I've been struggling between these two types ever since I discovered socionics. Below are my points in favor of each. It seems that ILI is more likely than SLI.
Points in favor of SLI:
- I often catastrophize, thinking of all the worst possibilities, which is often attributed to weak Ne.
- I relate to the Myers description of Si (comparing the past to the present), and I have never related to the Myers description of Ni (hunches, "Aha!" moments).
- I relate to the judicious renin dichotomy more than the decisive renin dichotomy.
Points in favor of ILI:
- I highly relate to most socionic descriptions of Ni base, and I have never related to a socionic description of Si base.
- I relate to descriptions of Si role, but not descriptions of Ni role.
- I relate to descriptions of gamma values more than descriptions of delta values, but only slightly.
- On most socionics tests, I score as ILI, very high on Ni, and very low on Si.
- I showed several descriptions of the types/functions to a personality typology blind close family member, and they said that ILI/Ni fits me much better than SLI/Si. They even said that Si sounds like the opposite of me.
- I have bouts of hypochondria, which is attributed to ILIs.
- I feel that my Se is very weak, and that Se DS fits me. I'm inert, choosing to recreate past stimuli over and over again rather than going outside and pursuing something new. I require an outside stimulus of spontaneity to spur activity and new stimulation. I believe that I have the ability to succeed in life, but I'm plagued by uncertainty and hesitation, and I lack the optimism and willpower to do so. I greatly admire people who put will to power, who push forward and never lose hope, who conquer so that they can do good.
- I relate to the psuedo-aggressor/employee erotic attitude more than I relate to the teacher erotic attitude.
- I relate to the victim romance style more than the caregiver romance style.
- I relate to the declaring renin dichotomy more than the asking renin dichotomy.
- I relate to the negativist renin dichotomy more than the positivist renin dichotomy.
- I relate to the process renin dichotomy more than the result renin dichotomy.
- I relate to the democratic renin dichotomy more than the aristocratic renin dichotomy.