Thread: Share Your Makeup Routine

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default .

Last edited by Lily; 09-09-2022 at 08:57 PM.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

foundation + powder. it takes a few minutes. i used to apply eye liner, shadow and mascara, but i don't really bother these days as i feel my appearance is terrible and so i don't feel inspired.

netflix and don't touch me Emmym's Avatar
    TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

regular primer > eyelid primer > dab on liquid foundation, then buff it in > dab on concealer, buff that in too > contour cheekbones > blush > highlight cheeks, browbone, chin and nose > brush in crease color > add darker crease color near outer corner > brush over with lid color (weird, I know) > play with other colors if I'm feeling fancy > setting spray, wait a few min > fill in eyebrows > mascara > lipstick

I should really start lining my lips.
    someday the grapes will be wine
    and someday you will be mine

EII-Ne 2w3 - 9w1 - 7w8 so/sx

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I probably spend more time on my hair than anything else. I just cut it but it is still long, like right at my hips, when I straighten it. In the shower I wash my hair first, leave conditioner on until the very end, exfoliate and smooth (everything) then moisturizer (in shower kind). I have very little body hair, fortunately, and what I have is very light and fine, probably from years of waxing some areas.I would like to have laser hair removal some day so I don't ever have to shave or wax again. Coconut or argan oil in my hair, while very wet, because it helps shape and smooth the curl. Sometimes I condition with pure virgin olive oil overnight then wash out in the morning. After my shower I keep my hair in a towel for an hour or two until I style it. It stays wet a long time, so I drink coffee and check forums while waiting. Sometimes I watch a whole movie with my hair in a towel. I call it multitasking.

If my color is fading I spend extra time using red color restoring shampoos and conditioners. I don't like to color often so I only do my roots, when needed, but try to limit full hair coloring to every 6 months. Color restoring keeps my hair color while limiting damage. I have been red for awhile and it is hard to maintain otherwise. I do not wash my hair every day but co-washes are ok for everyday, only if needed, but still strips the color. If it looks good, when I wake, I put a bit more oil in it, finger comb it, then use a turbie twist towel to keep it dry while I shower.

I put my contacts in after the humidity clears, moisturizer on my face, lip balm or coconut oil on lips, brow filler/color, then take my hair out of the towel to twist it. I usually let it continue to dry naturally but I have a ceramic, ionic dryer and ceramic tourmaline straightener when I want it smooth. On a typical day when I do not have to go anywhere I take my time. I do my nails a couple times a week but sometimes I leave my fingernails bare but not my toes. I do wear earrings and hair accessories most days, even when I am not going out. I like to play with different hairstyles but I usually end up pulling it up if I don't feel like dealing with it, even after an hour of straightening sometimes, since it starts to bug me when it is in my face while I am on the computer. I like slouchy caps lately and wear them often now that the weather has cooled. It also hides roots when I am slacking. Sometimes I wear a flower clip or dangling hair jewelry. I am a fan of the single side braid and will weave sparkly things into my braids.

https://www.etsy.com/market/slouchy_hat

If I have somewhere to go I can speed up the whole process by drying on cool setting with a diffuser and I spend some extra time on a brown/black mascara so it doesn't get on or under my contacts. I find rushing it leads to wiping it all off, removing contacts, rinsing and repeat. Oh and sometimes I use bronzer over powder if I am going to an appointment since I am a bit pale these days. I don't really mind looking pale though.

I will use a light, shimmery, full body bronzer, or even a light self tanner, if I am going out for a special occasion. Red or dark purple lipstick looks fine on me but only for dark places and only if I am wearing all black or something red. I also have black lipstick and nail polish for "dark places". I have worn white mascara and nail polish too, with violet/blueish lips and I liked the look. Don't ask where... If I do go out to a club or bar I will go with red, or shades of purple, lips (sometimes) but I skip bronzer and focus on making my lashes long and dark (blackest black). My cheekbones tend to look prominent even when I don't do anything to them. I don't do well with fake lashes but I like to pair two different mascaras (false fibers) that make people think I have false lashes on. But that is only for events and parties. I actually like nude shades of everything because it looks like I am not really wearing makeup so I would wear those for a day event. I am fortunate that I basically earn my money sitting at home so I do not have to do any of this to go to work in a professional environment anymore. I can spend my days makeup free so washing my face at night takes very little time or effort. I spend about 10 minutes on my teeth in the morning and again at night. I floss every day. I have electronic gadgets for my teeth. Sonic toothbrush and waterpik. I love them and recommend to everyone.

This all sounds long and complicated when I read over it but it really is all done at a relaxed pace and doesn't take a lot of effort really. At least not more than I feel comfortable putting into it. I do have to take a medication (off label) before I shower due to a water allergy but it is not the worst kind of water allergy one can have and I live a normal life with it. I take 30-40 minute showers after I numb myself. The meds make me a bit more spacy and imaginative so I start to commune with water. When I have somewhere to be I have to set a timer so I am not late. Even though the meds can make me lose track of time but the effect does not last all day only the first couple of hours.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    IEI 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It changes occasionally, but for now my day-to-day routine (not every day but most days):
    Moisturize (Eucerin)
    Primer (Missha M Signature Real Complete)
    Foundation (Etude House Stay Up Foundation in Beige but when I was tanner I liked the Maybelline Fit Me Matte in Natural Beige 220 and I love Becca foundation)
    Undereye concealer (Maybelline Age Rewind in the palest one)
    Regular concealer (Makeup Forever Full Cover in Shade 6 now or 10 when tan)
    Mascara (Maybelline Full & Soft or Loreal Voluminous Million Lashes; Givenchy mascara for second coat)
    Blush/Bronzer (Some Rimmel or Physicians Formula bronzer/blush)
    Lip Balm (I like cocoa butter lip balms)
    Lipstick and Liner (I use Revlon for both but I want some MAC lip liners)

Oh, forgot hair:
    Scrunch clean wet hair with a towel after shampooing with It's a 10 Silk shampoo and Fekkai or Frizz-Ease conditioner, wait until it dries a little (still somewhat wet or damp) then put Bedhead curl cream in it and Frizz-Ease mousse scrunch it all in, pull in a high bun and sleep with it like that. Wake up and scrunch some gel or more mousse into the hair and put Argan oil on the ends and sometimes everywhere. Straighten bangs.

For nighttime skin-care, I have eye cream and some Korean snail cream (supposed to rejuvenate skin) but I often forget to use them, and I usually put on acne cream as well. I wash my face with Burt's Bees sensitive facial cleanser.

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

foundation + corrector + powder + cheek colour + mascara + eyeliner + red lipstick

For cosmetics I can't use most of the creams from drugstores, because I am allergic to most of them. After all, I am too lazy to actually really take care of my skin, so I rarely use them anyway.
    I have Toleriane Ultra Fluide from La Roche-Posay as for my face cream and I use Lipobase cream I have from my dermatologist when my skin gets very dry.

For my hair I use schauma shampoo for dyed hair and Silver balm for bleached hair to get rid of the yellow colour. I also use Gliss Kur oil treatment for dyed hair. Sometimes when I am not in a hurry I apply olive oil in my hair.
    I usually use the hair iron to make my hair look smoother, though I straighten it far less than I used to.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    Same

LOL

My routine is basically the same everyday. Acne.org treatment gel > moisturizer > Smashbox 15 Hour Foundation > Powder > MAC Blush >Bronzer > Smashbox All Nighter makeup setting spray > Mac Blacktrack eyeliner with a cat eye and then mascara.

Even though it looks like a lot of makeup, I almost always end up looking like I'm not wearing anything, especially if I don't do the cat eye. I guess that's good but sometimes I wonder how women look so good with it on, sometimes you want some makeup to show, ya know?

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I laughed so hard at the beauty guru video.