Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default how do you get your DS fix?

many socionics resources emphasize duality, but being with duals isn't the only way to seek that information. what else do you do to get your fix or feed your DS fct? are you able to fulfill it without relying on others?

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, mine is fairly readily available via the internet.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I secretly grope hunky mannequins in department stores.

TIM
    Ne EII
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting topic. I sure could use suggestions, especially since there's literally zero Delta ST people in my life at present.

One thing I do is voluntary work. It involves helping others in a way that is very tangible. So there's my Te-Si fix (more Te focused though, not so much Si).
    I always plan to visit doctors more often to finally resolve some imbalances and actually let knowledgeable people help me get my body in order. I get discouraged quickly though, mostly because it's time consuming.
    I call myself batyote and I fight crime at night.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy8419 View Post
    Well, mine is fairly readily available via the internet.
    what do you mean? how do you know which information is contextually relevant and whether you should apply it?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Lol I get my ds fix from.reading descriptions of our dual pair then crying about it because the last two dual relationship I was in neither were honest and cared about commitment to me. I'm getting better at finding someone who wants me because they want to share their lives with me
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sad-face for Maritsa

God is most glorified when we are most satisfied in Him.
    - John Piper

Socionics -
    the16types.info

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Music!

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Saberstorm View Post
    sad-face for Maritsa
    Hi Saber long time no see. How have you been?
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Been offline, I am at starbucks. I do not have an internet connection right now.

God is most glorified when we are most satisfied in Him.
    - John Piper

Socionics -
    the16types.info

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    what do you mean? how do you know which information is contextually relevant and whether you should apply it?
    ? It's asking about your DS, not about duals. I read Te information. It either comes into context or relevance at some point, or it does not.

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Typically just try to provoke others into it, I think. Sometimes I can give it to myself by waving a 'transcendental cause' flag, but it's not often I get to do that and live the next day without being a hypocrite.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by inumbra View Post
    are you able to fulfill it without relying on others?
    yes. as you may act in regions of weak functions too

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by inumbra View Post
    many socionics resources emphasize duality, but being with duals isn't the only way to seek that information. what else do you do to get your fix or feed your DS fct? are you able to fulfill it without relying on others?
    I think as long as you are involved with society enough, it's easy to get the DS fix. Any of the eight ones. It will come from many sources then.
    Last edited by Myst; 12-19-2015 at 08:35 PM.

TIM
    LSI-Se
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I watch Oprah.
    LSI-Se 836 Sp/Sx

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I'm looking for Fi, which means getting up close and personal with someone, frequently enough to satisfy my need for a fix. Very few people, it seems, can individually supply enough of the drug to keep me functioning normally.

Therefore, I am forced to know a lot of people and to interact with them frequently. Sort of like a bee collecting pollen grains, instead of just going for the honey itself.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

DS fix? I used to think this was a discussion about Dominant/Submissive relationships, that's why I did not bother taking a look at this tread. xD Hahaha.

Okay, you mean "Dual-seeking" fix... Got it. xD Haha!
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For some, DS fix = DP fix.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Shortly after my divorce, the newly divorced IEI wife of a friend of mine invited me over to her house, ostensibly to fix her luggage, but really to interview me for the position of her new companion (lol). In the process of discussing our lives, I complained to her that my SLI ex thought love meant folding my laundry. I said, I didn't need my laundry folded, I needed intimacy. She asked me, What do you have to offer a woman in return?

At this point, I suddenly realized this was a job interview rather than a discussion between two friends, and I was so surprised that I didn't have an answer. Certainly not a ready answer, since I had never really thought about relationships in those terms. I think I mumbled something about being able to make money fast and easily.

But after being on this forum for a while, I realize that I actually do Te best. That is, organizing for efficiency. Cell phone doesn't charge? Buy a new one, don't spend time trying to fix the old one, you will just waste more time on that than it is worth. Car broken? If it is past a certain point, sell it, buy a new one. Student loans and other debt? Pay off the highest interest rates first. Just do it and move on to more productive, more enjoyable things. Eventually, you find yourself doing enjoyable things that are very rewarding. Making money fast and easily is a result of Te, not a means to it.

Neither is the answer the IEI was looking for, but that actually was a good thing.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 12-21-2015 at 03:20 PM.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy8419 View Post
    For some, DS fix = DP fix.
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Should have been like /whips out anaconda

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Combat Sports. Alcohol. Being a jerk to strangers.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

TIM
    Eii
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

By asking my ENTj sister to teach me to wrap presents in a professional manner. But then again you said without somone else, in that case I dont know

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

By Googling socionics personal ads and searching for 'ESE.'

Actually, no. I don't really do much of anything, if I find my dual it's most likely by chance.

I am lucky in that there are a couple of ESEs, I know in real life including one that has an avid interest in socionics.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Shortly after my divorce, the newly divorced IEI wife of a friend of mine invited me over to her house, ostensibly to fix her luggage, but really to interview me for the position of her new companion (lol). In the process of discussing our lives, I complained to her that my SLI ex thought love meant folding my laundry. I said, I didn't need my laundry folded, I needed intimacy. She asked me, What do you have to offer a woman in return?

At this point, I suddenly realized this was a job interview rather than a discussion between two friends, and I was so surprised that I didn't have an answer. Certainly not a ready answer, since I had never really thought about relationships in those terms. I think I mumbled something about being able to make money fast and easily.

But after being on this forum for a while, I realize that I actually do Te best. That is, organizing for efficiency. Cell phone doesn't charge? Buy a new one, don't spend time trying to fix the old one, you will just waste more time on that than it is worth. Car broken? If it is past a certain point, sell it, buy a new one. Student loans and other debt? Pay off the highest interest rates first. Just do it and move on to more productive, more enjoyable things. Eventually, you find yourself doing enjoyable things that are very rewarding. Making money fast and easily is a result of Te, not a means to it.

Neither is the answer the IEI was looking for, but that actually was a good thing.
    I love Te sorry!
    -

I sleep a lot. Listen to music

You don't actually need another person for your DS, though. The superego block will kick in when you're running out. It helps to be proactive about the superego, though, so you don't overdo it.
    Last edited by ConcreteButterfly; 12-22-2015 at 10:15 AM.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ConcreteButterfly View Post
    I sleep a lot. Listen to music

You don't actually need another person for your DS, though. The superego block will kick in when you're running out. It helps to be proactive about the superego, though, so you don't overdo it.
    You mean superid?

Also, I think you can't really supply DS in a satisfying way to yourself on your own. According to the theory you'll get exhausted fast but I also think that it's just not satisfying anyway if done that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Myst View Post
    You mean superid?

Also, I think you can't really supply DS in a satisfying way to yourself on your own. According to the theory you'll get exhausted fast but I also think that it's just not satisfying anyway if done that way.
    edit:
    nevermind, i think you're right, the superid isn't something you can easily provide for yourself. what happens when you don't have it is that the demonstrative + polr functions try to reconnect to some other source. so i think by developing them you can prevent the loss of DS in the first place.
    Last edited by ConcreteButterfly; 12-23-2015 at 10:01 AM.

TIM
    LSI-Se
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure if this is DS at hand, but I've always been enthralled by learning about customs and cultures of other countries, mainly in Europe. I never have time to devote to it but it's something that lights up brain activity for me. In grade school I was best in geography and language arts. I read books on etiquette and American history. I wish I could make it a priority but it wouldn't be practical for me and where I'm at. But once in a great while I will watch youtube videos about what it's like in other countries and how they act to show respect/politeness, how their family units differ from American families, what their pop culture is like, what they eat, wear, things of that nature. Is that Fe?
    LSI-Se 836 Sp/Sx

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LSI Stripper View Post
    I'm not sure if this is DS at hand, but I've always been enthralled by learning about customs and cultures of other countries, mainly in Europe. I never have time to devote to it but it's something that lights up brain activity for me. In grade school I was best in geography and language arts. I read books on etiquette and American history. I wish I could make it a priority but it wouldn't be practical for me and where I'm at. But once in a great while I will watch youtube videos about what it's like in other countries and how they act to show respect/politeness, how their family units differ from American families, what their pop culture is like, what they eat, wear, things of that nature. Is that Fe?
    History was also one of my strongest subjects in school, I wonder if there is indeed a connection between Fe seeking and taking an interest in alternative lifestyles and cultures. I always enjoyed learning about other cultures in past times because it is as if I am able to experience a whole different reality and understand how the mood (Fe?) of people changes over different times and different places.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

edit:
    nevermind, i think you're right, the superid isn't something you can easily provide for yourself. what happens when you don't have it is that the demonstrative + polr functions try to reconnect to some other source. so i think by developing them you can prevent the loss of DS in the first place.
    Explain the last part more, it's unclear.

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Super-id is worked by the individual as the lack of dual increases. By increasing the information present in it, the individual gains in his individual scope of application. The greater the super-id information held, the more situations the Ego of the individual can solve.

Explain the last part more, it's unclear.
    When you don't have your DS function you become defensive via the demonstrative and POLR functions.

For example
    SLI
    Without Ne DS (external integrity) their demonstrative Ti gets defensive. This can take the form of distancing themselves from a particular person or place, and putting their focus on something else. Fe polr also gets defensive, so they might start telling jokes or complimenting people, to get them to emotionally respond. These usually restore Ne.

So if you consciously develop your demonstrative and POLR functions, they'll be more useful during times of stress, and you'll even be able to use them proactively, to acquire DS, and not just defend against the loss of it. At the very least, the loss won't be that severe.
    In particular it's helpful to develop the POLR since it's under conscious control. It's a good idea to observe how others who are strong in this function use it, and try to imitate them.

Alternatively you could put energy into developing the role function, which is the final barrier before disintegration of the ego ("ego death"), which happens when you're totally unconscious of your DS. If your demonstrative and POLR functions are ineffective, and you're close to ego death, then the role function will emerge automatically and continuously, until you regain consciousness of DS. The more developed the role function, the more stable the entire psyche becomes.
    Last edited by ConcreteButterfly; 12-24-2015 at 11:50 AM.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

When you don't have your DS function you become defensive via the demonstrative and POLR functions.

For example
    SLI
    Without Ne DS (external integrity) their demonstrative Ti gets defensive. This can take the form of distancing themselves from a particular person or place, and putting their focus on something else. Fe polr also gets defensive, so they might start telling jokes or complimenting people, to get them to emotionally respond. These usually restore Ne.

So if you consciously develop your demonstrative and POLR functions, they'll be more useful during times of stress, and you'll even be able to use them proactively, to acquire DS, and not just defend against the loss of it. At the very least, the loss won't be that severe.
    In particular it's helpful to develop the POLR since it's under conscious control. It's a good idea to observe how others who are strong in this function use it, and try to imitate them.

Alternatively you could put energy into developing the role function, which is the final barrier before disintegration of the ego ("ego death"), which happens when you're totally unconscious of your DS. If your demonstrative and POLR functions are ineffective, and you're close to ego death, then the role function will emerge automatically and continuously, until you regain consciousness of DS. The more developed the role function, the more stable the entire psyche becomes.
    Give example of LSI too so I can see if this even makes sense.

The PoLR isn't under that great control, btw. Simply attempting to imitate others isn't exactly going to develop it well.

Give example of LSI too so I can see if this even makes sense.

The PoLR isn't under that great control, btw. Simply attempting to imitate others isn't exactly going to develop it well.
    ok , after Christmas though. And you're right about the POLR function but imitating it couldn't hurt, that's what you do in a dual relationship, you subconsciously imitate the way the dual is using it.

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@ConcreteButterfly I am also quite curious about this, so if you don't mind I would also like an example of LII's Ni and Se getting defensive when there no Fe. Bonus points if you show how this contrast with ILI. I would also like to learn more about this "ego death" you mentioned.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

ok , after Christmas though. And you're right about the POLR function but imitating it couldn't hurt, that's what you do in a dual relationship, you subconsciously imitate the way the dual is using it.
    Ready to hear from you

Btw I disagree that it can't hurt imitating the PoLR information as handled by others.

Ready to hear from you

Btw I disagree that it can't hurt imitating the PoLR information as handled by others.
    well I actually don't agree with my former statement, but for the sake of theory:

LSI- without Fe, would become defensive via Si demonstrative, so perhaps they'd change their hairstyle or clothing to be similar or more in sync with group norms, ignoring their own Si standards. maybe overwork themselves, not stopping to sleep or eat. Or indulging in immediate sensory gratification at the expense of long term goals, such as impulse shopping, or casual sex. Ne polr defensiveness would be counter changes to external changes, for example if someone suddenly swerved towards them on the road, they might swerve in the opposite direction to "cancel out" the Ne change. This would bring them back to center internally (Ni), and ideally increase emotional harmony (Fe)

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

well I actually don't agree with my former statement, but for the sake of theory:

LSI- without Fe, would become defensive via Si demonstrative, so perhaps they'd change their hairstyle or clothing to be similar or more in sync with group norms, ignoring their own Si standards. maybe overwork themselves, not stopping to sleep or eat. Or indulging in immediate sensory gratification at the expense of long term goals, such as impulse shopping, or casual sex. Ne polr defensiveness would be counter changes to external changes, for example if someone suddenly swerved towards them on the road, they might swerve in the opposite direction to "cancel out" the Ne change. This would bring them back to center internally (Ni), and ideally increase emotional harmony (Fe)
    So why did you change your opinion on this tidbit of theory?

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I notice that when I am stressed out in a situation I begin asking people excessive amounts of questions on what to do and how things should be done. I try to collect as much information as possible so there is no room for error. Is this how Te demonstrative operates as emergency defense? How would Ni demonstrative's defense look like in comparison?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast