Thread: how is your DS "idiosyncratic"?

TIM
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default how is your DS "idiosyncratic"?

the dual-seeking fct is a supposed 1D fct. it is able to process the so-called parameter of experience but nothing more.

Experience – is something individual and personal (corresponding to vital and metal blocks) that cannot be transferred to another person. This is the self-perception of a human being. Any moment information is processed the person obtains experience.

A good illustration of this self-perception is an example of sight. We cannot transfer to others our own experience with vision. One can say: "This is blue color", but at the same time we don't know how other people see blue. One would need to become the eyes of another to obtain his or her experience.

The meaning of word "experience" in Socionics is different from the commonly used and understood meaning: "The combination of knowledge, skills, abilities, acquired from life, practical activities, etc." [4].

In common usage, it can be said that "experience passes from generation to generation." However, what is actually transferred between generations is knowledge, which in Socionics terms most closely correspond to the dimension "norm."

Experience, in Socionics terms, is impossible to transfer, just as much as one cannot pass one's own perceptions and sensations.
    Since one-dimensional functions are invariant with respect to norms, situation and time parameters, information processing by these functions possesses a nature that is personal, idiosyncratic, sometimes inadequate (from the point of view of the observer). The person himself, issuing a response on a one-dimensional function, may not even suspect that there is something "wrong", because he doesn't have a tool to make a comparison (norms).
    and so, you may constantly generate your own "personal understandings" of this aspect of reality in defiance of all norms (which is supposedly one reason why one might mistype as her or his dual - as it might feel like one is actually really versatile with this information element).

my questions:

1) how do you perceive your understanding of information coming from your DS fct (or of that information aspect) as "idiosyncratic" (or do you perceive it that way)?

2) how do you find you're unable to translate this information (your "experiences") into so-called "norms"?

please also share which information element you're so hot on the heels of, as that will lend necessary context to your response.

TIM
    Fi/Te 641 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    631 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

these are interesting questions but i have no idea how to answer except to say that i have no perception or awareness of my Te being idiosyncratic.

Word Definition Warrior – WDW Troll Nr 007's Avatar
    TIM
    H-ILE-Ne 7w6-2w1-1w9
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At least Te in EIIs it tends to manifest itself needing to do something but very little idea of how to implement it. Lots of thoughts are harboring around it.

My Si. It can be bit picky, sometimes there is a tendency to get overdose of Si. I don't like to put much stress on my body... there is always a better way. Dressing in haphazard manner and not noticing it. Clothes are appropriate and not expressive but the size and how I carry them is just... and weather makes it even more complicated... The posture is bit droopy. I have strange positions when I sit. I don't know what do with my limbs.

TIM
    Ne EII
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One-dimensional and unconscious Te is terror. I constantly find myself occupied with unnecessary work, usually when there is work that actually needs to be done. More often than not, there's a nagging suspicion at the back of my mind that this is the case whilst I'm in the process of doing it. Sometimes it comes as a huge surprise later on. This can discourage from making an effort of any kind.
    Besides, sometimes when I have an interesting idea, I tend to make ridiculously bad estimation of how much work and resource I need to support it with in order to make it happen.
    I call myself batyote and I fight crime at night.

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Te DS.

Well, I find myself going through the same routines for years upon end, having someone ask why I have that weird routine, then sit there forever thinking, "why the hell DO I do this routine, and why'd it even start," and I think, and I think, and I think... Then I shrug my shoulders and keep on doing it.

Example, got into a routine of working tons and paying a now-ex gf's bills. Lasted for years. I'd wake up, go to work, call and check in on her, discuss finances, etc, and it became a routine. Couldn't even remember how I managed to get into it in the first place, just kept on doing it.

Another example, for some reason I got into the habit of going through Socionics. Can't remember how or why, but it's been over a year now. I know Socionics is retarded BS that someone randomly made up because they failed at marriage, and that it's logically impossible and the opposite of objective. Hell, it doesn't even consider gender, which is a pretty damned important part of relationships objectively. Yet, here I am, plucking away at this goofy ass system. Seriously, why the hell did I start this >_> oh well lol

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Idiosyncratic Fe DS?

Hmmm, difficult for me to provide examples because I am very non-cognizant of Fe related things and how it effects me. I suppose it manifest in how I always feel separated from people and the masses. Even in the very early days I felt very reluctant to join in and interact with others. I remember my first day of preschool where I literally had to be forced on to the school bus because I did not want to leave the comfort of home and interact with all these strange people. I was one of the very few kids in school who didn't have a cell phone, simply because I would of had no use for one anyway.(I do now though for obvious practical reasons) I never joined in any extracurricular activites like dances, sports games, celebrations either. The thing is I probably could go out and make more friends if I tried, but I hold back for reasons I find hard to explain. I feel as if I am sentenced to live my life alone, away from others and away from society. I suppose I am subconsciously inviting an "Fe savior", someone who could show me it is not really all that bad to express your inner feelings and emotions, and to enjoy the company of other people.

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That paragraph is mostly about Fi, Relationships, not Fe, emotions.