Thread: Personality Survey (Attachment)

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Lightbulb Personality Survey (Attachment)

This test includes:

• Attachment Styles for Friends, Parents, Partner, General public
    • assessment of Big 5
    • assessment of relationship to partner (if currently dating one)
    • assessment of happiness level

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No current relationship

From the test version that needs registration
    http://www.yourpersonality.net/attachment/

I do like somewhat preoccupied people for partners though :S
    Last edited by Koneko; 11-10-2015 at 09:15 PM.
    Balzac

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Relationship Domain Your Attachment Style
    General Dismissing-avoidant
    Mother Secure
    Father Fearful-avoidant
    Romantic Secure
    Friend Secure

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I don't know if I like these results.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

@Ellyan we have almost the same big5 graph... My well-being sucks though.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kore View Post
    @Ellyan we have almost the same big5 graph... My well-being sucks though.
    LOL, we do this a lot. <3 I would say being happy is not really high on my priorities, yet I scored high. If it were I wouldn't spend so much time making myself feel miserable, enjoying and intensifying it. I love all my emotions. They make me feel alive.

My most recent FB profile analysis tells me that I am less satisfied with my life than 99% of FB users based on my "likes". I really don't know what I "liked" that put me so low on the satisfaction totem pole.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kore View Post
    General Dismissing-avoidant
    Mother Secure
    Father Fearful-avoidant
    Romantic Secure
    Friend Secure
    If I improved, this is what I believe my results would look like.
    I really just want to get "Romantic" and "Friend" into the Secure area. (Especially being SO/SX, this change would vastly improve my life and sense of well-being.)

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i actually got fearful-avoidant as my general style. i thought it would save my results and don't wanna take it again. it was more in the preoccupied range for the romantic partner, which is my pattern. i would say i *am* generally fearful-avoidant with most people, and can even go into the dismissive range. but as soon as i'm attached to someone romantically it's like a switch flips and i go into the preoccupied/anxious range. :/ it's very difficult for me to get over someone too.

i stay in a high attachment state with the person i'm with romantically - it doesn't really fade off as i've noticed it can with some people. it's probably that my insecurity is a deep well i can't seem to fill that drives this. i think it's also that intimate relationships feel like the only time i can approach really deeply opening up w someone and i just don't want to lose that when i find it.

what's interesting is i might be most dismissive with my mom because i fear being smothered by her. but my fears about abandonment maybe stemmed in part out of the relationship with my dad... or perhaps simply out of what was missing in my upbringing.
    Last edited by marooned; 11-10-2015 at 10:35 PM.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shay View Post
    According to your responses, your general attachment style is Fearful-avoidant.

Attachment 6662
    It is interesting how you are generally insecurely attached, except for the relation to a romantic partner.

Could it be you are currently in a positive (secure) romantic relationship? If not, what do you think contributes to you being secure in that area specifically?

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Yes I am currently in and have been since the age of 15 1/2, a basically secure and positive romantic relationship that fulfills me. There is a trust and knowledge about one another providing a peace. It covers things like being there to help, love, assist, faithfulness etc and means there is a natural acceptance and unity allowing us to be more carefree with one another, unafraid and to just know we will be there for each other.

This test result makes me more look at why I am in the fearful-avoidant arena and think that a good family foundation with love would have helped immensely.

I wasn't sure on whether to use my long ago deceased step father of another culture as my father figure for the test ( he was in my life for 8 or 9 years) or to use my recently met biological father.
    I went with my biological father whom I have been converserving with via various means for roughly the past year. We have only met in person twice though since all those years ago when I was a toddler.
    As you can tell from the test result I have an extremely poor relationship with my mother which is unfortunate but has always been that way and shows no signs of changing.

An interesting test, so thanks for posting it.

Thought that I would add the relationship functioning graph which indicates my levels of commitment etc against the test takers average-

Attachment 6663
    Aw, that is lovely.

Since you were 15, such a great relationship... It truly must have helped you a lot.

Were you secure with your partner from the beginning, or did it take some time to "open up" and let them in?

And... given this is a Socionics forum, do you know their type perhaps? It would just be interesting to know.

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    293 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

According to your responses, your general attachment style is Secure.

Here is a summary of your attachment style across various relationship domains. Please note that you may not have answered questions for each of these domains. Also, to prevent the symbols from overlapping in the graph, we added a tiny bit of noise to each value. Thus, if you're near the boundary, you might be classified in a less reliable way and you should take those classifications with a grain of salt.

Pretty much what I expected, daddy had a thing for hookers and cheating so yay stereotype support! I wonder if my ideal partner having no avoidance is even possible though. Here's the big 5 graph:

Not surprisingly, I'm very, very introverted and open to new experiences. I wanna travel the world!

TIM
    Eii
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Attachment 6684

General Fearful-avoidant
    Mother Dismissing-avoidant
    Father Dismissing-avoidant
    Romantic Secure
    Friend Dismissing-avoidant

Attachment 6685

Attachment 6688
    Last edited by jaein; 11-13-2015 at 05:04 AM.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jaein View Post
    Attachment 6684

General Fearful-avoidant
    Romantic Secure
    Friend Dismissing-avoidant

Attachment 6685

Attachment 6688
    Interesting, are you currently in a secure romantic relationship like @Shay , or have you been in a positive one in the past?

Because it is remarkable you are Secure in that area, compared to the others.

TIM
    Eii
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha no, Im not in a relationship right now, in fact ive never been in a relationship. So when the questions about 'my partner' came up I thought about an ideal situation and answered as such. Did I do it wrong? Could I have left those questions blank?

When I first took this test I was completely fearful-avoidant (except for my biological father, he's always been in the dissmissive avoidant section). I think my attatchment style came from the fact that my mother was severely depressed for most of my childhood. Also being the youngest, my much older siblings wanted nothing to do with me and my sister that is a year older than me thought she was too cool for me haha. So whenever I did approach them I was met with negativity

I found this on a website http://jebkinnison.com/bad-boyfriend...rful-avoidant/ and thought it described me perfectly at the time.

"The early caregiving of a fearful-avoidant type often has some features of both neglect and abuse (which may be psychological—a demeaning or absent caregiver, rejection and teasing from early playmates.) A fearful-avoidant type both desires close relationships and finds it difficult to be truly open to intimacy with others out of fear of rejection and loss, since that is what he or she have received from their caregivers."

This was interesting, I had forgotten all about attatchment styles, now I have something I can work on. Thank you
    Last edited by jaein; 11-13-2015 at 12:02 PM.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Unfortunately I came with baggage...
    We all have a little baggage on us.

I knew my husband was 'the one' for he was the person who would make a good partner, father, provider. He had potential regarding many things including career possibilities. With him I saw a promising future.

My husband currently thinks he is ESFp. Whatever test we do we seem to always come out as dual types which I find to be of interest.
    When did you know he was 'the one' in that respect?

And what did he type as in the past?

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

General Secure
    Romantic Secure
    Friend Secure

TIM
    Eii
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is there a way to transition into a secure attatchment style or do you just have to cope with what you have?

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jaein View Post
    Is there a way to transition into a secure attatchment style or do you just have to cope with what you have?
    You become more Secure by engaging in (close) relationships with securely attached individuals. This effect is the greatest in a romantic monogamous relationship.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.