Thread: Intertypes on the internet

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Default Intertypes on the internet

Obviously interacting with someone online is different than in real life. Do you think it affects the way intertype relationships play out in any specific or reliable way? Like, are there types you get along with online a lot better than you do in real life or vice versa?

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Yeah its a shame how I can get along with SEI and ESE here on the forum because of the free information exchange but in real life I get awkward and miss many potentially good friendships.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

The less information - the less intensity for IR. Internet has more limited communication than "real life".

i've made 2 buddies on the internet whom i get to meet irl too. with one of them, offline meetings are smoother because communication is less link-based (he could be INFj).

other one listens to this song on repeat but it kinda makes me cringe

they are both very special people that i can't really type

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

A sense of distance decreases involvement/investment...so two things come to mind, what muddytextures said about easily connecting with people and inversely, a mirage effect that makes you think you get along with people you really wouldn't otherwise.

TIM
    Si 6 spsx
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it's easier to get along with all types online than in real life due to casual discussions, ability to organize and manage what you say and what kind of image you present of yourself, to join or leave when you want it--in real life it's more difficult to get along with any type

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think so. It has a lot to do with displacement. You can recreate your image online and you don't have anyone to suggest you into a certain attitudes or actions so naturally that makes you more open. I also think the information is more filtered because you have time to think and type. The reason I think it has to do with displacement is that I had a study abroad this summer with some 100 other students I didn't know (apart from 1 guy). I could pretty much get along really well with everybody apart from a couple Fe doms whose relationship soured with me, but even then we were still cordial for the most part.. It helps that it is pretty much a vacation but it also gave me the chance to change how I wanted to portray myself and not worry about what others are thinking or have them subconsciously push me into acting a certain way.

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Forums and social media are beta, in general.