Thread: Socionics and your career

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Socionics and your career

I'm curious about how many people here use, have used, or plan to use socionics in their chosen career.

Two particular questions that occur to me atm:

1. Did your knowledge of socionics influence you in your choice of career? If so, in what way?

2. The reverse: did you first learn about socionics bc of your career or job? (I can imagine psychologists or writers stumbling across it this way....)

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by krahc View Post
    I'm curious about how many people here use, have used, or plan to use socionics in their chosen career.

Two particular questions that occur to me atm:

1. Did your knowledge of socionics influence you in your choice of career? If so, in what way?

2. The reverse: did you first learn about socionics bc of your career or job? (I can imagine psychologists or writers stumbling across it this way....)

1. I didn't choose my career because of my knowledge of socionics. But my choice of career was likely influenced by my socionics type. I'm a LIIbrarian. I enjoy information and classifying it, it's appealing to the Ti.

2. No. I happened to stumble upon it online when looking up information about Myers-Briggs.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Socionics doesn't determine a person's career or job choices. There are professions that one can't tolerate nevertheless they will do it for income reasons. I was always great at math so Accounting came naturally to me. It is an isolated introverted profession and I make more money than my number one or two choices. I would have preferred a career in college counseling, therapy of some kind or teaching but they don't pay as well and one has to work way more hours at them.