TIM
    ILE-Ti
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Greetings

Hello there.

Socionics is very interesting to me, it has really helped me get a feel of people and what motivates them. Also, by adjusting a bit I have improved my relations with others quite a lot. I know reality is much more complex and less categorical than anything socionics has to offer, but nevertheless it has been the tool I have got great use of trying to deepen my understanding of, eh, people.

I am posting an introduction here, since my account would get cleaned up otherwise. Also, I can't view pictures posted! I'm not an active poster on any forums, mostly perceiving what's going on (must be the EP-temperament!).

So, who am I? I self-type ILE, probably ILE-Ti since I come off more like a cool Christian Bale than someone awkward like Paul Krugman. If there was an irrational Ti-based alpha type, then I could be that one Fi POLR is what I try to work with. So hard to notice what kind of signals I send to other people. I work in software engineering, practice Buddhism, love video games. I'm happily married and maybe will have some kids in the future. My wife is EII-Fi or at least IEE when I get angry at her, SEI-Fe at other times She's charming and funny, which I love about her.

Talk to you later and have a nice day!

TIM
    ILE-Ti
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I subscribe to the idea that there is no such thing as a fixed self, I keep changing and reforming all the time. Developing both my strengths and my weaknesses, with lately the focus on weaknesses. Seems to me that at this point in my life it is substantially more beneficial to me to find ways to rub off other's Fi less than try to shine brighter with my Fe. It seems worth to me to try to become a fully balanced human being. I don't think being ILE gives me a free license to piss off others or behave immaturely. Required a bit of honesty to admit this.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Neneth View Post
    I subscribe to the idea that there is no such thing as a fixed self
    There are fixed traits. Jung's type - one of them.

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...=1#post1096450

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Welcome
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

hello

TIM
    ILE-Ti
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    There are fixed traits. Jung's type - one of them.

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...=1#post1096450
    Agree to disagree. I believe we can refocus our attention, cast light on the previously unnoticed and hence develope that which perhaps we used to be unaware of before. Granted working against these traits is an uphill battle if any

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Neneth View Post
    I believe we can refocus our attention
    Mind is a derivative of brain wich is just part of a body. It has restrictions as body has. While you can believe in anything, certainly. There are fixed traits during life of most people, and traits fixed forever and for everyone.

TIM
    ILE-Ti
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    Mind is a derivative of brain wich is just part of a body. It has restrictions as body has. While you can believe in anything, certainly. There are fixed traits during life of most people, and traits fixed forever and for everyone.
    While the mind is indeed born from the body, connected to the sense-bases, I wouldn't draw the conclusion that it shares the body's limitations. Appears to me that the mind is free from most if not all of the limitations affecting our material body.