Thread: What types would be the most annoyed by this?

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default What types would be the most annoyed by this?

I think I have firmly decided what pisses me off the most: People who take things too seriously and rudely point out petty mistakes. I know that sounds like Te polr, but I'm wondering if this could apply equally to Te ignoring types which is a cautious (meaning it doesn't like criticism) and unvalued function, or any other types.

Let me explain what I mean. When I'm at work, doing my job to the best of my ability, and some asshole comes over and bluntly says, "You didn't put this item in the right spot you dumb fuck" or "Dude why are doing that, this over here is so much more important", I get immensely pissed off inside. I prefer to do things in a way I feel comfortable with and go from there rather than worrying about the absolute best way to do something. This also extends to when I game. In dota 2 (yes, I'm talking about dota again), other players keep grinding my gears by being callous and pointing out all these minor mistakes.

"Tusk why didn't you snowball earlier u retard?", "Ursa where's your BKB?", "Nice hooks there dendi (sarcastic)" - FUCK ALL YOU PEOPLE WHO TYPE THIS KIND OF SHIT IN GAMES.

The thing is I usually do well in most jobs and in most games, but when people say things like that to me it disrupts my thinking and causes me to perform worse. When people are nice, caring and encouraging it puts me into the zone and I really begin kicking ass.

So I ask, what other types can relate to this? What types are the most guilty of doing what I described? (It's ok, I won't hate.)
    Last edited by Muddy; 12-22-2015 at 10:15 AM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's Se. Se is pressure exertion. Te can be given with or without Se. If it's given without Se, it comes across as advice. If it's given with Se, it comes across as hard criticism.

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy8419 View Post
    That's Se. Se is pressure exertion. Te can be given with or without Se. If it's given without Se, it comes across as advice. If it's given with Se, it comes across as hard criticism.
    That's what I was thinking, I was wondering if this was more Te or Se. LII has Te and Se as his cautious unvalued functions, so it would make sense that he would react especially negatively when receiving criticism on both of those elements mixed together.

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't need to resort to the more obscure dichotomies. Se is force, and if someone is directly pressuring you into any element, then they are using Se. If they are lightly baiting you into an element, then they are using Ne. If you don't care for considering the common Te being used and find it stressful to adhere to such, and this stress is compounded and multiplied by the application of Se (Force), then you are victim of PoLR pressure combined with critical pressure of DS. What you're referring to is either EII or IEI. I have a reference somewhere or other that describes the issue of PoLR+Negative_DS=Ouchies. I will try and find it sometime today.

Sounds like Te ignoring

When you say you do great work when people are nice and caring towards you, it sounds like Fe suggestive being translated into Te

The ignoring function always corresponds to the suggestive, and filters out information that conflicts with it
    So in your case, your ignoring Te is aligning to your emotional state (Fe) and filtering out any working methods that contradict that state

Therefore to improve your working methods and make them more efficient, you'd have to first shield yourself from the emotional hostility of others. Otherwise Te is automatically going to mirror the effect of hostile Fe, becoming more inefficient and convoluted

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Muddytextures View Post
    I think I have firmly decided what pisses me off the most: People who take things too seriously and rudely point out petty mistakes. I know that sounds like Te polr, but I'm wondering if this could apply equally to Te ignoring types which is a cautious (meaning it doesn't like criticism) and unvalued function, or any other types.

Let me explain what I mean. When I'm at work, doing my job to the best of my ability, and some asshole comes over and bluntly says, "You didn't put this item in the right spot you dumb fuck" or "Dude why are doing that, this over here is so much more important", I get immensely pissed off inside. I prefer to do things in a way I feel comfortable with and go from there rather than worrying about the absolute best way to do something. This also extends to when I game. In dota 2 (yes, I'm talking about dota again), other players keep grinding my gears by being callous and pointing out all these minor mistakes.

"Tusk why didn't you snowball earlier u retard?", "Ursa where's your BKB?", "Nice hooks there dendi (sarcastic)" - FUCK ALL YOU PEOPLE WHO TYPE THIS KIND OF SHIT IN GAMES.

The thing is I usually do well in most jobs and in most games, but when people say things like that to me it disrupts my thinking and causes me to perform worse. When people are nice, caring and encouraging it puts me into the zone and I really begin kicking ass.

So I ask, what other types can relate to this? What types are the most guilty of doing what I described? (It's ok, I won't hate.)
    Oooooh, story of my life!

I have always struggled with this. Unsolicited advice and criticism is the worst. It's like an invasion of my space and it interrupts my thinking and concentration. Just leave me alone!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy8419 View Post
    True, but it could also be Te if it's mentioned in terms of efficiency or practical considerations. I often find myself resenting it when people tell me things like "it would be more efficient to do it this way" when I didn't ask for their advice. I'm comfortable doing it the way I'm doing it and I also like to figure things out myself. Also sometimes I know that the other method is more efficient or pragmatic but I still stick to my own method because I highly value the internal logical consistency of it.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That would be an issue with Te in general. OP's was specific to someone applying Force to Praxis.

hiatus
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can relate. Ever played League of Legends? Damn toxic community, until you play with an ESE who is almost as bad as you are.

It's not meant badly, but people in games (and indeed, all realms of life) who just tell you what to do are irritating. I prefer to experiment and find out what works best for me.

LIIs are prone to overreacting to and taking personally this kind of callousness; at least, that's how it would appear to other types.

bye now
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heh, the army is like this. So I adopted a strategy of avoiding work and getting other people to do it; then they can deal with all the shit.

Can't say it makes me flustered though; just stops me from trying to be a proactive worker, which is actually really bad for any business, but fuck it. Someone always has a complaint, but if you do nothing, they can't complain lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Defective Product View Post
    What would be Te Polr, then?
    Putting your pants on your head and not realizing it till someone says something about it.

jk for those that take everything said here seriously
    good bye

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I would not do it. I haven't seen EII do it. I've seen LSI do it On occasion a missed off SEI sometimes an SLI sometimes an SEE. LSI throw work at you expecting you to prioritize. Bossy types? Lol
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Defective Product View Post
    What would be Te Polr, then?
    My mother has 1D Te so I get to observe it up close. In my experience, Te polrs unlike Te ignoring tend to hold onto archaic and outdated beliefs since they are very mistrustful of outside sources of information. This mistrust probably stems from their gullibility into being tricked into doing stupid things, therefore they block outside information and advice to avoid being hurt. Te ignoring doesn't like being criticized over efficiency much in the same way a Te polr doesn't, but they do not have that same mistrust of outside information like a Te polr does. Te ignoring knows how to be productive but doesn't want to in favor of figuring things out themselves, therefore they get annoyed when someone tries to get them to do something a certain way since they feel more then capable of doing it themselves.
    Last edited by Muddy; 12-23-2015 at 04:03 AM.

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hacim View Post
    I can relate. Ever played League of Legends? Damn toxic community, until you play with an ESE who is almost as bad as you are.

It's not meant badly, but people in games (and indeed, all realms of life) who just tell you what to do are irritating. I prefer to experiment and find out what works best for me.

LIIs are prone to overreacting to and taking personally this kind of callousness; at least, that's how it would appear to other types.
    Yeah I have played LoL. After awhile I just started sticking to playing ARAM because I got tired of others players instantly calling for mid and top and having to play the shitty support role. I suspect MOBAs attract Se and Te types more so then most other games due to their hyper-competitive nature and the gameplay rewarding players for strictly sticking to what works the best rather then being creative and doing what you want. My winrate in dota is around 57% and I usually do well in most games yet I still often get criticized for not always following conventional builds and ignoring necessary but mundane aspects of the game such a buying/placing wards and stacking creep camps.

hiatus
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I have played LoL. After awhile I just started sticking to playing ARAM because I got tired of others players instantly calling for mid and top and having to play the shitty support role. I suspect MOBAs attract Se and Te types more so then most other games due to their hyper-competitive nature and the gameplay rewarding players for strictly sticking to what works the best rather then being creative and doing what you want. My winrate in dota is around 57% and I usually do well in most games yet I still often get criticized for not always following conventional builds and ignoring necessary but mundane aspects of the game such a buying/placing wards and stacking creep camps.
    I only enjoy League when I can just goof around whilst playing, and other than playing bot games with IRL friends the community at large does not appreciate that.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Reactance View Post
    Heh, the army is like this. So I adopted a strategy of avoiding work and getting other people to do it; then they can deal with all the shit.

Can't say it makes me flustered though; just stops me from trying to be a proactive worker, which is actually really bad for any business, but fuck it. Someone always has a complaint, but if you do nothing, they can't complain lol.

Putting your pants on your head and not realizing it till someone says something about it.

jk for those that take everything said here seriously

That's why I could never join the army or any other branch of the military.

As far the pants go, I think that would be more weak sensing than Te PoLR. Taken to the extreme.

My mother has 1D Te so I get to observe it up close. In my experience, Te polrs unlike Te ignoring tend to hold onto archaic and outdated beliefs since they are very mistrustful of outside sources of information. This mistrust probably stems from their gullibility into being tricked into doing stupid things, therefore they block outside information and advice to avoid being hurt. Te ignoring doesn't like being criticized over efficiency much in the same way a Te polr doesn't, but they do not have that same mistrust of outside information like a Te polr does. Te ignoring knows how to be productive but doesn't want to in favor of figuring things out themselves, therefore they get annoyed when someone tries to get them to do something a certain way since they feel more then capable of doing it themselves.
    This clarifies Te ignoring for myself. I don't think I'm Te PoLR but I have had the occasional person suggest SEI for my type.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

On job. If that is not your immediate supervisor, you may smile and ignore.

When people are nice, caring and encouraging it puts me into the zone and I really begin kicking ass.
    Try to think positive. When someone gives you critics - he cares about you.
    Change your perception of the situation or just adopt. You can't change people.

what other types can relate to this?
    Different types.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I have heard lots of like that from T base. This is my guess and experience. Of course there is overflow for example from Te PoLRs. It is a clear sign of something else being in background and should not be taken as it is. Obviously.