Thread: It ain't a theory if you can prove it

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    294 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Default It ain't a theory if you can prove it

Great video here, names names, dates it all, etc. I thought it was all connected but I was shocked at how connected it all really is/was. I mean fuck, how predictable yet also how very fitting that it all started with the original "snake oil" salesman. I mean, it fits so hard it hurts! Truly we live in a world "Devil Bill" would consider his own utopia, as he's at the top of the heap. Us commoners? Suckers to his grand scheme. Watch and see.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, pff, now I understand the title of this thread. I already vaguely knew about this but didn't know all the details and had never watched that particular documentary before. I also saw an article about this on Dr. Mercola's site (alternative and holistic medicine).

Maybe someday I should make a greater effort to understand how global strategies work. Yeah, it's not a 'conspiracy theory.' It's just a plain old conspiracy.

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

O gawd. It's Union Pacific all over again...

Oil rules because 90% of the stuff around you are petroleum products. Clothes, medicine, plastics, food, etc.

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

By the scientific definition of a theory (A coherent statement or set of ideas that explains observed facts or phenomena, or which sets out the laws and principles of something known or observed; a hypothesis confirmed by observation, experiment etc.), a theory is something which has been proved to a particular level of confidence.

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Subteigh View Post
    By the scientific definition of a theory (A coherent statement or set of ideas that explains observed facts or phenomena, or which sets out the laws and principles of something known or observed; a hypothesis confirmed by observation, experiment etc.), a theory is something which has been proved to a particular level of confidence.
    I'm not watching it, but maybe he means it isn't a theory if it is a law.

TIM
    IEI-Fe (9)62 sx/?
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Disclaimer: haven't looked at OP, ignore as needed.

Even laws of physics have been redefined over time. In science, it may be an extremely well-demonstrated and supported theory, but if something else turns out to be a better explanation, to have better support, then the original framework will be thrown out. It's this malleability that gives science its progressive quality.
    Hence a theory can be both socially weighty and respected, and open to change. You just need *good enough evidence*, which is another can of worms. That is why the first random theory about idk cats in boxes does not overthrow laws of physics. Changing such laws would be an extraordinary claim, and would require extraordinary evidence, of a standard magnitudes above random daydreaming and googling three pictures.
    Secondly, a good test of a theory is whether you can reasonably deduce other qualities of the world from it. So if the video's theory explains a wider set of phenomena than competing explanations, it's way more likely to be true. However that is still technically not a proof.

[/spewing theory]
    Reason is a whore.