Thread: Quadras and anger?

TIM
    Gamma
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Quadras and anger?

Is anger expressed differently within Quadra's and the different types in each? Different is subtypes? Is there consistent commonalities within Quadra's that affect how anger manifests and is expressed? Is anger type or quadra specific?

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

This may to have types specifics. S types should use physical ways more often than N types. F types to use lie and gossips, more often than T types.

TIM
    Gamma
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    This may to have types specifics. S types should use physical ways more often than N types. F types to use lie and gossips, more often than T types.
    OK. How about temper, quick to anger.........any different?

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hatesyardwork View Post
    How about temper, quick to anger.........any different?
    Exrtaverts and irrationals may to be quicker to react, with open anger too.
    This may have relation to 4 temperaments theory. And this theory may to have correlation with types, for example by such: E-J - cholerics, E-P sanguines, I-J - phlegmatics, I-P - melancholics. This may to be tendency, not 100% correlation.

on the picture from top to bottom are: choleric, phlegmatic, melancholic, sanguine

TIM
    LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha, melancholic is definitely me! (re: the image - above)
    Warm Regards,

Clowns & Entropy

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It took me a couple a seconds to realize the guy was sitting on a hat. At first it looked like he was taking a shit on the bench and I was like wtf lol.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'd do the melancholic one in the picture. a successful picture self-typing is complete.

also, i think the expressions on the faces are important. the melancholic one looks like their day was already going bad and this is kind of the last thing they needed after all of that. the woe-is-me look is apparent.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

IJ's aren't phlegmatics at all. If anything, IP's are the most phlegmatic ones, it's common sense.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I don't stay angry for longer than a minute in 99% of cases unless someone attacks me constantly. I forgive forget establish love and peace and move on to the next topic. Anger corroded relationships and hanging on to things destroys love and that feeling of closeness.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darya View Post
    IJ's aren't phlegmatics at all. If anything, IP's are the most phlegmatic ones, it's common sense.
    how so? i've never thought there was a great correlation with these temperaments. i usually relate more to melancholic because it's more moody internally. and well, it is more prone to melancholy.

TIM
    Gamma
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    I don't stay angry for longer than a minute in 99% of cases unless someone attacks me constantly. I forgive forget establish love and peace and move on to the next topic. Anger corroded relationships and hanging on to things destroys love and that feeling of closeness.
    I anger quickly and let it go quickly. I don't anger easily but when I do it's always in the open, I don't like to stew and I like to express exactly why I am pissed. I always feel better after, and make amends to those I may have ruffled.........if it bothers me they are ruffled. Discourtesy angers me more than I should let it..........people who show you clearly thru word or action than their time is far more important than yours. I can't not call bullshit.

TIM
    Gamma
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by inumbra View Post
    how so? i've never thought there was a great correlation with these temperaments.
    Does Socionics correlate anger any better in your opinion? Back to the OP question.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does Socionics correlate anger any better in your opinion? Back to the OP question.
    i'm sure there are correlations, but i don't know if it's really that useful...

but i can talk about myself. i can be moody and irritable and i can get frustrated. i don't usually actually get angry at people. i keep anger to myself usually and try to deal with it alone. i'm not prone to rage. angry outbursts are rare for me. sometimes i feel really angry inside - but i'm not entirely sure PMS isn't involved.

i view anger as a difficult feeling. i don't like myself if i'm outwardly angry and worry that i've become a monster, even if others don't see it this way from the outside.

my main source of irritation: being interrupted from my thoughts.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    Exrtaverts and irrationals may to be quicker to react, with open anger too.
    This may have relation to 4 temperaments theory. And this theory may to have correlation with types, for example by such: E-J - cholerics, E-P sanguines, I-J - phlegmatics, I-P - melancholics. This may to be tendency, not 100% correlation.

on the picture from top to bottom are: choleric, phlegmatic, melancholic, sanguine
    I like that cartoon!! lol

The other funny thing is i could be each different one, depending on my mood.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I'm the skinny guy lol what is that Mesomoph?
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by inumbra View Post
    how so? i've never thought there was a great correlation with these temperaments. i usually relate more to melancholic because it's more moody internally. and well, it is more prone to melancholy.
    I didn't mean that every or even most IP's are phlegmatic, but in case someone is "whatever, dude", unfazed and generally just not giving a shit about anything, well that's I+P at play.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darya View Post
    I didn't mean that every or even most IP's are phlegmatic, but in case someone is "whatever, dude", unfazed and generally just not giving a shit about anything, well that's I+P at play.
    As a good rule of thumb I would have to agree with this.

I think the trouble comes with the word "anything". That "anything" could look really different depending on the Ip in question. For example a SLI not becoming overly pendantic about a consistant work rymth, or a IEI not getting hung up on a change of plans especially if a friend is in the lead.

TIM
    Gamma
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fat man is a mesomorph. A man who is skinny is an ectomorph.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i wouldn't agree. but maybe IPs are less likely to give a shit about certain things certain others might think they should give a shit about, like disorder in the environment.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Everybody gives a shit about something, but if you compare how much shit an average SLI gives comparable to other types...IEI's are a mix of melancholic and phlegmatic imo. Si-base seems the most phlegmatic. It's also very related to e9.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ecto-

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fat man is a mesomorph. A man who is skinny is an ectomorph.
    meso would be more muscular

endo would be more fat

TIM
    Gamma
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suz View Post

endo would be more fat
    I fucking nailed ecto though baby!

TIM
    Gamma
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

endo would be more fat
    Was anger your motivation in correcting me?
    I always get angry when I show my own ass in a thread I started 4 comments in.

TIM
    Gamma
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird View Post
    It seems to me Se valuing type quadras might not mind openly expressing their anger as much as Si valuing type quadras, which might not want to disrupt their internal peace as much...but I don't think that is always true.

I know for me, as an e9, I have a hard time expressing anger, anyway. If someone is screaming at me, I tend to 'tune out'. I've had people scream in my face and I have just stared at them blankly and didn't give them a reaction. It's like I shut down. I'm a horrible person to pick a fight with. I have flipped out a few times though, and those that had witnessed it thought it was funny! Wth!

If people treat me in a way I don't like, or act in a way I don't like, I can hold a grudge for years or forever. It's like this bad image ingrained in my mind of them from what they have done or said. It's rare that that happens, but I have a pretty bad reaction to some people. Tuth be told, I feel like everyone leaves an 'impression' on me. It's like the essence of their character, and sometimes it is putrid to me. Sometimes there is more about people that I dislike and it overwhelms the good and they just give leave that terrible impression in me.- I won't act like everything's hunky dorry towards them either. I hate when people act contradictory to the way that they feel about a person. The fact that I really dislike certain people may not even be apparent, but inside I'm steaming. I don't want to say anything to disrupt peace, but I don't want to be friendly either because I feel that would make me insincere. So I feel like it is a battle inside myself between wanting to maintain peace and be sincere. It can come out in forms of passive aggression or sarcasm. But when it comes to those that I love, I forgive easily and completely, not that I forget. lol.
    Your Se vs Si point is in line with what I was thinking before posting this.
    Holding a grudge from Fi/Si perspective, which is a form of anger..........Fi/Se, you think they are different? Do you understand how ESI or SEE are different in this regards perhaps or anger in general?

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was anger your motivation in correcting me?
    I always get angry when I show my own ass in a thread I started 4 comments in.
    ummmmm... no....
    I wasn't angry at all, i was just trying to be helpful.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I fucking nailed ecto though baby!
    you TOTALLY did.

TIM
    Gamma
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ummmmm... no....
    I wasn't angry at all, i was just trying to be helpful.
    I know.....just messin

TIM
    ESI 684
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your Se vs Si point is in line with what I was thinking before posting this.
    Holding a grudge from Fi/Si perspective, which is a form of anger..........Fi/Se, you think they are different? Do you understand how ESI or SEE are different in this regards perhaps or anger in general?
    I can only speak for myself. Let others speak on their own behalf.

The only time I get TRULY angry is when something doesn't go as I wanted it to go. Then I become very loud and confrontational. Also, physical states can and do alter my behaviour much. When I'm hungry, my mood sours very quickly and goes directly to angry state. I start complaining about various things I might not even notice otherwise. I once yelled at a man who entered a tram on his bike! Ok, that is completely unacceptable behaviour(ok, in his defense it WAS RAINING, but then again he DID HAVE a CAP), but it's completely unlike me to yell at random people. Usually I'm like, thinks to himself: "Look at that self righteous mofo-what people allow themselves these days", but at that time I was particularly hungry and a random guy had to endure the brunt of my assault. I am VERY sensitive to physical states.

How long does it last? Well, seeing how I VERY MUCH resonate with Constructivist reinin, once I get started...it's very difficult for me to break away. The yelling and stuff can last up to 15 minutes with aftershocks(grumbling, spoiled mood etc) that can last up to a day(until I go to bed at night). It is very long and very open to be completely honest here.

This is one of emotions I'm most intimately connected with, so I can talk quite some time about it. If you need anything more, feel free to say .

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Anger comes from boundary violations. That I think is very 'obvious' but everybody's personal boundaries are different. We all have very strong and different emotional reactions to the same thing/person.

Empathy is the cure as usual. I mean it is two-faced (everything has a price) but if you realize person A doesn't like it when you do X, you perhaps try to not do X around person A because you don't wanna be a jerk and jerks don't go to heaven or something. The thing is though you have to often repress your own identity and shit just to be a people pleaser and it's draining. My cousin does this and I think often times she passively aggressively attacks people without realizing it. Sooo I think people should be allowed to fight. But like we don't allow that in society, the more aggressive one is punished.

I was a little annoyed when I saw some cool drama fights on here get shut down. Yeah it was personal and messy and ugly but it was real. The Beta in me I suppose didn't like just white washing that over - but yes I do dislike fighting and nastiness when I am the target or if I think somebody is ripping into somebody that really doesn't deserve it. Even if they are picking on an easy target and I can see how that person is doing it to themselves, I am still kind of tempted to defend that person. If you were a person that was bullied (some of you were, some weren't) you know how sucky it can feel... even if you have the wisdom to know you have to let everything roll off your back and shake it off.

Though see the women in me understands that interestingly, the aggressive or more overt nasty one in a situation isn't necessarily the one that is being ethically horrendous. There is a lot of social manipulation and just plain fake ugliness, the contempt they have so veiled but everything is okay because they never lash out or lose their temper. Sexual abuse victims often lash out angrily while the abuser is calm and controlled. It's creepy.

Our society has so much pity for victims, that we end up falling for offenders who are very good at playing victim. And we often ignore real victims who need help, and we think they are the ones that are playing victims, but they are the ones that are being victimized. We got it backwards because people fall for other people's social manipulation games too much. It's so important to just pierce beyond the veil of all that and look at the soul/heart of everybody.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I've been practicing not reacting to provocation by seeing other people's opinions and behavior as a reflection of themselves and not me and by looking at the consequences of jumping into conflict (using Ni, I think). Im enjoying the increased peace of mind even though it feels a bit nihilistic or something.

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    293 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

All I know is that nothing really bothers me until you cross the line. It's a rather significant line, you have to do something that's either really evil or violates a major boundary you really shouldn't violate if you're smart (e.g. openly violate the trust of a close friend/lover for no logical reason, kill someone, etc). Before ya do? Eh, I don't give a fuck. Once ya do it? Ho boy have you done fucked up now motherfucker. At best I am going to browbeat you to hell and back for it, and in the event they did a truly evil act in my presence? Well... nobody's done that yet, I pray that they never do and make the second mistake of allowing me to escape alive. Oh their future screams of sorrow and pain as I force them to regret those decisions if they make that major of an error... .

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by End View Post
    All I know is that nothing really bothers me until you cross the line. It's a rather significant line, you have to do something that's either really evil or violates a major boundary you really shouldn't violate if you're smart (e.g. openly violate the trust of a close friend/lover for no logical reason, kill someone, etc). Before ya do? Eh, I don't give a fuck. Once ya do it? Ho boy have you done fucked up now motherfucker. At best I am going to browbeat you to hell and back for it, and in the event they did a truly evil act in my presence? Well... nobody's done that yet, I pray that they never do and make the second mistake of allowing me to escape alive. Oh their future screams of sorrow and pain as I force them to regret those decisions if they make that major of an error... .
    yeah... those are great ways to get me riled up too. I dont rage or anything but I can do a severe cold shoulder and try my best to give everyone a heads up on what that person did (more out of concern for everyone, than any retaliatory intent). The cold shoulder is more for the purposes of letting that person know not to mess with me, and also to keep my distance from that person I feel I need to be cautious around. Because at my baseline level of friendliness, some people assume i can be messed with. It does make me sad though when I am faced with a situation like this -- it's unpleasant. I prefer a friendly well-meaning co-operative milieu where nobody is trying to take advantage of anyone else.

Generally I am quite slow to anger though... smaller things can get me mildly annoyed though.

TIM
    Gamma
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    I've been practicing not reacting to provocation by seeing other people's opinions and behavior as a reflection of themselves and not me and by looking at the consequences of jumping into conflict (using Ni, I think). Im enjoying the increased peace of mind even though it feels a bit nihilistic or something.
    So Se ego doesn't jump in both feet first all the time? Is this because lead Fi and being internally focused......and then action? You are reactive when you want to be then? Kind of picking when and where you want to fight?
    Your point seems quite in line with IJ temperament.
    You think how anger manifests and is expressed is consistent with temperament typically and shown through someone's lead function as in your case? If so can this be a good tool of demonstrating lead function......how one displays anger?