Thread: Proof of Socionics? --- Finally?

Creepy-theticalanti

Default .

Last edited by theticalanti; 02-29-2016 at 12:55 AM.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Also there may be types of humans who were killed or extinct.. I'll bookmark it to read
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I just wrote to them
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    ESI 684
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Willyum Take4 View Post
    Hey, what's up 16typers. So just yesterday, 11/16/15, Forbes covered an article released here from the Allen Institute here. The Allen Institute has committed $500 million to studying the human brain, and so far they say that out of over 20,000 different genes, these are all expressed in a total of only 32 different types --- I thought we 16typers should find this extremely interesting, since this is something we're familiar with - 16 different types, plus 2 main subtypes/most common types of each of the 16. The studies of the Allen Institute could give weight to the tendencies and patterns in human personality that we are already familiar with.

Thoughts and comments about the article? Do you think articles like this could shed light and credibility to what we study here on this site?

I don't see any comments so far about what each of the 32 different brain type expressions are like. I just skimmed and glanced over everything, but maybe someone else could investigate further, if you have the time.
    Gee, this is about genes, alzheimer and such, not about silly signs and letter soup.

Also, you changed the two-three most important words so as to achieve maximum effect. So, well done!

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The study has nothing to do with personality/cognitive differences between people but focuses on the gene expressions that make a human brain human, and not for example a mouse's. As the article suggests, it's helpful to know how a rat's brain differs from a human brain so those differences can be taken into account when testing on rats any brain related medication possibilities intended for humans.

An example not in those articles but related to research I've been doing on evolution...
    One major difference between a chimpanzee brain and a human brain is the number of pathways to get energy to the brain vs to the bones. In chimps, they have more energy pathways to support the skeletal-muscular system than to support the brain, while humans have significantly more energy pathways to support the brain than to support the skeletal-muscular system. This difference, of course, is reflected in genetic differences between humans and chimpanzees. I don't recall the next part too well, but it had something to do with what would happen to a fetus/child who had less of those pathways than a normal human brain, and the severe cognitive and social deficits it would imply, even if there were still more pathways than a chimp's. It also suggested implications of these difference if using chimps to test medications intended for humans.

This is the kind of stuff that the Allen Institute is studying, not the differences between normal/healthy human brains.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

There may be different traits to form 32 types besides Jung's functions.
    After they'll describe those types, then the situation will be more clear.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I just want them to verify what I've always know. That way it's indispensable and no one will argue with me when I types them
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

One study that was done in an archeological burial site revealed 8 skull mythologies.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

The only way they will discover behavior similarity is through medical general discovery because that's what is being funded to research by big money.
    -

TIM
    ESI 684
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Willyum Take4 View Post
    I liked everyone's responses so far, even those who don't think the article is important, but yours is the one I'm not sure I understand. What 'two-three most important words' are you referring to? I'm pretty sure I just summarized the latest findings. I think it's interesting numerically that they found 32 expressed different brain types.
    Actually, I don't know that now. I must've seen something wrong.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    I just want them to verify what I've always know. That way it's indispensable and no one will argue with me when I types them
    How will that affect the fact that you're mistyping people at least 9 times out of 10?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

That I still types you SLI and for some reason you view your self otherwise is baffling to me.
    -

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

You are delusional.