View Poll Results: how much do you care about your cultures mass consumed Sports?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • not the slightest interest.

14 63.64%
  • i can stand viewing them, if i must

7 31.82%
  • i'll root for the hometeam, but it isn't my life

4 18.18%
  • go to games, watch regularly, talk stats, argue players and calls

1 4.55%
  • im gunna beat the shit outa dat fagit inda cowboys hat

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: do you care about sports?

Creepy-bg

Default do you care about sports?

?

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love playing sports, but watching others do it is sooo boring. I might catch the rare Soccer or Hockey final at a bar or with a group of people, but that's as far as I want it to go.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Nah. Like a typical fag, I don't care about sports at all lol. I sometimes wish I did, so I could like not fit a stereotype but... oh well.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I don't really care about cars either.

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I like "the football", although mostly from a statistical point of view nowadays, and also Formula 1 (which I jokingly refer to as "the Bee Gees"), although I know nothing about cars. If an event is one of historic note, I will try to watch it, no matter what it is. This has included things like rugby, cycling, athletics...not cricket so much, as it is not "free to air". But of course when the London Olympics was on, I watched many things. Not so interested in horse racing or motorbiking though. the rugby world cup was recently in England (and Wales), and on tv...but I did not watch it.

Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

nah, going to games would be fun if you got a booth and just get drunk the whole time

Exits, pursued by a bear. Animal's Avatar
    TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love (American) football, and watch as many NFL games as my schedule allows. Despite its reputation as a bunch of meat-heads piling up on top of each other with little rhyme or reason, it's actually a really intelligent game with exquisitely choreographed plays and mind-boggling feats of quick-thinking and athleticism from many of the players. It's a thinking person's game: you can see the Ivy League egghead roots in how brilliantly convoluted it is, especially compared to soccer or even rugby. I think a lot of people who find the game boring might really enjoy it once they understand all the rules and what each player is supposed to be doing. It just looks like fits and starts of manic aggression if you don't know the mechanics of the game.

I'm a fan of the Eagles out of hometown loyalty, but this season I've really enjoyed watching the Panthers and the Cardinals as well. Honorable mention to the Bengals. Still don't give a fuck about the Redskins and am largely indifferent to the Ravens, even though I've technically now lived in the D.C./Baltimore area longer than Philly.
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
    -- Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet