on time. what i do depends on how much time i have which depends on when i managed to drag myself out of bed.

once work is over, i leave. i usually go home and shut myself away so i can wriggle out of my death shroud. sometimes it takes a lot of wriggling.

people have recommended i establish a routine before and i find myself in an ambivalent place about it. for one, routines are not really how i do things; but i also acknowledge that my ability to do *anything* has declined to practically nil, and there's a small chance that if i could successfully get myself to do the same thing at the same time every day (as much as it makes me cringe) that it could just maybe help me build some self-discipline.

another path is to use people, which i've been considering... /

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by inumbra View Post
    i go to work on a repeating 5 day schedule. i usually get up about 1 hour before to get ready as quickly as possible, sometimes later, sometimes earlier. 1/2 hour of that hour is spent actually getting to work and it's one of those places in which you really must be on time. what i do depends on how much time i have which depends on when i managed to drag myself out of bed.

once work is over, i leave. i usually go home and shut myself away so i can wriggle out of my death shroud. sometimes it takes a lot of wriggling.

people have recommended i establish a routine before and i find myself in an ambivalent place about it. for one, routines are not really how i do things; but i also acknowledge that my ability to do *anything* has declined to practically nil, and there's a small chance that if i could successfully get myself to do the same thing at the same time every day (as much as it makes me cringe) that it could just maybe help me build some self-discipline.

another path is to use people, which i've been considering... /
    Guess that rules out getting an outfit ready the night before too, right? Lol

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy8419 View Post
    Guess that rules out getting an outfit ready the night before too, right? Lol
    ugh. i hope i don't have to go point by point. you were most definitely joking (sorry). but no, i've never done that except for when i was a little kid dreaming of being popular. and even then it wasn't at all a routine, but just whims. but i can imagine what i'll wear the next day and do, and i might change my mind the actual next day anyway. so it's not that i'm not thinking about the things that are the skeleton of an actual routine.

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ugh. i hope i don't have to go point by point. you were most definitely joking. but no, i've never done that except for when i was a little kid dreaming of being popular. and even then it wasn't at all a routine, but just whims. but i can imagine what i'll wear the next day and do, and i might change my mind the actual next day anyway. so it's not that i'm not thinking about the things that are the skeleton of an actual routine.
    I usually won't get clothes ready, but as a guy, I will often shave the night before if I sense I will have a hard time getting up the next morning. Similarly, I may double up on cat food for my cats, or get my lunch together, the night before. Nothing you could divert to the night before sometimes?

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy8419 View Post
    I usually won't get clothes ready, but as a guy, I will often shave the night before if I sense I will have a hard time getting up the next morning. Similarly, I may double up on cat food for my cats, or get my lunch together, the night before. Nothing you could divert to the night before sometimes?
    my problem is unfathomable to most people. if you are not here, you cannot help me.

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my problem is unfathomable to most people. if you are not here, you cannot help me.
    What about calling and leaving your boss a voicemail saying you're going to be sick the night before? Lol

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Satan View Post
    i find questions like this confusing. to me i have habits, but i have no qualms about breaking them. but i wouldn't say i really have routine.

curiously now days first thing in the morning i check my mail - before coffee or cigarettes or going to the toilet or anything even.

but then, at some point i tend to roll a cigarette, then boil the jug, then pee, then do something or other then make a coffee, then have cigarette and coffee...

the something or other and point before rolling cigarette tend to vary in duration. it takes me a while to wake up in mornings. but i always feel pre-cigarette things are pretty cloudy.
    Hmm. Like your post because I can see how I have a more fixed routine than that but if relevant circumstances change, my routine will easily change too.

In the morning, I have an idea of how the day is going to go* then I start the first routine: I get out of bed and do certain things as "first thing", always these things as first, then I go and do a few other things where I can switch the exact order around because they are very close to each other in time/location, these things are always the same things too otherwise. And so on. The rest of the day is determined by the idea of a plan I have in my head when I wake up. Then the same way of doing things as a routine for other tasks throughout the day and then before I get to bed in the evening.

*: I may create this plan right there and then or the previous day, or whenever an appointment or job was determined earlier to be done on this day
    Last edited by Myst; 01-18-2016 at 08:32 AM.

TIM
    ILE-Ti
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The alarm bell rings. If I slept at least 9 hours, I will probably feel great. If I slept less than 9 hours, I will probably need to hit the snooze button a few times.

Then I will get off my bed and turn the alarm off. With only my underwear, I will walk to the kitchen. I grab a bowl, open the freezer and pour some berries on the bowl. I put the bowl in microwave, set defrost mode and adjust the time to 6 to 7 minutes, depending how many berries there are on the bowl. More berries need more time in the microwave. Too little time, and the berries will be partly frozen. Too long time, and the berries will be very hot. It's very rare that I get it just right!

After the berries are warming up in the microwave, I empty the water kettle and fill it with water. Then I turn the kettle on to boil the water. I don't need to do this if I use the espresso machine to make coffee, in which case I will turn the espresso machine open, fill the water if needed and then use the flushing function. This prepares the machine for making a cup of coffee later.

With the breakfast preparations taken care of, I will head to the toilet. A good long pee is definately part of my every morning. I'm happy to be able to hold it in all night. Every other day I will take a shower. If I took a shower on the previous morning, then I will only pour some water on my hair to make it look cleaner, then dry it with a towel. I comb my hair every day nevertheless. Next, I wash my teeth. I use a manual toothbrush and Sensodyne toothpaste.

After the toilet routine, I go put my clothes on. If I didn't take a shower, I will just wear the clothes from the previous day. If I did take a shower, then I will change into all fresh clothes.

With my clothes on, I go back to the kitchen. I finish preparing the coffee and take the berries from the microwave. I will usually eat either bread or oatmeal porridge. If I have fresh bread, I will take two slices and put some butter on them. Then I slice a tomato and some cucumber on top of them, and add cheese slices. With bread, I add natural yoghurt to the berry bowl and mix. If I'm eating oatmeal porridge, I will just mix the berries with the porridge. I also add some seeds, raisins, müsli and germs, in addition to natural yoghurt and milk. I eat my breakfast sitting at the kitchen table. I don't have the newspaper, and I try to avoid opening the phone at this time. Before, I had the habit of checking the news from the newspaper or the smartphone while eating breakfast. Now I just prefer to eat in peace.

After eating my breakfast, I put the dirty dishes in the sink and pour some water over them. Then I will check what time is it and how long do I have until the next bus, or choose to take the bicycle if the weather is tolerable. A tolerable weather means warmer than minus 20 degrees Celsius with no heavy snow, strong winds or heavy pouring rain. I prefer bicycling, but in the deep grave of the northern winter I often resort to the bus.

I'm working on adding a meditation practice to this morning routine. I had it before, when I could wake up earlier. Now I feel too pressured to get to work quickly most of the time. I need to work on this.

So yeah, I think one can say that I have somewhat of a daily routine. This morning routine is the result of countless iterations though, and by far what has worked the best. Sometimes my mornings are just the best, and I feel great when arriving to work!

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I push doors open with a closed fist. I'll make a fist on the table as I stand up.

I come forward a lot in conversation. I sometimes lean back on one leg like I momentarily lose my balance and then regain it. Almost like a semi drunk. I have my hands set on my stomach almost like the default position when I talk, just under my chest, as if they were tucked inside two gun holsters. as I talk and make a point, i'll roll my hand off my stomach from a flat position to one where my index finger and thumb stick out like a gun. A lot of times both my hands are shaped like guns as I gesture.

I make a lot of late night runs for things I suddenly get a craving for and then end up downtown or just driving around listening to music and eating potato chips. Oddly i don’t ever listen to music when home, but only when in my car or out somewhere. That’s because I enjoy songs when they come on out of the blue. It’s more enjoyable to be surprised by a song that I haven’t heard in awhile and that I didn’t expect to hear, but if I went out and got the song on a CD and then listened to it, it would quickly start to sound old to me. That extra movement from riding increases the stimulation that I get from the music itself and a specific song will come on and it’s like I can fuckin’ realize it, it gives me that extra bit of stimulation to digest the moment. I'll drive through stop signs and red lights so as not to lose it. I just want to rip the steering wheel off.
    Last edited by Kill4Me; 01-19-2016 at 12:49 AM.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

putting my clothes back?

http://i.imgur.com/DFWtYN6.jpg
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Melodies from Mars~
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

On school days.... reluctantly arise from the bed,close the windows as I shiver and curl up back into the warmth for just a few more minutes until it feels safe to evacuate, and then I may or may not shower, depending on the time and whether I really give a fuck about being clean or if I may have showered the night before. If I don't shower I'll just sleepily stumble down the stairs and fix something up to eat... I usually drink coffee but not anymore, I'm trying to wane myself off it to keep my anxiety levels down and to increase my base energy levels.. a more calm energy rather than jittery mind fuck energy. Breakfast usually consists of cooking eggs, or maybe some pancakes, something warm.. I hate yogurt as a breakfast food I need something that'll make me feel cozy and enjoy the morning before I head off to school... though it seems I can easily skip breakfast days, it'll just make me eat more school food though, which isn't really that bad tbh. Um... I never really have to poop in the morning, and if I do I tend to shrug it off and just wait til I get home again, usually from lack of time. Okay so I go to school, I get fucking tired and I want to die, I come home and immediately indulge myself in the process of hydration, and then cook up multiple different meals to make up for the lack of sustenance during the former half of the day. I then return to my room, and usually stay there for most of the day since I have no life, social or hobbywise, to speak of. I'll probably first, no I definitely will first attend to my Cookie business and make the necessary adjustments and decisions to make my business flourish. Um, then I go through all the social media sites that come to mind (okay forums I guess would be a better fit name, I only stalk facebook and stuff like that, not post actual content. ) to look for notifications to respond to. Reddit will take the most time prolly, as I'll get distracted into reading 10+ articles, 20+ stupid Memetic scriptures (can't go a day without some dank memes), 30+ pictures of cute animals, and uh porn. Oh yeah the period of time at which I pleasure myself varies alot, determined by sporadic urges, maybe I'll indulge a few times over one or three periods throughout the afternoon, taking about 10 minutes each period. I also play video games. I eat dinner. I talk to stranger online on weird forum. I watch let's plays, asmr videos, ???? to get me ready to sleep. Oh I pee alot, so that happens uh... alot.

