View Poll Results: Arnold Schwarzenegger's type?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • ILE (ENTp)

    0 0%
  • SEI (ISFp)

    0 0%
  • ESE (ESFj)

    0 0%
  • LII (INTj)

    0 0%
  • SLE (ESTp)

    0 0%
  • IEI (INFp)

    0 0%
  • EIE (ENFj)

    0 0%
  • LSI (ISTj)

    1 20.00%
  • SEE (ESFp)

    0 0%
  • ILI (INTp)

    0 0%
  • LIE (ENTj)

    1 20.00%
  • ESI (ISFj)

    0 0%
  • IEE (ENFp)

    0 0%
  • SLI (ISTp)

    1 20.00%
  • LSE (ESTj)

    2 40.00%
  • EII (INFj)

    0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 98

Thread: Arnold Schwarzenegger

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Munich - Germany
    Posts
    30
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Arnold Schwarzenegger

    Hi There!

    I'm new to the forum and I appreciate guessing celebreties type. This is one I've been thinking of for a long time but never been quite sure.

    What do you think is Arnold Schwarzeneggers type? For the most time of his live he was very focused on the physics of his body and working with it, so I think he is a introverted senser. His lack of emotions and typical passionless face expression narrows this down to ISTP.

    Very interesting in this man I find, that it looks like he has achieved everything he set his mind on. He wanted to be a Top-Bodybuiler, so he dit it, he wanted to go to America and get famous, so he dit it, he wanted to be a Hollywood Filmstar, so he did it, he wanted to be Governeur, so he did it, and there is still more coming if you ask me.
    It seems this behaviour, this strong will power and determination do relate to ISTPs Extraverted Thinking. But I'm not sure on this.

    So what do you think?









    Last edited by silke; Today at 01:44 AM. Reason: updated videos

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    105
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    He's ESTP.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jockl
    For the most time of his live he was very focused on the physics of his body and working with it, so I think he is a introverted senser.
    This can be either Se or Si. I know plenty of guys who spend a lot of their time in the gym, ESTPs, ISTPs, ENFPs, etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jockl
    ...he has achieved everything he set his mind on. He wanted to be a Top-Bodybuiler, so he dit it, he wanted to go to America and get famous, so he dit it, he wanted to be a Hollywood Filmstar, so he did it, he wanted to be Governeur, so he did it, and there is still more coming if you ask me.
    Those are more Se than Te.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Tallinn
    Posts
    595
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I don't know how, but in these pictures Arnie looks like INTJ.
    Semiotical process

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Munich - Germany
    Posts
    30
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    @Sportsfan:

    You're right. I just re-read the Function Description of Se, and it sounds very much like Arnold.
    My father worked in the same factory in munich as Arnie did, before he went to America, and he told me that Arnie always dreamed of going to Hollywood and had self-confidence about it, despite people laughing at him about this.
    This determination and will power relates very good with ESTPs attitude to set them great goals to achieve, and to the Se characteristics.

    Hm I'm wondering why I haven't seen this obivious thing before ^^.

  5. #5
    Creepy-Dank

    Default

    He does look like an INTj

  6. #6

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    elsewhere
    Posts
    41
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ISTj. Introverted sensor with ambitions.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Munich - Germany
    Posts
    30
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ISTj. Introverted sensor with ambitions.
    How do you come to this??
    ISTjs don't like to be in the spotlight, they don't like to present and show themselves (and thats what body-building in the style Arnie did it is), ISTjs don't have that much self confidence, and there determination comes more from stubborness than from will power. They will do what thay are said to do, and try go with the masses. They will not stand up and scream out what there ambitions are to force them through whatever stands in there way. Thats what Arnie did.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    elsewhere
    Posts
    41
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ISTjs don't like to be in the spotlight, they don't like to present and show themselves (and thats what body-building in the style Arnie did it is), ISTjs don't have that much self confidence, and there determination comes more from stubborness than from will power.
    and yet Julia Roberts is an ISTj... istj celebs.

    Look at some of the other ISTj's on that list. That verifies that it is possible for a celebrity to have that type.

    It is just a possibility.

    Extroversion would explain some of this as well. This site types him as an ESTJ.

    INTj does not seem likely, since you are going by stereotypes here, I can too - INTjs are not typically considered athletes. He could be INTj with a low N score, which would make him nearly ISTj. However, ask yourself if INTjs like the spotlight.
    My new verdict is ESTj. Athletes are typically ST. J is because Arnold is demaning of himself, and has high standards.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    105
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fairgeek
    This site types him as an ESTJ.

