netflix and don't touch me Emmym's Avatar
    TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Unhappy EIIs/INFjs and white hair

Do any other EIIs have loads of silver hair from stress at a young age? The rest of my hair is reddish-brown, but I've been getting so many white ones since I was 21 or so that soon I'll have to start dyeing it. Not looking for sympathy, just wondering if this is common for EIIs or Se-polrs in general (or maybe those with Te-polr or Te-DS).
    someday the grapes will be wine
    and someday you will be mine

EII-Ne 2w3 - 9w1 - 7w8 so/sx

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you seem to assume everyone's hair turns white from stress. this seems unlikely to me.

TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by inumbra View Post
    you seem to assume everyone's hair turns white from stress. this seems unlikely to me.
    I'm not saying EIIs have the monopoly on stress, if that's what you're inferring, lol.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Emmym View Post
    I'm not saying EIIs have the monopoly on stress, if that's what you're inferring, lol.
    oh i wasn't. i was just being nit-picky about the notion that persistent high stress would consistently produce observable white hair in all people.

TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by inumbra View Post
    oh i wasn't. i was just being nit-picky about the notion that persistent high stress would consistently produce observable white hair in all people.
    Haha, I'm the only one in my family who has it. I have and EII brother but he just kind of lets other people take care of him (he's middle-youngest, I'm oldest). My IEI ex thought it was sexy. "Like that girl from X-Men." =_=

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Do any other EIIs have loads of silver hair from stress at a young age?
    Earlier grey hairs may to be tendency of F types, not concrete ones. Or may be not linked to types at all.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Awww I'm sorry that makes you feel bad. No though it's genetics
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

My ex-wife and her two sisters all had white hair in their 20's (but dyed it to hide that fact), and I do think it was from the stress of having their parents in a bad marriage. Their father came home one day when the oldest was about 13, and said he was divorcing their mother, marrying his secretary, and it was because the kids were bad kids and were not behaving well, and then he left for good. Their mother gave up; just stopped cooking or doing housework or making them go to school. He was LSE, his wife was delicate, I'm unsure of her type but possibly IEI, the oldest girl (my ex) is SLI, the middle is IEE, and the youngest was possibly IEI also.
    There are well-documented cases of people's hair permanently turning white overnight from stress.

On the bright side, when a poll was taken to determine which hair colors males think are the most attractive, the two that came out on top were redheads and salt-and-pepper. So, don't bother dyeing your hair. You've already got one of the most attractive hair colors.

TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    My ex-wife and her two sisters all had white hair in their 20's (but dyed it to hide that fact), and I do think it was from the stress of having their parents in a bad marriage. Their father came home one day when the oldest was about 13, and said he was divorcing their mother, marrying his secretary, and it was because the kids were bad kids and were not behaving well, and then he left for good. Their mother gave up; just stopped cooking or doing housework or making them go to school. He was LSE, his wife was delicate, I'm unsure of her type but possibly IEI, the oldest girl (my ex) is SLI, the middle is IEE, and the youngest was possibly IEI also.
    There are well-documented cases of people's hair permanently turning white overnight from stress.

On the bright side, when a poll was taken to determine which hair colors males think are the most attractive, the two that came out on top were redheads and salt-and-pepper. So, don't bother dyeing your hair. You've already got one of the most attractive hair colors.
    LSEs like that need to be sent to the moon without a helmet. My ESI dad basically did the same thing to my mom, except he left because he said she'd gotten "homely" since having kids (as if a woman raising four kids on her own while her husband fucks off with work has time to glam herself up). I think what's actually caused my stress, though, is working in customer service for going on nine years. I didn't used to have anxiety either, lol.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

What type is your mom?
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do any other EIIs have loads of silver hair from stress at a young age? The rest of my hair is reddish-brown, but I've been getting so many white ones since I was 21 or so that soon I'll have to start dyeing it. Not looking for sympathy, just wondering if this is common for EIIs or Se-polrs in general (or maybe those with Te-polr or Te-DS).
    I had never thought of this. I haven't had what I'd call major stress until early this year. However, I've noticed gray hairs starting in my early 20s, and they were long-ish so they must have started a couple years before. Now, in my early 30s, I see more, enough that I notice them as I do my hair. I can't tell how noticeable they are to other people. And since the major stress of this year, I do see more short ones.

I'm an oldest and I tend to take on a lot of responsibility, so I've probably allowed / caused more of my own stress than I needed to (school, work, volunteering, running community events...), though when in the moment it can be hard to judge and pull myself out of the state I'm in. (It really helps my stress levels to surround myself with caring, practical people, heh.)
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    Earlier grey hairs may to be tendency of F types, not concrete ones. Or may be not linked to types at all.
    No type. Just genetic variation. Just like there can be blonde EII and brunette.
    -

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EIIs can be particularly wary about their appearance in this way, in some cases.
    but I haven't found them to be particularly prone to hair coloration above other types
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know about the general trend but I'll give you specific examples. I'm an EII and I have just started noticing grey hair now when I'm 40. My ILE husband has been "salt and pepper" since he was 20. My LII friend has a lot of grey hair though she's only 30. My LSE mother-in-law turned grey overnight because of anxiety over her sick child. So I've seen many variations and I don't know how it works.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No hair, grey or otherwise. Started thinning out in my teens and now in my mid-30s, she's a-gone.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Person View Post
    Yes EIIs are the white-haired type, and SLEs are Chinamen.
    Lol
    -

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

taste the rainbow
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    SLI-Si(H)5w6 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is true that stress accelerates ageing, but it is also probably genetic so I wouldn't worry about it. Stress is always bad though so I should focus on remedying it ASAP.

I think white hair looks quite nice actually, and is much preferable to grey. Does reddish brown mean you have gingerish hair? Dark ginger is my favourite hair colour, next to brunette. I like uniqueness

As we reach for the stars, we must put away childish things; gods, spirits and other phantasms of the brain. Reality is cruel and unforgiving, yet we must steel ourselves and secure the survival of our race through the unflinching pursuit of science and technology.
    - Stellaris

Melodies from Mars~
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I still would love to die my hair completely white to achieve a "High Elven "I'm holier than thou"" look... or in combination with a light pink because then I'd taste a sweet strawberry swirl ice cream whenever I looked at myself in the mirror.

But yeah I've had a few strands of white hair ever since I was 12 years old... they keep coming back though even after I cut them.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I am very close to an EII who has natural dark brown hair and she had silvery white hairs pop up in her very early 20s. I thought it looked cool but she didn't like it so she tried different highlights and stuff to cover. She has like this dark violet now that I really like. I always thought it was stressed related.

This is pretty much what her hair looks like now, length and color.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW