Thread: The Importance of the Hidden Agenda (Part II)

Board philosopher or bored philosopher? jason_m's Avatar
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default The Importance of the Hidden Agenda (Part II)

What do you like in a person? Is it important and do you not talk about it? What do you mind? Again, do you not talk about it as well? Are you always on the lookout for these traits? My theory is that all of this is connected, and connected through one's hidden agenda. In my case, I love someone silly, attention-grabbing, outgoing, loud, over-the-top. I mind someone dead-serious, tough-minded, mean-spirited. That makes me "LII", as what I like is the least serious (i.e., "Fe") and what I mind is the most serious (i.e., "Se") - and this is a big issue for me that I don't talk about with anyone that I'm always on the lookout for. This all sounds similar to the notion of one's "hidden agenda." If that's the case, what I like could be the "most" Fe and what I dislike could be the "least." In other words, could it be what grabs the "hidden agenda" in a positive way could also hit it in a negative way - and that's what our "vulnerable function" and our "suggestive function" really are? And therefore, the same pattern would apply to everyone? What do you think?
    Last edited by jason_m; 11-20-2015 at 05:32 AM.
    LII

Board philosopher or bored philosopher? jason_m's Avatar
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You want evidence? What would be my hidden agenda? To me, it is about friendliness. Therefore, someone friendly would hit on my hidden agenda in a positive way. What is Se, then - my PoLR? That would be someone hostile... But what is hostility - unfriendliness! Do you see how the two interact? What is friendly hits on my 'hidden agenda' in a good way; unfriendliness in a bad way! Do you see how the two might be connected as one function? In fact, most of the good relations are with friendly people, and most of the bad with those who are unfriendly... Ask yourself, then: do you see any relationship between your suggestive function and your PoLR? Are the two, in fact, opposite? EDIT: I would be interested in hearing if my theory is correct...

Jason
    Last edited by jason_m; 11-25-2015 at 01:56 PM.
    LII

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jason_m View Post
    What do you like in a person? Is it important and do you not talk about it? What do you mind? Again, do you not talk about it as well? Are you always on the lookout for these traits? My theory is that all of this is connected, and connected through one's hidden agenda. In my case, I love someone silly, attention-grabbing, outgoing, loud, over-the-top. I mind someone dead-serious, tough-minded, mean-spirited. That makes me "LII", as what I like is the least serious (i.e., "Fe") and what I mind is the most serious (i.e., "Se") - and this is a big issue for me that I don't talk about with anyone that I'm always on the lookout for. This all sounds similar to the notion of one's "hidden agenda." If that's the case, what I like could be the "most" Fe and what I dislike could be the "least." In other words, could it be what grabs the "hidden agenda" in a positive way could also hit it in a negative way - and that's what our "vulnerable function" and our "suggestive function" really are? And therefore, the same pattern would apply to everyone? What do you think?
    If you're still trying to figure out your type then I've found it's best to pin down your erotic style. Once you've identified your Lead or Influencing/dual seeking function you've narrowed it down to 2 possibilities, and their erotic styles are quite different. So if ya have it narrowed down just ask yourself what camp you're in. Do you want to take care of someone or be taken care of by someone? Do you wish to conquer another person and claim them as your own or be conquered by a worthy conqueror and essentially be claimed as theirs? There are four camps, figuring out which one you're in really helps to narrow it down, it's how I figured out my own type.

However, the hidden agenda is still very important, as that's the motivating function, the thing that actually drives you forward, which is why I think people seek their duals and are drawn to them. The dual is someone who frequently supplies that motivation. Not so often that it becomes exhausting over time (i.e. Activity relationships), but often enough that it does cause them to get more done than they otherwise would have. It's also an important facet of understanding someone, as the HA is the motivation behind most of their activity, once you nail it down understanding why someone did X becomes much more simple.

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jason_m View Post
    You want evidence? What would be my hidden agenda? To me, it is about friendliness. Therefore, someone friendly would hit on my hidden agenda in a positive way. What is Se, then - my PoLR? That would be someone hostile... But what is hostility - unfriendliness! Do you see how the two interact? What is friendly hits on my 'hidden agenda' in a good way; unfriendliness in a bad way! Do you see how the two might be connected as one function? In fact, most of the good relations are with friendly people, and most of the bad with those who are unfriendly... Ask yourself, then: do you see any relationship between your suggestive function and your PoLR? Are the two, in fact, opposite? EDIT: I would be interested in hearing if my theory is correct...

Jason
    Are you speaking of emotions or of cordiality? Friendliness just means willingness to interact in a positive manner. Once you know specifically what it is you are referencing, the next step is to determine if it is something you wish to be responsible for, or if it is something you want your partner to be responsible for. Increasing facilities of operation may activate me, but it always ends in my strong blocks. This is opposite my dual. We both activate each other but end up being what the other initially activated by.