Thread: Health scare or legit concern? Tampons found to contain Monsanto’s Carcinogenic Glyphosate

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default .

Last edited by Lily; 09-09-2022 at 08:52 PM.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

This is why I never, ever use tampons.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I wear tampons and will likely continue to do so unless I find more substantial evidence they are carcinogenic. I find that pads don't absorb as fast as I like or I leak because the pad shifts position. I feel cleaner wearing tampons.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

there are a few legit concerns about tampons but i use them anyway. i like ob because you can at least see that they don't have mold. theres no fucking way a pad would be useful during the most heavy part of my period and the other options seem expensive and a little dubious (a cup? that can spill? isn't it slippery?)

Creepy-bg

i like reading this thread way too much.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lily View Post
    http://anonhq.com/tampons-found-to-c...ic-glyphosate/

So what do you guys think of this? Don't hold back your ayurvedic opinions, no matter how kooky
    it's not surprising. i don't feel unconcerned, but i unfortunately feel resigned to it, like "so that's another thing i eat/use/wear on a regular basis that might kill me" lol. so many carcinogens and traces of them everywhere.

from the comments on that page i saw that period panties are a thing - i had no idea...

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I'm gonna opt for a sex change so I don't have to have periods anymore. People mistake me for a male anyway.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I don't wear them. I find them unnecessary and possibly dangerous
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cups can spill, but I still prefer them. During the heaviest time a pad or liner can catch most of anything that might spill.
    I hate the feeling of tampons!
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Since all you ladies are here together, will your flow's sink up now?

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    293 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

You can avoid the problem by getting certified organic tampons, though this may cost more it would eliminate the problem as organics ain't got glyphosate. I hear they used some weird shit in the tampons during the 80's that fucked up a lot of women, but they've swept it into the memory hole. Might bear further researching. Still, I'd try to avoid the problem somehow, if I was a girl I know for damn sure I'd be very weary of anything I put into the hoo-ha. Must take good care of the naughty bits!

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

If you are supposed to change your pad every two hours as stated in the instructions (yes I read them). Can imagine how often you would have to change the tampons to be safe? I image more often.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I don't really care much about this issue because I'm only a half-girl in spirit lol but the look and thought of tampons if I did have a pussy- just seems highly unnatural and weird to me, like toxic shock syndrome is just this obvious occurrence of it. My sister uses pads only and she has complained before that they don't always work too good, but that it's still better than the alternative.

netflix and don't touch me Emmym's Avatar
    TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I... really don't like or trust tampons. Also, I would not discount this as just a health scare. (Not ragging on you at all, Lily--the people who market these products are smart and hell and know how to make things that can cause cancer seem extremely harmless. It's horrible.)

It's not just tampons that contain chemicals that are linked to cancer as well as damage to the brain and nervous system. Our jeans, pillows, and even our remote controls contain flame retardants which are toxic. Literally everywhere we wear, touch, and increasingly, eat, either contains or is coated with chemicals which negatively impact our health.
    someday the grapes will be wine
    and someday you will be mine

EII-Ne 2w3 - 9w1 - 7w8 so/sx

TIM
    IEI 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah honestly people who are freaking about tampons possibly being carcinogenic are forgetting that everything we handle is possibly bad for you. Plastic, metal cans, soda, cell phones, artificial sweeteners, artificial flavors, car exhaust, alcohol, etc etc
    I'm never going back to using pads they suck and to me they feel dirty. And TSS is super rare and barely ever happens to anybody. I've left tampons in for 8-10 hours and been fine lol, because I sleep with tampons in.

P.S. I'm surprised nobody here has been skeptical enough to actually look up if the article is correct:

https://drjengunter.wordpress.com/20...-cancer-stick/
    http://www.skepticalraptor.com/skept...cancer-apples/

TIM
    Si 6 spsx
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

undercover population control