Thread: Socionics and your career

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Careers

Are there any resources out there that advise on career paths for different socionics types, similar to the way MBTI does?

Jim, Invisible. "Socionics something something". The16types.info shoutbox; May 15, 2014.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by McBain View Post
    Near the bottom of the page: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...ption-Filatova

Nothing really extensive as far as I can tell.
    IT DOESN'T SAY COSMETICS STORE MANAGER WHAT AM I GOING TO DO WITH MY LIFE OMGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jim, Invisible. "Socionics something something". The16types.info shoutbox; May 15, 2014.

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Sales manager"?

That list covered all the things I've considered doing, that I have done, that I do, and that I might do. The only missing item is law, except that the only kind of law I might practice is public-interest law, which is a sociopolitical / helping kinda thing.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GOLDEN View Post
    "Sales manager"?

That list covered all the things I've considered doing, that I have done, that I do, and that I might do. The only missing item is law, except that the only kind of law I might practice is public-interest law, which is a sociopolitical / helping kinda thing.
    Lol, I totally wanted to study employment law for a while because I hate the way companies treat people and wanted to work for a union. My interest in law was exclusively emotional.

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheWholeEnglish View Post
    Lol, I totally wanted to study employment law for a while because I hate the way companies treat people and wanted to work for a union. My interest in law was exclusively emotional.
    That's not a bad motivation at all. I have a friend who went into law in order to establish services for renters in Texas who speak English as a second language and get hopelessly jacked around. You'd just want to find a law school that will support your more activist intentions. I'm under the impression that UC Davis might . . . I know they used to give a substantial tuition break to students who worked in the public sector for a given period of time after graduation.

Not that you said you still want to pursue that or anything.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IT DOESN'T SAY COSMETICS STORE MANAGER WHAT AM I GOING TO DO WITH MY LIFE OMGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!
    If youre EIE sweet babies nooo. Dont be a cosmetics store individual!!! you're just going to get supervised by underlings pwning your Si!

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RedMarquee View Post
    If youre EIE sweet babies nooo. Dont be a cosmetics store individual!!! you're just going to get supervised by underlings pwning your Si!
    Are all my employees Si!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

...my boss is for sure Fi and it's a pain...

TIM
    FSE
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Open a bar and $

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Yes gulenko and I think filatova mentions them in the type descriptions. They are quite generic though.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lagerdemon View Post
    Open a bar and $
    A drive in maybe?

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Socionics and your career

I'm curious about how many people here use, have used, or plan to use socionics in their chosen career.

Two particular questions that occur to me atm:

1. Did your knowledge of socionics influence you in your choice of career? If so, in what way?

2. The reverse: did you first learn about socionics bc of your career or job? (I can imagine psychologists or writers stumbling across it this way....)

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by krahc View Post
    I'm curious about how many people here use, have used, or plan to use socionics in their chosen career.

Two particular questions that occur to me atm:

1. Did your knowledge of socionics influence you in your choice of career? If so, in what way?

2. The reverse: did you first learn about socionics bc of your career or job? (I can imagine psychologists or writers stumbling across it this way....)

1. I didn't choose my career because of my knowledge of socionics. But my choice of career was likely influenced by my socionics type. I'm a LIIbrarian. I enjoy information and classifying it, it's appealing to the Ti.

2. No. I happened to stumble upon it online when looking up information about Myers-Briggs.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Socionics doesn't determine a person's career or job choices. There are professions that one can't tolerate nevertheless they will do it for income reasons. I was always great at math so Accounting came naturally to me. It is an isolated introverted profession and I make more money than my number one or two choices. I would have preferred a career in college counseling, therapy of some kind or teaching but they don't pay as well and one has to work way more hours at them.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html