- What is work in your opinion? Why do people go to work? Are there any parameters where you can distinguish whether you can do this work or not?
In general, I think work is the action of somebody spending their time and effort, doing something that they may or may not want to do, in exchange for something else. Work might also be a noun, referring to the actual content of the work done, for example homework, or referring to the job itself. In physics, work is when you apply force to move an object.
As I said above, people go to work in order to gain something, for example, money and social status.
As for the question ďwhether I can do this work or notĒ. There are 2 levels of it: (A) whether I can get into the position of doing this in the first place (i.e. would I be hired), and (B) whether I have the actual ability for it.
- Would be mainly about my qualifications and my previous work experience in that field. And also how I present myself during interviews.
- I believe I can learn anything and be great eventually if I try, but I sure have natural affinities for certain fields over the others, just like everybody else, and therefore I could learn so much faster and better in some fields. I guess people would need good self-awareness of their own abilities to answer it. I measure my own ability by comparing it with other people to see where I stand.
- How do people determine the quality of work? How do you determine such quality? How well you can determine the quality of any purchase, do you pay any attention to it?
From what I know, people usually determine the quality with some kind of objective standard, for example the quality control in factories would require the products to be 10cm long, with small variations allowed, within a certain standard deviation etc. I determine the quality of my work by measuring it against other peopleís work.
As for purchases, I define quality by how well it serves its purpose, number of features and specifications. I believe that price and quality should be correlated. A product is of bad quality if other products of a similar price perform better than it.
Of course I pay attention to the quality of the product before buying it. Another factor would be how well it suits me personally.
3. There is a professional right next to you. You always see that you can't perform the way they do. Your feelings, thoughts and actions?
Feelings: respect, admiration, competitiveness, jealousy, nervousness
Thoughts: damn... Iím bad but I could get better. Should I go for it though? I should either (A) try hard to be better, prove myself on par with the person or even better, or (B) just decide that this field is not important anyway and that I can just show how much better I am in some other fields. Iím pretty sure that I could be good at anything if I put enough time and effort on it, but the question is: is this worth it?
4. If you struggle to do something, what can you say about such a task? Tell us your next steps and give examples. Compare with actions of others in a similar situation.
- Try to smile and befriend the person, learn from them. Hide my jealousy and exaggerate my weakness in this area, so that they would be motivated to help me.
- Smile and befriend them and hide my jealousy as well, while at the same time try to find a way to show how good I am at some other field. We could cooperate very well because we are good in different fields.
I donít really have anything to say about such a task. Iím not omnipotent, so of course there are things that I struggle with, itís normal.
If I struggle to do something then I usually google it and try to find out how other people deal with it. I think google can answer any question. Google is god.
Iím rather new to typology, and much as I try, I cannot really understand the vague descriptions of the functions and imagine how it works out in real life, without some examples. I have read pretty much everything on wikisocion, and I know all the words and the basic theory, but I donít know how they manifest in real life, which means I understand nothingÖ therefore, I need to get my own type right before I can do any further learning, by using myself as an example and a starting point. Therefore I asked people to type me, when I first got into typology. And everybody seemed to know much more about it than me, and I know nothing, and they all had conflicting opinions about my type, and I donít know who to trust or what is right. Itís all so confusing, why canít it be simple like math? I want to weed out the wrong opinions, and find out the truth.
I trusted the wrong sources and spent the past months being mistyped, and that is a huge setback to my learning, because I was using myself as a starting point, and my understanding of the functions is completely wrong then if my own type is wrong. Everything is destroyed. This is so frustrating, I will have to reread everything and build it again from scratch. I spent the past few months in vain and is this even worth it anymore.
5. You need to build a pyramid exactly like in Egypt. Your thoughts, feelings and actions?
Thoughts: Well, if Iím ďsupposedĒ to build a pyramid, I will assume that somebody has assigned me the task and provided with enough resources. Because no way am I going to do this for no reason, nor would I accept this task with not enough resources.
Feelings: Heck yeah! This is exciting. Maybe I could even make a name for myself.
I canít wait
Actions: I would first research and find out how people did this in ancient Egypt, and how people build similar things in modern times. Then, I try to improve on their methods, because obviously we are living in another time and we could use so much better techniques. I also consult my architect (if I am provided with one) or just hire a good one (if I am only provided with money). After deciding on the best build, the best site and the best materials, I start purchasing the materials and organizing the actual process with schedules and deadlines. I try to optimize it as well to minimize the working hours (so that I pay less) and maximize the amount of work done per unit time (so that it gets built faster). I will make it as efficient as possible by making sure that there is no idle worker at any moment, just as I did in some city building games. After deciding everything, the rest is only hiring workers and supervising them, making sure that they are following the schedules and the correct procedure.