yeah... :3

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Suffering.
    ・゚*✧ 𝓘 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒶𝒸𝒸𝑒𝓅𝓉 𝒶 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒 𝓘 𝒹𝑜 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒹𝑒𝓈𝑒𝓇𝓋𝑒 ✧*:・゚

Melodies from Mars~
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bled View Post
    Suffering.
    oh thanks for reminding me, can't believe I forgot that.... that happens after I wake up until I go back to sleep...

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bled View Post
    Suffering.
    ????
    -

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh man, I feel like a good routine could change my life, but I suck at sticking to designed routines.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't have a routine, though sometimes I wish I did, but I know that if I did I would just keep breaking it.

I do try to keep a checklist of things to do, to help me feel as if I've actually done something that day.
    My checklist:
    * chicken care - in which I make sure the chickens have what they need, and I spend a little time with them
    * dinner? - in which I figure out what we'll have for dinner, and prep for it. If I'm using the solar oven that day then this needs to be done in the morning. If I don't do this then I make poor decisions when dinner time comes.
    * exercise/massage? - in which if I'm sore I'll use my massage balls or stretch, or if not sore then I'll do some physical chores/tasks. Eventually this will include Yoga.
    * garden/home/income? - in which I do something productive for the day. This may be anything form something small and simple, up to working on a big project.
    * game/tv/book/visit? - in which I'm relaxing, 'consuming', or socializing. This is my facebook, forum, and internet research time as well.

I eventually hope to get my days to be more productive than consuming, but for now I typically cycle through them throughout the day. Do a little task, take a break, do a little task, take a break, and so on.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anndelise View Post
    I don't have a routine, though sometimes I wish I did, but I know that if I did I would just keep breaking it.

I do try to keep a checklist of things to do, to help me feel as if I've actually done something that day.
    My checklist:
    * chicken care - in which I make sure the chickens have what they need, and I spend a little time with them
    * dinner? - in which I figure out what we'll have for dinner, and prep for it. If I'm using the solar oven that day then this needs to be done in the morning. If I don't do this then I make poor decisions when dinner time comes.
    * exercise/massage? - in which if I'm sore I'll use my massage balls or stretch, or if not sore then I'll do some physical chores/tasks. Eventually this will include Yoga.
    * garden/home/income? - in which I do something productive for the day. This may be anything form something small and simple, up to working on a big project.
    * game/tv/book/visit? - in which I'm relaxing, 'consuming', or socializing. This is my facebook, forum, and internet research time as well.

I eventually hope to get my days to be more productive than consuming, but for now I typically cycle through them throughout the day. Do a little task, take a break, do a little task, take a break, and so on.
    You'll love or hate yoga
    -

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    ????
    ・゚*✧ 𝓘 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒶𝒸𝒸𝑒𝓅𝓉 𝒶 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒 𝓘 𝒹𝑜 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒹𝑒𝓈𝑒𝓇𝓋𝑒 ✧*:・゚

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You'll love or hate yoga
    I dismiss the spiritual aspects of it, and the extreme positions.
    Love the stretching, strengthening, and relaxing aspects of it.
    Detest the preset sequences, and "one true way" mentality of some fans of it.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I dismiss the spiritual aspects of it, and the extreme positions.
    Love the stretching, strengthening, and relaxing aspects of it.
    Detest the preset sequences, and "one true way" mentality of some fans of it.
    Don't get near someone else's butt because there's a fair amount of flatulence in yoga. The positions just release things
    -

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't get near someone else's butt because there's a fair amount of flatulence in yoga. The positions just release things
    I'm talking about an at home practice, by myself.
    I have a book on how to develop own sequence. A book on fascia trains so I can analyse what I'm doing with my body, and why. And some apps showing video clips of typical poses and sequences. I also have some beginner dvds, but I'm not too impressed with them.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I have a book on how to develop own sequence. A book on fascia trains so I can analyse what I'm doing with my body, and why. And some apps showing video clips of typical poses and sequences. I also have some beginner dvds, but I'm not too impressed with them.
    Hum. I've never tried that. I hope it goes well
    -

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I love Adriene: https://www.youtube.com/user/yogawithadriene

She is is all about variation and finding for yourself what feels good.
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    I love Adriene: https://www.youtube.com/user/yogawithadriene

She is is all about variation and finding for yourself what feels good.
    Thanks for the suggestion. I've tabbed her and will check her out this weekend.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp