TIM
    ILI ~ 458 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    728 Post(s)
    Tagged
    40 Thread(s)

Default Psychological Astrology

http://www.astro.com/cgi/atxgen.cgi?btyp=xpht

Ok, this was a tease but accurate enough in some areas that I am just going to buy the full reading. Don't judge me...

Liz Greene, Ph.D. is a world-famous astrologer, Jungian analyst and author noted for her uniquely powerful synthesis of depth psychology, myth, archetypes and astrology. Her powerful understanding of human behavior coupled with a gifted writing style make her reports especially appropriate for those interested in deep exploration of the human experience.

I. Introduction

This is a short extract from Liz Greene's Psychological Horoscope Analysis. The complete report of 18-25 pages can be ordered as an E-Horoscope or a bound booklet in the Astroshop.

This horoscope analysis - using the insights of astrology and psychology combined with the tools of advanced computer technology - offers you an astrological portrait which is uniquely and individually focussed and which aims at providing greater self-knowledge.

II. Your Psychological Type

This short chapter describes your typical or characteristic way of responding to situations in life.

The rich array of individual attributes portrayed in your birth horoscope is set, as it is with everyone, against the backdrop of a certain temperament bias. We might call this bias your psychological "type".

The world of human relationship means everything to you, and the feelings of others are primary on the scale of your values. Yet you are often caught in a conflict between your need for warmth and closeness with others, and your need for privacy, space and the freedom to pursue your own interests - which often involve abstract concepts quite divorced from human reality. You have great compassion for the problems of others, and may often find yourself playing the role of the good mother or father [...]

[..] You should probably work in an artistic field where these abilities have their fullest expression, or where you are able to at least enjoy them vicariously through assisting in the creative development of others. You might make a talented designer or novelist, or could [...]

III. Character and Shadow

In this comprehensive chapter of the Psychological Horoscope Liz Greene provides valuable insights about your essential character traits.

The interplay between the conscious and unconscious sides of you is a constantly shifting dance, changing at different stages of your life and altering according to the pressures and challenges which you encounter. The tension between the primary characters in your inner drama is the source of energy which provides your life with movement, purpose, conflict and growth.

[..] If you are an artist, you will be dissatisfied with everything you produce, always striving for some flawless reflection of your immaculate inner vision; and even if you are not preoccupied with creative pursuits, but deal in numbers or technology or research (which become [...]

[..] Everything you do bears the stamp of your love of fineness and order, even your handwriting, which is probably elegant and more like copperplate than the usual illegible scrawl. You are rather vain about your personal appearance, liking always to appear neat, immaculate [...]

Hidden traits

In contrast to your subtle, refined and highly aesthetic nature, there is another protagonist in your inner psychic drama. This hidden side of you contains all those rougher qualities which you have excluded from your conscious values and behaviour in order to preserve [...]

A minor character

[..] You possess great quantities of sheer unadulterated vitality, and serve as a vivid example to others of the importance and value of living out one's own desires and fantasies regardless of whether they fit into conventional ideas of proper behaviour. You spend considerable [...]

IV. The Family Background

In the complete horoscope analysis, this chapter deals with your family myths as well as with your perception of your parents and their relationship.
    Although you are an individual, you have emerged from a family background. Thus you contain certain inner patterns, myths and attitudes toward life which you have acquired from the psychological soil of this background.

V. Relationship Patterns

This chapter describes attitudes, needs and characteristic patterns in close one-to-one relationships.

Both astrology and psychology teach us that nothing that occurs within a relationship is chance. Your birth horoscope describes what you are like inside, and therefore what kind of patterns, needs and compulsions you are likely to bring into your relationships with others.

Your extreme love of beauty and perfection results in your being inevitably attracted to the man who seems rougher, more primitive, more direct and somehow more brazenly honest than you. In fact you need a partner who can help you to unlock your rather inhibited but nevertheless considerable sensuality, and who can also teach you to say what you mean rather than embedding it in a series of clauses, equivocations and parentheses which would put a solicitor to shame. In return you can offer such [...]
    Last edited by Aylen; 11-10-2015 at 01:17 AM.

"When I ought to be thinking of heaven he will nail me to earth"

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

You can buy a full reading if you want, but check this out first:
    1) http://www.astro.com/cgi/genchart.cgi
    2) Input birth information
    3) Click "Pullen/Astrolog" (right above drop down)
    4) Click Pars Fortunae, while holding Shift, click last asteroid (highlights all of them)
    5) Under drop down, select "Simple chart delineation by Walter Pullen"

If you scroll about 3/4 down, they will also give you a list of your top planets, top signs, top qualities. These aren't perfect, but fun to reflect on.
    Look up the sign/planet/asteroid/whatever instead. You should be able to find more information. I would especially look up stuff like "Pisces archetype" to get deeper information than what is on typical sign profiles.

IEI is most correlated to Pisces in astrology (although other types will qualify as well). There are some differences, but it's fairly close. The Aries/Pisces relationship fits SLE/IEI duality close-ish. Look up Neptune too, maybe Jupiter. There are a wealth of symbols to explore.
    One of the first links I found for Pisces archetype:
    Orpheus is a musician and poet who plays such beautiful music that trees weep and rocks melt. He marries Eurydice, who dies right after the wedding. Orpheus cannot accept her death and pines for her. He goes into the underworld to get her back. He plays music to Cerberus, the 3-headed dog guarding the underworld, and puts him to sleep. He then plays to Pluto and Persephone, who love his music so much they agree to give hiim Eurydice back. They warned him not to look at her until they are out. Orpheus leads her up through the underground. Just when he is about to see light, he begins to doubt it is really her. He looks back, and she vanishes. Orpheus is not allowed back in the underworld, and he begins to grieve. Soldiers are partying, and resent him because he won’t join them. They throw javelins at him but his sad music stops the javelins. The revelers drown out his music by yelling, and this time their javelins kill him. He is decapitated and years later his head is found floating in the river and Orpheus is still singing. Some say he was killed by a thunderbolt from Zeus, angered by the mystic revelations Orpheus had made to new initiates.

Piscean Traits: Pisceans can dissolve boundaries, making them excellent peacemakers. They have trouble maintaining boundaries in their lives, even with their own unconscious. There is a part of Pisces that does not want to be defined. As soon as they have something that gives them structure, they do something to attract chaos. They run into trouble when they analyze a situation too rationally and lose touch with their intuition and feelings. Pisceans cannot find fulfillment outside, only inside themselves. Looking to others or to a job for fulfillment will not satisfy them. Their happiness and peace is inside them. Pisceans are very sensitive and come into harm when they associate with rough, aggressive types. Their creative gifts live long after they are gone. They share mystical truths with others.

Primary goal: Transcending the everyday world

Challenge: How do I balance spirit and matter?
    I promise if you keep searching for everything beautiful in this world, you will eventually become it.

TIM
    ILI ~ 458 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    728 Post(s)
    Tagged
    40 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Deer Woman View Post
    You can buy a full reading if you want, but check this out first:
    1) http://www.astro.com/cgi/genchart.cgi
    2) Input birth information
    3) Click "Pullen/Astrolog" (right above drop down)
    4) Click Pars Fortunae, while holding Shift, click last asteroid (highlights all of them)
    5) Under drop down, select "Simple chart delineation by Walter Pullen"

If you scroll about 3/4 down, they will also give you a list of your top planets, top signs, top qualities. These aren't perfect, but fun to reflect on.
    Look up the sign/planet/asteroid/whatever instead. You should be able to find more information. I would especially look up stuff like "Pisces archetype" to get deeper information than what is on typical sign profiles.

IEI is most correlated to Pisces in astrology (although other types will qualify as well). There are some differences, but it's fairly close. The Aries/Pisces relationship fits SLE/IEI duality close-ish. Look up Neptune too, maybe Jupiter. There are a wealth of symbols to explore.
    One of the first links I found for Pisces archetype:
    Orpheus is a musician and poet who plays such beautiful music that trees weep and rocks melt. He marries Eurydice, who dies right after the wedding. Orpheus cannot accept her death and pines for her. He goes into the underworld to get her back. He plays music to Cerberus, the 3-headed dog guarding the underworld, and puts him to sleep. He then plays to Pluto and Persephone, who love his music so much they agree to give hiim Eurydice back. They warned him not to look at her until they are out. Orpheus leads her up through the underground. Just when he is about to see light, he begins to doubt it is really her. He looks back, and she vanishes. Orpheus is not allowed back in the underworld, and he begins to grieve. Soldiers are partying, and resent him because he won’t join them. They throw javelins at him but his sad music stops the javelins. The revelers drown out his music by yelling, and this time their javelins kill him. He is decapitated and years later his head is found floating in the river and Orpheus is still singing. Some say he was killed by a thunderbolt from Zeus, angered by the mystic revelations Orpheus had made to new initiates.

Piscean Traits: Pisceans can dissolve boundaries, making them excellent peacemakers. They have trouble maintaining boundaries in their lives, even with their own unconscious. There is a part of Pisces that does not want to be defined. As soon as they have something that gives them structure, they do something to attract chaos. They run into trouble when they analyze a situation too rationally and lose touch with their intuition and feelings. Pisceans cannot find fulfillment outside, only inside themselves. Looking to others or to a job for fulfillment will not satisfy them. Their happiness and peace is inside them. Pisceans are very sensitive and come into harm when they associate with rough, aggressive types. Their creative gifts live long after they are gone. They share mystical truths with others.

