TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Model G

https://www.facebook.com/ModelGulenko/?fref=photo

Just found this model recently. It looks pretty interesting/useful. Does anyone know anymore about it? Is this something that is becoming more commonly used?

Probably can't read it, but you get an idea. If you want to read it then you need to click the link.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I.enjoy your posts because you write and sound so much like another ILI forum member EyeSeeCold who I miss
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's not considered part of Socionics. With it, Gulenko effectively left Socionics and called Model A "classical socionics." It's effectively a version of Model B by someone who couldn't process Model B.

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy8419 View Post
    It's effectively a version of Model B by someone who couldn't process Model B.
    How is this? Is it more simplified than model B?

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Contra View Post
    How is this? Is it more simplified than model B?
    No, it's a more complicated way to try and solve what Model B already did, which is Libido (energy). I had looked through it previously and was confused by how Gulenko could have missed such. In MBTI, the functional stacking shows what Model B shows, except it only shows the Libido flow. Model A did not include Libido, whereas MBTI did not include information. Model B reconciled the two into a single model. Gulenko is trying to holograph, that is, turn it inside out, Model A to see the opposite side presented by MBTI and how they connect. He's just trying to make Model B and doesn't realize it.

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

No, it's a more complicated way to try and solve what Model B already did, which is Libido (energy). I had looked through it previously and was confused by how Gulenko could have missed such. In MBTI, the functional stacking shows what Model B shows, except it only shows the Libido flow. Model A did not include Libido, whereas MBTI did not include information. Model B reconciled the two into a single model. Gulenko is trying to holograph, that is, turn it inside out, Model A to see the opposite side presented by MBTI and how they connect. He's just trying to make Model B and doesn't realize it.
    Curious, where have you seen him say he cares about mbti? I'd want to read.

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's made statements regarding correlations between Socionics and MBTI, and between Socionics and Big 5. Also, that picture has MBTI in it, and he references such things in some of his videos. I don't have references, but you may be able to troll through that Facebook page. He's purportedly a believer in J/P switch for conversion. For big 5, he places openness as intuition, agreeableness as feeling, conscientiousness as rationality, and extroversion is obvious. MBTI/Big5 studies show conscientiousness is Judging

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks interesting....

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It may be a better model than Model B for understanding things for some personality types. Model B was made by Bukalov who is ILE and in my supervision ring, so I understand him easiest

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Is this something that is becoming more commonly used?
    No. One from a pile of Gulenko's strange hypotheses.

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I remember my time as stoned and chronically depressed teenager. When I would be active I'd make models like this, with nice arrows and abreviations. Sometimes I even believed it meant something.

The above is to say that the facebook page above doesn't look like one from a professional adult but more a deluded teenager. One of the reasons I have troubles with Socionics; the marketing and product development is garbage.

Still waiting for that socionics for dummies book

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Reficulris View Post
    I remember my time as stoned and chronically depressed teenager. When I would be active I'd make models like this, with nice arrows and abreviations. Sometimes I even believed it meant something.

The above is to say that the facebook page above doesn't look like one from a professional adult but more a deluded teenager. One of the reasons I have troubles with Socionics; the marketing and product development is garbage.

It's called "Relationships for Dummies," but it's only ever read by people who don't want relationships lol

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Just found this model recently. It looks pretty interesting/useful. Does anyone know anymore about it? Is this something that is becoming more commonly used?
    I've cursorily browsed a few Model G discussions on Russian-speaking websites and forums. Turns out that Model "G" was proposed by Gulenko back in 1995, so it is something that is making a re-entry from many years ago. It's an attempt to further reformat and improve Model "A" to encompass energy metabolism along with information metabolism, as well as account for some intertype relationship interpretation gaps (e.g. what makes dual relationships not as common as would be predicted on basis of Model A alone).

I'm guessing Gulenko is interested in tying in some of the theoretical aspects of socionics to research in cognitive science and psychology that has been conducted in the West up to date. Hence his intertest in Dario Nardi's work and resurrection of his old energo-model. As most of the people interested in the development of socionics are aware of the current shortcomings of Model A as well as of futility of proceeding further without some experimental results.

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Model B already has Energy, though lol

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I have hard time to see it as new model. Alternative interpretation of Model A with different words. It is more like a fork taking into a consideration on how many ways Model A is interpreted. Partially it gives impression of going bit deeper but at the expense of IE interplay within a person. Creative vs demonstrative is bit hazy.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Hypothesis and representation in progress not a finished product. It is pretty weird how much I can put time on polishing things and never finish the whole project. Those countless hours I put in use when I wrote organic molecules with LaTeX syntax.... (yes, I'm insane)

TIM
    Dyslexic 17
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silke View Post
    I've cursorily browsed a few Model G discussions on Russian-speaking websites and forums. Turns out that Model "G" was proposed by Gulenko back in 1995, so it is something that is making a re-entry from many years ago. It's an attempt to further reformat and improve Model "A" to encompass energy metabolism along with information metabolism, as well as account for some intertype relationship interpretation gaps (e.g. what makes dual relationships not as common as would be predicted on basis of Model A alone).

