it's ok, everything will be fine totalize's Avatar
    TIM
    NAPOLEON
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default What am I? (80Q)

Bear in mind I do not have a firm opinion on my type. Soon, I'll post a new video too.

Block I

General to specific, specific to general – what does it mean?
    Going from the general to the specific means moving from axioms, broad characterisations, and general rules towards specific examples. The reverse is creating those things from specific examples. Some people construct their axiomatic positions from specific examples they have encountered, and some people interpret the specifics that they encounter in their life by means of axioms. Thinking about it, I prefer the former. I prefer to create my life axioms and characterisations as a consequence of built-up experience.

What does "logical" mean? What is your understanding? Do you think that it correlates with the common view?
    Logic is something that makes sense, either common sense or something that can be proven. For instance if a person drinks coffee every day in the morning and I meet them at 11.59 it is logical for me to assume that they have already drunk coffee, even though I have no evidence (logical assumption). Or I may see have seen them at a cafe and saw they have drunk coffee and have therefore "proven" it. Both are logical. The opposite are comments like "I do not like coffee". Even a statement like "Coffee is bad for you because of chakras" is logical even though it is not actually true.

How do you explain fractions on the dial of the clock?
    I didn't get this question the last time. They're just diagrammatical expressions: a time-tested (ha ha ha) way of granularising our time experience. The French Revolutionary Republic tried to make a metric clock and it did not work but the fractions are the same thing. It's an efficient way to divide up something that lasts forever.

What is a rule? What rules do you have to follow?
    Rules are things that you are compelled to do, either by legal power, or peer pressure. I like rules, although I do not like them being applied to me, and no reason to, because I think it's a right thing to do. I like societies with lots of rules (I am not huge fan of freedom). Personally I prefer not to follow the rules and I usually only follow rules imposed on me by force majeure, although there are also common social rules (like holding a door for a person) which I follow despite having written.

What is hierarchy? Do you need to follow it? Why or why not?
    A hierarchy is when one person can impose things on another with few, or no, restrictions. I am not against all hierarchies, because some people should lead and some people should not, and those who are unsuited should not be allowed to try. If a hierarchy has a practical basis (i.e. a senior partner at a firm should obviously be more powerful than a junior partner) then it's good, but broadly speaking I prefer more egalitarian communities. Also, I hate to be at the bottom of a hierarchy (doesn't everyone, though.)

What do you think of instructions? Do you use them? Could you write an instruction manual? If so, what type of instruction manual would you most likely write?
    I can follow instruction easily and this is not a problem for me. If I am assembling flat-pack furniture I will use an instruction manual but usually I will try to figure something out myself and reference the instruction manual when I have a problem as it is an authoritative source. Could I write one? Sure. I have written guides for random things on the internet before. I was going to write a guide for teaching English grammar but it was cut short sadly.

Please explain: "Freedom is in complying with the laws, but not in ignoring the laws"? Do you agree with the statement? Why?
    I am not sure this is an English-derived quote. If you can ignore the laws yourself with no repercussions, why wouldn't you? But if everyone did such a thing, there would be no freedom at all. Seems like a Kantian position and while I think Kant is good in general, we do not need to be so strict. Most humans are capable of deciding when violating some law or not is good without impacting the freedom of others.

Tell us how consistent you are.
    Not very.

What is a "standard"? Why do people need it?
    A standard is a synonym for expectation. People don't need standards, or expectations, but they produce them as a result of wanting to get the best thing they can. By the way, I have found lots of questions in this section are kind of silly, and do not need to be answered. What is a standard is a poor question because it asks a person to provide a personal definition for something when there exist already objective definitions.

You need to put your home library in order. How do you feel about this activity? How will you approach this task?
    I did this pretty recently. I divided all the books up into categories and then tried to put them into the right spaces. It did not fit exactly, so I played with the categories, and I left some books out of the categories and just packed them on top, because I like there to be a bit of mess in my home library.

Block II

What is work in your opinion?
    Work is when a person uses their time & effort (labour) to add value to something. This is why jumping up and down is not work, but mowing the lawn is, despite both of them being unpaid. Also I do not think that entertainment is work (because you do not add value to something) but some things like child-rearing or washing the dishes are work.

Why do people go to work?
    Who wrote this question?Are you asking me to explain how resources are distributed in a market economy?

People go to work so they can earn money in order to realise their dreams. Sometimes their work is their dream, but this isn't true for most people. Work is survival.

Are there any parameters where you can distinguish whether you can do this work or not?
    I can do virtually anything if I have received proper training. I can't do some things, like abstract mathematics and sciences and medicine and so on, because you require a huge training and learning time, and I am also not suited for extremely technical work. I tend to avoid this.

Is there any correlation between quality and quantity?
    Quantity has a quality all of its own.

Tell us if or how the price depends on quality?
    As a rule, expensive things are better quality, but this is not always true. Sometimes firms mark-up things to make it appear more exclusive and higher quality when the actual quality is pretty crappy.

How do people determine the quality of work?
    I am not sure how all other people on earth determine quality of work () but generally I think they have an expectation of what something should be like, and they try to measure whether that thing meets those expectations on metrics which are important to them.

How do you determine such quality?
    The same way as I described, but my metrics are usually whether or not I feel satisfied by that thing. I do not mind to pay above market rates for some things when it is convenient or pleasureable. I usually factor in all things into price, so I do not mind to pay more for a beer in a pub with a very nice garden, or more at an independent family business than a chain, et cetera, even if such things are the same quality as elsewhere for cheaper. As long as something meets my expectations along the right metrics, then it is good quality.

How well you can determine the quality of any purchase, do you pay any attention to it?
    Pretty well. I know if I have been ripped off or if I have found some bargain, but I do not mind either (unless I was really ripped off). I guess I pay attention to the quality of things either in the background, if quality is not that important, or I test for quality immediately if it is important (restaurant, for instnace). Yes of course I pay attention to whether a purchase has good quality or not, but it isn't that important to me. I will very rarely return something to a shop that I do not like, instead I will keep it somewhere in case it has future use.

How do you feel if you didn't finish some work? Does it ever happen? What are the reasons?
    Sure it happens. I don't care. I have a lot of time to go back and finish it, so it doesn't bother me, but if I can't finish it and can't go back, then it obviously wasn't so important to me.

What is "interesting work" for you? Please explain in detail.
    Interesting work is something which I can measure the progress of as I work on it, something which I can change my method to make my work better while I am doing it. I liked teaching because I could always stop and think about my methods and try out new methods, and it was extremely practical. To me it is also interesting when I can make decisions and weigh the pros/cons of decisions rationally. Uninteresting work is too routine, and also sometimes I feel that if my work has no consequence, this frustrates me and bores me. The most boring work is busy-work, things like paperwork, filling in forms, regular routines, et cetera. I hate this and in the future I would like to pay people to do it for me.

You go to the store and see something you're interested in buying; there is a price tag on it. What parameters are you going to use to understand if it's overpriced, underpriced, or priced correctly?
    Actually I think it's quite simple: first I think about how much it costs elsewhere. In this country shops at train stations sell things at a huge markup. I know that exactly the same product is sold elsewhere at a much lower price. For things where I can't compare, I think about opportunity cost (exchange value). A sweater costs £90. What else can I do with £90 and which brings me more benefit?

When you work and someone tells you: "You don't do it right." What is your reaction?
    If I know I did it right I am very annoyed, I might reply to them aggressively or sarcastically. Or I might ignore them. But if they do have a point, I'll listen carefully to what they have to say, and try to learn from them. I hate to do things twice, so I really try to avoid this. If I do a job badly, I prefer to just forget it and move on to the next thing then do it again, as repeating things pisses me off a lot.

There is a professional right next to you. You always see that you can't perform the way they do. Your feelings, thoughts and actions?
    That depends.

If they are much older and more experienced then me, I would be impressed by them, and maybe try to learn from them. If they are younger or same age, and especially if they are boastful, I will be extremely competitive with them, and I might even try to undermine them and make them look worse. I hate to be outcompeted by my peers but I do not mind to be outcompeted by people older than me, or even people younger than me who are very humble and helpful.

When you have to ask someone else to help you with the task, how do you feel?
    I hate asking for help. Most people who know me very well will see this about me. Firstly, if you ask people for help you expend social capital. It's better to save social capital for when you really need the help, and simply do the thing yourself that is easy. Sometimes you do really need help from people and you don't want to go and ask for it with a history of constantly getting people to help you, especially if you do nothing in return. I do not like to spend social capital in this way on very minor things.

You need to build a pyramid exactly like in Egypt. Your thoughts, feelings and actions?
    If you want to build it exactly like in Egypt you need to find out how the Egyptians built it (I think there is a good theory now) and just replicate it, that way you will get the original one (huh plato). If you do it with modern methods you won't have a pyramid "exactly like", just very very similar. I think this is a really big waste of resources, but like I said last time, if it was destroyed some way, it might be cool to rebuild it.

Block III

What is beauty?
    Something is beautiful if it vastly exceeds the metrics set out for it; if it's exclusive, rare, or mind-blowing in some way. In this way, a dam can be beautiful, just like a woman can be beautiful, or a book or something. Beauty is when something is just really, really, really, really fucking good.

Do you change your opinion about beauty? Does your understanding correlate with the generally accepted notion? What goes beyond the generally accepted notion?
    No, my opinion on what is beautiful changes very slowly, especially if it is concrete. Things I find beautiful are really still the same as when I was much younger. Usually I'm good at knowing what I think is beautiful or not, but sometimes I get struck by something and think maybe it's beautiful in an unusual way. I also can see the potential beauty in things. My opinion on beauty is probably very similar to the mainstream. I like beautiful women. Fucking sue me?

Please describe your understanding of a beautifully dressed person. What is the core of beauty? How do you explain what is beautiful to a person who has never heard about beauty before? The clothes should be really high quality, and make the person look elegant in terms of their fit and shape - they should expose the shape of the person, and not hide it. The clothes should be plain, and most of the quality of them is actually in the fit, because it is motion and shape that forms elegance, not design. The core of beauty is Platonic. There is an ideal form for everything and the closer that it comes to the ideal form, the more beautiful it is. Nobody has ever not heard of beauty, because beauty is an intuitively human concept. But I might say to them - design your perfect house, perfect family, and perfect evening. And there you have beauty, in essence.

Is there a template of understanding what beautiful means for everyone to use?
    No. It's an abstract noun, so beyond the dictionary definition, it's up to us for interpretation.

Is there such a term as "classical beauty"?
    Yes, because our culture produces and maintains images of beauty that are passed down. Classical beauty just refers to the memetic way in which the understanding of beauty passes through the generations. If a person today would be beautiful to a person four hundred years ago, then they would be classically beautiful.

What is comfort?
    Feeling nice. Contented - especially mentally. My mental state is by default agitation, so when I can finally rest (which is basically never), it is because my mental state is calm. Calm and comfort are similar.

What is coziness?
    Warmth. Also, this question is poorly written - coziness (and comfort) has an objective definition. You should not ask people to subjectively explain what is objectively defined.

How do you create your comfort and coziness?
    I don't. I do not really value these things, so I do not pay much attention. If it is cold, I will put on lots of sweaters and so on, but I create comfort by having areas and places which I enjoy to be in because they are organised, clean, and utilitarian.

How do others evaluate your skill in doing so? Do you agree with them?
    I don't think they do evaluate my skill, but most of my friends would be better equipped than me to design an objectively comfortable place. I could do it according to what I think are general standards, but there would likely not be a lot of flair.

How do you pick your own clothes?
    I prefer clothes that emphasise my body shape, which have either muted earthtone colours, or pastels. My clothes should speak to other people about what kind of person I am, so my clothes are often plain and utilitarian, but with some high quality materials. I am more likely to buy a high quality lambswool sweater from a good vendor than something fashionable with a weird design on it. I prefer that I look like a man than a boy.

Do you follow fashion? Why?
    Sure, a little bit. It's good to know about these kind of things. But I am not overtly concerned with it - I also like to know what is fashionable so that I can violate it. There are some traditional fashion rules that I do follow because I prefer to look adult than childish.

Do you know how to select clothes for different types of figures?
    Yeah I guess there are some general rules, but my figure has stayed the same my whole life, and I do not care to dress other people. if I dress my SO i try to pick clothes that compliment her figure.

How do you cook? Do you follow recipes?
    No. I understand the concept of how a particular type of food is made and then make it myself. Sometimes I watch youtube cooking videos.

What do others think of your skill?
    Everyone likes my cooking.

Are you good at color patterns and mixing them and matching?
    I think I am but I am probably not... I avoid contrasting colours and I am quite ok with matching colours in terms of tone.

If someone is telling you what is beautiful and what is not, what goes with what color and what is not, do you agree with this person?
    What?

I agree with them if they are right and don't agree with them if they are wrong. Sometimes they are very, very wrong, and I think they have bad taste and are dumb, but you have to be more specific. Poorly written question.

Tell us how you'd design any room, house or an office. Do you do it yourself or trust someone else to do it? Why?
    I do it myself and I do not want others to do it, because I wnat to live and work in my space, not in others. I do not want to cede this to other people (although my SO has significant input in our house.) The most important thing is maximising the space that you have, and not wasting space with poor design. I trust myself to do it because I have a lot of experience.

How do you know if a person has bad taste? Could you give us an example? Do you always trust your own taste or do you seek opinions from others?
    I almost always trust my own taste, although sometimes I will moot ideas to people who I trust (my SO, my best friend). I know if a person has bad taste if they depart from traditional norms about taste, if what they buy and wear is tacky, and if what they buy and wear is flashy. I would not trust a person who wears a Rolex.

Block IV

Can you line up human resources and make them do things? & What methods do you use?
    Sure. Humans are always looking for leadership and are not very good at deciding what to do, or what they want, themselves. Usually they can be pushed by just hints alone, but sometimes they do need to be told what to do. In fact humans programmatically respond to instruction even when they do not have to. When there is a vacuum of decision making I easily step in and make decisions for people. In that vacuum situation, people usually do what I tell them to do, because any decision is better than no decision.

When people actively resist me, it depends on the situation and what my own power is. If I am powerless somewhere, then I do not try to push that, because I burn my social capital in doing so. But in my last job I had a lot of power, so I could afford to do all the methods of moving people: appealing to their desires. Compliment them, bribe them, attack them. People respond to different stimuli so there's no main way you can do something like that.

Can you press people? If so, how does it happen?
    Sure. I just keep asking them until they give me what I want. But sometimes I can employ brinksmanship, or melodrama. Again, pressing people expends your social capital, so you have to be very careful how you spend that, because having negative social capital is very fucking dangerous. I learned fairly early into adulthood that if you spend all your social capital, every wrong step you take can be a very dangerous one for you.

What is incursion? How do you deal with this? & Can you repulse? How easy can you do it?
    In various situations, people have spheres. They can be very petty - whether someone uses my drawer at work or not - or they can be major, like Russia invading Ukraine. In my life, most incursions are pretty petty, and it depends on my mood. I don't want people to interfere with me when I do not ask for it, so usually I will remind them of the boundaries that we have. If it's not in a professional setting, say if someone takes my chair, I can tell them to fuck off, no problem...

But I believe in staying professional at work! (Up to you to decide how tongue in cheek this was.)

What does "my people" and "strangers" mean? When do "my people" become "strangers" and why?
    My people are people for whom I am responsible or for whom I share much in common. My people become strangers when I no longer share those bonds that keep us in common. For example the people at my branch at my last job were "My people" and the people in the HQ branch were not, even though we're in the same company. While those people are my friends now, they are not "my people" because I no longer work there.

Do you think it's ok to occupy someone else's territory? In what situations?
    If someone has something that I want that does not have monetary value I will take it. I naturally take over things where possible and do what I want with them, but obviously I will not steal anything that people actually own, as I am not a lowlife. If I live or work in a place I make my mark in all the rooms.

What are the methods of volitional force? When is it most effective and in what situations?
    There is no method.

There is simply - if you want something, you have to take it. People will not give it to you. If you do not take it, someone else will. The will to take (more accurately, the will to do) is volitional force.

How do you protect yourself and your interests?
    Don't understand the question. From what? From who? How do I protect myself from being beaten up on the street, or how do I protect myself from bankruptcy, or how do I protect my position at work or at home? The question is too broad and too vague.

Do others think of you as a strong person? Do you think you are a strong person?
    I don't know if they do or not, and I do not really care. I am strong but I am also aware of my limits and boundaries, and I do not try to unnecessarily push those.

How do you understand if a person is strong? Are there any signs of a strong person?
    Strong people are visibly able to exert their will onto reality. What they want to happen they make happen. You can see this in people clearly if you get to know them a little bit. There's no way to tell if a person is strong externally without understanding more about their background. Of course, I am not using the meaning of physical strength here, because that's too obvious.

What is the core of any force?
    Will * means. Their relationship is linear.

Why do people listen to one person, but not the other?
    Some people are just more charismatic than others, or that person is more authoritative: either because they are respected for their knowledge/experience, or they are actually in command.

Block V

What is boorishness? Does your understanding of it correlate with the generally accepted notion?
    Another question asking a person for a subject interpretation of an objectively defined word!

Boorishness is having bad manners and being crude.
    How would you explain what boorishness mean to a 10 year old child?
    I would say - "it is having bad manners." Like it is written in OED.

How would you explain the same to an adult who does not behave ethically?
    It's kind of pointless. An adult who is already boorish will not become otherwise because these are things learned in childhood. If people don't behave ethically in a legal sense, they can go to prison and be rehabilitated by experts, who patiently explain why following the rules is better. If they are just rude to people, why try to persuade them otherwise? Just be rude back.

How would you improve the moral of the society?
    People should learn discipline. We should be a more disciplined society by outlawing unemployment and forcing people to work, conscription, harsher punishments for minor crimes, and stuff like that. Other than this low discipline, society's morals are generally pretty decent, and most people are good people. They don't need much improvement.

Can you justify somebody's bad behavior by thinking that he/she wasn't taught how to do so?
    Sure. You can, but it does not reduce the punishment. They should have taught themselves - it is not that hard.

Give us your understanding of love. Can you love and punish at the same time?
    yes daddy.

Jk. Yes of course you can. Punishment is a way of altering peoples behaviours - you can make them have a better life, be more safe and prosperous and so on, by punishing them. But it's about the intent. If you love someone and punish them out of love for them, then sure, why not? Punishment is not only a bad thing: good things come from being punished too. Punishment is an inherent form of human ethics.

Have you heard about the Southern hospitality? Everything is for the guest. There is also a German hospitality – the master of the house is always right. What method is the right one? Try to evaluate without the weight of any cultural aspects, traditions, nations etc.
    I prefer the German aspect, because if you are in my home, you follow my rules. There are different rules for the home and for public areas, and there is no need to make them teh same thing.

What is sympathy? When do you need to express it? When is it advised not to?
    Sympathy is important. It is when you show that you are on somebody's side after something bad has happened to them. People need to know that they have support when they are having a tough time, even if it is just very very brief, so sympathy is an important signaler to show people that you support them. Now sometimes you should act unsympathetically when you need to be decisive. Later, you can explain if you want, but sympathy should not interfere with the smooth running of operations. If more people were sympathetic, we'd have a better place to live.

Are there any norms of behavior in the society? Do you follow them? Do people always have to follow them? Why?
    Sure there are norms in society. Everyone can tell you some social norms. Do I follow them? Sure. Most of them, I think. Norms are not so much things constructed by philsophers, but just rules drilled into your head from your upbringing. You follow them for social stability, not necessarily because they are "right", so you should follow it most of the time, yes.

How do you know what attitude among people is right or wrong?
    It’s kind of intuitive for almost all things. Few questions that come up about peoples behaviours or attitudes require complex consideration, and we can usually resort to our existing standards of right/wrong to draw useful parallels.

What does moral mean? What is immoral? Does your understanding correlate with the others?
    There is a whole school of philosophy-theology for finding out what morality is, what is the most moral way to behave, so on and so forth. In some respects I am happy to leave this to the “experts” to justify my personal feelings on morality.

However:

I am “by ideology” a Communist and “by practicality” a card-carrying member of a Democratic Socialist political party and also a trade union, so what I think constitutes the right way to to behave is the same question as “how is the right way to organise society as a whole.” If by morality you mean how do I behave to other people it is simply - you should always try to do to others what you would want others to do to you.

How can you evaluate the correctness of your own understanding?
    In terms of the above questions, of morals, norms, and ethics? I don’t need to and don’t have to in 90% of circumstances. Sometimes I do things which upset people, so I have to reflect whether my actions caused harm to other people and whether I could have foreseen that would happen, and whether I cared or not.

Somebody is giving you a negative attitude – what is your reaction?
    Well, I do not always want to start a fight over every little thing. If they are being negative because they want a reasonable request, I guess I will give it to them. If they’re being negative for no real reason, if they have some power over me I might just ignore or avoid them. If I have some power over them then I might give them shit for it. It depends on my mood too.

Could you show your own negative attitude toward someone else? If so, how? Could you give a person the silent treatment? How easily do you forgive people? Yes, in all ways, I can show how I am annoyed a person, although I do not prefer to do this in a professional setting. I can give people silent treatment. I usually forgive quickly.

Block VI

"Whole world does not cost one tear of child" – how do you understand this phrase? Do you agree with this opinion?
    i don’t understand this phrase. There are many ways you can interpret it, all valid I guess, but it is not an English-language quote and this direct translation makes neither semantic nor pragmatic sense.

Is it acceptable to express emotions? Give examples of inappropriate expression of emotions.
    Hm, as I have got older I have started to be more liberal with emotions, and more accepting of it. I do not like massive public outbursts of emotion, it is still inappropriate, but I am more willing to forgive the expression of emotion in myself and in others as being natural and healthy, and in fact important. I just don't like overtly loud displays of anything in public - like keep quiet, honestly, do not embarrass yourself so much. Like when people are screeching, for example.

Can you use negative emotions? In what situations?
    “Use?”

I read this question as meaning can you use your emotions to achieve some end — can I pretend to be sad to gain something? Sure, I can, but I do not really like to do it. I can show people some semi-fake negative emotions, and gain some support from them for something, but I only use this as a last resort, and preferably on people I do not care much about, because it is a form of lying.

How do you express negative emotions? What does it look like? What do others think about it?
    There are not really any negative emotions in my opinion, only in the opinion of others, so now that I can talk about how I express it, I sort of have to talk about how I express all emotions. As I have progressed from very young adult to sort of, almost really an adult, I realise that all emotional expression has to be honest to be worth anything. If you can’t honestly realise and confront those emotions, those are pointless. So I will not here explain to you every detail of how I am emotional but that I try always for it to be honest.

Shallow emotions – what does it mean? Are there any other emotions? What are right or wrong emotions?
    There’s no shallow emotions, or right & wrong emotions. Too subjective. What I think is shallow might not be for others. Maybe you think lust is a shallow emotion but for me, lust is deep and powerful, and maybe I think that your sad quest for wealth is a shallow emotion but to you it may be deep and powerful.

Can you change the emotional state of yourself? Of others? To what side – positive or negative?
    Of myself sure I can use some willpower to put negative emotions out of myself, for the time being at least. It is simple — just do not concentrate on what you are “feeling”, and “think only.” For others sure, I can inspire negative emotions in almost anyone. It is not difficult to perceive what might piss a person off. Positive is harder, but you can be more generalist there. Most all people like to be complimented, or to have some person inquire about them. . .

What does it mean to "pour out your emotions"? How does it happen? Does your internal emotional state correlate with what you show externally? #It means to express emotion without control. No it doesn’t, or at least very rarely. Sometimes I find something hilarious but do not laugh, and sometimes I find something very sad but I can keep a small smile.

Do you track what mood you are in throughout the day? Do you notice the mood of others? No I am not normally thinking what mood I am in, unless it strikes me that I am in a bad or good mood. I do notice the mood of others, but usually only when theyre expressive people. If they’re inexpressive, it can be hard to tell. Sometimes, people display things that I interpret as being in a bad mood, but really they are just "not expressing happiness," which to me is the same thing as being in a bad mood when I see it in others even though it's also my 'default' state.

Block VII

Do you like surprises?
    No I prefer to know everything ahead of schedule, as much as is possible, unless it is something like a present I guess.

How people change? How do you feel about those changes? Can others see the changes?
    If people change it is as a result of the experiences they meet, so I can’t necessarily say if those are bad or good changes for that person, but sometimes people change into a type of person I don’t like, so… obviously I do not like this.

Is it true that whatever happens is only for the best?
    No that’s fucking retarded lmfao why would anyone possibly think that

What do you think of horoscopes, fortune telling etc.? Do you believe in luck, lucky fortuity?
    No, it is all nonsense.

Can you forecast events? Is it even real?
    I have a strong sense of my “gut” but I accept the limitations of this. Sure I forecast some events from a general “feeling”, but I think this is actually because peripheral information is metastatic - you don’t notice the information coming into your head consciously, but it expresses itself as a gut feeling.

There was no reason for me to say that DJT would win the election - statistically it was bs, but possibly all the information you unconsciously see formed a logical picture that he would win in my head, which is why my gut predicted it.

What is time? How do you feel time? Can you "kill" time? How?
    You can kill time by waiting.

When I was younger I used to fly quite often, and sometimes it was long flights, like twelve or thirteen hours. To pass the time you divide the time left by two. Ten hours left? In five hours you will be half way there. Six hours left? In three hours you will be half way there. Etc.

It is not hard to kill some time. You just need to have proper perspective. Another mind game: in twenty four hours this whole process will be over. Compared to the rest of your life, it is not such a long time, is it? Just deal w/ it.

Is it easy for you to wait for some important event? What if you don’t know when it is supposed to happen?
    If I know when it will happen, it is easy. If I don’t, it’s hard, stressful, frustrating.

Do you need help creating forecasts and determining how something will end? Do you trust those forecasts? I don’t think I need help because I am very confident, but it could just be that I’m confidently wrong. My forecasts are not always correct.

Are you normally late? How do you react if someone is late?
    I’m almost always on time exactly, or either five mins late or early. I don’t like it if people are late but I forgive it because I’m sometimes late. It is impossible for me to believe that for some people it is simply normal or ok to be 1hr late+.

Block VIII

Is there a meaning of life? In what? Is it the same for everybody?
    There's no objective meaning to life, so in this sense it is the same for everybody, yes. It's up to you to find meaning in your life.

What should be done so people can be happy?
    Less work, more leisure. Some kind of system which provides as much basics as possible so that people can define their own life purpose and meaning without the immediate material burdens. It is quite possible but it is unlikely because it is not compatible with the way we live.

In the situations with a lot of potential and volatility will you trust your own guts, logically calculating everything or will you ask people you trust what should be done? I almost always trust my gut. If I ask people what should be done, I follow their advice entirely, or I do not ask them at all, there is no “incorporating others advice.”

What qualities should a person have to be successful and why?
    In this world? They need to be very ruthless, very thrifty, and very hard working—and very lucky.

What qualities can stop a person from being successful and why?
    Well other than laziness and incompetence (both of which correlate to low IQ, like sub-40th percentile IQ), some people can be held back by mental illness, poor upbringing, et cetera.

What is more important in life – to be a good person or be a successful one? Why?
    No, that is up for you to decide. For me I prefer both. There is no bargaining here: if I am successful, I will use it to be good, and if I am good, I will find some way to succeed from it. I reject stupid dilemmatical questions like this and substitute my own authority.

Is a good person always successful? If not, then why?
    Because the qualities required for ‘success’ in our societies just don’t 1:1 correlate with the qualities required for being a ‘good person.’
    Last edited by totalize; 10-02-2017 at 06:01 PM.

TIM
    NAPOLEON
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Thanks for the reply! (Ill go read about LIE). Could you elaborate?

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Hmmm, this is a bit of a tricky one at least for me. In the personal life section you mentioned how you put on a cheerful outward appearance when interacting with people but at the same time think emotional expression is bullshit as evidenced in the Fe answers, which sounds like textbook Fe role to me. Te appears to be a strong function with all the various factual references. Sensor Vibe. All in all think you actually might be LSE even though you did not mention it among the types you related to. I noticed in question 10 of the Ni block you replaced Ni with Si i.e smoking a cigarette instead of something like daydreaming. The one thing off about about LSE however is that you are quite explicit in your interest towards Se related activites. It is difficult to tell if this is the demonstrative showing off, the HA trying to look strong or just the base function being normal. As for the LIE possibility in might be good to see if @Adam Strange can relate this, whom is an LIE himself.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by totalize View Post
    I have been told I am an SLE, LSI, SEE, or LIE (this one sounds particularly inaccurate).

Personally I think that SLE or LSI sounds the most accurate from what I have read. I would like to give some info about myself rather than answer the questionnaire but I will obviously answer any questions anybody has. I am very open to any answer so long as it is reasoned through. I included a description of myself at the end.
    LIE. Probably LIE-Te for subtype. Probably E8 too in Enneagram.

Why did you think LIE is inaccurate for you?

You are clearly a Logic lead with all that constant focus on Rationality but the Te/Fi is valued over Ti/Fe. Te due to how you literally match the definitions of Te, you focus on work, efficiency, utility etc.... you understand Ti well but you put some Te answers in the Ti block too, e.g. your answer on standards. You devalue Fe, as explained by Muddytextures but I can go into more details on this.

Se/Ni is also valued, of course, well I assume that because of so much focus on Se, I don't think I need to explain that one lol?

Ne demonstrative also makes sense (unless Muddytextures is right about LSE and it's just valued Ne hence the extra emphasis on that block). You had no problem answering those questions and of course in terms of Ni, you seem OK with forecasting and dealing with what is going to happen, and throughout your other answers in the questionnaire a mentally focused approach shows up quite often.

Si PoLR makes more sense than Ni PoLR due to the above and due to you displaying some cluelessness in Si block. Also your messiness, including where you frustrate your bosses by neglecting the Si details.

You overall seem to have more gamma Te than delta, at least to me it seemed you have the same approach to economics questions the Gamma NTs I know do, etc. Speaking of gamma NT friends.. you remind me of my ex LIE bf in some places with your Fi DS. You make a lot of the same Fi related statements/thoughts he would say/think/act upon

More on Se. Se HA is apparent here: "Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy."
    Out of curiosity: give me examples of you occupying someone else's territory.

Oh and if you want to hear detailed reasoning, feel free to ask questions where it is unclear why I have these conclusions.

Quote Originally Posted by Muddytextures View Post
    I noticed in question 10 of the Ni block you replaced Ni with Si i.e smoking a cigarette instead of something like daydreaming.
    What? Please don't type from one little tidbit like that. Anyone can smoke a cigarette and not all Ni egos are constantly daydreaming. I do agree on the Fe role though, good observation. What is the Sensor vibe to you here? Are you sure it's not just strengthened Te lead?
    Last edited by Myst; 11-03-2015 at 10:54 AM.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I think Te base is likelier than Se base, but a good argument otherwise could sway me. I would completely rule out LSI. I don't see that at all.

Edit: the more I read, the more I think Te base. Maybe I'll be able to pull some verbalizable reasoning out of my ass later when I'm not a phone.
    Last edited by ashlesha; 11-03-2015 at 11:41 AM.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

What is it about LIE that strikes you as most glaringly inaccurate?

TIM
    NAPOLEON
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Thanks so much for all the posts guys

About LIE. I first got into Typology 6 years ago. I haven't touched Socionics for 2 years. So my memory and understanding of it has changed, and also -- my own personality has become a lot more clear. I am pretty much who I am going to be now in a personality sense whereas when I was younger I was fluctuating a lot.

So re-reading some of the material now, it does sound very fitting. When I first got into socionics and I was reading about Se, it really struck me as something I am all really about. I didn't consider it could be something of a HA type function. And the thing about Te is that I am quite independent, I will use verified facts to beat people in arguments but when it comes to thinking -- I do a lot of independent thinking and reasoning myself. Ti in an ignoring function was one major reason that I felt LIE didn't fit at all, because I am very interested in systematism and how things logically fit together.

Regarding LSE, I really have to say no, because Si is something that I feel that is more like a role, vulnerable or ignoring function. This was one of the major reasons I rejected this type quite early on. I am personally a somewhat spartan person and though I enjoy comfort, it is something that is beneficial that I have earned for myself and not something that I or anyone else is entitled to. I especially detest it, really, when people use comfort as an argument for doing some type of behaviour.

To me I think the debate is really between SLE and LIE (now that I have read more about it !) because of the way I feel about extraverted sensing and I also felt the rheinin dichotomies were much more SLE than LIE (though I've been told this is a rubbish way to type a person). Of course I am open to other ideas too and I am thankful for people who are posting their opinions even if I don't agree. So anyway, maybe it would be time to speak about duality, it's supposed to be important, right?

The thing is that I do NOT like to be pushed or nagged by people. if I am not doing something that I should be doing, it makes it worse if people are trying to get me to do. I don't know if that's just (im)maturity or not knowing what's good for me. But what I read about LIE is that its dual ESI is perfect because they are constantly pushing LIE to achieve, which is something I don't want.

It is a bit confusing

TIM
    ESI 684
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have been told I am an SLE, LSI, SEE, or LIE (this one sounds particularly inaccurate).

Personally I think that SLE or LSI sounds the most accurate from what I have read. I would like to give some info about myself rather than answer the questionnaire but I will obviously answer any questions anybody has. I am very open to any answer so long as it is reasoned through. I included a description of myself at the end.

Gracious thanks to anyone who answers

Block I

General to specific, specific to general – what does it mean?
    General to specific is starting with a broad idea and narrowing it down to details, and specific to general is starting with a detail and going up to a broad idea. You could mix these with induction/deduction respectively.

What does "logical" mean? What is your understanding? Do you think that it correlates with the common view?
    Logic is something that follows logically speaking. I can't write an essay on what that means or use a mathematical example (though maths is purely logic.) I think this is basically is the common view, but there is a commonly held perspective that logic is facts, which is NOT true. Logic is a form of thinking, not a form of fact repetition. Facts and logic aren't the same.

How do you explain fractions on the dial of the clock?
    Er what. They are diagrammical expressions of time. I feel like this question is trying to get a philosophical answer out of me.

What is a rule? What rules do you have to follow?
    A rule is something you have to do or something you don't have to do. You have to follow all the rules unless they're wrong or unjust. That being said I often have a total disregard for rules but get mad at people who break rules. I can't seem to fix this hypocrisy in my head -- there's no logic to it. It just is. Since I did this questionnaire back to front, I notice this happens to me a lot. I want everyone to do one thing but I don't care myself if I do the same. I think that could be bad, but reflecting on it, I feel no emotion on it: it feels kind of promising, actually.

What is hierarchy? Do you need to follow it? Why or why not?
    Hierarchy is the sequential placement of some things on top of others. Some hierarchies are immoral and should be destroyed. Others are legitimate and just. I follow all of them though because tbh, society and hierarchy are intertwined.

What do you think of instructions? Do you use them? Could you write an instruction manual? If so, what type of instruction manual would you most likely write?
    Sometimes I write instruction manuals for certain things. I read them if I need to. I interpret instructions liberally, but keep them in my mind as what I do is focused broadly around the instruction given, so that I can justify my actions if necessary.

Please explain: "Freedom is in complying with the laws, but not in ignoring the laws"? Do you agree with the statement? Why?
    A person who could ignore all law would be ulimately free. Man is born free but is everywhere in chains, no? I don't agree with the statement at face value. It may be trying to say something, but it is needlessly lyrical about it.

Without law there is NO freedom. There is only the animal in everyone reigning supreme. That being said, without freedom there is no law either, only people's decisions.

Tell us how consistent you are.
    I think I'm actually pretty inconsistent, because it's hard for me to put my reasoning on paper, but the underlying thought processes and mentalities behind how I think and act are almost always highly consistent.

What is a "standard"? Why do people need it?
    A standard is the bottom line below which you will not drop. We all need standards, but they are in line with what we can afford to provide for ourselves. This is true both materially and sexually. A man with $1000 dollars can buy a $100 dollar shirt, man with $99 can not. Marlon Brando can have high standards -- a hobo on street can not, this is not a value judgment: it's a fact.

You need to put your home library in order. How do you feel about this activity? How will you approach this task?
    This is a great task. I would order the books by genre/topic and stack them by size. I find this type of behaviour, where I apply my mental organisational processes to real life affairs greatly pleasing and satisfying and wish I could do it more often, with other people's things too.

Block II

What is work in your opinion?
    Selling your labour.

Why do people go to work?
    MONEY

Are there any parameters where you can distinguish whether you can do this work or not?
    Yes, is it well paid enough/is it demeaning. I can be a hard worker if I need to, but I will never sell myself for sex.

Is there any correlation between quality and quantity?
    Quantity has a quality all of its own.

Tell us if or how the price depends on quality?
    High quality things are usually expensive. Not always, but usually. It is a mistake, however, to correlate them. T.M. Lewin makes very good, high quality shirts for half the price than say, Zara. But Zara is fashionable

How do people determine the quality of work?
    How well was the thing achieved?

How do you determine such quality?
    That depends entirely on the line of work, doesn't it? I feel this question is a little bit arbitrary. I'm not sure what can be gained from it. If something was done efficiently that was quite quality. Or if it is very detailed.

How well you can determine the quality of any purchase, do you pay any attention to it?
    Very well and yes. It's important, though that doesn't mean I only buy high quality things... like everyone I have a budget.

How do you feel if you didn't finish some work? Does it ever happen? What are the reasons?
    It happens all the time. It was obviously not interesting/not challenging/unnecessary.

What is "interesting work" for you? Please explain in detail.
    Something that I would do if I wasn't paid to do it.

You go to the store and see something you're interested in buying; there is a price tag on it. What parameters are you going to use to understand if it's overpriced, underpriced, or priced correctly?
    1 Utility. Has it any utility?
    2 Material. Some things are made from materials that simply can't warrant the price.
    3 Comparison to other things of the same utility and material, or perhaps different materials.
    4 Ultimate need. Some things are overpriced because they're expensive bare necessities, which is wrong and unfair.

When you work and someone tells you: "You don't do it right." What is your reaction?
    It depends. If I am new to it and they have a lot of experience I want to know how to do it (and eventually to do it better than tehm, and show them that I did.) But if they are my peer or worse, I would be really mad and very sarcastic/aggro about it.

There is a professional right next to you. You always see that you can't perform the way they do. Your feelings, thoughts and actions?

When you have to ask someone else to help you with the task, how do you feel?
    Between humiliated and no feeling at all, depending on the difficulty of the task and my familiarity with it.

You need to build a pyramid exactly like in Egypt. Your thoughts, feelings and actions?
    The most useful thing would be to know how the first one was built and simply replicate it. But you would need to take precise measurements otherwise, and find the type of rock etc.. I don' think this is daunting, but I would be really irritated if it was totally pointless (which in almost all circumstances it is, but if the pyramids were ever destroyed, it would be good to rebuild them).

Block III

What is beauty?
    Something that is great because of its properties.

Do you change your opinion about beauty? Does your understanding correlate with the generally accepted notion? What goes beyond the generally accepted notion?
    It changes over time, but only in increments and never in a revolutionary sense. I think my understanding is broadly in touch with everybody else's.

Please describe your understanding of a beautifully dressed person. What is the core of beauty? How do you explain what is beautiful to a person who has never heard about beauty before?
    To me beauty means something that is really jaw-dropping in a refined, non-sexual sense. I can't explain the core of it or how to explain it to others; I have literally never thought about this and thinking about it is drawing a total blank.

Is there a template of understanding what beautiful means for everyone to use?
    No. I don't think so. In a sexual way probably yes, but otherwise, no. I think beautiful often is related to love. If I see something beautiful it makes me stop what I'm doing and think about that thing in a positive, non-sexual way. Others can use that definition if they feel it fits. I don't think there's a universal one.

Is there such a term as "classical beauty"?
    Yes. The male greek nose, for instance. I don't know if these things are better per se -- after all everyone has their own tastes -- but this is just a description used for certain things.

What is comfort?
    Feeling nice. But I have to say this is more mental than physical. I can be physically uncomfortable for a long time and that's fine but awkward situations kind of annoy me and make me feel uncomfortable. Some social situations are more uncomfortable than being on a twelve hour plane flight with a broken seat and no entertainment, for instance. That I can pass by, I can will myself through. Uncomfortable situations mentally or socially are more difficult to do that.

What is coziness?
    Well warmth really, but I have been able to create a cosy atmosphere in the tropics by turning the aircon up a lot, wearing a jumper and socks indoors and closing the curtains and using dim lights. Cosy to me means somewhere I want to sleep.

How do you create your comfort and coziness?
    By surrounding myself with things that I like.

How do others evaluate your skill in doing so? Do you agree with them?
    I don't know. How would I know that? I don't ask people if they think I am comfortable lol.

How do you pick your own clothes?
    Block colours, casual but not subcultural or informal.

Do you follow fashion? Why?
    Yes, but only basic fashion - belt should be the same colour as shoes, for instance. Nobody will listen to a badly turned out person.

Do you know how to select clothes for different types of figures?
    Things should fit, shouldn't they?

How do you cook? Do you follow recipes?
    Yes, and I watch recipe youtube videos, but only so I can learn the sequence. The timing and co-ordination of ingredietns I learn myself by trial & error.

What do others think of your skill?
    People are usually impressed by my cooking! It's not healthy though. I have a voracious appetite and tend to consume large amounts of carbs and meat and it's not for everyone I guess.

Are you good at color patterns and mixing them and matching?
    Honestly no, I usually choose earthtone because they're easy to match.

If someone is telling you what is beautiful and what is not, what goes with what color and what is not, do you agree with this person?
    No. Though sometimes I take advice from women on which pictures I look best in. Interestingly, they always choose different ones from me.

Tell us how you'd design any room, house or an office. Do you do it yourself or trust someone else to do it? Why?
    I'd always do that myself. To be honest, I like busy spaces and I like clutter too, but only if its organised in my own personal way -- I know where everything is in my room but god help anyone trying to find something. I prefer wood to metal and plastic -- wood is real, earthy, old. I do not like leather or marble.

How do you know if a person has bad taste? Could you give us an example? Do you always trust your own taste or do you seek opinions from others?
    I always know if a person has bad taste because what they are wearing tells you so much about them as a person. You can usually tell a person has bad taste if they spend more on something than they ought to or if they choose a flashy choice over a more subtle one (rolex is the best example). I almost always trust my own tastes.

Block IV

Can you line up human resources and make them do things?
    Yes. Quite naturally. This is my preferred thing to do.

What methods do you use?
    Usually I just tell or ask them to do it and people have so little willpower and agree to be led that they do it. If not, I start off weak - promises, persuasion. If its a big deal, I might cajole them, and then if even bigger - I might degrade them, or use physical force. On more than one occasion have I literally pushed a person out of a house into a waiting taxi because they wouldn't go themselves (they wanted to go, they were just taking their time while everyone else was waiting).

Can you press people? If so, how does it happen?
    Yes I do not let up until I get what I want. If I owe them something I don't do it until they have done this thing for me.

What is incursion? How do you deal with this?
    Incursion is when a person tries to assert themselves over me and assert power over me they don't have (i.e. I haven't given them). Maybe they want to use my stuff and I don't want them to, they want me to do something, they want to do something I don't want them to do, etc etc. Incursion is not about them encroaching on my space also but expanding their own space so that it comes into conflict with mine. If this happens it is total war and I do everything I need to do to stop it (unless it is unwise).

Can you repulse? How easy can you do it?
    Usually I fob them off until they forget about it, but the words 'fuck off' come quite easily to me.

What does "my people" and "strangers" mean? When do "my people" become "strangers" and why?
    A stranger is a person who is new to me. My people are people to whom I belong as part of some greater connection and to whom ultimately I feel I have an obligation to look after or lead or support.

Are there strategies of attack? Can you use them? When is it justified?
    What does this mean? There are strategies to everything; attack, defence, stall, delay, gain, give, etc. If the question is asking do I have a method of engaging people offensively to gain something for myself, yes, there are many many: I will divide them between nice/bad. The former is persuasion, trade, pallying up; the latter is more aggressive.

Do you think it's ok to occupy someone else's territory? In what situations?
    Yes, of course. I tried to justify this a few times but I can't. It just is. Perhaps I have no regard for why this might be right or wrong, I just do it.

(In a meta situation though, I don't agree with political imperialism. All countries have the right to self-determination.)

What are the methods of volitional force? When is it most effective and in what situations?
    Volitional force is application of willpower to achieve a goal. There are lots of methods. It would be silly to list all of them, but in general they involve you getting people to do things or not do things you want them or don't want them to do.

Volitional force is weaker than physical force and usually needs it support. Gandhi was possessed with a great quantity of physical force but he was lucky that the British weren't able to simply have him and his supporters disappear like the Nazis or Communists. On the other hand, Aung San Suu Kyi (who I will reference later) has taken on a junta and with no bullets at all defeated them in a battle of volitional willpower. So it is a very strong thing indeed, but only useful if a person is protected in some way from 'ultimate force', which is necessarily physical.

Lastly, physical force needs volitional force behind it. Robespierre is a great example of a person who had both physical power and the volition to back it up. Obama is the best example of a person who has immense, total, physical power but no volition to support it. He could at the stroke of a pen liquidate Assad and crush ISIS and yet, he has not. Because he hasn't enough volitional willpower.

How do you protect yourself and your interests?
    With determination.

Describe your behavior in the situations of opposition and if you have to use some force?
    If I really want something, I plow through, I am unperturbed by opposition. I do not care and I will use any means at my disposable to get through.

Do others think of you as a strong person? Do you think you are a strong person?
    I rather think they do. I hear it, anyway -- and stoic is a word they use too, and I don't understand them as being the same, but related. Almost everybody who knows me closely has at some point said I am a strong person. Others say 'strong personality' which is almost the same thing. I am not that physically strong though.

Though when I was younger we used to do bareknuckle boxing with the group I drank with and I would choose always to fight the strongest people. It was necessary to assert I was capable of standing up for myself.

How do you understand if a person is strong? Are there any signs of a strong person? (I combined these questions).
    'Never give in, never give in, never, never, never-in nothing, great or small, large or petty - never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.'

A strong person perseveres when everything is against them, when they have been robbed of what they love, when they have their backs to the wall. That being said, a living example of this is not the author of the quote above but, imo, Aung San Suu Kyi. I really admire this person because despite having all the chips against them they came out struggling and fighting.

The first time I shot a rabbit it didn't die and my partner, a more experienced hunter, had to grab it by the neck and break it. I was impressed, in retrospect, that this animal, despite death being inevitable, continued to wriggle and struggle despite the very end being in sight.

What is the core of any force?
    Willpower.

Why do people listen to one person, but not the other?
    That person has compelling power. This could be codified: the boss. Or they could be charismatic, persuasive, powerful, wilful. Peoples perceptions are more important than facts in determining who wins (though not who is right, as history has shown).

Block V

What is boorishness?
    Very intense crudeness, possibly combined with rudeness.

Does your understanding of it correlate with the generally accepted notion?
    Yes, I think so. I would look up the dictionary definition now, but that's cheating, right? Really, what's the point of using a word when others wouldn't understand it?

How would you explain what boorishness mean to a 10 year old child?
    It's like when you say things in a stupid way that also makes people upset.

How would you explain the same to an adult who does not behave ethically?
    I shouldn't need to explain this to them. If you don't get it by the time you're an adult, you never will, and you should reap the consequences.

How would you improve the moral of the society?
    Conscription.

Can you justify somebody's bad behavior by thinking that he/she wasn't taught how to do so?
    Yes. Definitely. Nobody is born knowing that littering is bad, for instance.

Give us your understanding of love. Can you love and punish at the same time?
    Yes. Sometimes you have to punish someone so they don't do something bad. My mother would get really mad at me if I crossed the road without looking both ways. This is obviously a loving reason to punish a person -- you hope to instill in them a sense of doing something for their own good.

Have you heard about the Southern hospitality? Everything is for the guest. There is also a German hospitality – the master of the house is always right. What method is the right one? Try to evaluate without the weight of any cultural aspects, traditions, nations etc.
    I prefer the German method. I decide the rules of my house -- you decide yours. If you or I don't like one another's rules we can always go to the pub instead. Houses are a private place and should remain so.

What is sympathy? When do you need to express it? When is it advised not to?
    Sympathy is showing solidarity with a person in a bad situation, you should always show it. Even if child sticks his hand in fire, you should show sympathy. It was their fault: to tell them it wasn't would be mollycoddling. But they are in pain so while they are in pain we should be sympathetic. Afterwards you should scold them.

Are there any norms of behavior in the society? Do you follow them? Do people always have to follow them? Why?
    Yes I follow most norms -- it would be impossible to list them -- and so should everybody else. Without social norms our society would break down. They are just rules that it would be impossible or unwise to enforce by law.

How do you know what attitude among people is right or wrong?
    If someone has a bad attitude it is almost always because they are thinking of themselves and their petty interests rather than what is good for everybody.

What does moral mean? What is immoral? Does your understanding correlate with the others?
    Morals come from a variety of sources; some ethical understandings are innate to humans, others come from society, culture and religion. I think that would be a broadly accepted definition, but it is also my own. Moral is conformity to the basic ethical principles underlined by the aforementioned and immoral is violation to them.

How can you evaluate the correctness of your own understanding?
    I don't understand the question. The understanding logically follows: I don't need to evaluate it. It can be falsified by some evidence or other to the contrary, but I can't be looking for falsifiable evidence for every proposition I make because that is literally impossible. 'There are no black ducks' and so on.

Somebody is giving you a negative attitude – what is your reaction?
    I close off to them. I don't want to help them or assist them. They are now an 'enemy' so to speak, we are in confrontation, we are rivals. If people are mad at me we're not on the same team.

Could you show your own negative attitude toward someone else? If so, how? Could you give a person the silent treatment? How easily do you forgive people? Easily. If it would be counterproductive to be aggressive, I would undermine them as a way to get my own back for something they did. If I could get aggressive with them then I would, no problem.

Block VI

"Whole world does not cost one tear of child" – how do you understand this phrase? Do you agree with this opinion?
    I don't really understand the phrase and I have never heard it, but it reminds me of 'you can't make an egg without breaking a few omelettes'. I agree with that. Some degree of sacrifice and suffering is required to achieve anything in life and there will always be minorities who want to get in the way of progress or stubborn individuals who try to put up obstacles to advancement. They should be swept aside ('for the greater good'). If they are children that is a shame though.

Is it acceptable to express emotions? Give examples of inappropriate expression of emotions.
    No it is not. I admire the Japanese for how emotionless they are in public. Emotional outbursts make a situation awkward, uncomfortable, unproductive. People cried in public when Michael Jackson died and this was both stupid and inappropriate.

Can you use negative emotions? In what situations?
    'Use them'? Yes, they can motivate you.

How do you express negative emotions? What does it look like? What do others think about it?
    I think others do not like this at all and my ex girlfriend used to say it was scary. I can become violent and angry. I can break things or say things to people I have to apologise for later. That's just anger. If I become very selfish I can also become very stubborn and unyielding and in fact try to take from the person asking from me. But I'm usually only selfish when angry.

Shallow emotions – what does it mean? Are there any other emotions?
    I guess this refers to less developed emotions, but the question itself sounds pretentious and haughty.

What are right or wrong emotions?
    I can't think of any.

Can you change the emotional state of yourself? Of others? To what side – positive or negative?
    Yes I have a masterful control of my own emotional. I can easily say 'get a hold of yourself man' to myself and control my emotions, reign them and and let them out later. A person who is unable to control their emotions is of no use to me materially.

What does it mean to "pour out your emotions"? How does it happen? Does your internal emotional state correlate with what you show externally?
    I usually get drunk and rant, often angrily, and if with other people (and not the internet) it usually develops into a verbal fight. I don't necessarily have to rant about what I am thinking about, but the act of getting up and confronting people and pointing my finger at them and speaking loudly and aggressively calms me down mentally (although obviously not physiologically). I do this sober, just less intensively.

My ex is the only person ever who I have been able to really open up to and that was simply me telling her why I felt bad about something and eventually, piece by piece, bad things would come out.

Do you track what mood you are in throughout the day? Do you notice the mood of others?
    Not at all. I only notice that I am in a good mood if people tell me and moreover I only notice if I am in a bad mood if I am at the point where I want to smash something.

Block VII

Do you like surprises?
    No not at all. I must know everything in advance. However life is not like that and I am well prepared for surprises and the unpredictable.

How people change? How do you feel about those changes? Can others see the changes?
    People change over time. This is fine, and natural.

Is it true that whatever happens is only for the best?
    No, this is utter nonsense. Some things that happen are obviously bad, for instance: death or destitution.

What do you think of horoscopes, fortune telling etc.? Do you believe in luck, lucky fortuity?
    I feel like I am gifted with a titanic quantity of luck, but on the whole I don't believe in any kind of superstition.

Can you forecast events? Is it even real?
    Yes, obviously, based on good prediction. You could forecast a drop in the value of gold if a country sold off its entire reserve of gold. But no, you couldn't guess a pregnant woman would go into labour based on the tides or anything ridiculous like this.

What is time? How do you feel time? Can you "kill" time? How?
    I feel like I can make time pass faster by focusing on other things other than what I am waiting for, yes. I can deal quite well with the passage of time in that sense.

Is it easy for you to wait for some important event? What if you don’t know when it is supposed to happen?
    Yes, it is quite easy. I can control my nerves too, if it's important. if i don't know... with some power I can put it to the back of my mind, yes. I don't like to do this, in fact -- it's uncomfortable, but it is necessary anyway.

Do you need help creating forecasts and determining how something will end? Do you trust those forecasts?
    No I do that myself unless it involves knowing a lot of things, in which case I might read an article about it; I would trust if it made sense.

Are you normally late? How do you react if someone is late?
    I am almost always within 5 minutes of when I am meant to be there and if someone is late I count that against them as a very bad quality.

Imagine the situation where you agreed to meet with someone. Your feelings and actions:
    a) 20 minutes before the meeting starts,

This is a bit silly because it depends on the situation. But on the whole, 20 minutes I am still planning whatever the interaction will be. Making contingency plans, probably.

b) 5 minutes before the meeting starts,
    I am outside having a last cigarette.

c) it is time for the meeting to start, but the person is not here,
    Wait. People are usually late. Especially in this country.

d) 20 minutes after the meeting start time and the person is not here,
    I have probably texted them a few times. However if they're not replying they might have run into some unforeseen trouble so I don't mind waiting.

e) more time and the person is still not here…
    It depends on a lot of factors like how far away I am from home and who I am waiting for. If I am waiting for a good friend I could wait a very long time. If its someone I don't care about then I would leave within 30 minutes probably. And I might never talk to them again.

Block VIII

Is there a meaning of life? In what? Is it the same for everybody?
    There is no meaning of life, but you can make a meaning for yourself by deciding what you want to do with your life and ... doing that.

What should be done so people can be happy?
    This is a huge political question, but broadly speaking the amount of time a person must spend on work should be reduced (ideally by some form of universal basic income supported by increases in technology) so that people actually have time to apply meaning to their life. A person cannot be happy without a meaningful life, but in the mean time we could at least stop taxing alcohol.

In the situations with a lot of potential and volatility will you trust your own guts, logically calculating everything or will you ask people you trust what should be done? The first clause really answers this question: in this situation, I am on my own, and I do what my head and heart tells me to do. I rarely seek advice on big issues from people and instead go ahead with what I have reasoned/decided. If only because only I know best how to achieve the outcome I want.

When you meet a stranger, what can you say about them right away? How do you know what this person is all about? Does it take long to understand someone's talents? A LOT of things:
    1 their social class
    2 their nature as a serious person or a humorous person
    3 their 'status' or rather how much they command.
    Someone's talents take a while to understand, though. They often have some useful ability you only really find out about later on, at least in my experience.

Remember an interesting person and call out 5-6 qualities you think are interesting in them. What makes an interesting person? Are you an interesting person? Why? What if someone calls you "boring" and "not interesting"?
    My manager is an interesting guy:
    1 He knows a lot about the job and has a lot of experience.
    2 We often talk about political/philosophical/social issues which is interesting.
    3 His personal background which I don't know much about is intriguing. I want to know more but can't ask lol
    4 I like to gleam things from the way the company works about him.
    5 There is something very contradictory about his person I haven't yet figured out.
    6 His mental process is interesting to observe.
    If someone calls me boring they are probably an idiot. Interesting people come in all stripes -- I think everybody in the whole world has at least one interesting thing to say, if only one. This is in fact one of my maxims. An interesting thing is just something that makes you think or a fact you didn't know or a rare feature about them.

What opinions, from people who know you, seem: a) fair;
    1 That I am rude or direct.
    2 That I am funny.
    3 That I am good at organising things.

b) not fair;
    1 That I am lazy. If there is no work to be done then it does not make me lazy to have a nap on the sofa. That is a useful way to spend my time because it recharges me for when I need to do work. (I am a little bit lazy, but nobody has ever clocked on to the actual reason or evidence).
    2 That I am unreasonable. Disagreeing with me doesn't make me unreasonable since I come to conclusions through reason (erm, mostly...). Usually this is when people have their own agenda they think should win over mine, and it especially seems to happen when they are being irrational or stupid.

c) hurtful;
    I do not remember the last time a person said something hurtful to me. I am rarely hurt by people's words. The last time a person made me angry was when they accused me of something I didn't do. Attacks on my identity are often particularly painful but I can't remember any in particular.

d) strange.
    1 Cold. People sometimes call me reserved or cold which I think is odd because I often have a very animated face and features and big gestures.
    2 I have been called a coupist before (lol). On internet communities only, though my behaviour is the same almost in real life. If there is some kind of 'legitimate' leadership I like to subvert it and take (preferably dictatorial) power for myself. in an IRL situation this would be basically asserting some kind of authority over people I don't really have any authority over.

Do you fantasize? What kind of fantasies do you have?
    Yes I have fantasies that I am in command of something or other, possibly a country or a submarine or a political party, and am affecting great change by decisive action.

What qualities should a person have to be successful and why?
    A person should understand how to work smart. This is all that is required to be successful. To find what they are good at and how to do it best and then they will be OK.

What qualities can stop a person from being successful and why?
    Being socially disadvantaged, like being poor, or having bad mental health.

What is more important in life – to be a good person or be a successful one? Why?
    I don't really like this question, since these two things aren't mutually exclusive it seems obnoxious to make a person choose between them. I would prefer a world full of good people to a world full of successful people, though.

Is a good person always successful? If not, then why?
    Obviously not. Stalin was a very successful fellow. Sometimes you can, by abusing your fellow men, get ahead. That being said I am reminded of a Yeltsin quote: you can make a throne of bayonets, but you can't sit on it for very long. Bad people often get what is coming to them.

Here is some more information about me.

[u]Work Life[/i]: In my work life I am upset by inefficiency and incompetency. I often propose plans to the management about how to improve efficiency but my inability to compel people to follow them irritates and frustrates me. I work hard when there is something to do, but when there's nothing to do I don't put in more than I need to, often appears lethargic at work and possibly lazy. If asked to do a task I do not complain but do it with a grudging face (always). Really I do not want to do it but the result has been that I am somewhat looked upon as somebody who can be trusted to do things that other people would kick up a fuss about. This was intentional and I am pleased by it.

I have no time for shirkers but at the same time tend not do things that I think are outside of my station and the administration is often frustrated by me not doing things that I am supposed to, usually paperwork or putting things back where they are from. I do not want to do these minor things because they are distracting me from doing my job. I try to be friends with everyone I work with just because it is uncomfortable to be not friends with the people you work with. However I get very upset if people intrude on my work space. I would prefer to organise and manage than do what I'm doing now. I am better at organising things than almost all people I meet. But pretty soon I think I will stop this job because I want to be a military officer.

Interpersonal Life: I have been called rude, confrontational, tactless. I prefer to do things directly so I tend to tell people things very directly but I can turn on my indirect politeness if I need to.I naturally lack social graces but can appear to be very polite, graceful, sophisticated individual if situation demands it. Though I am often overtly formal, possibly rigid when I meet new people. After I know them I become more playful, provocative, taunting, flirtatious. I always say thank you but rarely say please.

If people piss me off I can become brooding, angry, vengeful. I hold a grudge easily. I can in manner and words easily humiliate, denigrate, others. But also build them up if I need to. I have a huge appetite for the opposite sex, which has got me into a bit of trouble. I find it easy to persuade people and get them onto my side. I enjoy social interaction where I am in charge.

Personal Life: I consider myself intelligent but have more physical aspirations and preferences than academic. Though I spend a lot of time learning about things i enjoy to make up for my poor formal education (I do poorly in education) which includes reading a lot of books. I like fixing things around the house especially machinery; it gives me great pleasure to take something apart and put it back together again the way I like. I have a huge appetite for food and drink, I eat a lot and drink a lot (of alcohol) and smoke a lot.

I am a very gregarious, social, person who needs to go out and interact with others and enjoy the world. I like to assert myself over spaces, I like to have favourite things and places which I become familiar with but also enjoy going out of my comfort zone. I can be brooding, emotional, dark, but I don't show it as my external face is cheerful, exposed, interactive. Of all things I take the most intrinsic, raw, human pleasure in wanting something and getting it, whatever it may be.
    I'll spare you quite some time and say this:

You are a human with a name and a surname who deploys a strategy when observing the world. That's all there's to it .

TIM
    NAPOLEON
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Myst View Post
    LIE. Probably LIE-Te for subtype. Probably E8 too in Enneagram.
    I would consider myself an E8 in enneagram.

You overall seem to have more gamma Te than delta, at least to me it seemed you have the same approach to economics questions the Gamma NTs I know do, etc. Speaking of gamma NT friends.. you remind me of my ex LIE bf in some places with your Fi DS. You make a lot of the same Fi related statements/thoughts he would say/think/act upon
    Could you elaborate a bit please?

More on Se. Se HA is apparent here: "Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy."

Why do you think this would be HA and not Base? Because it's a defensive quote and not offensive?

Out of curiosity: give me examples of you occupying someone else's territory.
    To be honest, I don't really do it a lot anymore mainly because I don't really have the opportunity or need. And now I am strongly limited by work hierarchy.

But it was very apparent when I was younger. Some examples:
    When I did my gap year there were 8 rooms and 6 of us. The empty room next to me I claimed as my own, moved my stuff in (once I was comfortable enough with the others I guess), including my wardrobe, and said it was my dressing room/storage room. I also stole the communal sofa and put it in my room and invited anyone to hang out there whenever (which they did, and didn't complain, because I had a big fan). Nobody seemed to have a problem with this, but nobody else ahd this privilege, and it was certainly unfair, since the rooms were very small. I also tried to convert the final unused room into a more social area or a 'guest room' and defied all attempts by anyone to claim it as their own. I don't know if this is anyone's territory specifically, but it was certainly not mine. (This idea was actually successful also).

I guess this is the period where it all comes out, because there was no formal hierarchy and only accepted group rules which I could subvert and take over and impose my will (I was really good at getting the people who had a lot of willpower/influence on my side too, there were about 15 people in total). But in this period I would commonly insist on my own plans at the expense of others, insist that they do and participate in things they didn't want to do, castigate them if they didn't, and ruthlessly attack minority opinions. I tihnk I am the type of person most people on typology forums really hate

It also came out a lot at school, where I basically have little regard for people's personal or mental space and try to co-ordinate people, against their wishes, and suppress types of behaviours that I really didn't like (while, I have to say, doing some ridiculous things myself. The story of my first 'girlfriend' is a particularly funny one).I am STILL like that in big groups where there isn't a formal structure, but I sort of back down against formal structure because I just can't challenge my boss in that kind of management sense.

TIM
    NAPOLEON
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nondescript View Post
    I'll spare you quite some time and say this:

You are a human with a name and a surname who deploys a strategy when observing the world. That's all there's to it .
    So true!

I also have a patronym though

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

some thoughts:

-i agree wholeheartedly with @Myst that your energy seems rational. it feels like theres a purpose/goal behind your communication, it instructs and and imparts far more than it observes.

-i see the base function as something very inherent and naturally pervasive in everything a person says or does even when its not communicated in an explicit fashion. i see you talking about Se a lot at the expense of actually inhabiting it - like, if you were actually Se base you would be describing the back of your eyeballs.

-your logic seems applicable > philisophical to me (this might not be the best way to objectively describe Te>Ti, but my perception of it).

-the brusqueness, the utilitarian outlook, the disdain for emotional outbursts, other people describing you as cold - all of these things steer me towards Te and away from warm, friendly, hoping-to-be liked, Fe-HA SLE.

TIM
    NAPOLEON
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    all of these things steer me towards Te and away from warm, friendly, hoping-to-be liked, Fe-HA SLE.
    hey, I agree with everything else

but i think it's strange that people view me as cold, because i make an effort to be lively and warm and friendly and so on. I do want to be liked but really now I don't care about it so much. when i was younger it was a much bigger thing. the thing is that i view myself as a very personable person, very humorous (in the sense that i love humour and like making people laugh, not that im funny) -- which is why i find it odd when people find me cold.

but i do have cold strikes. i can look at people very coldly and say very direct, serious things. i think that might be why they think that.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

It's possible I'm boxing you into LIE in my mind at this point but frankly none of that seems incompatible with Fe role. I didn't mean to imply that Te base types aren't friendly or don't have a desire to be liked. But they come across more stiff than SLEs.

TIM
    NAPOLEON
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

It's possible I'm boxing you into LIE in my mind at this point but frankly none of that seems incompatible with Fe role. I didn't mean to imply that Te base types aren't friendly or don't have a desire to be liked. But they come across more stiff than SLEs.
    Yeah I am pretty stiff, especially around people I don't know.

TIM
    NAPOLEON
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    LSE

They do see comfort as being earned because they are not a priority to productive and rational activities.
    Regardless, I just can't see Si as a creative function. I don't see much evidence for it in my answers but if I think about it, it's not really something I use as a motivator. I thought the lack of interest in very specific details is more like me (i.e. Si vulnerable)

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Regardless, I just can't see Si as a creative function. I don't see much evidence for it in my answers but if I think about it, it's not really something I use as a motivator. I thought the lack of interest in very specific details is more like me (i.e. Si vulnerable)
    LSE notices details not that they have an interest in it. For example while watching a show on domestic violence I focused on the human nature while an LSE will notice the house on the background and the auction sign on the lawn. These factors will determine why the couple is stressing and fighting
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I change my mind about LSE typing. I'll look at things more closely later. Sle is probably closer now
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

As for evidence for LIE I noticed some of that gamma "desire to get away from bad people/criticism of evil" Fi-. For example you answered in the last part of the Ni block that mentioned how you might never talk to see again who didn't show up for a meeting. Question 9 of Fi block also demonstrates this where you consider people who give you a bad attitude an enemy. And again in question 10 of Ne block with "bad people often get what is coming to them".

hiatus
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As for evidence for LIE I noticed some of that gamma "desire to get away from bad people/criticism of evil" Fi-. For example you answered in the last part of the Ni block that mentioned how you might never talk to see again who didn't show up for a meeting. Question 9 of Fi block also demonstrates this where you consider people who give you a bad attitude an enemy. And again in question 10 of Ne block with "bad people often get what is coming to them".
    Bolded is not necessarily Gamma. It does point to having a one- or two-dimensional ethical function, however.

TIM
    SiTe 6w5 sp/so
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you are Te Ego but I am unsure if LSE or LIE.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

some thoughts:

-i agree wholeheartedly with @Myst that your energy seems rational. it feels like theres a purpose/goal behind your communication, it instructs and and imparts far more than it observes.

-i see the base function as something very inherent and naturally pervasive in everything a person says or does even when its not communicated in an explicit fashion. i see you talking about Se a lot at the expense of actually inhabiting it - like, if you were actually Se base you would be describing the back of your eyeballs.

-your logic seems applicable > philisophical to me (this might not be the best way to objectively describe Te>Ti, but my perception of it).

-the brusqueness, the utilitarian outlook, the disdain for emotional outbursts, other people describing you as cold - all of these things steer me towards Te and away from warm, friendly, hoping-to-be liked, Fe-HA SLE.
    All of that, yeah; that's how I try to spot base function too

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Ti in an ignoring function was one major reason that I felt LIE didn't fit at all, because I am very interested in systematism and how things logically fit together.
    Maybe that's your Ni with Te? My ex said the same thing about Ti ignoring when I showed LIE descriptions to him. He related to the rest fine but pointed out that he didn't relate to Ti ignoring because of the same reason.

Could you elaborate a bit please?
    About the Fi that seemed like his approach too? You have that focus on hypocrisy, also these statements for example:

"If someone has a bad attitude it is almost always because they are thinking of themselves and their petty interests rather than what is good for everybody."

"I close off to them. I don't want to help them or assist them. They are now an 'enemy' so to speak, we are in confrontation, we are rivals. If people are mad at me we're not on the same team."

"If I become very selfish I can also become very stubborn and unyielding and in fact try to take from the person asking from me. But I'm usually only selfish when angry."

This also seemed Fi DS specifically: "My ex is the only person ever who I have been able to really open up to and that was simply me telling her why I felt bad about something and eventually, piece by piece, bad things would come out."

Why do you think this would be HA and not Base? Because it's a defensive quote and not offensive?
    Because you seem to idealize it.

hey, I agree with everything else

but i think it's strange that people view me as cold, because i make an effort to be lively and warm and friendly and so on. I do want to be liked but really now I don't care about it so much. when i was younger it was a much bigger thing. the thing is that i view myself as a very personable person, very humorous (in the sense that i love humour and like making people laugh, not that im funny) -- which is why i find it odd when people find me cold.

but i do have cold strikes. i can look at people very coldly and say very direct, serious things. i think that might be why they think that.
    You do come off as cold by default. What you say here does sound like Fe role just fine.

OK, so overall, after reading all posts, I still think LIE-Te 8w7 works fine for you.

TIM
    NAPOLEON
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Maybe that's your Ni with Te? My ex said the same thing about Ti ignoring when I showed LIE descriptions to him. He related to the rest fine but pointed out that he didn't relate to Ti ignoring because of the same reason.

About the Fi that seemed like his approach too? You have that focus on hypocrisy, also these statements for example:

"If someone has a bad attitude it is almost always because they are thinking of themselves and their petty interests rather than what is good for everybody."

"I close off to them. I don't want to help them or assist them. They are now an 'enemy' so to speak, we are in confrontation, we are rivals. If people are mad at me we're not on the same team."

"If I become very selfish I can also become very stubborn and unyielding and in fact try to take from the person asking from me. But I'm usually only selfish when angry."

This also seemed Fi DS specifically: "My ex is the only person ever who I have been able to really open up to and that was simply me telling her why I felt bad about something and eventually, piece by piece, bad things would come out."

Because you seem to idealize it.

You do come off as cold by default. What you say here does sound like Fe role just fine.

OK, so overall, after reading all posts, I still think LIE-Te 8w7 works fine for you.
    Thanks for the elaborations! Now I realise I wrote quite a long post. Sorry to anyone who reads it haha

edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOcWw8LLYFE here's a video. i had to do it on my phone cos my sound card won't accept microphone connections LOL. so sorry about that. it also cut off at the end

I think that my control/totalitarian tendencies (not the basis of my username, btw) maybe come from 8ishness. I'm actually a much more aristocratic person even though LIE is democratic type? I dunno. I give everyone a fair chance. I am not a snob, I do not look down on poor people. In fact I prefer the natural hard working poor to the smarmy nouveau riche, self-earned, 'I did it all myself' type. (This type of figure I especially detest). But I do have an intense feeling of who is 'in' a certain group and who isn't. I don't necessarily take people on their merits, more on their properties or qualities tho I am fast to recognise and evaluate and appreciate certain traits like competency and fairness.

Some story from a distant part of my life. My ex comes from well-to do family, and quite established also. They had giant party at their house with 100+ people and at this party there was a lamb spitroast. It was really delicious maybe one of the best things I have ever eaten in my whole life. But I noticed that while all guests enjoyed this, their house maid and her children did not. So I got a pretty generous helping and brought it to the back for them. It wasn't that they were treated badly, quite the reverse, it was just that nobody had thought about them: and in the event, they were too shy to get it themselves. I thought it was obvious, but apparently not.

I am leaning towards LIE now after reading more about Te, but I want to give two work related (lol) scenarios:

I work in a medium sized language centre as a teacher. (my grammar is usually weird on forums as I tend to type stream of consciousness but it's good irl I promise)

First one, today my manager comes to speak to me. A student of mine from months ago needs a reference because she's applying to a particular college. So I said to the manager, oh dear, that's bad. Because she wasn't good. I tell him she was bad at everything (true). Then he's like okay, but you can't say that. You must lie by ommission and say only the good things. Like: she was responsive in class, right? I mean yea, I know how to lie by ommission -- I too had a mother. But this annoyed me. So I said yea, but it's not true, is it? She was a bad student so I ought to write a bad report. Of course, because I value my job, I will write a good report that omits all the bad things, like the fact she was consistently unable to grasp basic grammar. But here I am torn because what I really want to do is write a report that puts her in an objective metric relative to others, rather than some made up lie. It pissed me off a lot.

Secondly. We recently put on a drama performance. So I said to the manager, we should do it again. He's like hmm, are you sure? I'm like, yea we should -- (because I honestly believe it was great press for the company, the students enjoyed it, and it was an effective exercise. In general it's the type of thing the company needs) but this time I will plan the procedure, since last time the procedure was awful. So he said, ok, if you can plan it. So I went downstairs to the cafe, drank a cup of coffee and smoked 3 cigarettes and duly re-planned this procedure. Whole thing was done in 15m.

But another time, the big boss came and outlined her idea to do this thing. I was supposed to plan it. I don't think much of the idea, so I have not planned it in depth, I only did some broad outline. Generally I only put this type of organisational effort into things I think are worthwhile or are going to be good. Now I have no great love for the company but as my dad always used to say, if you're going to do something you ought to do it properly or as General Guderian once said 'Klotzen, nicht kleckern' aka 'Knock, don't tap'. So I don't want to do this idea so I won't put a lot of effort into organising it, but if there is an idea I want to pursue, I will. Does that make sense?

What I really want to be doing in this job is organising more things and planning more things. Today when the manager was out I re-organised some of the office to be more efficient. I feel like this is me at my most natural.
    Last edited by totalize; 11-04-2015 at 04:22 PM.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Jeez, do you make videos of yourself frequently? You're so confident and relaxed! You can be my dual, cutie pie.

Seriously, though, like I said in chat, I can't recognize LIEs. But you don't strike me as blatantly any other type. You seem extroverted, which is about all I can confidently say.

TIM
    NAPOLEON
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

dual

Really though, I rarely make videos or anything. I do sometimes make videos but they're of me playing games so I'm only talking (they're on my youtube there).

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

You're cute in your video. My first thought was ILE, but LIE could also work : ) Not SLE and not LSE.

TIM
    NAPOLEON
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darya View Post
    You're cute in your video. My first thought was ILE, but LIE could also work : ) Not SLE and not LSE.
    Thanks! Would you mind elaborating on your reasoning?

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

INFP (IEI)

TIM
    NAPOLEON
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    INFP (IEI)
    I'm not sure how I see this is possible.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I'm not sure how I see this is possible.
    You need good knowledge and understanding of typology to rely on your "sure".
    Read, type people, watch how people with different types behave, check your own type versions by intertype relations and then you'll maybe success to see how good this fits the theory. This studing and checking may take monthes, only then your opinion will cost something (in case of good fiting to theory, certainly).
    Note: Reinin's dichotomies and all derivatives you may ignore as it's baseless and far from Jung.

TIM
    NAPOLEON
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Read, type people, watch how people with different types behave, check your own type versions by intertype relations and then you'll maybe success to see how good this fits the theory. This studing and checking may take monthes, only then your opinion will cost something (in case of good fiting to theory, certainly).
    Note: Reinin's dichotomies and all derivatives you may ignore as it's baseless and far from Jung.
    That is in so many words what I said.

I am asking you to explain it, not saying I am sure you are wrong. Since many people who posted here did not agree I can't immediately take your word for it and I would like to hear your point of view in more detail.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Listen to me. He's asking for details. If that's not S then I don't know what is. Why won't you ever listen?
    -

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

I think that my control/totalitarian tendencies (not the basis of my username, btw) maybe come from 8ishness. I'm actually a much more aristocratic person even though LIE is democratic type? I dunno. I give everyone a fair chance. I am not a snob, I do not look down on poor people. In fact I prefer the natural hard working poor to the smarmy nouveau riche, self-earned, 'I did it all myself' type. (This type of figure I especially detest). But I do have an intense feeling of who is 'in' a certain group and who isn't. I don't necessarily take people on their merits, more on their properties or qualities tho I am fast to recognise and evaluate and appreciate certain traits like competency and fairness.
    Do you understand what that dichotomy is about? If you focus on individual traits of people like competency you are a democrat - seems quite likely for you.

INFP (IEI)
    Lol so much for your VI skills

I do not see why you think that typing by video is any more reliable lol......

Listen to me. He's asking for details. If that's not S then I don't know what is. Why won't you ever listen?
    Details of sensory stuff or details of logic? Not the same thing.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Do you understand what that dichotomy is about? If you focus on individual traits of people like competency you are a democrat - seems quite likely for you.

Lol so much for your VI skills

I do not see why you think that typing by video is any more reliable lol......

Details of sensory stuff or details of logic? Not the same thing.
    Details are sensory first whether that's Se or Si is harder to distinguish at first few contacts
    -

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

From combining the video with your answers LIE definitely looks like the most probable option at this point. Your vibe is more of a kind of slickness characteristic of LIEs rather then the bluntness of SLEs/LSEs.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Details are sensory first whether that's Se or Si is harder to distinguish at first few contacts
    You don't understand how in this context it is not S/N dependent to ask for at least a little bit of reasoning!

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darya View Post
    Sorry, can't really help you with anything more substantial : ) Just the impression I got from watching you . LSE or LSI seem the most off. You don't seem sensor at all and I'm not getting strong rational (Te) energy either, so in case you're LIE, which is most likely, then Ni subtype.

TIM
    NAPOLEON
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

From combining the video with your answers LIE definitely looks like the most probable option at this point. Your vibe is more of a kind of slickness characteristic of LIEs rather then the bluntness of SLEs/LSEs.
    I did indeed manage to settle on LIE.

Thank you for everybody who contributed in some way, small or large. It was appreciated

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I did indeed manage to settle on LIE.
    Don't only try to use the Socionics in life with selfyping to the revisor type. At least check your version by IR, to be sure it's not bullshit (wich it is indeed).

TIM
    NAPOLEON
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

(wich it is indeed).
    look, with no other convincing evidence to the contrary, i don't see that you have an argument.

i don't frankly believe that you can instantly and decisively type a person based on a 5 minute video and a few pictures without any other supporting evidence.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast