Thread: Help me determine if I am ILI or SLI

TIM
    RLOEI 6w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Help me determine if I am ILI or SLI

I've been struggling between these two types ever since I discovered socionics. Below are my points in favor of each. It seems that ILI is more likely than SLI.

Points in favor of SLI:
    - I often catastrophize, thinking of all the worst possibilities, which is often attributed to weak Ne.
    - I relate to the Myers description of Si (comparing the past to the present), and I have never related to the Myers description of Ni (hunches, "Aha!" moments).
    - I relate to the judicious renin dichotomy more than the decisive renin dichotomy.

Points in favor of ILI:
    - I highly relate to most socionic descriptions of Ni base, and I have never related to a socionic description of Si base.
    - I relate to descriptions of Si role, but not descriptions of Ni role.
    - I relate to descriptions of gamma values more than descriptions of delta values, but only slightly.
    - On most socionics tests, I score as ILI, very high on Ni, and very low on Si.
    - I showed several descriptions of the types/functions to a personality typology blind close family member, and they said that ILI/Ni fits me much better than SLI/Si. They even said that Si sounds like the opposite of me.
    - I have bouts of hypochondria, which is attributed to ILIs.
    - I feel that my Se is very weak, and that Se DS fits me. I'm inert, choosing to recreate past stimuli over and over again rather than going outside and pursuing something new. I require an outside stimulus of spontaneity to spur activity and new stimulation. I believe that I have the ability to succeed in life, but I'm plagued by uncertainty and hesitation, and I lack the optimism and willpower to do so. I greatly admire people who put will to power, who push forward and never lose hope, who conquer so that they can do good.
    - I relate to the psuedo-aggressor/employee erotic attitude more than I relate to the teacher erotic attitude.
    - I relate to the victim romance style more than the caregiver romance style.
    - I relate to the declaring renin dichotomy more than the asking renin dichotomy.
    - I relate to the negativist renin dichotomy more than the positivist renin dichotomy.
    - I relate to the process renin dichotomy more than the result renin dichotomy.
    - I relate to the democratic renin dichotomy more than the aristocratic renin dichotomy.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

with all the points in favor of ILI>SLI, i'm surprised you're even asking this question. types rarely fit anyone 100%. i think you should loosely consider ILI to be your type and see what kind of roadblocks you run into (in terms of things not fitting, relationships not being described right, etc.)

TIM
    RLOEI 6w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    with all the points in favor of ILI>SLI, i'm surprised you're even asking this question. types rarely fit anyone 100%. i think you should loosely consider ILI to be your type and see what kind of roadblocks you run into (in terms of things not fitting, relationships not being described right, etc.)
    I'm asking because in type me threads I'm usually typed as SLI or ISTJ in the MBTI with consensus, such as I was here: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...onnaire-(Food) I agree with you though.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILI > SLI

And fwiw I'm Ne-base and I have been known to think of all the worst possibilities, which SLIs have been known to help me not worry about as much (maybe bc they are more grounded, or bc they are less aware of so many negative possibilities, or said possibilities just seem more abstract and less likely to plague them... clearly I don't actually know why this is, but it doesn't seem to be related to weak Ne imo).
    "In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is." - Yogi Berra

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Reading the questionnaire I noticed strong Te right away, then Fi/Te values. You don't seem nerdy or distinctly "intense," which might influence people more towards judiciousness when typing you because of certain stereotypes (which are rooted in some truth but not infallible). There are little things to point in the direction of ILI>SLI like not feeling at home in any particular environment and the qualities you appreciate in others (which can be present in IEEs but are more generally associated with SEEs).

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I want to add that being Te subtype and /or not enneagram sx-first might be mitigating factors in not seeming like an obvious decisive type, if you've given any thought to these things?

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILI.

I didn't get around to responding to your questionare thread, but my intial impression was ILI.

TIM
    RLOEI 6w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    I want to add that being Te subtype and /or not enneagram sx-first might be mitigating factors in not seeming like an obvious decisive type, if you've given any thought to these things?
    I didn't make a connection between enneagram and renin, but I'm pretty sure that I'm a Te subtype and a 6 sp/sx. My enneagram type has always been clear to me.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Food View Post
    I didn't make a connection between enneagram and renin, but I'm pretty sure that I'm a Te subtype and a 6 sp/sx. My enneagram type has always been clear to me.
    oh, sx tends to get conflated with Se (and Fe, and beta) somehow. i don't know if theres any structural/justifiable sort of reason for this.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Hi @lungs

Oh they have a lot of similarities since is the difference. ILI are much more active willing to take initiatives and work SLI are classically more relaxed less active with go go attitude and they are relaxed outwardly. ILI look for shot to do because they constantly look at the calendar and time. Please read this http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/content.php/73
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

hi @Maritsa

TIM
    RLOEI 6w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    These descriptions are difficult to grasp (it says itself that the Si description is unclear), but I relate to the Ni description more than the Si description. I certainly do not possess "the ability to change the qualities of the surrounding space and the sensations of people who are located within it" or "the ability to recreate previously experienced aesthetic sensations" or "the ability to mould and perfect not only one's own aesthetic tastes and habits, but also those of other people". I am able to avoid physical discomfort and protect others from physical discomfort to some extent, but that applies to almost everybody.