I'm guessing Gulenko is interested in tying in some of the theoretical aspects of socionics to research in cognitive science and psychology that has been conducted in the West up to date. Hence his intertest in Dario Nardi's work and resurrection of his old energo-model. As most of the people interested in the development of socionics are aware of the current shortcomings of Model A as well as of futility of proceeding further without some experimental results.
    What's your DCNH subtype?

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It seems to me that Model G is based on Gulenko's extensive experience with the types, and it seems generally more based on reality than Model B. The interpretation of +/- is also a lot more intuitive, although oversimplified. I use the same way of assigning signs because it assigns the same signs to benefit/supervision rings. It encapsulates the idea of "information flow", which Model B does not. edit: I take this back, Model B has this concept too. However, neither G nor B give a good operationalization of this concept, IMO.

However, some of the specific definitions of signed IM elements that Gulenko uses seem like they could be improved, like +Si = maximizing comfort and -Si = minimizing discomfort, or -Fe = negative emotion and +Fe = positive emotion. I have presented on my website what I believe to be a more coherent set of definitions, although they are still a work in progress. The signs help to explain the relationships between the elements:

https://wholesocionics.herokuapp.com...low-in-Model-A
    https://wholesocionics.herokuapp.com...ts-in-Model-A2
    Last edited by Exodus; 06-03-2016 at 07:25 AM.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How does it account for dual relationships not being common as they should be in Model A?

TIM
    LII ie TiNx
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NiTx Model G will be released soon.
    Playlist of VICTOR GULENKO VIDEOS on my eponymous YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFts...UNCbndTcDjAODE
    Check out the reviews and read a FREE preview of my comedy stageplay "Wilma & Rena": http://www.lulu.com/shop/ben-vaserla...-23226472.html

TIM
    LII ie TiNx
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chips and underwear View Post
    I call Model A "Model 80s".
    Playlist of VICTOR GULENKO VIDEOS on my eponymous YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFts...UNCbndTcDjAODE
    Check out the reviews and read a FREE preview of my comedy stageplay "Wilma & Rena": http://www.lulu.com/shop/ben-vaserla...-23226472.html

TIM
    LII ie TiNx
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Probably can't read it, but you get an idea. If you want to read it then you need to click the link.
    Here is the Model G playlist on my channel starting with the hangout where Dr G explains it. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis..._wsPXgs20YsWBT

TIM
    LII ie TiNx
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's made statements regarding correlations between Socionics and MBTI, and between Socionics and Big 5. Also, that picture has MBTI in it, and he references such things in some of his videos. I don't have references, but you may be able to troll through that Facebook page. He's purportedly a believer in J/P switch for conversion. For big 5, he places openness as intuition, agreeableness as feeling, conscientiousness as rationality, and extroversion is obvious. MBTI/Big5 studies show conscientiousness is Judging
    With regard to my facebook page, I am a believer in the J/P conversion between Keirsey and all SHS types except FiSi Guardian, TiSi Inspector, SiTi Master.

TIM
    LII ie TiNx
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This deluded teenager says 'thanks'.

TIM
    LII ie TiNx
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dr G and Dario Nardi are in nearly all of the hangouts together in this playlist. The interview is I going thru Model G with Dario without Viktor. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHJD...ckW9ZG6RHTJ7dy Dario has written a paper called the "6th Function" which was about the Gulenko Creative Function eg Ni in Carl Jung (LII). Dario believes it's a Jungian Function which can be developed to be very strong. This is explained in the first video in that playlist.

TIM
    LII ie TiNx
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerfadder View Post
    How does it account for dual relationships not being common as they should be in Model A?
    The lower incidence of dualisation is more to do with incompatible DCNH subtypes. See the three DCNH hangouts I did with Dr G in this playlist. The hangouts are in reverse order. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cy2R...DjAODE&index=5

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Vaserlan View Post
    Dr G and Dario Nardi are in nearly all of the hangouts together in this playlist. The interview is I going thru Model G with Dario without Viktor. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHJD...ckW9ZG6RHTJ7dy Dario has written a paper called the "6th Function" which was about the Gulenko Creative Function eg Ni in Carl Jung (LII). Dario believes it's a Jungian Function which can be developed to be very strong. This is explained in the first video in that playlist.
    I translate this as if you keep in focus your demonstrative element from model A you will eventually be very good at it and it become a strength of yours.

TIM
    LII ie TiNx
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some will just be naturally stronger at their Demonstrative Model A Element. Subtype will help. It's gonna be harder for a TiNx Creative subtype (with accentuated Ne) to be as well focussed as a Harmonising subtype is.

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's really disappointing that there aren't better quality talks about it and victor Gluenko doesn't speak English, makes the videos very hard to watch. Half of it is spoken in russian, I wonder how many people have enough time to waste on that.