Primary goal: Transcending the everyday world

Challenge: How do I balance spirit and matter?
    Oh wow I just saw Pullen/Astrolog posted in an astrology group recently. I made a chart but got distracted and never went back to read the whole thing. I have been using that site forever and just noticed it. I am not even an amateur astrologist yet and don't think I have the focus to study it. That is why I buy readings sometimes. My Lilith report was very accurate from another site. I am going to go play around with it now. Thanks.

Edit: I have a Lilith in Pisces and one in Scorpio. I forget the other two
    Last edited by Aylen; 09-13-2017 at 12:31 AM.

TIM
    ILI ~ 458 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    728 Post(s)
    Tagged
    40 Thread(s)

@Deer Woman

Now I remember why I gave up on this, hahah So many numbers.

Edit: I didn't use all aspects so this was wrong.
    Last edited by Aylen; 09-13-2017 at 12:30 AM.

TIM
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This short chapter describes your typical or characteristic way of responding to situations in life.

The rich array of individual attributes portrayed in your birth horoscope is set, as it is with everyone, against the backdrop of a certain temperament bias. We might call this bias your psychological "type".

You are one of the world's true romantics, for your intensely active imagination must always inject into ordinary circumstances an aura of meaning, potential and purpose without which you find daily life inconsequential and sometimes suffocating. The great strength of your nature lies in your well-developed relationship to the creative power of the unconscious, which allows you to look into the future and envisage potentials which are not immediately apparent in the present. Because of this, you [...]

In this comprehensive chapter of the Psychological Horoscope Liz Greene provides valuable insights about your essential character traits.

The interplay between the conscious and unconscious sides of you is a constantly shifting dance, changing at different stages of your life and altering according to the pressures and challenges which you encounter. The tension between the primary characters in your inner drama is the source of energy which provides your life with movement, purpose, conflict and growth.
    [..] In a crisis or emergency you can be practical enough, and somehow your survival instincts inevitably attract to you precisely the right people and situations to help you cope - although you would disclaim any responsibility for this, preferring to believe that it is just [...]

[..] It might surprise you to discover how many people do not automatically assume, as you do, that such happiness is their right; but although you might feel sorry for such people because of their negative attitudes and low aims, you are not deterred from your determination [...]
    Hidden traits
    In contrast to your faith in life's goodness and your dream of perfect unconditional love,
    there is another protagonist in your inner psychic drama. This hidden shadow-side of you comprises all those qualities which belong to you but which you have excluded from your conscious [...]

A minor character

[..] You will never settle into stagnant complacency dreaming of the glories of your youth, for you carry your youth whithin you and will be receptive to change and new ideas all your life. But you also have a tendency to leave behind those projects and people with which you [...]
    V. Relationship Patterns

This chapter describes attitudes, needs and characteristic patterns in close one-to-one relationships.

Both astrology and psychology teach us that nothing that occurs within a relationship is chance. Your birth horoscope describes what you are like inside, and therefore what kind of patterns, needs and compulsions you are likely to bring into your relationships with others.
    Your delightfully romantic and curiously innocent vision of life circles around the dream of the perfect relationship where you and your partner live happily ever after. Because life is likely to give you a few knocks on this front (although it can never wholly tarnish your dream), you tend to be attracted to those people who are more worldly-wise than you, who can cope with the harder and darker facets of life, and who can be a kind of buffer between you and the nasty cold world outside. In other [...]

[..] If you are busy with this kind of unconscious disowning of your real nature, do not be surprised if you have a very angry partner on your hands who picks fights with you all the time; and try to remember that you may be fuelling the battle yourself in all kinds of subtle [...]
    Last edited by inumbra; 11-10-2015 at 08:22 AM.

TIM
    IEE-Ne 792 so/sx
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know when on the day I was born so I just took a guess
    I. IntroductionThis is a short extract from Liz Greene's Psychological Horoscope Analysis. The complete report of 18-25 pages can be ordered as an E-Horoscope or a bound booklet in the Astroshop.
    This horoscope analysis - using the insights of astrology and psychology combined with the tools of advanced computer technology - offers you an astrological portrait which is uniquely and individually focussed and which aims at providing greater self-knowledge.II. Your Psychological TypeThis short chapter describes your typical or characteristic way of responding to situations in life.
    The rich array of individual attributes portrayed in your birth horoscope is set, as it is with everyone, against the backdrop of a certain temperament bias. We might call this bias your psychological "type".You possess the gift of a clear, strong and objective mind, and you are a lover of truth and integrity in all your dealings. You will always favour reason over chaos, and principles over personal reactions. But there is considerable conflict within you - a dilemma between your rational, detached spirit and your intense and sometimes overpowering feeling. Another way of describing your nature might be to say that you tend to live in your head - because it seems safer, more civilised, and more [...]III. Character and ShadowIn this comprehensive chapter of the Psychological Horoscope Liz Greene provides valuable insights about your essential character traits.
    The interplay between the conscious and unconscious sides of you is a constantly shifting dance, changing at different stages of your life and altering according to the pressures and challenges which you encounter. The tension between the primary characters in your inner drama is the source of energy which provides your life with movement, purpose, conflict and growth.Although no man or woman is an island, you do your best to be at least a peninsula; for you are an introverted and rather solitary person who values inner perceptions over external events, and who prefers a few real friends to a cast of thousands chatting away at a party. You [...][..] But it has also made you much more acutely sensitive to the effects of other people, and this means that you have responded more powerfully than many to the difficulties of your childhood years. It is probable that one or both parents failed you or hurt you deeply in some [...]Hidden traits[..] In your efforts to rely solely on your own resources for your survival and your achievements in life, you have of necessity had to exclude certain dimensions of yourself; and this other, hidden side of you poses you with a great challenge. For this is your Achilles' heel, [...]A minor character[..] Humanity is not only an idea in your experience, but a living reality; and the events which touch your personal life are immediately translated into broader and more general perspectives, for you cannot conceive of yourself as a separate and detached entity divorced from [...]IV. The Family BackgroundIn the complete horoscope analysis, this chapter deals with your family myths as well as with your perception of your parents and their relationship.
    Although you are an individual, you have emerged from a family background. Thus you contain certain inner patterns, myths and attitudes toward life which you have acquired from the psychological soil of this background.V. Relationship PatternsThis chapter describes attitudes, needs and characteristic patterns in close one-to-one relationships.
    Both astrology and psychology teach us that nothing that occurs within a relationship is chance. Your birth horoscope describes what you are like inside, and therefore what kind of patterns, needs and compulsions you are likely to bring into your relationships with others.You are deep, solitary and unfathomable, and tend to be quite self-reliant and happy with your own company. But you are magnetically attracted to those more gregarious, outgoing women who exude charm and warmth and who seem to effortlessly make friends. Such a woman is a good balance for you, and this kind of relationship can be very fulfilling; for you can offer your partner a glimpse into the importance of inner resources and self- sufficiency, while she in turn can help you to feel more like [...]VI. Paths toward IntegrationThe final chapter of the Psychological Horoscope Analysis contains insights into the potential for growth as shown in your birth chart.
    The following paragraphs provide some suggestions of ways in which conscious effort might make it possible for you to achieve greater harmony between the different components within yourself, and to strengthen that centre of the personality which psychology calls the ego, the "I".

Landlord of the Dog and Duck Subteigh's Avatar
    TIM
    EII-Ne Sp/So
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Most of us are overdeveloped in certain personality attributes, and underdeveloped in others, and the birth horoscope reflects this innate lopsidedness of temperament. Your horoscope, however, describes a rather unusual picture: the potential for a truly balanced temperament and a capacity to adapt to life with the combined resources of realism, imagination, a clear mind and a sympathetic heart. It is likely that you have not yet achieved this balance, for potential is precisely that, and not a [...]

[..] You are uncomfortable if you become isolated in an impersonal big city with no one to meet or telephone, or if you are stuck in the distant countryside away from others; for you are most at home where there are neighbours to say hello to, shopkeepers who recognise your face, [...]
    [..] Faced with a difficult decision, you are not likely to withdraw into solitude to consult the voice of your own soul; but rather, you will be found discussing the problem with at least three friends, gradually collecting a cross-section of ideas, viewpoints and perspectives. You [...]
    Hidden traits
    [..] There is a naturally aggressive, individualistic and aristocratic child within you who feels unique, special and different from everyone else - a divine child with a clearly defined destiny. It is extremely difficult for you to reconcile the natural arrogance, superiority [...]
    A minor character
    [..] It is not that you are conventionally religious, nor even mystical in any usual sense; for the world of the imagination is too chaotic, passionate and sometimes dark for you to worship it in the humble posture of the spiritual devotee. But most of what you experience outside [...]

V. Relationship Patterns
    You admire creative and individualistic women, and are drawn to those who are independent and strong enough to help you develop more confidence in your own vision and ideas. You yourself are at your best when surrounded by a group of like-minded souls, and are therefore naturally attracted to your complement: the person who can stand alone. Such a relationship can work very well for you. But you need to be careful not to efface yourself too much, for if you idealise your partner's originality [...]
    much of it is either rather vague, or it makes multiple wide-ranging guesses. There are parts of it that are flatly wrong.
    EII-Ne
    5w4 or 1w9 Sp/So