    INTj does not seem likely, since you are going by stereotypes here, I can too - INTjs are not typically considered athletes. He could be INTj with a low N score, which would make him nearly ISTj. However, ask yourself if INTjs like the spotlight.
    My new verdict is ESTj. Athletes are typically ST. J is because Arnold is demaning of himself, and has high standards.


    That site is TERRIBLE! How can you trust it...

    Hitler, ENFJ?
    George Harrison, ENFJ?
    Mussolini, ENFP?
    Richard Nixon, ENFP?
    bin Laden, ENFP?
    Mark Twain, ENTJ?
    Abe Lincoln, ISTJ?
    G. W., ISFJ?
    Marilyn Monroe, ISFJ?
    Paul McCartney, ESTP?
    Napolean, ESFP?
    Hemmingway, ISFP?

    Arnold is NOT Judging.

  11. #11
    Creepy-dank

    Default

    Stop resorting to stereotypes people. I'm sure that I'm no better a typist than the next man, but he looks like an INTj, and he acts an introverted intuitive in interviews (howard Stern, Leno ect..)

    I'm sure there is a sizable number if INTjs athletes, and body building is very reasonable as it would be part of his hidden agenda. Mark Walhberg is pretty jacked as well, and he's supposedly an INTj.

    Arnold was an actor and is now a politician.

    Every one of the 16 types is represented among actors as well as politicans. And there is no logical reason that one can use to base on type that would allow one to conclude that a certain type is to make a transition from acting to politics, because the possible motives are numerous.

  12. #12
    Creepy-dank

    Default

    by introvered intuitive i mean (Infp, infj, intp, intj) not necessarily one who has introverted intutiion in the ego

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    elsewhere
    Posts
    41
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Napolean, ESFP?
    Socionics sites type Napoleon as ESFP. Infact, the ESFP type is called "Napoleon" by some of these sites. http://socionika.adelaida.net/personal.html

    I was just saying my own opinion, it doesn't mean I'm right.

    However, many on that list are dead. We make assumptions about their personality based on how they dealt with people and problems in public. In no way does that verify that they acted like that away from it. Unless you happen to believe in exorcists or are one yourself, there is no way of getting them (except for the handful who are alive) to take a personality test. Their personalities are used as examples for these types because they are well known historical/entertainment figures. Their character in public settings is well known.

    Arnold is NOT Judging.
    Prove that Arnold is not judging.

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    105
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dank
    Stop resorting to stereotypes people. I'm sure that I'm no better a typist than the next man, but he looks like an INTj, and he acts an introverted intuitive in interviews (howard Stern, Leno ect..)

    I'm sure there is a sizable number if INTjs athletes, and body building is very reasonable as it would be part of his hidden agenda. Mark Walhberg is pretty jacked as well, and he's supposedly an INTj.
    I'm not saying that he is not INTJ because he is an athlete, I'm saying he is not an INTJ because he is Extroverted, Sensing, Thinking, and Perceiving.

    Quote Originally Posted by fairgeek
    Prove that Arnold is not judging.
    http://socionics.com/advan/prof/estp.htm

    http://socionics.com/advan/prof/estj.htm

    Quote Originally Posted by fairgeek
    J is because Arnold is demaning of himself, and has high standards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jockl
    I just re-read the Function Description of Se, and it sounds very much like Arnold.
    My father worked in the same factory in munich as Arnie did, before he went to America, and he told me that Arnie always dreamed of going to Hollywood and had self-confidence about it, despite people laughing at him about this.
    This determination and will power relates very good with ESTPs attitude to set them great goals to achieve, and to the Se characteristics.

    Hm I'm wondering why I haven't seen this obivious thing before ^^.

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    elsewhere
    Posts
    41
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm not saying that he is not INTJ because he is an athlete, I'm saying he is not an INTJ because he is Extroverted, Sensing, Thinking, and Perceiving.

    fairgeek wrote:
    Prove that Arnold is not judging.

    http://socionics.com/advan/prof/estp.htm

    http://socionics.com/advan/prof/estj.htm
    I see your point on ESTp matching Arnold's personality. "You are a wilful and determined person. You always set yourself far-reaching goals and don't like to waste your energy on small, unimportant matters." That does sound more like him. However, parts of the ESTj personality match as well- "...You accurately judge the effectiveness of undertaken projects. You are always very well informed in the field of your activity... You appreciate high quality in finished work very much and do not like lack of discipline or laziness in others. You know how to create good working conditions for yourself and others..."

  16. #16

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    105
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fairgeek
    However, many on that list are dead. We make assumptions about their personality based on how they dealt with people and problems in public. In no way does that verify that they acted like that away from it. Unless you happen to believe in exorcists or are one yourself, there is no way of getting them (except for the handful who are alive) to take a personality test. Their personalities are used as examples for these types because they are well known historical/entertainment figures. Their character in public settings is well known.
    That is true. But I can at least I can make some more reasonable suggestions:

    Hemmingway was an ENTP
    Marylin Monroe was an ISFP
    Lincoln was ENTP or INTJ
    Mark Twain was INTP
    Hitler was probably ENTx
    George Harrison INTP (INFP?)
    bin Laden ENTP
    Nixon ESTJ
    Paul McCartney was a Feeler, and probably Intuative
    Bush is definatley Extroverted, probably ENxJ

  17. #17
    Smilingeyes's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,228
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Delta sleep is what the brain craves to restore itself from the previous day's activity.
    First eliminate every possible source of error. Thence success is inevitable.

  18. #18

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    105
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Smilingeyes
    My brother, who is an ESTp has idolized Arnie for almost 20 years. This has forced me to know more about the man than I would like and I feel quite confident in saying that that ESTj description does not describe 'The Terminator'. Arnold is not a man of discipline. Nor does he care about being well prepared or quality. He only cares about nominal achievement for that is what he defines himself by. And the man has some major history of creating hellish work conditions for others. He's an ESTp.
    Thanks, Smilingeyes.

    His lack of discipline has also caused him to do stupid things like pulling up womens' skirts in public. Ouch.

  19. #19
    Hiding Typhon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Valhalla
    TIM
    Ni-ENFj
    Posts
    2,645
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Just a warning: we have to be aware that we tend to project stereotypes into people without being aware of it. For example its a good idea to ask ourselves if we think hes ESTP simply people because he corresponds to an ESTP stereotype, or if we have objective criteria like we do when we type ourselves. Im not blaming anyone in particular just warning.

    I dont know what his type is, he could very well be ESTP, but there is no real arguemant so far as to why, except that his (or at leats his appearance of) wilfullness could suggest .

  20. #20

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    345
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I can't say much on this topic, only that I once saw a Socionics site which typed Arnold Schwarzenegger as an INFj, but it did not explain the reasons why.

  21. #21

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,246
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I saw Pumping Iron not too long ago . . . from what I saw of his personality in that film, he seemed more estp than anything else. I'm thinking that film is a good example, since it was filmed quite awhile before he became famous.
    Entp
    ILE

  22. #22

    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    671
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Socionics site which typed Arnold Schwarzenegger as an INFj
    What a joke. These people must be crazy...

    I swear there is no INFP like Arnold Schwarzeneggers.
    http://forum.socionix.com

    I don't see what's so important about the possibility of extraterrestrial life. It's just more people to declare war on.

    EVERYONE PLZ CONTINUE TO UPLOAD INFINITE AMOUNT OF PICS OF "CUTE" CATS AND PUPPIES. YOU KNOW WE GIVE A SHIT!!

  23. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Ich bin ein ubel glied
    Posts
    8,198
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    When asked to comment on the fires ravaging his state, Governor-elect Arnold Schwarzenegger said 'These fires are fantastic. I promise the people of California that my term will be non-stop action and excitement — keep it coming, we're gonna have earthquakes and monsoons, we are gonna make California the number one action state in the country.
    -- Tina Fey

    Hmmm ... sounds mighty ESTp to me ...

  24. #24
    Expat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,853
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SportsFan
    Nixon ESTJ
    I've read a lot about Nixon, and despite being a politician he was clearly an introvert.

  25. #25
    Creepy-estp

    Default I think ARnie's an ENTJ

    ENTJ's are very much into women, they're very goal oriented (moreso than ESTP's), and they enjoy "taking command" (moreso than ESTP's). Unlike ESTP's, ENTJ's are super aggressive, but they are very skilled in that you can't see it.

    For an example of their manner, they could say, "I'm sorry, but you have to die" with sincereness before they do you in. THese guys are commanders.....

    ESTP's are misunderstood. I wait in the wings to pounce. ENTJ's are always "ON" and visible.

  26. #26
    ...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    9,167
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Arnold Schwarzenegger, come on - LSE?

    In an interview with Fortune Magazine in 2004, Schwarzenegger told how he suffered what "would now be called child abuse" at the hands of his father. "My hair was pulled. I was hit with belts. So was the kid next door. It was just the way it was. Many of the children I've seen were broken by their parents, which was the German-Austrian mentality. They didn't want to create an individual. It was all about conforming. I was one who did not conform, and whose will could not be broken. Therefore, I became a rebel. Every time I got hit, and every time someone said, 'you can't do this,' I said, 'this is not going to be for much longer, because I'm going to move out of here. I want to be rich. I want to be somebody.'"

    Forgive me if I'm being influenced by MBTT or Keirsey conceptions of the ESTJ, but is this really insight into the mentality of an LSE?

  27. #27
    Snomunegot munenori2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kansas
    TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Posts
    7,739
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    What part seems so farfetched? How do you suppose an LSE would react in such a situation?
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

  28. #28
    implied's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    7,750
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    what were you expecting? and why is that inconsistent with LSE?



    eh, jinx munenori.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

  29. #29
    ...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    9,167
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    As soon as I posted that, I thought "well, why couldn't an LSE think that?". I think part of my original thought processes were related to LSEs as nonconformists, and realising how strange this sounds. This could simply be due to stereotype; it could have no functional implications whatsoever.

  30. #30
    Nothing in the cage of my ribcage
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    1,704
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Arnold Schwarzenegger...

    Type this article... which was written by him.

    What he's saying sounds... Beta?

    Schwarzenegger: Beyond Copenhagen, global warming requires grassroots action / The Christian Science Monitor - CSMonitor.com

    This week, leaders from around the world gather here, in a quest for a global pact to reduce greenhouse-gas emissions and tackle the single greatest challenge of our time.

    I am joining them to discuss the urgency of their efforts, the economic opportunities we can seize, and the tremendous role of subnational governments in climate-change mitigation.

    Some pundits have described Copenhagen as the most important world summit since the end of the Second World War. And it has been suggested that without a binding international agreement, the fight against climate change is unwinnable.

    Now, it certainly would be terrific if the world's governments reached such an agreement. But as much as 80 percent of the necessary greenhouse-gas reductions will happen at the subnational level. So why should we focus all our faith and hope in international action?

    Throughout the course of history, all great movements have been born at the grassroots level. The American independence movement, the civil-rights movement, and the women's suffrage movement were all begun by people who did not wait for others. Then they gained momentum and speed, and swept throughout our nation.

    There is a lesson in this when discussing climate change. Even in the absence of national and international commitments, we must not ignore the tremendous movement that is already under way to solve our environmental and energy problems.

    For example, states, provinces, and cities have been busy passing their own laws and emission targets.

    In California, we are implementing a law to cut our greenhouse-gas emissions 25 percent by the year 2020. We approved the world's first Low Carbon Fuel Standard and tailpipe emissions standards, which the Obama administration has now adopted.

    We have gone out and formed partnerships with other states, provinces, and cities in America, Canada, China, Mexico, and Europe. And right now we are working with the United Nations to assist developing countries, especially in Africa.

    There is a great tectonic shift already under way that is gaining strength every day. And everyone is getting involved, from businesses and entrepreneurs who are investing billions of dollars into green technology, to ordinary citizens who are buying more energy-efficient appliances, conserving water, and choosing to pursue greener lifestyles on their own.

    There are so many amazing examples.

    Right now a foundation in the San Francisco Bay Area is investing in efforts to help upgrade cement factories in China.

    Rajendra Pachauri, a recipient of the Nobel Peace Prize, has started an initiative to replace kerosene lanterns with solar lights for 1 billion rural people.

    Electric utilities are installing millions of square feet of solar panels on warehouse rooftops.

    Four of the world's largest meat producers have agreed not to buy cattle from deforested areas of the Amazon.

    And this movement is about much more than just protecting the environment. It is also about seizing an incredible economic opportunity.

    We can create a new economic foundation for the 21st century that is built on clean fuels, clean cars, and clean energy.

    Today, California leads the United States with more than 125,000 green jobs. In fact, over the past decade, green jobs in California have grown at nearly triple the rate of total job growth.

    And it's not just happening in California.

    Green jobs in Idaho have jumped 126 percent; in Kansas, 51 percent; in New Mexico, 50 percent.

    Texas, which produces the most wind power of any state, has enjoyed a 16 percent increase.

    One hundred and fifty years ago, the Industrial Revolution changed the world and ushered in a new era of prosperity. Today, the Green Revolution can do the same.

    And to make that happen, we need everyone to come together and sacrifice for the common good, including the environmental community.

    Environmentalists must stop letting the perfect become the enemy of the possible. They cannot oppose coal-fired power plants and at the same time block transmission lines for solar fields and wind farms. They cannot oppose safe and controlled offshore drilling, while also opposing nuclear energy.

    If we all work together – environmentalists, businesses, activists, ordinary citizens, and subnational governments – we can push our nations and the world toward a clean, sustainable future. And regardless of what happens in Copenhagen, we will continue pushing ahead toward that future, because we know we must succeed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Stromberg
    Let's stop using this outdated measure - which has about as much scientific validity as your astrological sign.

  31. #31
    Jarno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Netherlands
    TIM
    ILI-Te
    Posts
    5,375
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think general consensus is that he's an ESTJ.

    He looks like ESTJ, he acts like ESTJ-Te, he's got the body of an ESTJ.

    There's little doubt around his type...

    Typing an article has very low reliability and accuracy.

  32. #32
    Trevor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,860
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    I think general consensus is that he's an ESTJ.

    He looks like ESTJ, he acts like ESTJ-Te, he's got the body of an ESTJ.

    There's little doubt around his type...

    Typing an article has very low reliability and accuracy.
    .

  33. #33
    Nothing in the cage of my ribcage
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    1,704
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    I think general consensus is that he's an ESTJ.

    He looks like ESTJ, he acts like ESTJ-Te, he's got the body of an ESTJ.

    There's little doubt around his type...
    I'm sorry, but since when? I think that more proper analysis is required, instead of making this kind of "snap"-judgement stereo-typing which doesn't help much with anything.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    Typing an article has very low reliability and accuracy.
    I don't really see how, since it was actually written by him (presumably). Read the last 3 paragraphs, I think they sound rather Beta:

    And to make that happen, we need everyone to come together and sacrifice for the common good, including the environmental community.

    Environmentalists must stop letting the perfect become the enemy of the possible. They cannot oppose coal-fired power plants and at the same time block transmission lines for solar fields and wind farms. They cannot oppose safe and controlled offshore drilling, while also opposing nuclear energy.

    If we all work together – environmentalists, businesses, activists, ordinary citizens, and subnational governments – we can push our nations and the world toward a clean, sustainable future. And regardless of what happens in Copenhagen, we will continue pushing ahead toward that future, because we know we must succeed.

  34. #34
    Jarno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Netherlands
    TIM
    ILI-Te
    Posts
    5,375
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Singularity View Post
    I'm sorry, but since when? I think that more proper analysis is required, instead of making this kind of "snap"-judgement stereo-typing which doesn't help much with anything.



    I don't really see how, since it was actually written by him (presumably). Read the last 3 paragraphs, I think they sound rather Beta:
    I think this proves why typing an article isn't accurate.

    They guy is Delta and you would type him Beta because his article 'sounds' beta.

    Ever read emails from friends of yours, who you've typed? Try to see whether you can see their values or functions in their writing. You can't. It's unreliable.

    You can however type the writing style somewhat. Yet still not really accurate.




    Oh and since when Schwarzenegger is ESTj... Well I've actually never seen anyone type him differently. I'm not an expert on schwarzenegger though, I just say what the general consensus is.

  35. #35
    Haikus
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    8,337
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Consensuses sometimes are true. Depends on where the consensus is. Knowing however that Rick, Niffweed, and I think maybe Expat typed him as LSE, would mean this is the first assumption I would try looking at, to see if it fits, seeing as though they always have well thought out reasoning for typings they're sure about and have agreed upon.

    But since when did I just have the excuse to do nothing about this Beta questioning? I'm going to fail some more, I'll come back when I'm done.

    In the mean time a suggestion I have, for anyone, would be to look at more regular typings and try to draw an accurate understanding of the typing before suggesting something totally different by applying themes as you see fit. If Arnold is an LSE, and these are beta "themes," then it makes him look like a total ignoramus doesn't it? Go check your facts maybe.

  36. #36
    Marie84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    TIM
    EII
    Posts
    2,359
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    LSE IMO

    I don't think anything in that article is obviously Beta, it's general "political language"
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

  37. #37
    Jarno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Netherlands
    TIM
    ILI-Te
    Posts
    5,375
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marie84 View Post
    LSE IMO

    I don't think anything in that article is obviously Beta, it's general "political language"
    exactly.

    I think people reason that information says something about an information element. Which isn't directly correlated.

  38. #38
    Haikus
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    8,337
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default



    There. I contributed something useful.

  39. #39

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,124
    Mentioned
    387 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    I think general consensus is that he's an ESTJ.
    I've used other method, but agree.

  40. #40
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,633
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    I think general consensus is that he's an ESTJ.

    He looks like ESTJ, he acts like ESTJ-Te, he's got the body of an ESTJ.

    There's little doubt around his type...

    Typing an article has very low reliability and accuracy.
    Definitely. Questioning the types of people like Schwarzy, J Lo just reveals complete lack of experience with socionics.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •