Thread: What types are the most funny/crack the most jokes?

TIM
    IEI 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What types are the most funny/crack the most jokes?

A lot of people tell me I'm funny (without trying to be! This is sometimes good and sometimes bad) but I didn't think IxFx was known for that at all. I tend to crack a lot of jokes without thinking too, just to ease tension in the air. Are you guys funny/have a good sense of humor? I have found sense of humor to vary among the types; e.g. I know several funny ESFj girls but the ESFj guy I know is not. I would think ESFp and ENTp would have the best senses of humor. Soo what is your guys experience?

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wouldn't it be intraquadra are the funniest?

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How about just confident, perceptive people? (actually you could probably scratch the word confident) I really don't think there is any sense in relating this to type. I've yet to notice any pattern with this in my own life. Funny people are just funny.

hiatus
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, perception of humor depends on the type of humor that a type is receptive to. Types seeking Ne may find Ne-ego types to have the "best" sense of humor relative to their perception, for example.

If you're just talking about types that try to be funny the most then you're probably looking at the Fe-valuing types, because doing something change the emotional atmosphere can be related to Fe, the "ethics of emotions."

An ESE that I know thinks that I am very funny, though if I go on some overly abstract rant the same ESE tends to get bored (ESEs tend to appreciate dialogue more than anything). I don't think of myself as a deliberately funny person, but if I were in a situation like you describe "easing tension in the air" I would maybe diffidently attempt humor.

Humor is quite interesting to view through the lens of Socionics. I wish you well on your study.

TIM
    IEI 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy8419 View Post
    Wouldn't it be intraquadra are the funniest?
    Maybe so.. then which quadra is the funniest??

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by summerprincess View Post
    I tend to crack a lot of jokes without thinking too, just to ease tension in the air. A lot of people tell me I'm funny (without trying to be!)
    can you link to some of the jokes and comedic posts and threads you've made so far? so that we can get your sense of humor

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe so.. then which quadra is the funniest??
    Funniest to who? Lol. No matter who you are, whatever your Quadra is will have the funniest people on average, wouldn't you think?

R.I.P. Raver
    TIM
    ENFP 7W8
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A lot of people tell me I'm funny (without trying to be! This is sometimes good and sometimes bad) but I didn't think IxFx was known for that at all. I tend to crack a lot of jokes without thinking too, just to ease tension in the air. Are you guys funny/have a good sense of humor? I have found sense of humor to vary among the types; e.g. I know several funny ESFj girls but the ESFj guy I know is not. I would think ESFp and ENTp would have the best senses of humor. Soo what is your guys experience?
    When I first learned about personality types, I started to place people in categories of whether they and I would get along or not...

But as time went by, I realized the maturity (or their mental stability) of individuals ... or I guess you can call it "individual differences within a type" are far greater than the "average of types". So for that reason.. I really think an INTJ that has read a "Standup comedy for dummies" book is funnier than the average INFJ... or whatever type is stereotypically funny..

Your thoughts?
    I know I joined a while ago, but I'm really a newbie, so cut me some slack. I know the MBTI?

Check Out My Youtube:
    http://youtube.com/c/learningreadefined

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The funniest person I know is a SLE. Everytime I get a text from him, I know it's going to be something completely unexpected and irreverent.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILE most common stand up comedian
    ESE supporter, whatever joke you make they join in
    SEI always some standard jokes in his sleave
    LII ne subtype has more humor than expected
    SLE most common party uplifter, very good sense of humor, his best asset often.
    IEI the clown, always in for a joke
    EIE Fe type has very fine senses of humor, Ni not so much
    ILI the dry humor
    LIE slips humor in tactically
    SEE some have less humor than you would expect, often more entertaining talkative then cracking jokes
    ESI not so much humor, rather serious and sometimes upset by some humor
    LSE Te sub not much humor, Si more humor
    EII Often too shy or serious for humor
    IEE charming humor, always in for a laugh
    SLI si sub balanced on humor and seriousness, Te somewhat less humor or boring humor, mr bean like.

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I think of humor as the domain of Fe combined with Ne. As @Hacim stated when someone makes a joke they are usually doing it to improve the emotional atmosphere (Fe), unless they are sarcastic or just trying to make a point. To be good at making jokes a good amount of Ne is also required, since a rapid fire thought process is essential to keep up with the crowd. So with that said I think the alpha extroverts ESE and ILE are probably the most inclined towards jokes, especially the Fe and Ne subs. ILE would probably better at making the jokes themselves, but ESE is probably better at telling them in a way that connects with others.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I'm too serious and think of too many serious matters in the world causing me to miss the humor in things

ESE are funny, SLE can joke around. SEE are good natured. LSE change the wording of songs to adjust to their situation thereby seeming humorous.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    Eii
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LSE change the wording of songs to adjust to their situation thereby seeming humorous.
    I do that, perhaps Im LSE? Whaddya say M, are we duals?

I laugh a lot around my IEE sister. Dont know if thats because we're sisters or because shes actually funny. But she's dramatic and I find it humorous. Same goes for my eie brother and lie sister. Laughs all around. We kind of bounce off each other.

netflix and don't touch me Emmym's Avatar
    TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I joke around/play little pranks on people quite a lot but I'm definitely high-strung and overly intense in lots of situations due to anxiety lol. I have a hard time laughing at things I don't find funny, so I stay away from unfunny people who think they're hilarious.
    someday the grapes will be wine
    and someday you will be mine

EII-Ne 2w3 - 9w1 - 7w8 so/sx

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I know types that have a contagious smile. My ILE friend and my SLI friend seem to have a regular one. I'm often told to smile. "You should smile more" I'm not unhappy. I just think of heavy topics a lot. An example I was driving down a heavily populated homeless area and thought of "I wonder what plans the city council will have to house more people. Maybe they will convert our local park into a permanent campground." So I think of ideas and like Aushra said N types think of ideas which they keep to themselves and often don't share. She was right! I also imagine myself in the service of human beings so I'll imagine myself giving out tents or setting them up.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I use a lot of sarcasm and dark/death humor but that's because that is the humor I am used to. I can put on that serious, straight face for a short time but usually end up laughing at myself before I can finish what I am saying. I don't really like pranks but I will play along with them if they are on someone else. Just don't pull them on me. I am more likely to have mercy on the person and let them in on the prank before anyone else does. I don't like gross humor but vulgar is ok. I have been told I am witty and many times told I was funny when I did not intend to be. I used to drive my friend to work every morning so I would turn on the radio and make my own lyrics up to songs. Sometimes singing what his day was going to be like. He said I was hysterical and got his day going.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I definitely find fellow Betazoids the funniest. Mostly other IEIs ... (although I am likely EIE). I literally have laugh attacks with a few IEI-Fe friends.. where everything is insanely hilarious and we're making jokes constantly. It gets to be obnoxious for others. At times I wonder if I'm really just an IEI because our humour is so spot on but then I realize my extraversion.

I find my duals, LSI, to be very funny but without trying to be, unlike the IEIs. Everything they do is naturally hilarious for me.. kind of like Dwight from the office (obviously he's a seriously exaggerated caricature of an LSI but you get the point..)

Humour is huge for me. I'm always trying to lighten the atmosphere.. so when I'm around "serious" individuals.. Mainly Fi base types.. I get extremely uncomfortable. I think there's an obvious division in my Master's program where the Fe valuers are "silly" to the Fi valuers, and the i valuers are "uptight" and "boring" to us..

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

LIIs make the most jokes about asymptotes and parabolas.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP